FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to give a new save a go, freshen up for 14!

2 Games gone.

Beat Souths by 2-0 and also knocked off Newcastle 1-2!

Sturridge up front and on fire! He scored 4 times in Europa game.

Suarez parted to Arsenal.

And I did some dealing to land Zouma (DC), Adryan (MC), Benzia (ST) and Bakkali (AML).

Hey guys!

Not been on here for a while tbh but im seeking some guidance AGAIN!!

I would like to start a Liverpool save that i can get into to pass the time before FM14 comes out, but for all my trying i have never got really into a save due to not settling and sticking to a tactic or most importantly style of play, mentality etc etc.

So im asking you guys, that judging by most of your posts on here are very successful with liverpool for any tips or bits of advice that you may think would stand me in good stead for a long term save.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Trying to go with different players than the usual this time.

OUT

Suarez (ST)

Reina (GK)

Shelvey (MC)

Carragher (DC)

Downing (AML

IN

Zouma (DC)

Adryan (MC)

Benzia (ST)

Bakkali (AML)

Szczesny (GK)

As you can see, different from my usual Hughes, Neymar and Co. Picked a replacement for each position sold.

Trying to get Shaarawy but he is costing a lot, Neymar is cheaper option!

Hey guys!

Not been on here for a while tbh but im seeking some guidance AGAIN!!

I would like to start a Liverpool save that i can get into to pass the time before FM14 comes out, but for all my trying i have never got really into a save due to not settling and sticking to a tactic or most importantly style of play, mentality etc etc.

So im asking you guys, that judging by most of your posts on here are very successful with liverpool for any tips or bits of advice that you may think would stand me in good stead for a long term save.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!!

I designed a tactic 2 years ago, it was awesome, won loads of games, and I knew exactly what players to look for etc.

------- GK ------

DR - CD - CD - DL

------- DM ------

--- CM -- CM ---

AMR -------- AML

------- ST ------

Formation was like that, I have always used that formation since. Always focused on best Defence, and attacking wingers, the rest I focused on, but I did not consider as important. Always had pace with every player, All players never have any language barriers, or I introduce a fellow country man to fix that issue and so forth.

After a couple of months I stumbled upon a tactic that was near identical! Mr Houghs Boots to the Asses, the first version not final http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287905-Mr-Hough-Boots-To-Asses-FM12.

Being near identical, and after a PC crash, I was not able to recover my own version, so I used his and did very minor tweaks.

End of January Window, Liverpool looking good!

Signing so far in 12/13!

IN

Bakkali (AML)

Benzia (ST)

Adryan (MC)

Zouma (DC)

Szczesny (GK)

Anil Koc (AML)

El Shaarawy (AMR)

Achahbar (ST)

Hughes (MC)

OUT

Suarez (ST)

Reina (GK)

Shelvey (MC)

Downing (AML)

Carragher (DC)

Currently as of 31/01/13, we are sitting 1st after 25 games, 17 Wins, 5 Draws and 3 Losses.

Benzia leads the scoring in the League for Liverpool, he has netted 11 goals. Allen and Henderson has been the work horses in the mid field, running the most in the league.

Skrtel, Agger and Allen are our top 3 highest rated players

Took FM 13 off my computer getting ready for the Beta version which is out on thursday

Can't wait to see what it's like. Have a weeks holidays from the 1st of Nov so hope to get into the game. Going to avoid doing restarts when the updates are released this year as couldn't get into a save after the Jan update

Depends who's good & who isn't it my try 3-5-2 in this version

Fairly settled on my 23221 that I'm using so know the areas I need to improve. Some will depend on what the youth are like in the game.

Hoping McLaughlin gets a good rating as a potential RB and Robinson keeps his PA too. Chirivella could be interesting along with Canos and Rossiter.

Plan on buying 3 young English players in Shaw, Hughes and Chabolah and then see.

Wouldn't be surprised if Suarez was unsettled at the start of the game

Had a good run with Liverpool on FM13 and really looking forward to having a save with them in FM14. Didn't manage to win a trophy for about the first 7 seasons but after a while i managed to find a nice balanced 4-2-3-1 which helped to start to collect some silverware. Now in 2023/24 i've managed to win the Premier League the last 3 seasons, FA Cup x 3, League Cup x 2, Champions League x 1, Super Cup x 1, World Club Championship x 1 and not to forget Charity Shield x 2.

I did plan to do a more comprehensive round up including signings each season and so on but everytime i go onto the game to get some info i can't help but play it to try and progress and win more before the new game gets released. Also looking forward to seeing the new team and trying to develop more of the younger players while winning trophies as the only player i have managed to keep hold of who still plays as a regular is Raheem Sterling.

