FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Won the CL in the second season! Beat PSG, Barca, Juventus and Real in the knockout stages, amazing. Also won the league twice, the game became easier after the patch.

Nice! Not necessary easier but definately more tactics will work out fine. Initially you had to play match engine flaws now you don't have to focus on that.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice! Not necessary easier but definately more tactics will work out fine. Initially you had to play match engine flaws now you don't have to focus on that.

Before the patch too many small teams were capable of destroying you, it might happen once or twice but not everytime they play against a top team

Can't seem to win my away matches anymore lost my last 5, although am winning at home
try going defensive away I was struggling I tweaked mine based on a post above now I'm doing ok so far good luck hope you win away soon

Has anyone thought of having Sterling focus on finishing training for awhile and playing him as a poacher? I know you could buy better young ones, but if you got it to say 15, with his speed could be pretty lethal

I was thinking about this when contemplating a formation without wingers. I wussed out in the end though.

I was thinking about this when contemplating a formation without wingers. I wussed out in the end though.

If I start again either out of boredom when it's not a challenge, or most likely after the new years update I might try a 4-6-0 again and see how it works out with him and Suarez in the AMC positions

Update Lads: Just finished my 1st season again, won the double (League + FA Cup). Won the league with only 75pts, everyone taking points off each other, it was a lucky win.

Main Players for the season: Suarez - 35 goals, 14 assists. Assaidi - 10 goals, Borini - 20 goals, Ba - 8 goals. Jovetic - 12 goals.

Signings made in the summer for Season 2 - Neymar (£35m), Alaba (£20m), Micah Richards (£6m).

Was going to sign Ter Stegen and sell Reina but Stegen got an injury and out for 5 months so keeping Reina till January. One thing guys - Loan Montoya from Barca... loaned him for first season and got another season long loan - he has been awesome for me!

Main Team into the second season:

GK: Reina/Gordon

RB: Richards/Kelly

CB: Agger/Coates

CB: Srtkel/Carragher/Kelly

LB: Alaba/Montoya

DM/CM: Lucas Leiva/Allen

Left Inside Forward: Jovotic/Nem

Right Inside Forward: Neymar/Assaidi/Sterling

AM: Isco/Gerrard

DLP: Suarez

Poacher: Borini/Adamilson

The attacking positions are all interchangable whenever there are injuries/bans so it works out beautifully! What do people think about this? Looking for a Strong CB in January and hopefully Ter Stegen too.

January

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Huddersfield; Dixon og 59, Falcao 61, Fierro 93; Dixon 19

Liverpool 0:1 Swansea; Vossen 29

Liverpool 4:2 Spurs; Yesil 9, 62, Skrtel 65, Fierro 75; Bale 16, 83. (Falcao picked up a two month injury here)

Liverpool 4:2 Chelsea; El Shaarawy 16, Fierro 35, 48, Hagele 52; Torres 9, 79

FA cup

Liverpool 1:1 Nottingham Forrest; Isco 50, Cranie 74

Liverpool 3:3 Nottingham Forrest; Hagele 9, Sterling 18, Bruninho 100; McManaman 72, Walters 75, Cotterill 104. (Liverpool lost on pens)

Capital one cup semi final

Liverpool 3:1 Chelsea; Falcao 4, 79, Hagele 82, Agbonlahor 35

Liverpool 0:3 Chelsea; Lukaku 9, Ben Arfa 28, Lucas og 77. (I was serving a touchline ban :()

Well.. I have been playing with 4-5-1 system.. past two season has been with 4-4-2 system.. well now it is time to play with 5-3-2 system.

Kind of the good old German way when they Franz Beckenbauer as an libero and Lothar Matthaus was in his prime. Definately want to use libero since never actually done ... well not for many versions at least.

THis means that need to overhail the team a bit to fit into this... pure wingers are good as gone.

There were mostly brown envelopes given on the exit sign at Anfield. Only bought one Brazilian 19y old WBL... nothing else. I have hefty 160M transfer fund sitting the bank just in case....

