FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Unlucky Glenn. My injury woes have been consigned to defence only. Does mean that mcglaughlin has had a fair few games at left and right back, I have high hopes for him.

I'm hoping I can hang on to my lead at the top of the league. Inevitably I got Chelsea in the euro and FA cup so I'm not hopeful of any backup silverware if I blow the league. I'm at the end of march, 7 points clear with two games in hand and other than the mancs twice (hilarity the phone corrects mancs to Nancy's) have a fairly easy run in of home games.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to but in, I play as Ajax and I've been playing Cornelius as a Target Man, pick him as target man with supply to head in instructions and he's fantastic. Scored the winner in a CL group game at Stamford Bridge.

Funnily enough that's how I've initially been trying to use him. I wonder if he's just not settled in yet and that's why he's been a bit patchy so far.

Ahhhhhhhhh really struggling with my defence conceding goals. Especially through crosses!

I'm currently lining up with a 4-5-1 formation, which, depending on the opposition and their formation changes to a 4-2-3-1. My midfield line up as following;

--------------Sahin (DLP)----------------

------Gerrard (CM) --------Lucas (BWM---------

Then if I change to the 4-2-3-1 I push Gerrard up to AMC and move Sahin up to MC rather than DMC.

My defence are set up as basic, two fullbacks on automatic and two central defenders on defend. No personal sliders have been changed. Wingers set up as Suarez (IF) and Sterling (W).

Help?! Before I lose my mind. Sick of drawing games!

Ahhhhhhhhh really struggling with my defence conceding goals. Especially through crosses!

I'm currently lining up with a 4-5-1 formation, which, depending on the opposition and their formation changes to a 4-2-3-1. My midfield line up as following;

--------------Sahin (DLP)----------------

------Gerrard (CM) --------Lucas (BWM---------

Then if I change to the 4-2-3-1 I push Gerrard up to AMC and move Sahin up to MC rather than DMC.

My defence are set up as basic, two fullbacks on automatic and two central defenders on defend. No personal sliders have been changed. Wingers set up as Suarez (IF) and Sterling (W).

Help?! Before I lose my mind. Sick of drawing games!

What mentality are you playing ash? Who do you play in defence?

I personally adjust the centre half sliders all the way down to ultra-defensive. I use the same formation as you and havent had any conceding issues, i normally end up top 5 in the least conceded.

What mentality are you playing ash? Who do you play in defence?

I personally adjust the centre half sliders all the way down to ultra-defensive. I use the same formation as you and havent had any conceding issues, i normally end up top 5 in the least conceded.

Balanced, but controlled. I don't really consider my team to be creative enough to warrant playing fluid. Defence lines up like it does IRL, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson.

I thought the reason for me conceding so much from crosses is the fact Suarez is so far up the field in an IF role, and we all know Sterling's stats don't really compensate for his work ethic in tracking back in real life. But I'm not so sure, because I do have Lucas as a ball winning midfielder - would it be worth putting his closing down slider up a little more?

Can anyone who has had a good first season without making any massive transfers post their tactic? I don't mean to download, but maybe a screenshot of formation and team instructions please?

Here's my current setup (click for larger images):

8203413081_6494ddbe04.jpg

Season1_tactic

8204504572_0d7c27a1ea_o.jpg

TeamInstructions

8204529994_5453b96037_c.jpg

Selection Stats.

And current League table:

8203449899_65b2f26420_b.jpg

And transfers in:

8203413287_1e2ceaf862_o.jpg

transfersin

My youth coach bought Gregoritsch, he seems ok but not quite ready for the first team yet. Much of Wolf's fee is based on appearances and goals scored, I think I only shelled out £1.5m up front.

My 10 match winning streak stretches to 12 after wins against QPR and Shaktar at home. We didn't really play well against QPR and scoring early and late to make it 2-0. Gerrard and Ademilson score.

We hammered Shaktar with the opening goal from Dzagoev. Jovetic was then injured with a broken foot, he'll be out for 4 months. Sterling came on and scored two, Eduardo scored a late consolation for Shaktar and it finished 3-1. Not really a fair reflection of our dominance.

I'm really disappointed about Jovetic, he's a great player but hasn't really settled in yet. I promoted Jordan Ibe (17) to the first-team squad and Sterling will be first choice from now until the transfer window at least. We're first in the league with 21 points from 7 games and 3 points clear of City in second who have played a game more than us. Man United away up next which will probably be the end of the streak.

