FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

March

Premier league

Liverpool 3:0 Wolves; Sterling 9, Isco 42, Falcao 55

Liverpool 3:0 Southampton; Griezmann 44, Hagele 50, Sterling 65

Champions league first knock out round 2nd leg

Liverpool 2:1 Bayern; Borini 1, 69; Bony 70. (Bayern go through on away goals)

FA cup

Liverpool 1:0 Cardiff; Hagele 73

Liverpool 2:0 Wigan; Fierro 4, 43

Player of the month

Hagele (including reserve games) Fierro (not including reserve games)

Weird, Glen Johnson joined Chelsea last season and has played 1 game in that time :lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the best of starts but it could have been worse. Manchester CIty was tough opponent and we did not stand an chance againts them.

I'am currently 1st with 16 points but City is just 1 point behind with two games in hand. It will be very tough to beat them.

fixturesu.th.jpg

Transfers out: worth £89m

Suarez £30m to Chelsea

Agger £12m to Newcastle

Reina £22.5m to Arsenal

Enrique £9m to Spurs

Johnson £13.5m to Man City

Doni £1.5m to Man City

other players on loan etc

Christ, that's brave. Good luck to you, mate.

It's funny, seeing people talk about City being incredibly tough to beat. I very rarely have trouble with them to be honest. Spurs and Arsenal give me the most trouble, and the results tend to be 50-50 when I play Chelsea and Arsenal.

April

Premier League

Liverpool 5:3 Spurs; Allen 21, Suarez 39, Falcao 60, Smalling og 75, Yesil 79; Sosa 2, Gylfi 44, 66

Liverpool 2:0 Man Utd; Vidic og 36, El Shaarawy 63

Liverpool 0:0 Chelsea

Liverpool 0:1 Everton; Barkley 54

FA cup semi final

Liverpool 6:1 Sunderland; Colback og 1, Fierro 6, 53, 62, Suarez 19, 54; Colback 53

Player of the month

Skrtel

Three league games to go and I'm seven points behind City, luckily I'm nine points ahead of Utd who are 4th, so it's a battle for second place between me and Arsenal. Not retaining the league won't sting too much if I can finish second and pick up the FA cup to go along with the Charity Shield and Capital One Cup I've won this season

Every time I start a new game with Liverpool I have no pre season matches arranged.

Is this the way it is now. Just seems a pain as most teams are already set up and have a pre season planned.

Seems a bit strange, anyone else seen this?

Christ, that's brave. Good luck to you, mate.

Cheers mate. Gonna need it. How's your save going?

Every time I start a new game with Liverpool I have no pre season matches arranged.

Is this the way it is now. Just seems a pain as most teams are already set up and have a pre season planned.

Seems a bit strange, anyone else seen this?

Think that's happened to me once before on a previous version either fm10 or fm11. Just got to arrange them yourself I guess. We only start with three anyway but I arranged another one as I had to cancel one coz it was in between the 3rd round Europa qualifier.

Off topic: why is Cole playing tonight :eek::thdn: why he even starts is beyond me. We need the win. Think Shelvey would be playing as a false 9? He did get two against them coming off the bench last time...

End of season three

Another season gone and probably a more annoying one for me too, the league went to Man City and I finished in third, behind Arsenal on goal difference. My 3-5-2 formation didn't work as well as I wanted it to, but it was going well until I shipped 10 goals in two matches between Arsenal and City, annoyingly enough the two teams that finished above me. On the other hand I did win three trophies this season; the Charity Shield, Capital One Cup and the FA Cup beating Arsenal 4:1 in the final.

The team's inability to keep the Premier league title will now mean that the formation will once again be changed, I swapped to a 2 striker formation because of the amount I had, and with Johnson as well as Enrique having left it made sense to move away from a formation using fullbacks. I stand by that notion because I'm not sure how much money would be needed to buy two leftbacks and two rightbacks for next season, as well as the other areas of the squad that will need to be changed.

Reina has already agreed to leave the club, although I said not to a rival team and for £15m the DoF somehow sold him to Chelsea for £5m :eek::mad: and I'm looking to move Suarez on. I'm looking to rebuild significantly during the summer for my 4th season.

Inclusions in team of the year

Sterling won a starting 11 place in the team of the year on the right wing.

Goal scorers

Despite everything Liverpool scored 147 goals in 60 matches, which is 2.5 a game or so the game says

Falcao

Suarez, Fierro

Yesil, Borini

El Shaarawy, Sterling

Isco

There's also 17 players who scored between 1-3 goals this season

Next update will be new formations, transfers and pre-season

Well done winning a treble

My season so far has been up and down just getting my tactics right, as i only brought one player in which was on loan and sold Downing and Doni the board have upped my transfer budget by £14M to £23M so may spend some in Jan, (now in nov)

Thanks, I've dont badly in the domestic cups for each season now so to win them was good, Fierro was the top goal scorer in the capital one cup and second top in the fa cup so that was a plus. This summer is gonna be interesting though, probably going to spend a bit of money trying to rebuild the time for the first time properly.

