[FM13] Futbol Club Barcelona - Més que un club; Into the Post-Pep Era

tommonufc

Update on my save is that I'm in 2022, having accrued the following trophies in my spell in charge:

10 successive La Liga titles

10 successive Champions League titles

9 successive Club World Championships

10 successive European Super Cups

8 out of a possible 10 Spanish Cups

9 out of a possible 10 Spanish Super Cups

Lots of the players I posted earlier in the thread are still at the club. Our Champions League squad this year features 25 players trained at the club between 15 and 21.

Our oldest player is 26, the youngest 16. The average age is now 22, but has been as low as 19.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go into the editor, click on File, the Load Database.

Then click on Clubs, type in Barcelona and double click on the relevant team.

On the details page, it should mention 'Reserve Teams'

Click add then select 'B Team'

Down the left hand side it should now say Barcelona B

Go back and find the original Barcelona B and double click on the relevant team.

Go to 'Staff and Players' then select all the players/staff then click 'Edit'.

On the 'Contract' section. change their club from F.C. Barcelona 'B' to F.C. Barcelona ''B'' who will have a reputation of 1000.

Finally you will need to swap the teams in Liga Adelante so go into that and click 'Teams' then click F.C. Barcelona 'B'and swap them with F.C. Barcelona ''B''

Save this as something, then fire up a new game.

Anyone know? I started a save and my tutoring got secretly cancelled when I sent players to the B team.

Like in real life Valdes is leaving also in new update' date=' he has set "looking forward to moving clubs". Damn :thdn::(

Edit: It will be a big lose, because he is the best goalkeeper for Barca and i think the best sweeper keeper in game. So it will be a big challenge to find someone that can take his spot.

Looking forward to new Barca save! :thup:[/quote']

I sold Valdes after the first season to PSG for £20M

Bought Ter Stegen £16.5M & De Gea £19M as a replacement. :applause:

Ter Stegen is a better sweeper keeper than De Gea but De Gea is a Spaniard.

Update on my save :-

Season 1 was semi successful. Won the league and super cup double. The league was won fairly comfortable, suffered one defeat at the hands of Real Madrid. I was knocked out the Spanish cup by Athletic, Llorente being a machine for them. Also knocked out the CL in the QF at the hands of Dortmund on away goals.

Season 2 has seen me sign a lot of regen youth, all of which quite promising. I have however signed a couple of first team players.

Zouma - £16m. Straight into side. I am not impressed by Puyol or Piqué in season 2. Piqué now getting back into side but Puyol is purely for tutoring.

Neymar - £33m. Not overly impressed so far. Playing as inside forward on left behind Messi. Is still young and natural replacement for Messi.

Papadopolous - £12m. I am aware he doesn't fit the philosophy, but after Llorente destroyed me twice I need a mad man for those rough and tumble games.

Current players - Alba is poor. Xavi is poor in season 2. I it just me or are the more senior players rapidly declining?

In Jan of season 2 still in all competitions and top of la Liga by 8 points.

By the way - Bale available for £28m. Would you?

I started a new save with Barca starting from February, trying to make Messi to score like in real life but i have problem to achieve it, as a striker he doesn't score much, can anyone post the right settings to make him score at least 1 goal per game?

I started a new save with Barca starting from February, trying to make Messi to score like in real life but i have problem to achieve it, as a striker he doesn't score much, can anyone post the right settings to make him score at least 1 goal per game?

I always use him on striker role in trequartista duty ;)

I always keep up with the Barca thread and I just completed my first season as Barca on FM13.

No flashy screenshots I'm afraid, though I did try to impose some house rules on myself such as developing the younger players and not going crazy bringing in foreign superstars. Anyway here's a brief overview of how I did.

We won the supercup against Real and beat them to the La Liga title by 6 points. It would have been more as we wrapped up the league with 3 or 4 games to play so I rested my starters for the CL final, which we won 3-1 against Valencia and we dropped a few points in the process.

