• Created
  • Last Reply

April

Premier league

Liverpool 4:1 Swansea; Yesil 7, 48, 63, Coates 45; McCarthy 1

Liverool 2:0 Wolves; Bruninho 27, Isco pen 65

Liverpool 2:1 Spurs; Yesil 49, 60; Balotelli 45

Liverpool 2:0 West Brom; Rodriguez 29, 91

Liverpool 4:2 Chelsea; Draxler 6, Fierro 32, 57, Yesil 45; Ben Arfa 5, Torres 73

Liverpool 4:1 Ipswich; Yesil 5, 9, 38, Elwell 88; Brown 55

Champions league

Quarter final 2nd leg

Liverpool 3:0 Chelsea; Fierro 25, 90, Hucker 71 (Liverpool win 5:2 on agg)

Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool 3:1 Real Madrid; Hagele 45, Bruninho 60, 91; Higuain 21

Semi final 2nd leg

Liverpool 0:6 Real Madrid :eek:; Higuain 12, 15, 31, 56, 58, Ronaldo 44 (Madrid win 7:3 on agg)

Humbled in the CL semi finals in the end, when I got Chelsea in the quarter finals I didn't expect to win anyway so better than I though especially since the board said quarter final was the aim. Still top of the league and because of the Club World Cup pushed matches further back in the calender my final three games are; Man Utd, Spurs, Man Utd

& ive done it won the Premier league with 1 game to spare thought i had no hope halfway through the season i was 6th Ouchie Cyborg bad loss there to Real

Congrats on the league, and I know, the formations were the same in both matches for both teams too so not really sure what happened to my team.

2017 season review

My final three games were a 3:0 victory over Utd thanks to a Griezmann hat trick, a 1:1 draw with Spurs which handed me the league and a 1:0 win over Utd :D good times

Club world Cup: Winners

Champions League: Semi Finals

Premier League: Winner for the third time, and two seasons in a row

Euro Super Cup: Winner

FA Cup: 4th round

Capital one Cup: 4th round

Charity Shield: Winner

I guess I was right when I said I wanted to win 4 trophies and see how I do in the others, the league was closer than I thought in the end with Utd finishing four points behind me, and I think the first time since I started my save that they've even challenged for the title.

Stand out players

Fierro 35 goals in 42 matches, 25 in the league which made him the second top scorer this season behind Rooney. 14 assists

Yesil 28 goals in 45 matches, 19 in 32 league matches. 13 assists

Sterling 15 goals in 39 matches, which was mostly on the right in a 4-4-2, 12 league goals in 25 matches, 18 assists

Hucker (regen poacher from last season) 8 goals in 17 matches, 4 in 10 league matches

Griezmann 17 assists in 29 matches

Personal awards

Yesil: Players young player

Sterling: 2nd place in goal of the season

Lloris: Golden glove with 2 clean sheets in the league

Manager: 3rd place in manager of the year

Lloris, Skrtel, Kelly, Fierro, Yesil: Team of the year place

I was surprised a flat 4-4-2 did so well for me this season, Sterling especially did well and deserved his new contract of 100k a week, he wanted 150k but I stuck a 60m buyout clause in it. I scored 92 goals in the league which was the same as last season, but only conceded 21 which is my best so far. Overall it was 145 goals in 58 matches and 53 conceded, 25 sellouts of Anfield and the average attendance was 98%.

One player is a certanty to go this summer and it's Lucas, he's still not getting 190k a week off me and his agent won't budge what so ever. I'm likely to sell Agger and Skrtel too since they're both 32 now and are on high paying contracts

Oh after being sacked for relegating Everton, Moyes took the Fulham job and was sacked at Christmas for winning two games.

Also has anyone noticed Barcelona win their league every year? On my save its by 25-30 points too

out of the 3 yesil or fierro seems the most impressive, i wouldnt like to say which one is the best.

Fierro is probably gonna be the best just because as an out and out goal scorer with his finishing and speed is awesome, but Yesil has creativity of 19 or 20 now so as a dlf or cf he'll be amazing, especially at the end of my season he went on an insane goal scoring run

Finished 2018/2019 season... got the league title and capital one cup trophies.

However it was "bad" season in many ways. We had numerous key injuries and a failed to create a new tactical system. I know we did ok with these but personally these did not work quite like I wanted.

Also next season will be aiming to get an tactic that has 2 strikers and it is not 4-4-2 system. I will look into this a bit later.

I did not spend much in terms of transfers but we might during the summer. There will be plenty of cash available for sure.

The board still refuses to talk about new stadium which I would like to get done. The pic below pretty much summarizes how the season went...

statslq.th.jpg

Finished 2018/2019 season... got the league title and capital one cup trophies.