Got the beta. Bit disappointed with a couple.

Ilori's Pace for 1. Lad holds the sprint record with sporting so should be quicker and hoped McLaughlin would look a little better. Will have to wait and see what potential Chirivella gets on the full game

So got a BETA key, all good.

Will have to download the game on my brothers internet (i have like 1Gb wireless, lol)

Once the Beta is downloaded, is the full game still a full download?

Screen shots look disappointing, thought they get better ratings by now.

Currently 2nd going into December. No real first team signings made. Townsend who dissapointed and has been put on the bench, Berahino + Will Hughes who went straight out on loan and Milanov who has played well as a rotation player. Suarez + Sturridge both look very capable of scoring. Sturridge had 7 in his first 6, now Suarez has 3 in 6 himself, but Sturridge has stopped scoring since Luis came back so not sure on them as a partnership.

I ballsed up selling Enrique for 10mil thinking Davide Santon was coming in, but Bayern made a last minute bid and pinched him. Worked out pretty well as Cissokho in the WBL role has been performing really well. 2 POTM performances, including in a 3-1 win over Man Utd and averaging a 7.4 rating.

Currently 2nd going into December. No real first team signings made. Townsend who dissapointed and has been put on the bench, Berahino + Will Hughes who went straight out on loan and Milanov who has played well as a rotation player. Suarez + Sturridge both look very capable of scoring. Sturridge had 7 in his first 6, now Suarez has 3 in 6 himself, but Sturridge has stopped scoring since Luis came back so not sure on them as a partnership.

I ballsed up selling Enrique for 10mil thinking Davide Santon was coming in, but Bayern made a last minute bid and pinched him. Worked out pretty well as Cissokho in the WBL role has been performing really well. 2 POTM performances, including in a 3-1 win over Man Utd and averaging a 7.4 rating.

Any tips on tactics matey? I'm struggling here with a 4-2-3-1.

Any tips on tactics matey? I'm struggling here with a 4-2-3-1.

I started with 4-2-3-1, playing Gerrard (CM Attack) Lucas (DLP Defend) in the central roles. Coutinho at AMC (Advanced Playmaker), Moses AML and Townsend AMR (both IF Support) with Sturridge up front as Complete Striker (Attack)...that gave me reasonable success to the point Sturridge was banging in goals. So when Suarez came back I switched to the real life formation Brenand's been playing.

-----------------Sturridge-----Suarez---------------

-----------------------Coutinho----------------------

---------------Gerrard----------Lucas---------------

--Cissokho------------------------------Johnson----

----------Sakho-------Agger------Skrtel------------

----------------------Mignolet------------------------

Wing backs are supporting, Gerrard/Lucas/Coutinho in same roles, Suarez as Complete Forward and Sturridge as poacher.

Both formations I play attacking possesion football. Short passing, quick tempo. Goalkeeper plays the ball out to defence. I have Lucas set to not play risky passes. Suarez set to run at the defence. Without it in front of me that's all I can remember instruction wise

Still playing FM13

Started up a new Liverpool game since I got a new computer

Made a major "revolution" with the staff and players at the club - half or more of the staff have gone

Summer transfers (in);

Will Hughes - Derby

James Ward Prowse - Southampton

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke

Sébastian Corchia - Sochaux

Abel Hernández - Palermo

Dedé - Vasco

Andriy Yarmolenko - Kiev

Kevin Strootman - PSV

Facundo Ferreyma - Velez

Stefan Stransberg - Rosenborg

Antonio Adán - Real Madrid (loan)

Summer transfers (out);

Luis Súarez - Spurs

Glen Johnson - Chelsea

Martin Kelly - Reading

Martin Skrtel - Juventus

Stewart Downing - QPR

Jordan Henderson - Fulham

Daniel Agger - Dortmund

+ some youth out on loan

Winter transfers (in);

Kyle Walker - Spurs

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - Arsenal

Jari Litmanen - Free

Matthew Kilgallon - Sunderlan (loan)

Winter transfers (out);

Fabio Borini - Napoli

Released a lot of youth with poor potential and sold a few of them as well

Total Spending: £188m - Total "Sales": £106m - So spend £82m more than I sold for, but I'm close to having "my squad" now, so I'm not expecting a grand spending in the summer, unless there are some sales as well

Tried to sell Reina, but nobody would take him, so he stayed and have played as first choice keeper - would like a new keeper though, as Pepe makes some crazy mistakes at times

EL+ League Cup + FA Cup were for the young bunch - Both domistic cups were exited in the first possible round, while the young players made it to the group stage in EL where they finished 3rd in the group