We lost to Celta in the cup and fair play to them, we had strong teams out in both legs and they were the better team.

Main transfers in were all in January. I made a bit of a mistake thinking that Valdes would leave at the end of season 1, when in fact it's season 2, so our DoF overpaid to bring in De Gea for £39m but I let the deal go through as my thinking is he'll be our keeper for the next 12 or 13 years so in the long run we should get value for money. I played him in the league and Valdes in the CL after he signed. The other big one was my own work as we brought in Zouma for £26m as the long term successor to Puyol. Again I figured he'd be with us for 12 years so it was worth it. HoYD signed Brazillian Victor Andrade but he's yet to join us.

Only Transfer out was Adriano for £20m in the first window. I promoted Muniesa to cover Alba at LB.

The youngsters:

Deulofeu played quite a bit at AMR and backing up Messi at FC due to injuries to Sanchez as did Thiago at MC as we had injuries at some point to Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. Tello played sparingly, mainly as a sub and Muniesa saw some time at both LB and CB. Rafinha also saw a bit of action early in the season in midfield and backup up Messi at FC.

Off the top of my head, all these guys played a dozen games or more avg 7 or more in player ratings and they are all developing nicely.

Start of season 2.

Transfers in: Muniain for £32.5m as the long term successor to Villa at AML and also to cover Messi at FC & young GK Balleste.

Transfers out: Pedro & Song both to PSG for a combined £33m. Bojan to Granada for £6m. Cuenca and Affellay back out on loan.

Won first game of the season 5-0 at home to At. Madrid but losing 2-0 to Real in the SC and had Puyol sent off before I left for work.

Just started a new Barcelona save post-patch. Brought in a number of new staff, set up all my tutees/tutors, now looking at transfers. I generally sign nobody in the first two windows, preferring to give everyone a chance but I've sold Adriano for £15.5m to Man City, which will allow a few youngsters (Ideally Grimaldi although he's a bit too young) to step up.

This is the team at the moment

barce.png

Balo is in. Got him for a bit of fun but am going to try utilize him as some sort of super sub to change the way we play a bit, shake it up.

Has that formation been working for you at all? I know that it's Barcelona just whenever I have tried to re-create a strikerless formation I always get the same feedback of being outnumbered by the opposition defence etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help.

My Barca team is really struggling and I can't seem to figure out why. Especially Messi, I just really can't seem to get the best out of him. I'm considering scrapping the save and starting again, as I don't think my contract is gonna get renewed.

So far my transfer dealings have seen Pedro and Puyol leave (Puyol was sold in January after what can only be described as the worst centre back showing since Igor Stepanovs - 2 red cards and 2 own goals in 7 games)

I've brought in a few youngsters: Zouma, Digne, Benzia

as well as Neymar, Maicon (Porto, CB) and Hamsik

I'm in January, 5th in the league following a 2-1 home defeat to a 10 man, bottom of the table Espanyol.

My current formation is:

GK

Valdes

DR(Auto) - CD (Def) - CD (Def) - DL (Auto)

Alves Maicon Mascherano Alba

CM (Sup) - DLP (Sup)

Fabregas Hamsik

AMR (IF - A) - AP (A) - AML (IF - A)

Sanchez Thiago Villa

Treq (A)

Messi

Balanced Style - Control - Short Passing - High Tempo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not the greatest insight, I can pick a team, and the 11 I listed is the 11 that has been playing better recently

Pique has managed a total of 3 games, before getting a broken ankle, as it stands hes about 3 weeks away from fitness but I may not have a job in that time. Iniesta does well, so he's normally rotated with Villa, Thiago and Hamsik.

Xavi though is another player I can't get the best out of. Ave rating is around 6.7 putting him behind Fabregas, Busquets and Song.

I played Xavi and Iniesta religiously early on but if there performances don't add up I will drop players.