However it was "bad" season in many ways. We had numerous key injuries and a failed to create a new tactical system. I know we did ok with these but personally these did not work quite like I wanted.

Also next season will be aiming to get an tactic that has 2 strikers and it is not 4-4-2 system. I will look into this a bit later.

I did not spend much in terms of transfers but we might during the summer. There will be plenty of cash available for sure.

The board still refuses to talk about new stadium which I would like to get done. The pic below pretty much summarizes how the season went...

statslq.th.jpg

Cause you're a season ahead of me have you started making a monthly profit yet? I have a wage cap of around 120k a week and I'm still making a loss each month, though not a massive one.

Not good news about the lack of a stadium yet though, 55000 isn't really big enough when you're trying to become the biggest club around. Especially since Liverpool don't rake in a lot of cash through Anfield. And even when they decide to make one, they'd have to make it at least 75000-80000 since everyone gets an expansion early on

Nope! Definately making losses between 3,5-6M monthly. There are occasional months that it might be a bit less than that.

I try to keep the salaries in tight control allthough I haven't imposed an salary cap.

The +100k guys in my team are... Götze 250k, Suso 170k and Sterling 170k. The rest are below 100k.. allthough I get quite few notifications about wanting new contracts.

Players are demanding definately more and more so need to play this safely.

As for the stadium.. absolutely so.. could those extra seats and disappointed since we actually have money in the bank.

The 175M transfer fund for the upcoming season speaks volumes about that...

Also somewhat disappointed that the regens coming though the academy are sub standard in 98% cases.

2017-2018 build up

Getting to the point of the game were it can become annoying when it comes to buying players because they're mostly regens now that you'll be looking at. Some club tried to charge me 40m for a so-so looking 19 year old center back.

It mightn't be my brightest idea but I'm only buying one player this summer to replace the three I've sold.

Transfers

Out

Lucas £20m Inter Milan. I've posted about his annoying contract dispute and what he thought he should get, after my final attempt to get him to agree a more realistic wage and not the 190k a week his agent was demanding in March I just stopped playing him. As with always in this game he signed for Inter on, you guessed it £68k a week, the money I was paying him.........

Agger £10m Swansea. 32 and on 90k a week, he was coming to the end of his career with me and I don't do high waged bench players

Skrtel £8m CSKA Moscow. See Agger

In

Kurt Zouma £15m HSV. To cover my two defenders leaving

Told you, not a big Summer for transfers, my squad has an average age of 21 and is fully of pretty talented players who I struggle to give enough game time too. I've got no desire to be buying expensive players just yet, since my team doesn't need another rebuild.

Starting Liverpool players gone since I started playing

Joe Cole, Downing, Spearing, Carroll, Reina, Allen, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, Suarez, Doni, Wilson, Carragher went on a free, Gerrard is part of the backroom staff, Assaidi, Shelvey,

That's 17 players who are in your team at the start of the game, no longer part of Liverpool. :D. Kelly is the only first team player left, since when you start in 2012 Sterling is more of a rotation played and Coates and backup.

I'll be sticking with my successful 4-4-2 for a little while longer or until it starts to fail me altogether.

Pre-season

Liverpool 4:0 Sunderland

Liverpool 2:0 Gyeongnam

Liverpool 6:1 Uslan

Liverpool 3:0 Gangwon

Liverpool 0:0 Derby

Nope! Definately making losses between 3,5-6M monthly. There are occasional months that it might be a bit less than that.

I try to keep the salaries in tight control allthough I haven't imposed an salary cap.

The +100k guys in my team are... Götze 250k, Suso 170k and Sterling 170k. The rest are below 100k.. allthough I get quite few notifications about wanting new contracts.

As for the stadium.. absolutely so.. could those extra seats and disappointed since we actually have money in the bank.

Also somewhat disappointed that the regens coming though the academy are sub standard in 98% cases.

Hmm not good you're still making a loss then, other than the Summer when you sell or later CL rounds seems to be a theme.

Wow those are some big wages, my two highest are Lloris and Sterling on 120k, but I included massive buyout clauses to have them on that. After that my team is below 90k a week. I've got the money to pretty much pay whatever they want, but unless there's no one better than them I don't see why I should.

I know a new stadium on the last game was tied to success and money which was harder to keep hold of with Liverpool, but you seem to be doing well in the success part and there's always loans in the game for the stadium too. It's a pity that we can only expand the once too, if you were allowed to expand Anfield to around 60,000 then it'd help a little bit while waiting.

I've done well on the regens so far, I had Cooper come through earlier who is a good looking treq at 19, then I got three 5 star potential ones together two years ago

Suso on 170k. Did you change him in the editor? I'm tempted to if I start a new save he should be -9 PA based on this season.