Here's my current setup (click for larger images):

8203413081_6494ddbe04.jpg

Season1_tactic

8204504572_0d7c27a1ea_o.jpg

TeamInstructions

8204529994_5453b96037_c.jpg

Selection Stats.

And current League table:

8203449899_65b2f26420_b.jpg

And transfers in:

8203413287_1e2ceaf862_o.jpg

transfersin

My youth coach bought Gregoritsch, he seems ok but not quite ready for the first team yet. Much of Wolf's fee is based on appearances and goals scored, I think I only shelled out £1.5m up front.

Sorry mate, what season you in? Seen you got Gould, would like to see how he turns out.

10 games into 2nd season am equal 2nd (3rd on gd)

Doing pretty well I feel... Will definatly qualify out of CL group and am happy with the league performances after all the changes I have made... Club has a pretty bad bank balance but that can be expected after my transfers haha... I have no injuries so need to find some room to integrate some youngsters into the team. My squad is fairly large but many of them are young players so I dont really want to sell them... Maybe ill loan some out in Jan

It seems the patch is out. Tested it and played 1 game and beat Blackburn 4-1 away.. not bad!

The main thing though.. the game entered into february and only reported monthly loss of 4,2M... well that is HUGE diffrence since it was around 14M before...!

From the couple of games I managed to play this morning while feeding the baby ( :cool: ) it looks like the new ME is much better. Better movement, better closing down, better defensive positioning for the most part. I've also been able to go back to my preferred 4-1-2-2-1 formation as the movement of the forwards seems to work better now.

The only downside appears to be Reina's distribution, but I believe that SI are aware of that issue.

It seems the patch is out. Tested it and played 1 game and beat Blackburn 4-1 away.. not bad!

The main thing though.. the game entered into february and only reported monthly loss of 4,2M... well that is HUGE diffrence since it was around 14M before...!

Thank ****! Can finally get back into making Liverpool great again

Thank ****! Can finally get back into making Liverpool great again

Indeed. In a rough estimate the game has screwed me anywhere between 60-80M in last two seasons! That is an high figure but well.. thankfully that disaster is now over.

Alright lads finally started my save up last night, am looking on using a 3-4-1-2 formation GK- DC-DC-DC-W-MC-MC-W-AMC-ST-ST I will be using Kelly at DC and Robinson, Enrique and Johnson on the wings.

Looking forward to seeing how the save goes also not sure if am gonna buy much in the first window shall have to see, looking on selling Downing, Doni and Cole

Alright lads finally started my save up last night, am looking on using a 3-4-1-2 formation GK- DC-DC-DC-W-MC-MC-W-AMC-ST-ST I will be using Kelly at DC and Robinson, Enrique and Johnson on the wings.

Looking forward to seeing how the save goes also not sure if am gonna buy much in the first window shall have to see, looking on selling Downing, Doni and Cole

That's pretty much my formation in my third season, but I have the two center midfielders sitting in the DM positions. If you've got good players it works pretty well

Good luck in your save mate

November

Premier league

Liverpool 2:0 Aston Villa; Suarez 7, Yesil 69

Liverpool 2:1 Southampton; Borini 1, Suarez 37; Rodriguez 78

Liverpool 2:0 Wolves; Yesil 43, Stearman og 72

Liverpool 4:1 Spurs; Coates 8, El Shaarawy 20, 36, Borini 80, Hagele missed pen 77; Adebayor 15

Liverpool 2:2 Chelsea; El Shaarawy 41, Cech og 48; Lukaku 9, Agger og 68

Liverpool 2:2 Man Utd; Coates 36, Suarez 40; Valencia 61, Fletcher 71

Champions league group match

Liverpool 2:1 Dinamo; Kelly 8, Sheley 67; Frauches 90

Liverpool 2:3 Sporting lisbon; Boulahrouz og 72, Borini 81; Robinson og 6, Carrillo 49, Elias 72

Player of the month

The game says Sterling when you filter it for the last 5 games, so that's how I'll be doing it despite other players getting goals.....

The CL isn't really in my power from the loss to Sporting, which came after the Chelsea draw and before the Utd game, even with players tiring I had a strong team out there so the defeat was annoying. The last group match is against Madrid who I haven't beaten yet, so although I'm currently second now a loss here and a Sporting win over Dinamo could see me drop into the Europa league.