That's true and as it should be. However, I would start again(you will be sacked), and look to get the best out of Iniest, Xavi and Pique. Try to understand how 3 world class players are performing poorly before dropping them. Hamsik and Thiago are not at their level. Perhaps try Alba and Alves as WB's, get them up the pitch to provide support. At the moment you're front four of Sanchez, Thiago and Villa, Messi, are all on ATTACK, meaning I bet there is huge gaps between defence, midfield and attack. At least two should be on support. There is likely no link up play, you need players to link them all toghether. Look at this:

--------------------Valdes(SK)-----------------

Alves(WB/S)--Pique(BPD--Puyol(CD)--Alba(WB/A)

------------------Busquets(DM/S)--------------

-----------Xavi(DLP/S)--Iniesta(AP/A)----------

Sanchez(IF/S)------------------------Villa(IF/A)

-------------------Messi(TQ)------------------

Doing something like this means that there is more link up play between the lines. You could even use Iniesta as support if Villa and Messi are taking up that space. And with Snchez on support, he'll still cut inside but will let Messi take the space. Messi should be dragging the CB's out of position, therefore exploiting space for Villa, Iniesta and Sanchez.

you have also bought too many players. Do what you like, but Digne is not good enough for Barca, while there's no point buying Hamsik when CM is the strongest in the world. Seriously - Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Song - and you buy Hamsik?! Zouma is a good defender, but why not bring a Barca ball playing CD like Bartra into the team? Zouma is technically inadequate for Barca. Neymar is a good player but I would have waited a year or two.

My 2$.

Thanks for that, some useful tips there. Bartra has been playing more than Zouma to be fair, I've brought him in because he has so much potential if he gets the right development (he is a beast in my Arsenal save). Thiago is the form man, and second highest scorer behind Villa, thats why I have stuck with him.

It's not been a rash decision dropping Xavi, he has been off the boil all season.

That has answered a few things about system at least, but how do I get the best out of Messi?

I'm not sure. But if you try him with the required support then it should help. Also be sure which players to give creative freedom too. I would only give maximum freedom to Messi, and the likes of Iniesta/Xavi to varying degrees. Make sure others have a role which they stick too. Messi should be your target man. Aslong as he's getting support, he will thrive.

OK so, take 2:

Re done the formations, have 3 to try throughout preseason, re jigged the staff set up as well as there were some in there that weren't up to scratch.

Valdes, Adriano and Pedro all out, De Gea in, close to deals for Isco and Rat too.

Hopefully this will go a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a Chelsea save, played 3 and a half seasons before taking over a Barca side sitting 8th in the league and having seen Real Madrid win the league as past 3 seasons. As we were never going to win the league, I focused on getting in new players and creating a tactic similar to Barca IRL and I think I've done so. The video below shows Ospina with the ball and Busquets dropping in between the CB's from his DMC position and pushing my full backs forward. My defenders play the ball out before getting the ball to Lamela, my AMR who plays it to my playmaker, Fabregas, who dribbles forward and whose movement along with Lamela's drags the defence out of position before a good ball from Cesc finds Messi who dribbles and passes into the back of the net.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished my first half of the season with 46 points, 3 ahead of Real. Only one defeat against Atletico, so I can't really complain, but I have some problems with Messi. It doesn't seem to perform as good as expected. Actually Alexis Sanchez is my best player with 15 goals and 13 assists, beating Messi and Iniesta for a place in the world team of the year. I play Messi as trequartista or as deep lying forward-support, but he doesn't score as much as I would like.

Surprisingly I got offered Falcao for 28mio and I am also planning to buy Neymar, so the competition up front will be very fierce. Initially I wanted to keep the core of the team and not to spend crazily, but I can't let the other teams get my favourite players. Now I need to offload some players (Villa, Tello(loan) and perhaps even Pedro)

How do people find Tello to turn out? I am planning on snapping him up on my Arsenal save but just wondering before I invest.

I think he plays really well as AML inside forward. He needs first team matches to develop and after a few games he should already be able to make some good performances

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a new Barcelona save on my own updated database, making some of the more well known changes (See Spoiler).