Season 2013/14 review

League1st

Fa Cup 4th round

League cup 4th round

Awards

Manager of the year

Skrtel,Sterling & Lewandowski all picked in team of the year Suarez & Reina on the bench

Top goal scorers

Lewandowski 27

Suarez 15

Sterling 10

Transfers

Ins

Adryan

Lewandowski

Pepe

Radovanovic

Coentrao

Out

Spearing

Carroll

Kelly

Assaidi (loan)

Pacheco

Cole

Henderson (loan)

Enquire

Pepe

Overall:

Happy that i won the league when after 19 games i had no hope & a good year when i finished 9th the season before meant no European football well im back now Lewandowski was the key with 27 goals & i lost 4-0 to Southampton in the 3rd game thought it was gonna another year of disappointment but i just kept on going i will loan some of my younger players out next season couldn't develop them since i didnt have enough games because i missed out in Europe my job went from insecure at the start of the season to untouchable now im gonna sort out whos in my plans & whos not dont need to many changes will sign 1 big name & mainly regens for season 3 depending on my transfer kitty ill post some ss later on

@cyborgscouse

Oh.. Good maybe I have been unlucky with the own regens than. The facilities are maxed out though.

Overall there aren't that many regens in the game that inrest me. Well, at least my scouts haven't found them. You might want to scout Holland / Brazil in your game.

I have minium release clauses on all of them... all of them were demanding much more than what they were given.

All of those three have earned their wages in previous seasons allthough have to admit that those are high. I might get rid off Götze since he has become more injury prone.

Than again he has with the club many seasons now. We shall see... just signed the Suso and Sterling contracts.

I think there are couple players that dream that their wages will get increase but they have to earn it.

Yup.. you need the CL and TV money to get profits. Also keep salaries in check and buy cheap -> sell higher type of deals as well.

It seems you are doing fine in your game... I'am taking my time since not sure what formation I want to use. It might be 4-4-2 or the 4-5-1 system I have used previously.

@phidelta42

Hi.. well I did few tweaks that I talked about in official data thread. Allthough it seems that was to deaf ears and it was pretty "hostile" place.

Instead of banging the head into the wall edited those things I mentioned myself... and yes still feel that the Liverpool research is way off when you compare youths from other clubs.

That is an diffrent story though.. but I did little editing nothing major though.

...and I have played my own younsters a lot in my save.

how have ppl done with Yesil???

he doesnt play much in the league but yet he scored a important equalizer in the 93rd minute against Arsenal after coming on a sub for Gerrard who I was playing as a poacher (Suarez suspension), but in the EL he has killed it since Borini went down with a lengthy injury 5 goals in the group stages, scored two braces against Stuggart away and a brace against Zilnia

hoping his pace improves a bit I understand hes not a speedster but 10 pace seems to be a bit harsh imo

The data thread is a waste of time. I've brought up Robinson's height in there multiple times since fm12. They haven't corrected that despite it being black and white wrong.
Done it with Wisdom to make him a right back still the same i agree pointless

@zeke It does seem like its based on luck, your scouting knowledge and what affiliated clubs you have. I've got one German club, one in Croatia and Chivas where I bought Fierro and I've started to get players of those nationalities coming through. I keep the youth and training and max too, upgrade every 18 months even though I don't need to.

I scout Brazil a lot because they bring through great looking regens with release clauses of a few hundred thousand.

I sell players whenever they bore me apart from Lucas, I like the idea of rebuilding and don't want older players stopping the youngster coming through.

I'm not sure when I'll need to sell again, apart from the other Summer when I sold a Falcao and Kagawa I haven't really spent a lot of money in this. Sterling and Fierro will be my big players if I ever need to sell someone, Fierro is already worth 20m, but I kinda want to keep Sterling at Liverpool for his career unless injuries ruin him.

Better than I thought I'd be doing, last seasons 4-4-2 was immense for me, I said before that I've never got it to work before but after messing with the sliders there were very few teams that could stop me. Even Arsenal and Utd using a 4-3-3 didn't work, and I thought they'd overrun my midfield.

I change my formations all the time too, seems to add more of a challenge to the game.

@Albanian play Yesil and train him up as a deep lying forward, his creativity will be great for you, and I've noticed he goes on mad goal scoring runs

@phidelta42

Yup. I agree on that one and old enough not bang the head againts the wall.

It seems same old date regarding youngsters no matter how well they perform.

@glenn28

Well.. Wisdom is pretty much confrence caliber in the game at start.

I did tweak him a bit and tried to get him up but he ended up being mid league1 caliber.

I sold him after few seasons but really would loved to keep him.

Stegen is class.. I sold him to Tottenham though since have even better young Croatian goalkeeper in the number 1 spot now.

@cyborgscouse

I have just two clubs in england (Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday).