Like Zeke the tax fix has worked and I'm now paying £4m a month and not the £14m, even though I've already paid out £60m in taxes by the end of this month for the current season

That's pretty much my formation in my third season, but I have the two center midfielders sitting in the DM positions. If you've got good players it works pretty well

Thanks shall keep that in mind

Good luck in your save mate

Cheers Glenn

Wow game against Everton and Gerrard, Shelvey and Skrtel all got injured after I made 3 subs......:mad:

That's crazy

The new Hitman got delivered today so I'll probably load up whilst watching the City v Madrid game and then make a decision as to whether I will start again or not.

Good luck in your saves lads.

Also, SI (well a mod) have said that they've not made any changes to injuries (said in the feedback thread): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/324243-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-non-ME-Constructive-Feedback-Thread?p=8307123&viewfull=1#post8307123

The new Hitman got delivered today so I'll probably load up whilst watching the City v Madrid game and then make a decision as to whether I will start again or not.

Good luck in your saves lads.

Also, SI (well a mod) have said that they've not made any changes to injuries (said in the feedback thread): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/324243-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-non-ME-Constructive-Feedback-Thread?p=8307123&viewfull=1#post8307123

I think it's more to do with how they've altered other things in the game, someone has said they've seen their players tackle more in the game so it's most likely that

I think it's more to do with how they've altered other things in the game, someone has said they've seen their players tackle more in the game so it's most likely that

Yeah, in one of my games since the patch Enrique laid a real Roy Keane style reducer on Jem Karacan. I winced. :D

Have any of you noticed more defensive interceptions now too? Skrtel especially has suddenly become a demon at nipping in and intercepting through balls.

Fans are devastated I lost the last Champions League match after qualifying with 2 games in hand. Ridiculous. Can they not moderate fan reaction based on whether a team has qualified or not? I really hate the hysterical nature of the players' morale responses. They go from anxious to composed and back with no warning or reason.

It seems like Clear-cut Chances are now easier to score. Mostly for the opposition it seems.

Yeah, in one of my games since the patch Enrique laid a real Roy Keane style reducer on Jem Karacan. I winced. :D

Have any of you noticed more defensive interceptions now too? Skrtel especially has suddenly become a demon at nipping in and intercepting through balls.

I've noticed it a bit, there are still some major brainfarts at times but the defending has got a lot better.

December

Premier League

Liverpool 3:3 Everton; Gerrard pen 15, Borini 57, El Shaarawy 68; Bertrand 28, Barkley 65, Seymor 90

Liverpool 4:0 Stoke; Yesil 57, 66, Griezmann 70, Shawcross og 76

Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal; Falcao 17, Borini77; Chamberlain 16, Giroud 66

Liverpool 4:1 Sunderland; El Shaarawy 20, Borini 44, Isco 44, Cattermole og 50; Quinn 91

Liverpool 3:1 QPR; Yesil 44, Fierro 68, 80; Knockaert 26

Liverpool 5:0 Middlesbrough; El Shaarawy 8, Falcao 50, 58, 85, 86

Champions league group match

Well I needed to beat Real Madrid and even then it was going to be dicey if Sporting won their game, it took four tries before I finally got a result against them

liverpoolvrmadridovervi.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Liverpool 3:1 Real Madrid; Falcao pen 8, 77, Isco 54; Ronaldo 88. Even to me this result seems like one of those were people say they need to win and keep loading the save until they get it. The only reason I think I picked up the points here, besides Falcao finally finding form :rolleyes: was that Madrid for whatever reason swapped into a 4-4-2 diamond instead of the 4-3-3 they've used the last three times I've played them. For the first time I had the extra man in midfield against them and it helped a lot.

Capital one cup

Liverpool 2:0 Hull; Fierro 35, 75.

Player of the month

Without a question it was Falcao here, 7 goals this month make it look like he's turning back into the worldclass striker that he is, and not the shell he has been this season.

Halfway point thoughts

A pretty good first half to the season, 30 matches played in all competitions so far and 80 goals scored, I qualified from the CL in second position and I think for the first time since my first season I'm through to the semi-final of a domestic cup. The first few months of this season were annoying as the team was shipping goals left right and center, but I was at least outscoring the other teams. The new patch has tightened up my defense a bit.

I'm sitting second in the league two points behind City and two points ahead Arsenal. I've also decided that Carrasco has been pulled from the reserves altogether to be part of the full time since I'm selling Assaidi in January.

Goal scorers in all comps

The goals are spread out a lot better than they usually are, having a two striker formation helps and 5 good strikers with my other attackers joining in.

Falcao,

Yesil, Suraez

Borini

Fierro, El Shaarawy

Isco, Sterling

64 goals so far between these 8 players, would I be wrong to want them to double their current goal tally before the end of the season?

Archived