• Started the game in January 2013 (by loading Brazilian Leagues)
  • Guardiola > Bayern Munich
  • Mourinho > Chelsea
  • Ferguson (Director), Moyes > Manchester United
  • Ancelotti and Heynckes free agents
  • PSG and Real Madrid Job's open (hopefully Ancelotti/Heynckes joins Real)
  • Gotze > Bayern (Future Transfer)
  • Neymar > Barcelona (Future Transfer)
  • Falcao, James Rodriguez, Moutinho > Monaco
  • Phil Neville > Everton (Not beyond the realms of implausibility)
  • And a few other relevant changes.

All Managerial changes are immediate, all player transfers are set for 1st July 2013 and are as correct as possible, for example Neymar transfer is £24m plus potential add ons, with a wage of 7 million euros annually.

Started "Unemployed" in January 2013 as Oleguer Presas (ex-Barcelona/Catalonia player, who also played for Ajax) as I like to create an authentic alter-ego. The Barcelona job was free due to me unattaching Vilanova in the database, so I applied and was offered the job.

Having a few ground rules to make the game tougher, namely;

1. At least 6 La Masia graduates in the First XI at all times.
  2. Maximum of 3 Transfers per season over the age of 17 (Only Two Foreign)
  3. Attempt to win the Champions League with an all La Masia squad

And so it begins, I've disabled the budgets for the January window, so I have to work with what I have got. Barcelona are currently 1 point behind Real in La Liga, lost the Supercopa to Real Madrid 4-0, are in the Semi Finals of the Copa del Rey against Osasuna and finally have drawn Manchester City in the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League.

Played 3 seasons in 4 days with Barca. Won the La Liga in the first two but were knocked out in the Champions League by Arsenal each year in the Quarter Finals. I strengthened in Season 3 and it all came out well.

Season 1 Transfers

6s86ip.jpg

Season 2 Transfers

29m0etl.jpg

Season 3 Transfers

ztwwop.jpg

I always overspend when I have money, but Zouma was fantastic this past season with Pique. Bale has become a mainstay in the first team, and Ocampos started in the Under 19s this season but stepped up to the first team and scored 16 goals.

Treble win

96cmlg.jpg

10igsax.jpg

b46il3.jpg

Finally got my hands on the Champions League. Messi stormed through the competition with 13 goals and in all competitions, netted 47 times.

Just like to show my 4 best prospects as well;

Papantoniou

Theologou

Ocampos

Kovacic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started a Barca save with the latest patch.

Into January on season 2 now.

Looking for a merchandising feeder club. The board continually agree we need one but every time they come back and say they can't find a suitable club.

What's going on? Anybody else had this issue?

This hasn't been a problem in any of the other saves I've had.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone still playing with Barça??

Started a new game yesterday. Anyone knows how Sergi Samper, Dongou, Delofeu and others youngester developes??

Thanks.

Thiago has been good for me so far. The others have t really played tbh because they have either been injured or I can't afford to rest key players. Heard Sergio Roberto can become very good though.

Just decided to start as Barcelona, with a plan of embracing the La Masia players, and trying to build a squad of either La Masia talent, or players that are under 20 at the start of the game, and build a real youth oriented squad. So, as a result, I started by selling off the non-La Masia players (other than Neymar), so out went Sanchez, Alves, Villa, Song, Mascherano and Adriano for a total of £121m. Then, I've signed:

Oriel Romeu - £13m - Former La Masia graduate, very talented young defensive midfielder, that alongside the young Sergi Samper, will play back-up to Busquets

Neil Maupay - £1.3m - 15 year old talented poacher. Will be moved to the under-18s for a couple of seasons, until he's ready for first team action

James Ward-Prowse - £10m - 17 year old attacking midfielder. After a few seasons of good training, and tutoring, should be ready to step into first team action

Luke Shaw - £13.5m - Young replacement for Adriano. Will play back-up to Jordi Alba until he's ready for first-team football, then those 2 will be used in rotation

Kurt Zouma - £20m - 17 year old, future replacement for Carles Puyol. Will be tutored by Puyol, and work hard in training to make sure he's ready for regular La Liga action in either the second or third season.