There is on Serbian club Novi Pazar which I'am affiliated with. It is very hard to get good teams from the board.

I use pretty much the same formula. Allthough, sometimes I just don't want to give up on a guy despite that there are better options available.

The 4-4-2 definately will work on the game currently. I have had my best point totals with it but one thing I have failed is CL. Hard to win unless it is your priority.

@Albanian

Keep Yesil. Give him good tutor options and he will deliver. He might not have monster attributes but he will be good.

@zeke I tried to get one with some Argentinian club but it said their reputation was 4 star continental, I think it was the club Porto bought Falcao off and I still can't get the board to find an Asian or American club to help with the marketing side of things. Used to get one easily in the old game

@zeke I tried to get one with some Argentinian club but it said their reputation was 4 star continental, I think it was the club Porto bought Falcao off and I still can't get the board to find an Asian or American club to help with the marketing side of things. Used to get one easily in the old game

It is definately very hard. Thus no luck with commercial partner clubs for me either.

Just had the link between Norwich terminated so need to try replace that one. They were promoted back to the PL.

Scouse, you wouldnt be able to get River (Falcao's old club) as a feeder team, they are way to big, despite only just coming back up to the top tier in argentina.

Grrrr even tho i won the league i cant seem to sign anymore big names. Hummels rejected Barca for me in Jan... yet M'villa chose spurs over me and Neymar chose Man U over me... its wierd.

Scouse, you wouldnt be able to get River (Falcao's old club) as a feeder team, they are way to big, despite only just coming back up to the top tier in argentina.

Grrrr even tho i won the league i cant seem to sign anymore big names. Hummels rejected Barca for me in Jan... yet M'villa chose spurs over me and Neymar chose Man U over me... its wierd.

Ahh aha ok. I'll just keep scouting them instead and hope they get more players like him

Evening everyone,

Just a quick question, does anyone or has anyone had any joy playing 4-4-2? i keep thinking of giving it a go but to be honest i dont see many people using it. I also find FM13 very inconsistant compared to previous versions, by that i mean just when you think you are getting somewhere with tactics and team picking etc, some random act occurs and you find yourself going backwards!! Very frustrating i have to say.....but ive never been one for backing away from a challenge!! Anyone else find this???

Evening everyone,

Just a quick question, does anyone or has anyone had any joy playing 4-4-2? i keep thinking of giving it a go but to be honest i dont see many people using it. I also find FM13 very inconsistant compared to previous versions, by that i mean just when you think you are getting somewhere with tactics and team picking etc, some random act occurs and you find yourself going backwards!! Very frustrating i have to say.....but ive never been one for backing away from a challenge!! Anyone else find this???

Just won the league in 2016-17 with a 4-4-2

Screenshot of Suso please?

does anyone replace the current assistant manager? im tempted to sign johann cruijff

So long as my assistant manager has good stats in Judging player ability, potential and motivation then I'm not really bothered...unfortunately Pascoe has none in the aforementioned.

hows people getting along with

Shelvey

Suso

Sterling

Yesil

Robinson

Flanagan

Allen

I find Shelvey is the best one so far. most effective.

Shelvey - Gun. Has pretty much displaced Gerrard as my Attacking Playmaker (Attack, in Central Mid).

Suso - Tottenham just offered 100% of his wages and 100k per week to loan him for the second half of the season as a "Key Player", so he must be doing alright. I was happy to give him the first-team football, as he would only be playing every third game or so for me.

Sterling - An absolute ripper and continually improving. Can play both wings and as a striker and despite a finishing stat of 11, bangs in plenty of goals for a wide man.

Yesil - Promoted to the first team season 2 and is very able. Not as quick as I'd like, but is excelling in the DLF role for me. Not my first choice (Suarez or Neymar get that job), but excellent.

Robinson - Continually injured and not developing very well. I've pretty much given up on him.

Flanagan - Just not good enough. Worse than a kid I got on a free season 2 (19 year old Ryan something) and never going to be as good as Johnson. I've loaned him out and plan to sell at the end of the year.

Allen - Vital part of my midfield, not an absolute world-beater, but never has a bad game and possession goes up by 5+ percent when he plays in the CM-DLP role vs anybody else.

Just had to sell Kelly for £8.5 million just so I could afford to pay an upfront fee for M'Vila. Errr....

EDIT: Scratch that, cancelled both deals.

Nice save, you can get over 15m for Kelly in season 2 (if you don't want to keep him, I've decided to keep him as backup for Agger/Johnson (BPD and FB)).

Screenshot of Suso please?

I will try to remember this tonight... he is absolutely amazing at age of 25. His attributes started to rise around when he was 23.

Remember he is mildly tweaked in my game though. I have given him a lot of playing time and kept the best tutoring him.

Archived