Reina is gone, Suarez is going, Gerrard doesn't really get a game, I need a new left winger to help out Griezmann, and a young good striker to replace Suarez since his finishing dropped to 13 this year.

That's before I settle on a new series of formations too

Out of interest, do you guys play mind games with other managers by commenting etc and comment when they say something about you or the team?

I never used to, but I've gotten quite into it this year.

Every time I play an under-performing or struggling team and I throw out a cheeky dig about it. Feels good, and I obliterated Wigan when I did it, so it can't have hurt.

Gonna wait until my second season, and then I'll pick a massive row with Ferguson. Try and really rattle him.

Haha, cool.

So annoyed. Was winning 1-0 against Utd away and then down to 10 after an injury to Nem after all three subs were made and then two late goals from them...such ****ing ******** and so undeserved as well. Like how can that still be happening after I changed to time wasting and defensive tactics...seriously what the ****. Such ****ing ********. Makes me so ****ing mad.

Out of interest, do you guys play mind games with other managers by commenting etc and comment when they say something about you or the team?

Am playing FMC mode so dont really have to deal with that

Haha, cool.

So annoyed. Was winning 1-0 against Utd away and then down to 10 after an injury to Nem after all three subs were made and then two late goals from them...such ****ing ******** and so undeserved as well. Like how can that still be happening after I changed to time wasting and defensive tactics...seriously what the ****. Such ****ing ********. Makes me so ****ing mad.

Hate it when something like that happens

At beginning of January 2017 we up and cruising. The idea was to get the title back and there seems to be nothing stopping us doing so.

We are 8 points ahead of Manchester City as you can see from the pictures below and we haven't lost an league game since that defeat to Manchester City!

Awesome stuff from youthful squad.

We are through from CL stages and are facing Barcelona in the 1st knockout round. Not having high hopes for that encounter though.

Beginning of the january transfer window we might be looking for a bit more experieced striker since these guys are young. If we do than I would like to have an creative type of an player.

There are still 50M on the transfer funds so buying wohn't be an problem.

I got also bored with those 4-5-1 systems and created 4-4-2 one.. haven't lost a game yet with that and kind of like to play with 2 strikers for an change.

The main focus will remain clinching the premier league title back. If we win something else well that is an bonus.

premierk.th.jpg

fixtures2i.th.jpg

No mind games at all for me. Well maybe once or twice per season.

I have come to conclusion that you can lose more than win so opted just no comment way out.

Ah right I see. How is that?

Ah good luck mate.

Just hate doing team talks and thta plus its a lot faster the match engine and everything is the same

Formation

I'm of the insane idea that I was unable to win the league playing with two strikers up top, so I've decided to go for three strikers up top with two 3-4-3 formations. This is my main one

liverpooltacticsovervie.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this is the one against weaker teams

liverpooltacticsovervie.png

Yes I am crazy

Was thinking of doing a 3-4-3 myself but am trying to sort my 3-5-2 at the moment

Good luck with that 3-4-3 system.. whether it will be stable enough. You will know soon enough.

Btw.. Shinji Kagawa!!! Oh no no no and 1000 x no!

I'am loving the 4-4-2 setup I got ongoing.. absolutely effective football!

Just turned took away my DoF being able to hand out contracts to my first team since he decided to give Falcao a £175k a week contract even though there was three years left on his current one. Annoying as **** since I don't like players being on £120k+ especially when they're going to be 30 by the time the season is over :mad:

Just turned took away my DoF being able to hand out contracts to my first team since he decided to give Falcao a £175k a week contract even though there was three years left on his current one. Annoying as **** since I don't like players being on £120k+ especially when they're going to be 30 by the time the season is over :mad:

Yeah I've kept control over most things! Don't want anything like that coz I think it's gonna be like that coz if players are in good form they'll give them another contract etc.

Also, ur tactics are crazy lol - hope they work out for you!

Yeah don't really do the mind games myself, but just wondering as it come in the staff meetings bit often.

Tranfers

My transfers are done since I couldn't find the players I wanted for the money/wages I wanted. Even when rich I don't like shelling out loads of cash on players

Out

Reina - Chelsea £5.5m. Despite me originally offering him around for around £12-£15m and stating don't sale to a rival the DoF somehow sold him to Chelsea for this price :mad: his **** ups continue

Suarez - Real Madrid £20m. Age, goal scoring form and young strikers coming through meant he was sold.

Suso - Derby season long loan. He just isn't improving and will probably be sold next summer

Cooper - Cardiff season long loan. I forgot he was listed as available for loan, but my DoF quickly reminded me of that.....

Joe Allen - Reading £15m. Despite having good passing stats he's now plummeted to a 2 star midfielder, so bye bye

In

Shinji Kagawa - Real Madrid £11.5m. Will Allen gone and Cooper put out on loan, I figured why the hell not and he was offered to me for a lot cheaper than I thought he'd be.

