FM 16 Unlikely Champions

We'll se where Leicester will be in 3 months time. I'd say somewhere in the bottom half of the table.

Maybe - but we're talking about a game here, that simulates real life.

If you can imagine this in 1 million universes, then in 1 of those universes, they would win the league.

Just like Swansea, out of a million people playing the game, then problematically out of that 1 million, 1 Swansea team wins the league.

Unrealistic, but not impossible.

We'll se where Leicester will be in 3 months time. I'd say somewhere in the bottom half of the table.

You can quote me on this, Leicester won't finish bottom half. The season may only be 13 games old, but to be blunt about it, I can't see them getting less than 20 points (in 25 games) for the remainder of the season. Even relegation form (~1 point per game) will see them finish on 53 points, and going back that last 5 years, 48 points is enough to make the top half.

A game in which Swansea (or Leicester, or Bournemouth) have a small but non-zero chance of winning the league is significantly more realistic than one in which they don't. That's part of what makes football so amazing.

And further to that, even if it wasn't realistic in real life that a particular lowly team should be able to win the league, I'd fully support it being possible in game. What would be the point in including them otherwise?

Agreed - other teams can win league titles and championships without being favourites, and that's football.

FC Porto. Blackburn.

And Everton, Aston Villa and Sunderland have all won the league more times than Chelsea.

It's a game, that simulates reality. And the reality is that sometimes other teams win.

I haven't got FM16 yet, however in FM15 I never seen an unrealistic champion in a major league in the first season. It tends to take at least five years for the smaller clubs to catch up or the bigger clubs to start to struggle.

Managers should really have more power in this game.It would be interesting to have Pep managing Norwich and being able to get good results simply because he knew how to exploit opposition weaknessess.

As if Guardiola would ever take a job that required some effort.

btt, in every one of my games since the beginning of the beta, the first year Champions League winner was an English club. Rubbish.

In FM15 I had Novarra winning Serie A after 4-5 seasons. Next year they were relegated. :D

When I select leagues as playable all of them are alright. Mostly realistic champions, runners up etc. And different champions. But with leagues that are view only, man.... In Finland f.e. HJK won the league 20 seasons in a row. Same goes for like 70% of the leagues. Makes you wonder why you even bother selecting view only leagues. Or, if I get bored with always the same small teams in Europe, I just use the In-Game Editor to alter club reputations etc.

My Scottish saves have seen Dundee, Partick Thistle, Inverness, and Dumbarton all win the title, while Celtic relegated in the second season. My Hearts save saw me win by 25 points, and then my East Stirlingshire save has me in Europe in 5 years. If the patch doesn't fix this ridiculous unrealism, I'm uninstalling and moving to FIFA manager. I know teams will wax and wane over time, but this is a joke.

Oh, and the CL winners over the six years of my save were Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, and proving the game is a joke, the last one saw Viktoria Plzen beat Basel in the final.

My Scottish saves have seen Dundee, Partick Thistle, Inverness, and Dumbarton all win the title, while Celtic relegated in the second season. My Hearts save saw me win by 25 points, and then my East Stirlingshire save has me in Europe in 5 years. If the patch doesn't fix this ridiculous unrealism, I'm uninstalling and moving to FIFA manager. I know teams will wax and wane over time, but this is a joke.

Oh, and the CL winners over the six years of my save were Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, and proving the game is a joke, the last one saw Viktoria Plzen beat Basel in the final.

The FIFA manager series has been discontinued hasn't it?

On my PSG save, 2nd place in the Ligue 1 wnt to Stade de Reims, 3rd to Rennes. Marseille and Monace both didn't manage to be in places that give them euro competitons. Marseille is bottom half of the league. Lyon had -25 points of me, finishing 5th i think.

Don't know if you're on the windup but Celtic walk the League in mine. In fact I'm their only challenge as Rangers and I'm yet to break their streak of titles (although I have to before they get 10 in-a-row, I don't know if I'd be able to continue playing if that were to happen!)

Nothing that I'd consider completely unrealistic has happened yet, Scottish clubs even get knocked out of Europe nice and quick just like real life.

Don't know if you're on the windup but Celtic walk the League in mine. In fact I'm their only challenge as Rangers and I'm yet to break their streak of titles (although I have to before they get 10 in-a-row, I don't know if I'd be able to continue playing if that were to happen!)

Nothing that I'd consider completely unrealistic has happened yet, Scottish clubs even get knocked out of Europe nice and quick just like real life.

Currently five seasons in on my second save and Celtic have walked each and every title.

Probably will go over the head of some in here, but anyway in my Colombian save.. La Equidad won the Finalizacion title in both 2015 and 2016. An achievement considering they had not won the title at all until that point.

Notably in 2015 they beat Aguilas Doradas in the Final a team who themselves are not known for success in Colombia. Since then however, La Equidad have struggled to reach such heights and find themselves playing in Primera B (the 2nd division) after just being relegated in 2026.

In my first PL season with 12 games to go Everton are on top with a 7 point lead.

They lead the league for months in my first season. Right now they've dropped down to 2nd with about 10-15 games to play.

Mid-table clubs overperforming makes me think counter-attacking tactics are overpowered right now.

A piece of advice, how do you manage to post such screenshot? How do you put it in the post???

You need to save a screenshot on your computer and then upload it to an image hosting site, such as imgur in this case, which will then give you a link to that image: http://i.imgur.com/XduPeur.jpg

You then post that link and put in front of it and at the end of it to get it to display as a sceenshot.

Archived