FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just lost out on walker with a last minute bid by man city.... any reccomendations for a right back?

Get Vraljiko. He is an top class RB/RWB ... I think the transfer fee was about 10M for him. Play Kelly as cover for him and you can easily get rid off Johnson.

You mean Downing, Cole, Henderson...??? All of the had to go in my games. I'am not going to play with that crap.

It's annoying because in Downing and Henderson's cases they'd be decent rotation options, but they'd need to be on wages of about 1/3 of their current contracts.

I really want Henderson to work in my save because he is HG, versatile and still has a bit of development in him. However he really does sum up the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none". He's not quite creative enough, or technical enough, or battling enough to fit into one of the three midfield roles I use.

It's annoying because in Downing and Henderson's cases they'd be decent rotation options, but they'd need to be on wages of about 1/3 of their current contracts.

I really want Henderson to work in my save because he is HG, versatile and still has a bit of development in him. However he really does sum up the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none". He's not quite creative enough, or technical enough, or battling enough to fit into one of the three midfield roles I use.

Even with you give Henderson time he never really develops into anything special, he always ends up as a 3 star midfielder at best for me even if he gets loads of games. Since one of my midfielders is always a deep lying play maker and the other anchor man/ball winner he's never going to develop well enough to take the role for himself. Like you said with the wages he's on as well, its annoying

wow, please, please, please don't let FM be a reliable reflection on how bad our backroom staff actually are...

I seriously doubt it considering how well our youth and reserve teams are doing now. I've always found FM's rating of coaches a bit suspect as unless they speak to players, I don't see how they could know who is a good coach and who isn't.

I seriously doubt it considering how well our youth and reserve teams are doing now. I've always found FM's rating of coaches a bit suspect as unless they speak to players, I don't see how they could know who is a good coach and who isn't.

To be honest I doubt they look too much at stuff like the backroom staff apart from clubs like Barcelona were they can just make them brilliant. Bored now because I'm waiting for this patch to load my game back up aha. Yes I know it's save compatible but I don't know how far I'll get and how much cash I'll lose before it comes out, probably at the end of the week

Just finished up my first league game, a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea at Anfield, with Torres scoring the winner in extra time. Literally feel sick, almost equivalent to an ex girlfriend ending up with a much more attractive guy than you.

Managed to sell Doni (£1M) and Jones (£500k). Struggling to sell Cole and Downing, but currently in negotiations with Fulham over a £5M fee for the latter. A few of you say he's worth keeping on to but he wouldn't fit in to my tactic, so no point considering the wage he is on. Cole needs to go.

In came with El Shaarawy and Callejon, both on loan for the season. Callejon will provide cover for Suarez in the Inside forward position and El shaarawy will rotate on the right wing with Sterling.

Backroom staff has been revamped, all stars are now either 4 or 4/5. Dislike how the board won't give me more than one GK coach though!

To be honest I doubt they look too much at stuff like the backroom staff apart from clubs like Barcelona were they can just make them brilliant. Bored now because I'm waiting for this patch to load my game back up aha. Yes I know it's save compatible but I don't know how far I'll get and how much cash I'll lose before it comes out, probably at the end of the week

Thinking I may start a new game with it just coz it'll save me loads more money and I'm not really fussed about it lol. Getting used to it haha. But hopefully in the next few days, but got the new Hitman coming anyways :D (oh and need to look for a job but who needs one of those...)

Alright lads.

Second season was a NIGHTMARE. Bought Sneider and Santon and played my 3-5-2.

1st season won the league and EURO Cup.... thought it would get better....... LOST EVERYTHING REALLY EARLY ON AND FINISHED 5TH!!! Needed to win last day of season and lost to finish 5th.

3rd season I AM FLYING........top and running riot with little youngsters like this...... what do you think - he was a regen.... the new robbie I reckon.... like his number :)

zvjbb.png

Onto his goals to game ratio at 18!!!!!

Even with you give Henderson time he never really develops into anything special, he always ends up as a 3 star midfielder at best for me even if he gets loads of games. Since one of my midfielders is always a deep lying play maker and the other anchor man/ball winner he's never going to develop well enough to take the role for himself. Like you said with the wages he's on as well, its annoying

For me I play him WB ® and he is immense. Starter for club and country.

Alright lads.

Second season was a NIGHTMARE. Bought Sneider and Santon and played my 3-5-2.

1st season won the league and EURO Cup.... thought it would get better....... LOST EVERYTHING REALLY EARLY ON AND FINISHED 5TH!!! Needed to win last day of season and lost to finish 5th.