BUT THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE were won with one game remaining, hadn't expected that - the main focus was to qualify for the Champions League - but needless to say I was thrilled by it and so were the board

Sterling won "English footballer of the year" - 22 assists and 13 goals in 36 games helped him to that

New signing Ferreyra won "English Premier Division Topscorer" with 31 goals in the EPL

I won "Manager of The Year"

Liverpool players; Dedé, Kyle Walker, Sterling, Yarmolenko and Ferreyra were selected in "Team of The Year"

Ferreyra won The European Golden Shoe

Still playing FM13

Started up a new Liverpool game since I got a new computer

Made a major "revolution" with the staff and players at the club - half or more of the staff have gone

Summer transfers (in);

Will Hughes - Derby

James Ward Prowse - Southampton

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke

Sébastian Corchia - Sochaux

Abel Hernández - Palermo

Dedé - Vasco

Andriy Yarmolenko - Kiev

Kevin Strootman - PSV

Facundo Ferreyma - Velez

Stefan Stransberg - Rosenborg

Antonio Adán - Real Madrid (loan)

Summer transfers (out);

Luis Súarez - Spurs

Glen Johnson - Chelsea

Martin Kelly - Reading

Martin Skrtel - Juventus

Stewart Downing - QPR

Jordan Henderson - Fulham

Daniel Agger - Dortmund

+ some youth out on loan

Winter transfers (in);

Kyle Walker - Spurs

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - Arsenal

Jari Litmanen - Free

Matthew Kilgallon - Sunderlan (loan)

Winter transfers (out);

Fabio Borini - Napoli

Released a lot of youth with poor potential and sold a few of them as well

Total Spending: £188m - Total "Sales": £106m - So spend £82m more than I sold for, but I'm close to having "my squad" now, so I'm not expecting a grand spending in the summer, unless there are some sales as well

Tried to sell Reina, but nobody would take him, so he stayed and have played as first choice keeper - would like a new keeper though, as Pepe makes some crazy mistakes at times

EL+ League Cup + FA Cup were for the young bunch - Both domistic cups were exited in the first possible round, while the young players made it to the group stage in EL where they finished 3rd in the group

BUT THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE were won with one game remaining, hadn't expected that - the main focus was to qualify for the Champions League - but needless to say I was thrilled by it and so were the board

Sterling won "English footballer of the year" - 22 assists and 13 goals in 36 games helped him to that

New signing Ferreyra won "English Premier Division Topscorer" with 31 goals in the EPL

I won "Manager of The Year"

Liverpool players; Dedé, Kyle Walker, Sterling, Yarmolenko and Ferreyra were selected in "Team of The Year"

Ferreyra won The European Golden Shoe

Started season 2 in good form, but "Hmm" spend more that I counted on in the summer, but most was on "Key" signings either for now or for next season

Summer Transfers Ins;

Hugo Lloris - Spurs

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

Luke Shaw - Southampton

Marco Capuano - Pescara

Lucas Digne - Lille (loan)

+ some newgens

Summer Transfers Outs;

Jose Manuel Reina - Juventus

Andy Carroll - WBA

Jay Spearing - Hull

Andriy Yarmolenko - Inter

Oussamma Assaidi - Southampton

A few released and/or sold under £1m

Morgan, Robinson and McLaughlin out on loan to gain first team football, as they were 3rd choice or worse at their position atm

Got a really good team now, with an English core (English with capital letters)

GK) Lloris - Bardi - Jones

DR) WALKER - Corchia - McLaughlin

DL) Enrique - SHAW - ROBINSON - Digne

DC) SHAWCROSS - Coates- Rugani

DC) Dedé - Capuano - Wilson

DM) Lucas - Allen - Strandberg - Newgen

MC) Strootman - WARD PROWSE

MC) GERRARD - HUGHES - SHELVEY - Coutinho

RW) WILSHERE - STURRIDGE

LW) STERLING - OXLADE CHAMBERLAIN - IBE

FC) Ferreyra - Hernández - Yesil - NEWGEN - MORGAN

Expecting a few youngsters to come of age next season (3rd season), Will Hughes to take over from Gerrard, Luke Shaw to take over from Enrique, McLaughlin to take over from Corchia as back up at RB, Yesil to take over as main back up for Ferreyra - It might take another season after that for Ward Prowse to take over for Strootman, but things are looking good

Looks a decent team there. I've got a few of the same players. Strandberg, Wilshere, Ferreyra, Hughes and Ward Prowse. I had an interest in brining in Strootman, but he's at Roma and would cost £35m+.