In: Andre (Fluminense 20M)

Out: Osvaldo Torres (Monaco 12M), Jordan Ibe (Sevilla 4,9M), Matthieu Chevalier (Stoke 4,8M), Ryan McLaughling (Arsenal 1,8M), Jack Robinson (QPR 4,3M) and Carlos Fierro (Southampton 20,5M).

Just started up a game as Liverpool manager

A lot of wheeling and dealing has been done

The following have left the club:

Downing-Fulham-£20m

Reina-Arsenal-£22.5m

Suarez-Chelsea-£30m

Jose Enrique-Spurs-£8.75m

Agger-Newcastle-£13.75m

The following have arrived:

Victor Wanyama-Celtic-£9.5m (Backup to the central defence)

Steve Mandanda-OM-£12.5m-Replaces Reina as first choice goalkeeper

Neil Taylor-Swansea-£11.25m-Replaces Enrique as first choice left back

Andre Ayew-OM-£20m-Takes up the position as left winger

Mario Götze-£31m-Dortmund-Takes up the position as right winger

Kevin Strootman-PSV-£20m-Takes over in central midfield until Lucas gets back to full fitness, then brilliant backup

Ryan Shawcross-£18.75m-Takes over for Agger in the central defence

Edison Cavani-Napoli-£34.5m-Takes over from Suarez as front man

Hopefully the team will gel really quickly

Time to call it a day, so the staff will have to wait for tomorrow

Excellent post Althaz. My 451/41221/433 is almost exactly the same as yours with the exception of Gerrards role (yours makes more sense so I might change mine). I'd be interested to know if you made any tweaks to Suarez's settings as I can't seem to get him working.

My hunt for a DMC continues. I've been looking at two 19 year olds, Jadson or Hoffman from Duisburg, but it looks like I'll have to pay upwards of £5 million for them and I don't know if that's worthwhile when I could wait until summer and get a proven player.

Suarez is tricky, but potentially great. His best for for me came when I switched Gerrard from CM Attack to AP Attack, it means more balls that put Suarez 1-on-1 with a defender (or straight through, but pretty much the same with Suarez) whilst also meaning he'll have more space to pull the defence apart for your AMR/L IFs. He seems hugely dependent on confidence though, so it's important to get his team-talks spot-on. I don't think I made any changes to his slider settings, but I might have a look when I get home.

Hey Guys,

Season 1 December 1 2013 Update

Transfers

Liverpool_TransfersHistory.png

Managed to get both Cole & Carra off my wage books released for 1.8m & 1.1m

Didnt want to sell Johnson but couldnt turn down 19.5m for him

Reina isnt the keeper he was so 22.5m was good money for him too

Liverpool_SquadPlayers.png

Zaha has been machine for me only cost 7.5m and is 2nd top scorer behind Suarez

Liverpool_FixturesSchedule.png

Apart from heavy losses to City 0-4 and Chelsea 1-3 have only lost 0-1 to Spurs & QPR

Sitting nicely in 7th with 2 games in hand, West Brom leading the way.

My young kids have been playing Euro and are through to knockout stage with game in hand

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile.png

Current top team

Liverpool_TacticsOverview-2.png

Zaha & Sterling are in and out with Nem or putting Stevie to MC.

Got 10m left to spend in Jan like to buy young as you can see :-)

February

Premier league

Liverpool 2:0 Wolves; Yesil 9, Fierro 17

Liverpool 3:2 Reading; Fierro 3, 45, El Shaarawy 30; McClean 61, Blake 79

Liverpool 2:0 Man Utd; Yesil 14, Fierro 41

Liverpool 4:1 Man City; Alaba og 5, Fierro 17, Yesil 38, Griezmann 84; Tevez 47 ( the win gives me a 7 point lead over them now)

CL first knock out round 1st leg

Liverpool 4:1 Basel; Fierro 23, 40, 67, Griezmann 52; Streller 55

Things were going quite well with Falcao out and a new formation being used, then Fierro picked up a hamstring injury in the match against City and will now be out for pretty much the rest of the season.

