[FM13] Futbol Club Barcelona - Més que un club; Into the Post-Pep Era

tommonufc

I've reached 2019 and flogged Ter Stegen and Isco to clear my first team of "real" players.

Average age of my squad is now 19 and entirely made up of newgens, of whom the majority have homegrown status.

Good to see some SS if you have the time

I'd hold Mascherano for mentoring. He has amazing stats and doesn't he have the non-teachable PPM stays back at all times?

Yes he has that PPM, i wont be selling him although i may sell Adriano at the end of the season along with Afellay and Keirrison when they return fom loan. I dont really want to sign any players, but have agreed to sign Llorente on a free for season 2.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see some SS if you have the time.

Will try to remember tonight. It's the first time I've made a concerted effort to focus on newgens. I think the oldest player in my first team squad is now 24, the youngest is 17 - and he was a regular starter from 16. Some of them are in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319617-FM13-Rate-My-Regen-Thread/page3 in post #217, but that's from 3 seasons ago so is quite out of date. All of them barring Boris Sommers remain in the first team squad, and all have progressed nicely.

Will try to remember tonight. It's the first time I've made a concerted effort to focus on newgens. I think the oldest player in my first team squad is now 24, the youngest is 17 - and he was a regular starter from 16. Some of them are in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319617-FM13-Rate-My-Regen-Thread/page3 in post #217, but that's from 3 seasons ago so is quite out of date. All of them barring Boris Sommers remain in the first team squad, and all have progressed nicely.

Some really good regens there also no rush mate just when you have time, only asking as i dont normally bother much with regens, but i want to carry on with this barca save for ages and see if i can replace Messi etc with a team full of regens. Did any come through the club or did you buy them all ?

Some really good regens there also no rush mate just when you have time, only asking as i dont normally bother much with regens, but i want to carry on with this barca save for ages and see if i can replace Messi etc with a team full of regens. Did any come through the club or did you buy them all ?

Guillem was through the club but I had to buy the rest.

I didn't really pay attention to newgens until FM13 but buying and developing them now is my focus in the game. My tactics are rock solid and need limited attention, so I can blood youngsters from 16 and watch them grow into world stars.

It's a massive cash generation engine. I don't know what Barca's transfer budget ordinarily would be in 2019, but I'm at over £800m and only spend about 5% of that per year.

Guillem was through the club but I had to buy the rest.

I didn't really pay attention to newgens until FM13 but buying and developing them now is my focus in the game. My tactics are rock solid and need limited attention, so I can blood youngsters from 16 and watch them grow into world stars.

It's a massive cash generation engine. I don't know what Barca's transfer budget ordinarily would be in 2019, but I'm at over £800m and only spend about 5% of that per year.

Ive never really bothered with regens, but like you want to have a good go at using them this year, ive got Llorente joining on a free but dont think ill buy many older real players if it can be helped. Really looking forward to getting a team full of regens, did you look for them or just send scouts out ?

Ive never really bothered with regens, but like you want to have a good go at using them this year, ive got Llorente joining on a free but dont think ill buy many older real players if it can be helped. Really looking forward to getting a team full of regens, did you look for them or just send scouts out ?

I still haven't got finding them down to a fine art yet, I'm waiting for a definitive guide to scouting as my approach works but the more involved part (stage 6) takes ages:

1. Standard approach is that I control Scouting and send a Scout to each of the regions, and ask them to only report on players with 3*+ PA

2. All my scouts have JPA and JCA >=17. I think I have 19 scouts (at work so not sure)

3. I filter player search to just show people aged 17 and less - I pick up most newgens at 16 but give them a year to develop if they aren't quite up to scratch. If they hit 18 they drop off my radar

4. My search is sorted by PA to see review the players my scouts have seen - I'll then take a punt on anyone with 3.5*+ PA, but more usually 4*+

5. Then sort by value to manually look at anyone my scouts haven't seen

6. Finally, I create manual filters for specific roles. My tactics are set in stone so I sign players based on roles they can (or will be able to) play. So, if I'm looking to get decent cover at DLP (S), I'll set filters to find players with at least a 10 in the main attributes required for the role.

I still haven't got finding them down to a fine art yet, I'm waiting for a definitive guide to scouting as my approach works but the more involved part (stage 6) takes ages:

1. Standard approach is that I control Scouting and send a Scout to each of the regions, and ask them to only report on players with 3*+ PA

2. All my scouts have JPA and JCA >=17. I think I have 19 scouts (at work so not sure)

3. I filter player search to just show people aged 17 and less - I pick up most newgens at 16 but give them a year to develop if they aren't quite up to scratch. If they hit 18 they drop off my radar

4. My search is sorted by PA to see review the players my scouts have seen - I'll then take a punt on anyone with 3.5*+ PA, but more usually 4*+

5. Then sort by value to manually look at anyone my scouts haven't seen

6. Finally, I create manual filters for specific roles. My tactics are set in stone so I sign players based on roles they can (or will be able to) play. So, if I'm looking to get decent cover at DLP (S), I'll set filters to find players with at least a 10 in the main attributes required for the role.