I'm about half way through the 4th season. Won the league every season so far, with a record points total in the first. Last season was very close, only won it by one point on the last day. This season I'm 11 points clear after 17 games, so it's looking a bit easier!

GK: Reina - Adamu (Newgen, Ghana)

RB: Danilo - Johnson

LB: Umtiti - Siqueira

CB: Kelly - Strandberg

CB: Wisdom - Dominquez

CM: Henderson - Allen

CM: Lucas - Sven Bender

CM: Wilshere - Gerrard

RW: Bale - Sturridge - Lamela

LW: Bernard - Coutinho

ST: Suarez - Aspas - Ferreyra

Still deciding who to play on which wing. Suarez was brilliant on the left last season, and Aspas was good through the middle. This season Suarez has been much better though the middle. Have a few more young players around the squad, loads of players out on loan.

Bale, Umtiti and Wilshere all came in this season. Wilshere as Gerrard's replacement, and boy has he been good. 15 goals and 11 assists in 15 Premiership starts.

Looking for a keeper to replace Reina pretty soon.

Looks a decent team there. I've got a few of the same players. Strandberg, Wilshere, Ferreyra, Hughes and Ward Prowse. I had an interest in brining in Strootman, but he's at Roma and would cost £35m+.

I'm about half way through the 4th season. Won the league every season so far, with a record points total in the first. Last season was very close, only won it by one point on the last day. This season I'm 11 points clear after 17 games, so it's looking a bit easier!

GK: Reina - Adamu (Newgen, Ghana)

RB: Danilo - Johnson

LB: Umtiti - Siqueira

CB: Kelly - Strandberg

CB: Wisdom - Dominquez

CM: Henderson - Allen

CM: Lucas - Sven Bender

CM: Wilshere - Gerrard

RW: Bale - Sturridge - Lamela

LW: Bernard - Coutinho

ST: Suarez - Aspas - Ferreyra

Still deciding who to play on which wing. Suarez was brilliant on the left last season, and Aspas was good through the middle. This season Suarez has been much better though the middle. Have a few more young players around the squad, loads of players out on loan.

Bale, Umtiti and Wilshere all came in this season. Wilshere as Gerrard's replacement, and boy has he been good. 15 goals and 11 assists in 15 Premiership starts.

Looking for a keeper to replace Reina pretty soon.

Have you sold Sterling?

Can't believe if you have

First season: 13 goals and 21 assists in 35 matches + AVR of 7.63

So far second season: 7 goals and 6 assists in 12 matches and his AVR are 7.74

with out a doubt my most star player, the way he opens up defences is just brilliant to watch

He's out on loan at Newcastle at the moment. Just wouldn't get into my team, with the players infront of him.

I got the opportunity to talk to Ozil, but he decided to stay at Real. It'd have been a decent free signing. He barely starts for Madrid as well.

I decided to start up yet another Liverpool save on FM13 as I usually don't get the next release until the first patch is out or I get it for my birthday, whichever is sooner and after watching our performance on Saturday and having read 'These Turbulant Times' over the weekend too I decided to give it another shot.

I don't usually get past the 2nd or 3rd season as without European competition in season one and without concentrating too much on the cups I sneak the league and then sell off all the dead wood and then I end up bringing in more players than I really need to in season 2 and the fun kinda drains away.

This time I'm determined to try and develop the toung guys we have and suppliment that by a big signing or two in areas of weakness. I'm currently playing 4231 in home/easier games and 41221 in harder games but eventually I see us playing a formation where wingbacks offer us width. Personnel wise, that shouldn't be much of a problem... Apart from Raheem Sterling as he's the only real out and out wide man.

He's certainly not got the skillset or physical traits to be a wingback, so I've wondered about retraining him as a striker. Has anyone had any success in doing that or developing Sterling in general?

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to start up yet another Liverpool save on FM13 as I usually don't get the next release until the first patch is out.

Yep, the same here, I find it hard to start a relatively long-term career while gameplay is still being fine-tuned.

Has anyone had any success in doing that or developing Sterling in general?

Not sure about the striker part, but I saw in some story a very successful Sterling in the AMC role. His pace and dribbling in general, considering the latest FM13 version's peculiarities, can possibly make him a very good player in any attacking role.

I began a new FM13 Liverpool save after winning the Champions League with Finn Harps - managing a top club seems a bit mundane now, but the Reds' current successes IRL spur me on to at least try and win the league in the first few seasons. I use the "summer transfer update" database, so the squads are essentially those of FM14.