March

Premier League

Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle; Hagele 16, Yesil 49; Ince 71

Liverpool 4:2 Aston Villa; Agger 10, Hagele 25, Yesil 39, Sterling 80; Lulic 27, Williams 93

Liverpool 2:0 Southampton; Bruninho 59, Yesil 92

Liverpool 2:0 Stoke; Falcao 28, Skrtel 49. Falcao scored on his first match back, that amazing *******

Champions League

Liverpool 4:2 Basel; Hagele 34, 46, Coates 68, Robinson 91; Micola 14, 81 (Liverpool 8:3 Basel agg)

Youth Intake

I haven't had any good or even decent players come through since Cooper who has spent the past two seasons out on loan to develop, so colour me shocked when I got 3 four and a half star teenagers coming through.

laurencerichmondovervie.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

masonhuckeroverviewprof.png

craigelwelloverviewprof.png

They don't have the stand out stats that Cooper did, or of some of the regens that you can buy from abroad but I'll take an interest in a new poacher, trequartista and center back, especially since they're either from Bootle or Liverpool. With them only being 15 right now I'm not too worried but they're all on positioning training and available for the reserves, hopefully around 17-18 we'll see something more

I did scratch that sweeper .. 3-2-2-1-3 system. Simply because did not have the proper players for it.

Instead went back my own 4-5-1 system and tweaked it a bit. I have been absolutely dominating and destroying the opponents with it. Possession aroun 70% and goals have been coming...

H Hull 5-2 (Götze, Yesil 2, Thiaguinho and Deisler)

H Chelsea 3-1 (Sterling, Yesil and Coates)

H Basel 3-0 (Suso, Deisler and Coates)

H Hull 7-0 (Sterling 4, Zouma and Yesil)

...promising start and might as well tweak this tactic a bit as I go along. The bad thing is that Sterling went out for 2 monhts!!! Damn it... he was loving his role in this one!

Lads is there a massive difference in finances when you restart with the tax issue fixed?

If you have good save ongoing I wouldn't worry about. You have plenty of cash if you play sensible way. I have +130M in transfer funds currently!

I did scratch that sweeper .. 3-2-2-1-3 system. Simply because did not have the proper players for it.

Instead went back my own 4-5-1 system and tweaked it a bit. I have been absolutely dominating and destroying the opponents with it. Possession aroun 70% and goals have been coming...

H Hull 5-2 (Götze, Yesil 2, Thiaguinho and Deisler)

H Chelsea 3-1 (Sterling, Yesil and Coates)

H Basel 3-0 (Suso, Deisler and Coates)

H Hull 7-0 (Sterling 4, Zouma and Yesil)

...promising start and might as well tweak this tactic a bit as I go along. The bad thing is that Sterling went out for 2 monhts!!! Damn it... he was loving his role in this one!

What role have you given Sterling?

Coming up to the middle of April and I've been destroyed by injuries, Falcao is injured again and Fierro still isn't back, both Coates and Agger are out injured, Kagawa and Isco are taking turns on the injury table. Edmilson is injured all the time, and has been since I paid the money to get him from Brazil, he's had 6 injuries at the age of 18 and three of them have been bad ones, not too sure if he'll make it if this keeps up since he's only played 3 games for me and picked up injuries in two of them. While the rest of my team are struggling to play two games close together. My fault for selling the older ones and having such a young squad.

One a plus I'm still top of the league and having a 3:0 lead over Man City in the semis of the CL

I'm struggled to fill the bench for the second leg, with one of the regens of the youth intake this year needed just to fill up the numbers, even though they'll never get on the pitch :mad:

I'am kind of having the same kind of an season. Too many key injuries... Deisler, Götze, Sterling, Vrsaljiko to name a few.. forced to bring U18 players into action which they are not ready.

Leading the league but it is going to tough if this continues!

Yeah. I think this crisis has a lot to do with the fact that don't have big enough squad... meaning poor rotation system. Partly due to the fact that changed the tactic after transfer windows was closed.