Hugo Lloris - Spurs £14m. I originally wanted Ter stegen to replace Reina but he was asking for £185k a week, considering he's only £65k at Gladbach I said no ****ing way.

Bruninho - Internacional 750k. Brazilian regen striker who I'll be posting a screenshot of

Cardoso - Corinthians £2.1m. Brazilian regen keeper

Edmilison - Fluimense 750k Brazilian regen winger

Francisco - Santos 656k. Another Brazilian regen striker.

All four of the regens were bought for their minimum release clauses, gotta love Brazilian clubs having them so low, all four of them will be joining next summer

bruninhooverviewprofile.png

rgiscardosooverviewprof.png

edmlsonoverviewprofile.png

Yeah I've kept control over most things! Don't want anything like that coz I think it's gonna be like that coz if players are in good form they'll give them another contract etc.

Also, ur tactics are crazy lol - hope they work out for you!

Yeah don't really do the mind games myself, but just wondering as it come in the staff meetings bit often.

I know man, I checked his stats and they aren't even that good for spotting talent either so he always offers a ******** for crap players, which I've now taken the power away from him. The board won't let me terminate his contract either because paying out the £1.5m is too much apparently :rolleyes:

Aha they are crazy but this is football manager, the crazy ass tactics are usually the ones that work out the best

Some great regens there! Ah I see, who is ur DOF? Mine is Paulo Futre, he's been okay, I normally handle the players coming in/out side unless its loans for the younger players coz that's what he sorts out, either him or my Head of Youth Dev. does.

hahaha wouldn't be surprised!

I know, I just went on the player search, tabbed the star rating and was looking through, saw some Brazilians popping up and thought why not? Bruninho looks awesome so here's hoping.

It's Giovanni Lopez, got another two years before I can get rid of him. Just brought in Wolfgang Dremmler as my Head of Youth Dev

I was in a similar position but was offering about 100k... He ended up going to chelsea for 70k a week and is now dominating the league....................... Kinda annoying

Anyway update on my season. About 2/3 of the way through the second season and I am sitting in fourth.

I am not consistent enough to get to the top as I keep drawing away from home when they score ridiculous goals on the counter attack that I can pretty much do nothing about aside from sitting deep and not committing numbers forward. Just beat shalke 0-4 in first leg of CL last 16 so i am pretty happy with that... Coates is a beast for me, he is averaging about 7.5 which is pretty hot for a defender. Have signed an amazing regen keeper from mexico who will be my keeper for years. At the moment he is getting the occasional sub appearance etc so i will keep reiner for another season and then maybe push this lad through to my number one spot!

A defensive injury crisis forced me to play McLaughlin. He made his debut in the derby against Everton. And got himself sent off. A new cult figure I think.

Have drawn Napoli in the first knockout stage of the EL :/ Porto or Shaktar await if I manage to get through. Double :/

Holy balls of flaming *****.

Just beat United 3-1 at OT, and Chelsea 3-0 within three days of each other. Season 1 title challenge is now officially ON. Two points ahead of United at the top now, so it's all on me.

I started that blazing row with Fergie, by the way, just before we went to their place. Destroyed them. Mind games rule.

I thought he might end up that way. He's already endeared himself to me on my save after scoring two worldies within about of a week of eachother. One was a Suarez/Alonso-esque chip from 30 yards. Just struggling to put him in the side at the moment now I'm in the latter stages of the Europa and FA cup, and have a good chance of winning the league.

A season 1 treble would really blow my mind.

EDIT: Never mind. Knocked out of the FA by Bristol bloody City :mad:

Season 2 transfers

in: Herrera (17m), Alaba (20m), Llorente (Free), Danilo (17m), Papadopoulos (10m)

out: Agger (15m), Kelly (14m), Wilson+Spearing (7m), Downing (3m), Enrique (14m)

Can't sell Henderson, Carroll and Cole and can't buy Gotze/Muniain/Hamsik/Thiago, would be sweet.

Season 2 transfers

in: Herrera (17m), Alaba (20m), Llorente (Free), Danilo (17m), Papadopoulos (10m)

out: Agger (15m), Kelly (14m), Wilson+Spearing (7m), Downing (3m), Enrique (14m)

Can't sell Henderson, Carroll and Cole and can't buy Gotze/Muniain/Hamsik/Thiago, would be sweet.

Some nice transfers there, Llorente on a free :D

How's Yesil developing for you, cyborgscouse? Seems to be doing very well in your updates.

Nice result against City, too.

He's developing well so far, I don't think he's really got the creativity to develop into a great deep lying forward, but he's going to be an amazing finisher if he keeps this up. At the end of the season I'll be posting screenshots of the talented youngsters in my team since it'll be 2016.

As for City I know aha, when they took the lead I was thinking ffs the new formation is **** against big teams, but after slating them at halftime they improved

Archived