This leaves me with the following strongest XI:

-------------------------Valdes-----------------------

-----------------Pique-----------Puyol-----------------

---Montoya-----------Busquets------------Alba---------

-----------------Xavi-----------Iniesta-----------------

-------------------------Cesc-----------------------------

-----------------Messi---------Neymar--------------------

Looks pretty strong to me. I am relying heavily on a group of fairly inexperienced back-up players bar Bojan and Pedro, but they're some of the most talented young players in the world, so I'm sure they'll handle it. One area I do need to look at though, is a back-up for Montoya. I'm thinking maybe Peruzzi, but at 20, he's a little old for the challenge I'm setting myself. Might just have to settle on Montoya, and use Puyol as back-up if need be. I'll take a look though, and might find someone good.

Just decided to start as Barcelona, with a plan of embracing the La Masia players, and trying to build a squad of either La Masia talent, or players that are under 20 at the start of the game, and build a real youth oriented squad. So, as a result, I started by selling off the non-La Masia players (other than Neymar), so out went Sanchez, Alves, Villa, Song, Mascherano and Adriano for a total of £121m. Then, I've signed:

Oriel Romeu - £13m - Former La Masia graduate, very talented young defensive midfielder, that alongside the young Sergi Samper, will play back-up to Busquets

Neil Maupay - £1.3m - 15 year old talented poacher. Will be moved to the under-18s for a couple of seasons, until he's ready for first team action

James Ward-Prowse - £10m - 17 year old attacking midfielder. After a few seasons of good training, and tutoring, should be ready to step into first team action

Luke Shaw - £13.5m - Young replacement for Adriano. Will play back-up to Jordi Alba until he's ready for first-team football, then those 2 will be used in rotation

Kurt Zouma - £20m - 17 year old, future replacement for Carles Puyol. Will be tutored by Puyol, and work hard in training to make sure he's ready for regular La Liga action in either the second or third season.

Looks pretty strong to me. I am relying heavily on a group of fairly inexperienced back-up players bar Bojan and Pedro, but they're some of the most talented young players in the world, so I'm sure they'll handle it. One area I do need to look at though, is a back-up for Montoya. I'm thinking maybe Peruzzi, but at 20, he's a little old for the challenge I'm setting myself. Might just have to settle on Montoya, and use Puyol as back-up if need be. I'll take a look though, and might find someone good.

Nice work there mate. I am currently playing as Barcelona too. It started as a bit of a mess around but I am actually really enjoying it.

How much you pay for Neymar or did you add him to the DB before you started?

I have found that Montoya has been amazing for me. Alves has been sent off 4 times (YES 4 TIMES!!) so far this season and I am only in February. Alba at LB has been superb as well.

Maybe you could try and get Pepe Reina back as well to replace Valdes as/when he eventually leaves? I am trying to re-sign some of the ex players similar to you but hadn't thought of Romeu, might have to try and get him tonight!

So far I flogged a lot of the youth that aren't going to make it along with Adriano for 15m and Sanchez for 23m. I haven't managed to sign anyone yet but I did only take over in October 2012 so I am still trying out my squad in different ways to see how I want to play.

Have you had any experience with Rafinha? He isn't cutting it at all for me.

You brought an LB instead of moving up Planas or blooding in Grimaldo, brought in a midfielder instead of moving Roberto, Rafinha, or even Espinoza up, and then brought a CB instead of giving time to Bartra, Gomez, Fontas, or Muniesa?

Yeah, I got a bit carried away with the signings, shouldn't have signed any of them, bar Maupay. Game crashed though annoyingly, so I lost all progress, so going back to my Everton save. Might come back to Barcelona though, had a good save with them on '11.

• 2 months later...

Archived