April

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Arsenal; M'Vila 27

Liverpool 3:1 Fulhma; Falcao pen 2, Sterling 62, Hagele 80; Chamakh 44

Liverpool 3:4 West Brom; Sterling 11, Falcao pen 35, 88; Cathcart 8, Long 26, Phillips 27, 82

Liverpool 3:2 Everton; Isco pen 43, pen 51, Yesil 48; Jelavic 90, 93

Liverpool 3:0 Sunderland; Bruninho 66, 87, Hagele 78

Champions league

Quarter final second leg

Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal; Yesil 12, Griezmann 29, Falcao 32; Schurrle 91 (Liverpool 7:3 Arsenal agg)

Semi final first leg

Liverpool 3:0 Man City; Skrtel 52, Falcao 63, Kompany og 91

Semi final second leg

Liverpool 1:4 Man City; Kagawa 72; Costa 56, Silva 64, Toure 70, Balotelli 81 (Liverpool 4:4 Man City agg, Liverpool go through on away goal rules)

Woooo I won my second league title with Liverpool with the 3:0 victory over Sunderland, even though I only needed one point so go me. On my third try of asking I've got to the final of the Champions league were I'll play Man Utd, but I'm not too worried because in the seven games we've played I've won 5 and drew 2

Just lost 3-2 to Arsenal. I was up 2-0 with 65 minutes to go and absolutely dominating them. Then Reina fumbles a misplaced cross from Wilshire into the path of Giroud and it all went downhill from there. :mad:

Confidence plays a huge part in this game, I've noticed one mistake and your team can be destroyed in that match quite easily.

Just lost 3-2 to Arsenal. I was up 2-0 with 65 minutes to go and absolutely dominating them. Then Reina fumbles a misplaced cross from Wilshire into the path of Giroud and it all went downhill from there. :mad:

I got rid of Reina at the start of the game as he is too error prone and bought Ter Stegen

April

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Arsenal; M'Vila 27

Liverpool 3:1 Fulhma; Falcao pen 2, Sterling 62, Hagele 80; Chamakh 44

Liverpool 3:4 West Brom; Sterling 11, Falcao pen 35, 88; Cathcart 8, Long 26, Phillips 27, 82

Liverpool 3:2 Everton; Isco pen 43, pen 51, Yesil 48; Jelavic 90, 93

Liverpool 3:0 Sunderland; Bruninho 66, 87, Hagele 78

Champions league

Quarter final second leg

Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal; Yesil 12, Griezmann 29, Falcao 32; Schurrle 91 (Liverpool 7:3 Arsenal agg)

Semi final first leg

Liverpool 3:0 Man City; Skrtel 52, Falcao 63, Kompany og 91

Semi final second leg

Liverpool 1:4 Man City; Kagawa 72; Costa 56, Silva 64, Toure 70, Balotelli 81 (Liverpool 4:4 Man City agg, Liverpool go through on away goal rules)

Woooo I won my second league title with Liverpool with the 3:0 victory over Sunderland, even though I only needed one point so go me. On my third try of asking I've got to the final of the Champions league were I'll play Man Utd, but I'm not too worried because in the seven games we've played I've won 5 and drew 2

Congrats good luck against the mancs

2016 season review

Premier League: Winners

Champions League : Winners on penalties

FA Cup: Third round

Capital One Cup: Semi Final

Charity Shield: Winners

144 goals scored in 59 matches and 67 conceded. I finally managed to win the double everyone wants even though the board only wanted me to get to the quarter finals of the CL. The 3-4-3 formation worked out a lot better than I thought it would to begin with and when I had to swap to a 4-2-4 due to injuries I went on a 12/13 match unbeaten streak until the West Brom game in April. The one thing that does worry me about this formation is that the goals weren't really shared around a lot, Yesil was my top scorer with 27 in all comps, Fierro with 26, Falcao with 23, after that it was Hagele with 11 and then Griezmann with 8.

Whilst having dominant strikers is great I need double figures from the rest of my team, and while I don't like changing winning formations I might have to to get the best out of the team as a whole, not just my strikers who apart from Falcao are all under 22.

