Match 24 - Group D - Italy VS Costa Rica 1700BST

sean_oc16

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Costa Rica deserved that, defended as if their lives depended on it, always putting pressure on the player with the ball and Italy trying to set a world record for offsides rather than trying to win the game

I'm glad for Costa Rica and I'm glad we are out now rather than have false hope for the last match. At least there is zero pressure for the England team and will be interesting to see the character they show for that.

Costa Rica usually play in tropical climate, though.

Even sauna training by the Italians has little effect after one match, it seems.

Should have trained on football tbh

well played Costa Rica, to not only beat Italy and Uruguay but to make them look so poor is some doing.

Against Italy, I think it was more Italy who weren't up to the standards than Costa Rica who were great. Buffon wasn't troubled much. Against Uruguay, less so, and Costa Rica were good.

Not to say Costa Rica don't deserve to go through, though.

The match between Uruguay and Italy should be a good one. One of them's going out with us. Would never have guessed that at the start of the tournament. Got to hand it to the Costa Ricans.

10498266_10152495048815982_437052682324828520_o.jpg

embarassing what lineker does there tbh.

out after just 2 games? really didnt expect the team to be THAT bad.

Well now its the time for a complete english football system re-haul (and no i dont mean B-teams).

hope england will learn from this world cup because i love a good english team that can compete.

wish you all the best for that and hope to meet a rebuild and re-strenghted england team in 2016.

Being German this may be an alien concept but it's called 'having a laugh'

Being neither German nor English I call it pathetic. Anyway, all water under the bridge now.

Archived