Thanks ill start looking at the end of the season :)

Good to see some SS if you have the time

Yes he has that PPM, i wont be selling him although i may sell Adriano at the end of the season along with Afellay and Keirrison when they return fom loan. I dont really want to sign any players, but have agreed to sign Llorente on a free for season 2.

I got I think 20 mil once for Adriano, and in January. Keirrison could never get fees for though.

At Barca its a shame that no good regens come through the youth academy, but I like to buy them very young, and make them HG at the club and blood them in.

Right, a bunch of screenshots attached of my newgen only Barca in 2019.

1. Squad - note ages and PA. I really am not too concerned by CA as these boys can all play!

FCBarcelona_SquadPlayers_zps0c408002.png

2. Squad stats:

FCBarcelona_ReportFacts_zpsccde515a.png

3. Competition overview:

Barcelona_HistoryCompetitions_zpscf2d8dfc.png

4. La Liga performance - particularly pleased with recent upward trend of goals scored, and downward trend of goals conceded

Barcelona_HistoryCompetitions-2_zps07812c07.png

Started a Barca game before the update arrives in March.

Some big intentions:

- Sign nobody

- Promote from within the B and U19 teams only

- Look to sell the foreign players as soon as possible

Win the Champions League :D

Already shipped out Adriano for £12m and Song on loan, Mascherano will be gone in the summer. When Deulofeu is ready for the first team, then i'll ship out Sanchez. Already have most of the first team squad tutoring the younger members like Samper, Grimaldo, Roberto and so on, aiming to get their Determination, Professionalism and Ambition high enough so they'll develop as quickly as possible :thup:

Right, a bunch of screenshots attached of my newgen only Barca in 2019.

1. Squad - note ages and PA. I really am not too concerned by CA as these boys can all play!

FCBarcelona_SquadPlayers_zps0c408002.png

2. Squad stats:

FCBarcelona_ReportFacts_zpsccde515a.png

3. Competition overview:

Barcelona_HistoryCompetitions_zpscf2d8dfc.png

4. La Liga performance - particularly pleased with recent upward trend of goals scored, and downward trend of goals conceded

Barcelona_HistoryCompetitions-2_zps07812c07.png

Wow some achievements there even if it is with Barca, still tough to win everything every year though, hoping I can do the same

It is all 100% genuine too. I'm still annoyed about the Spanish Cups I didn't win, but I learned lessons from the defeats - Getafe have been royally battered ever since!

The benefit of being at Barca is clearly the strength of the first team at the start, but you really need to increase the depth of some areas to be able to maintain players' condition through the season.

Once you get you tactics right and start picking up good newgens, then you can just gradually sell established starts for BIG money (I've sold Fabregas, Valdes, Isco, Mascherano and Pique all to Bayern for over £170m in total).

AI squad building leaves a lot to be desired, in 2019 Real still have a lot of their original squad playing and a whopping bank balance. They have signed players from me for huge sums, and one of my brightest prospects is someone from their academy who I chase for 4 years unsuccessfully (kept refusing to talk terms when offers were accepted!) and then they released him on a free! 4.5* PA!

It is all 100% genuine too. I'm still annoyed about the Spanish Cups I didn't win, but I learned lessons from the defeats - Getafe have been royally battered ever since!

The benefit of being at Barca is clearly the strength of the first team at the start, but you really need to increase the depth of some areas to be able to maintain players' condition through the season.

Once you get you tactics right and start picking up good newgens, then you can just gradually sell established starts for BIG money (I've sold Fabregas, Valdes, Isco, Mascherano and Pique all to Bayern for over £170m in total).

AI squad building leaves a lot to be desired, in 2019 Real still have a lot of their original squad playing and a whopping bank balance. They have signed players from me for huge sums, and one of my brightest prospects is someone from their academy who I chase for 4 years unsuccessfully (kept refusing to talk terms when offers were accepted!) and then they released him on a free! 4.5* PA!

Thats the thing with me am still not 100% happy with my tactics, although am getting there am playing 3 CD, 2 WB, 2 MC, 1 AML, 1 AMR, 1 ST. Just had this crazy game against R.Madrid and Mourinho got sacked after the game :)

rmadridvbarcelonapitchs.png

Have to really look into getting regens considering how well you have done

I don't think a 4-6 win at Real can be underestimated, you aren't doing badly!