Now that the season is over I need to get ready to rebuild my team, the last time I won the league I didn't rebuild properly and finished 3rd the following season, so it's going to be important to do it right this time.

I forgot, Everton finished 19th :lol:

Young players that are the future

I promised to show how some of these players are developing after awhile so

Yesil

samedyesiloverviewprofi.png

Sterling, bare in mind that some of his stats aren't all that great, yet he's now a 4 star player who still has 5 star potential

raheemsterlingoverviewp.png

Fierro

carlosfierrooverviewpro.png

2016 season review

Premier League: Winners

Champions League : Winners on penalties

FA Cup: Third round

Capital One Cup: Semi Final

Charity Shield: Winners

144 goals scored in 59 matches and 67 conceded. I finally managed to win the double everyone wants even though the board only wanted me to get to the quarter finals of the CL. The 3-4-3 formation worked out a lot better than I thought it would to begin with and when I had to swap to a 4-2-4 due to injuries I went on a 12/13 match unbeaten streak until the West Brom game in April. The one thing that does worry me about this formation is that the goals weren't really shared around a lot, Yesil was my top scorer with 27 in all comps, Fierro with 26, Falcao with 23, after that it was Hagele with 11 and then Griezmann with 8.

Whilst having dominant strikers is great I need double figures from the rest of my team, and while I don't like changing winning formations I might have to to get the best out of the team as a whole, not just my strikers who apart from Falcao are all under 22.

Now that the season is over I need to get ready to rebuild my team, the last time I won the league I didn't rebuild properly and finished 3rd the following season, so it's going to be important to do it right this time.

I forgot, Everton finished 19th :lol:

Young players that are the future

I promised to show how some of these players are developing after awhile so

Yesil

samedyesiloverviewprofi.png

Sterling, bare in mind that some of his stats aren't all that great, yet he's now a 4 star player who still has 5 star potential

raheemsterlingoverviewp.png

Fierro

carlosfierrooverviewpro.png

Sterling looks immense

@ReggaeBwoy haha, I've focused mostly on the winger positional training and occasionally finishing, his technical stats aren't as good as I'd hoped for but it's not worth having him focus on just one thing for 6 months and the decline of the others. At 21 he's played 114 games for me.

Regarding formations, I'm going to be trying out the asymmetrical 4-2-3-1, and I'm also going to try out a normal 4-4-2 as well. The asymmetrical is because I've never seen it actually work in this game, with one dm, one cm, one wide midfielder/winger and one inside forward. As for the 4-4-2 I've never got it to work myself, and I think these might be the best two formations for me permanently from now on.

ended up winning the league in the second season!!! Went on a massive winning streak towards the end and made up a 10 point gap it was amazing lol. Lost in CL semi finals but won FA cup which was good although I had a very easy draw the whole way through.

Currently I am in the third pre-season and I just sold enrique for 15m so I am looking for a replacement. In hindsight, it was probably a mistake as I can't get anyone as good for less money so im trying to find the next big thing with not much sucess.... considering moving for newcastles anita as he seems decent but will cost around the same amount as enrique was sold for. Don't really need anymore players except maybe a centre back but ill get a youngster for 4th choice I reckon and will get rid of Wilson as he isn't developing as much as I would have hoped for.

I've read a lot of the threads in here and people seem to have spent a lot of cash changing their sides immediately which I seemed unable to do. Has the 48 months deals come back to bite any of you in the back side financially?

Also, has anyone got any screenshots of Kelly, Robinson, Shelvey, Flanagan, Morgan, McLaughlin, Ibe, Suso or Coates a few years into the game?

I've read a lot of the threads in here and people seem to have spent a lot of cash changing their sides immediately which I seemed unable to do. Has the 48 months deals come back to bite any of you in the back side financially?

Also, has anyone got any screenshots of Kelly, Robinson, Shelvey, Flanagan, Morgan, McLaughlin, Ibe, Suso or Coates a few years into the game?

I only sell Doni, Downing & Cole in season 1 I don't like going overboard myself

Archived