3rd season I AM FLYING........top and running riot with little youngsters like this...... what do you think - he was a regen.... the new robbie I reckon.... like his number :)

zvjbb.png

Onto his goals to game ratio at 18!!!!!

His acceleration is amazing, but his other stats don't really look that great so far, especially for the amount of games he's played. His finishing is only 11?

His acceleration is amazing, but his other stats don't really look that great so far, especially for the amount of games he's played. His finishing is only 11?

I know it's ridiculous mate. But he bangs them in.... Was restricting him to cup and sub appearances but he was banging them in so tried him in league an ain't looked back!!!

I know it's ridiculous mate. But he bangs them in.... Was restricting him to cup and sub appearances but he was banging them in so tried him in league an ain't looked back!!!

Can only assume the rest of his stats will shoot up in his early 20s, 26 goals in all comps in 29 matches is insane for someone with how he looks right now, I dont even have Borini on that this season

Get Vraljiko. He is an top class RB/RWB ... I think the transfer fee was about 10M for him. Play Kelly as cover for him and you can easily get rid off Johnson.

I cant find this lad... even with most leagues loaded. What team does he play for?

Well I did try and get shot of him, but gotta say that Downing is more than doing a job for me out on left wing. I initially grumbled and left him in the reserves when I couldn't get shot of him at the start of the season. I might yet get shot of him at the end of the season to try and cash in and reduce the wage bill as both Borini and Suarez are also strong in addition to Raheem. Assaidi is blowing hot and cold for me but just when I start to lose patience with the lad he crops up with an important goal.

Finally got shot of Cole in the January transfer window but at the expense of having to pay £46k a week in wages, I still consider that a bit of a bargain just so I dont have to look at him rotting in the reserves anymore.

No Marquee signings, but I scoured the kids thread for an AMC and Striker and picked up Eikrem as an AMC and Cornelius as a striker in the January window. Eikrem hasnt exactly set the world on fire yet, but Cornelius is more than doing the business. Cost me £2.3 million and has 6 goals in nine appearances so far making it far easier to put suarez and borini out wide and reducing the reliance on the rather underwhelming Pacheco.

For my initial foray into FM13 I can't complain. 9 points clear in the PL with 2 games in hand and 12 games of the season remaining so I think I'll carry on until theres a patch that isn't save game compatible.

I'm struggling. How have you guys done so well in your first season?

Personally there's always a few things I when start a new game:

Throw emotion out of the window. (see Downing, he gets results for me so I put him on the pitch).

Pick a tactic that suits the players at your disposal even if it's not the one you eventually want to use. Buy the players, if necessary, to fit your preferred tactic when you actually have some cash to spare. You start with a reasonable first team but not much depth and a transfer pot that will just about get you a bag of crisps.

Dont make lots of changes to your tactic. I rarely deviate from my main tactic, it's the players in the positions that make the difference as far as I'm concerned. So i'll play 2-3 games see how they get on and tweak one or two settings and leave it another couple of games and see what effect it has, even something as simple as just changing a player role from CM to DLP. It takes time for tactics to "bed in" and lots of changes while that's happening makes it very difficult both for you to gauge the effect of those changes and for the team to adapt to them.

Nellie, what role have you been using Cornelius in? In my save I can see the potential but he's not quite 'clicking'.

I have him as a poacher supported by two wingers and an AMC.

Wolff, is starting to click in the AMC role and I love him for more than just his name.

Its annoying waiting as well because I can't get into the game with another team that doesn't have the tax bug this time around. On last years one I had about 3-4 different saves
Im hoping this will be my long term save & depending who we sign in January i may start again when the final patch is out my goal is to make Sterling win a stack of trophies like Giggs has & to win as many titles as i can

a couple of questions:

1) i've just finished my 1st season, now just in the limbo period when players are away on hols, should i leave it now until the tax fix is sorted or am i too late?...... finished 9th by the way, lost soooooooooo many points with them scoring in 90+3 etc so frustrating! Borini has been my star man, goal machine!

2) do you guys go to sleep thinking of transfers and tactics and end up dreaming about it? i was playing just before bed last night and couldnt get FM out of my head!?

.......... time for a dirty Leeds save i think until the tax fix is done.

Im hoping this will be my long term save & depending who we sign in January i may start again when the final patch is out my goal is to make Sterling win a stack of trophies like Giggs has & to win as many titles as i can

He's insane, I stuck Sterling on finishing training until it was around 13 and then threw him on winger training and set it to heavy and he goes on goal scoring runs even though a few of his stats are really low, he's 3 stars now and still 5 potential with a Europa cup, league title and charity shield to his name at 19 :D

@mellow yellow it's better to wait for the patch. You can end season 1 but it kicks in during the second season

Archived