I've a fairly standard 4-1-2-2-1 with no slider nonsense involved and it's as solid as a rock, but creates a good amount of goals.

Like I say, AI squad building is ridiculous, so you'll be able to buy and sell players for profit and build on that:

In season one I got Ter Stegen for £19m and sold him in 2018 or 2019 for £40m - that alone is £21m to spend on newgens.

I signed Shaqiri from Bayern for £17m at the end of season one and sold him to Spurs (who I was headhunted from by Barca) for almost £40m two seasons later.

I don't think a 4-6 win at Real can be underestimated, you aren't doing badly!

I've a fairly standard 4-1-2-2-1 with no slider nonsense involved and it's as solid as a rock, but creates a good amount of goals.

Like I say, AI squad building is ridiculous, so you'll be able to buy and sell players for profit and build on that:

In season one I got Ter Stegen for £19m and sold him in 2018 or 2019 for £40m - that alone is £21m to spend on newgens.

I signed Shaqiri from Bayern for £17m at the end of season one and sold him to Spurs (who I was headhunted from by Barca) for almost £40m two seasons later.

Thanks :) i started off using a 4-5-1/4-6-0 but have settled on my tactic above which is basically a sweeper with 2 dc infront, 2 wing backs, 2 center mids, 2 wingers and MESSI :) i dont think ill be buying many players so if i sell anyone it will be people already at the club, the only signing ive agreed so far is Llorente on a free for season 2, altough that may change it depends. My DOF agreed a deal to sign Bale for £35M in Jan but i cancelled it

I like the idea of trying a Sweeper or Libero, but with no wing backs - it might be a sort of 1-2-2-2-2-1 - with a Libero, 2 CBs, 2 DMs (covering the flanks), 2 MCs, 2 AML/Rs and a DLF.

Have never managed to get a Libero to "work" (it's all in the PPMs), but would be enormously pleased if I ever did so.

I like the idea of trying a Sweeper or Libero, but with no wing backs - it might be a sort of 1-2-2-2-2-1 - with a Libero, 2 CBs, 2 DMs (covering the flanks), 2 MCs, 2 AML/Rs and a DLF.

Have never managed to get a Libero to "work" (it's all in the PPMs), but would be enormously pleased if I ever did so.

I use Mascha or Puyol there but will be a challenge when i need a regen to replace them

Forgot to ask how has pedro been performing for you ? He has been awful for me and am considering getting rid as Tello is producing far better perfomances

I'm not a good person to ask - sold him, Tello and Cuenca fairly early!

Pedro went to Schalke for £22.5m in 2013, Tello for £3.4m to Betis in the same year, Cuenca to Inter for £5m in 2014.

I'm not a good person to ask - sold him, Tello and Cuenca fairly early!

Pedro went to Schalke for £22.5m in 2013, Tello for £3.4m to Betis in the same year, Cuenca to Inter for £5m in 2014.

Will most probably sell him come the end of the season, am looking to keep Tello and Cuenca as they have been performing well, am also looking to use any players from Barca B topped up with Regens if possible

When you sign your regens as long as they have decent stats and between 3-5 * PA dont you worry about what there CA is ?

No, the worst case scenario is that they don't develop as you'd like and you sell them later.

In cases like this, I usually stick them in the Barcelona B squad as they get loads of game time at a good level, and the B team ends up doing very well in its league.

No, the worst case scenario is that they don't develop as you'd like and you sell them later.

In cases like this, I usually stick them in the Barcelona B squad as they get loads of game time at a good level, and the B team ends up doing very well in its league.

Ah ok thanks, was managing Barca B with another manager but it seemed ages to get my save going so gave it up, wish i could of managed both teams under the same manager

Have decided to ditch my three at the back after playing city in the semi of the CL 1st leg at home i went 5-0 up then city changed to 2 uptop and it ended up 6-6, no matter what i try i always conceded headers from free kicks etc, rather annoying

Gutted went out 7-6 on agg feel as though ive been ripped off though, 5-0 up in the first leg and city score 5 headers to get it back, then in 2nd leg i attacked from the start city score another header. I was on overload for the whole of the 2nd half but my players kept kicking the ball in to the back of the player in front's foot which is very unrealisitic, also Messi had 3 1v1 but when clean through stopped , turned and passed :(

Gutted went out 7-6 on agg feel as though ive been ripped off though, 5-0 up in the first leg and city score 5 headers to get it back, then in 2nd leg i attacked from the start city score another header. I was on overload for the whole of the 2nd half but my players kept kicking the ball in to the back of the player in front's foot which is very unrealisitic, also Messi had 3 1v1 but when clean through stopped , turned and passed :(

Train defensive set pieces against big teams, or ahead of big matches ;) Its a big problem if you dont, considering you conseded 5 header goals against City

Train defensive set pieces against big teams' date=' or ahead of big matches ;) Its a big problem if you dont, considering you conseded 5 header goals against City[/quote']

Will do

Losing a 5-0 lead is not good. What sort of headed goals are you conceding - set pieces or from open play?