I had only 21 million to spend in the first window after promising to qualify for the CL, but this amount was increased by adjusting the wage and flogging Skrtel to Milan for 15M (could have possibly squeezed 25 out of Man City for Agger, but I just love him too much). Moses and Cissokho were sent back to where they came from as I had other transfer targets in mind, although later, when the injuries kicked in, I regretted getting rid of the first one. The budget was mostly spent on Agger's compatriot Viktor Fischer from Ajax (13M+clauses), Roma's playmaker Pjanic as a long-term replacement for Gerrard (15M+clauses) and Luke Shaw who's going to be Jose Enrique's understudy and even a back-up winger sometimes (12M+clauses which would have been insane IRL).

It's mid-November and things are looking bright as we're sharing the top spot with Chelsea with 26 points from 11 games. Even brighter, however, is the fact that United are 10th, Arsenal 11th (they had 7 draws in the first 7 games...) and Spurs are 13th already having got rid of Villas Boas. We got out of Carling Cup in the fourth round away at Old Trafford but only suffered one league defeat - home against Chelsea thanks to two random set pieces. My top players so far are Gerrard (7.86 and generally awesome), Agger (7.55), Coutinho (top goalscorer with 6 in 9 before the injury) and, surprisingly, Henderson who seems to be excelling both as a right inside forward and a limited box-to-box (7.62). I usually play a quick 4-5-1 with short passing where the third midfielder is either a DM or an AMC, but 4-4-2 proves to be successful in desperate times (won 3 games in added time with it).

However, I only needed two months to completely alienate Luis Suarez, which must be some sort of record. The guy got sent off for two yellow cards for diving, so I fined him one week's wages and stood my ground when he started bullying me about it. Essentially, I lost my best player for that very fine of 100k, as he immediately requested transfer, refused to talk to me from that moment on, and I dropped him after 5 games with the average rating of 6.76 :D Luckily, my board are angels. After I agreed to sell Luis to Juventus (of all clubs) for 38.5 million, I went to them and asked to secure Benteke for me, which Werner did in four days (!) for 24M. So hopefully, by winter I'll have a good striker to help with my ambitions as so far I can't figure out how to use Sturridge (2 goals in 11 games).

Looking at the table, one might presume my first season was a close title challenge, but in fact Chelsea never gave me a chance after Boxing Day and only started dropping points when it was almost clear we'd never reach them. Sloppy starts from Arsenal and United ensured they didn't get CL football next year. You can forgive me for believing at that time that next season would be our season.

0lo4.th.png

In a way it was, but mostly it frustrated the hell out of me :D

Bought almost noone in summer as I had to sell to get any money, and my squad looked pretty good in all areas, so I figured these young players can actually make a step up and challenge for the title on their own. Players sold include Reina to Roma (12.75m), Aspas to Granada (incredible 8m), Assaidi to Stoke (3.5m) and Toure to Monaco (2m). Two players I signed were versatile forward Rodrigo from Benfica (25m) who had a beastly season and seemed useful in any position, and Stephen Caulker who refused to taste the joys of survival horror in Cardiff (9m). Also got a very promising Danish regen Søren Bertelsen who had beastly stats for a 17-year old (this is him a season later). My youth network provided two good prospects in a CB and a striker, both nowhere near the same level, though.

The league season was a nightmare. We had an amazing calendar that could have easily resulted in 30 from the first 10, but this team defied all logic and kept dropping easy points against the likes of Hull, Nottingham Forest, West Bromwich (at that time - bottom with 6 straight defeats) and whatnot. Tactics were tweaked and full matches were watched to spot the flaws in the plan, but to no avail - it just kept happening. Big teams kept beating us left and right, yet somehow we only lost a top-4 place in April - thanks to another slow start from Arsenal.

Champions League, however, was a lot of fun. First of all, we were seeded in 3rd pot and got ourselves a wonderful group of death with Real Madrid and current holders PSG. We also more or less spinelessly lost two away fixtures against them and only defeated Club Brugge at home. However, the second half of the group stage brought us three straight wins and an unlikely play-off spot. The wonders kept happening as we progressively drew and beat Dynamo Kyiv, Valencia and Porto - hardly whipping boys, but definitely not the type of quality you expect to meet. In the very, very unexpected final fixture we got Barcelona whose style I so shamelessly and unsuccessfully tried to emulate. Sure enough, Messi got jealous and scored a header on 10th minute to put them in front. Gerrard's injury on 21st was bound to ensure the heads would drop. However, in the typical for this season rollercoaster manner the team deemed to awaken in the dying minutes, as Caulker headed home the equalizer on 88th and Coutinho whizzed through Barca's defence on 90th to score the winner and brought the completely unexpected trophy to the bewildered fans.

joa7.th.png

What's even funnier, by doing so we denied United their Champions League spot :D

xa8z.th.png

Next season is our season... surely.

Archived