First time its ever happened on any cm/fm, both types really i just could not stop them no matter what i tried

I think Match Training on set pieces is a nice idea, but it probably won't fix your issues.

It is probably a consequence of the current ME build which makes good wingers seem invincible.

An easy solution to this is to set OIs on your opponents ML/MR or AML/AMR. In City's case, with a narrow 4-2-3-1 usually, I'd set OIs on the left and right sided AMC roles. OIs should be closing down often, show onto weaker foot and hard tackling.

If that doesn't alleviate the issue then there is a deeper tactical issue which needs to be sorted.

Looks good for £5m. Anyone at 15 years old with 10 or thereabouts for the key attributes for the role is a definite purchase for me.

He needs beefing up and some quickness training. I'd probably use him in either my DLP or BWM role.

Plan to use him as an anchor man and see how he gets on, also gonna get Mascha to tutor him. Gonna setup a new manager and start managing Barca B again as there are so many players that i need to make sure get game time. Going to move on the likes of Gustavo, Planas, Ayala etc

First youth intake in March 2013 was terrible, only signed 1 player down to a contract and he's only going to be a poor squad player :(

Also struggling to get Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas to do anything in centre midfield. None of them want to play throughballs despite adjusting a lot of their settings and instructions over the season. Seem to be getting tackled too easily with poor awareness of what's around them and too much dawdling on the ball :(

Also struggling with fitness issues and injuries; it's rare that some of the players can play 2 matches in a week :(

First youth intake in March 2013 was terrible, only signed 1 player down to a contract and he's only going to be a poor squad player :(

Also struggling to get Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas to do anything in centre midfield. None of them want to play throughballs despite adjusting a lot of their settings and instructions over the season. Seem to be getting tackled too easily with poor awareness of what's around them and too much dawdling on the ball :(

Also struggling with fitness issues and injuries; it's rare that some of the players can play 2 matches in a week :(

I had 2 decent strikers come through also noticed some of the problems you are having in game, i play Iniesta/Thiago (APA) and Xavi/Fabregas (APS) and all got good ratings in season 1 for me just they had a few injuries (Xavi the most). I have my general training on fitness to try and keep there condition up

Fitness is all about squad rotation. The squad is thin so unless you use Thiago a lot in the early days, the likes of Xavi will tire.

Through balls are an issue with the current ME build, but when you train enough central players with the PPM "Tries Killer Balls Often", you'll see that problem ease.

Starting a save with Barcelona. Going to focus on results first, development second.

Xavi is the first I will be looking at. Il need to find someone who can replicate what he does and can fit into his role in the team.

Any suggestions? Open to all ideas, so long as there under 25!

#initial shortlist

initialshortlist.png

Got a bit bored of my Liverpool save, so going to fire up a Barca save. Will do a little edit so I can control the B team without having to add an additional manager.

I will focus on development and make only 3/4 signings. One will be Wilshere and may be Bale. They arent really needed but I want to see how they adjust in Spain.

Starting a save with Barcelona. Going to focus on results first, development second.

Xavi is the first I will be looking at. Il need to find someone who can replicate what he does and can fit into his role in the team.

#initial shortlist

initialshortlist.png

Gotze maybe Wilshere ?

Got a bit bored of my Liverpool save, so going to fire up a Barca save. Will do a little edit so I can control the B team without having to add an additional manager.

I will focus on development and make only 3/4 signings. One will be Wilshere and may be Bale. They arent really needed but I want to see how they adjust in Spain.

How do you do the edit to manage both ? am having to use 2 managers which is annoying. At the start of the save my plan was to use as many people coming through youth as well as regens as i can, but am trying not to make any signings although that could change as Ive sold Adriano and Grimaldo isnt ready yet so may need to buy a LB.

Tempted to start a new save so i can have Barca and Barca B under the same manager but may just carry on as i am

My DOF keeps agreeing big deals for players but i cant got through with signing them haha, first Bale now Falcao who was TL by Atletico for £29M, am tempted but ive just got Llorente on a free so dont see how ill fit him in, what do you lads think ? i dont want to make things too easy as am sure he his one of the best strikers on the game (havent bought him so far)

You already have that player at Barca. His name is Thiago Alcantara. Sergi Roberto is also someone who could be developed into a very good player.

Gotze maybe Wilshere ?

Not really. Both are more of a AMC than MC.

Archived