FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My save is on the last update from SI, i started from season 2 as i holidayed season 1, the club didn't qualify for Europe

League

The worst league season i think I've ever had on any CM/FM although Man U blew everyone else away, think it was my own fault as i changed my tactics way too much

33af1b35077d36eeb7fb13a5d6878c30.png

Cups

Won both cups, had an easy run in the League Cup but a much tougher one in the FA Cup

84c641ca8cff93c37d68368ed34bece2.png

a6867490afdc192efd796abc896bbfd6.png

Transfers

Tiote and Ramsey were already brought in before i took over, overall had a net spend of £19M

d3026632686184dfed3583f252222192.png

cont....

Hahaha is there anyone you could really improve your squad with anyway?

I am using youngsters, so not really :D I rotate my squad a lot, and I have all positions covered. I could probably get the world beaters, but I don't want them... I enjoy the young squad.

March

League

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom; Agger 8, Alberto 37, Griezmann 57, Maupay 90; Tosic 41

Norwich 4-1 Liverpool; Toure 66; Barazite 29, 72, Fer 38, 55

Liverpool 4-2 Southampton; Agger pen 3, Ince 14, Suarez 28, 70; Lovren 38, Ramirez 48

Swansea 2-1 Liverpool; Borini 85; Bulot 34, Hernandez 91

Liverpool 1-1 Fulham; Suarez 21; Ruiz 42

Champions league

Real Madrid 3-0 Liverpool; Morata 65, 88, Benzema 90

May

League

Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa; Gerrard 17, Suarez 67, Sturridge 85

Liverpool 4-1 Man City; Gerrard 8, Suarez 27, Griezmann 29, McLaughlin 50, Jovetic 5

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle; Maupay 21, 35, Wisdom 53; Ferguson 82

League: 1st

This result was a total shock for me, for a lot of the season I was fighting for 3rd or 4th but with a few matches left of the season I managed to get top spot. There was only 7 points between 1st and 4th so in that sense it was a similar season to last year's one, were a few teams could have taken the league if they'd won a few more matches. That said it wasn't a great season overall, the top three teams only picked up 24 league wins each which is probably one of the lowest league wins I've seen in the game so far. There's going to a lot of improvement next season to do this again, or keep a top 4 spot, that said I'm not too sure how to improve the team either.

Champions league: 1st round

Pretty much to be expected once I drew Real Madrid. My aim was the quarter finals and I nearly got there if it wasn't for a last minute goal, I could have gone into extra time and who knew what would have happened there. Apart from the first Benfica match there isn't too much I can complain about when it comes to this CL, there's need for improvement like most things so we'll see how next year goes.

Domestic cups: League cup winners, FA cup 3rd round

I was only really looking to get into the semis of one of them, so to have picked up one of them was nice. It's never nice to go out of a cup early, especially when you beat the team who knocked you out in the next match as well, the team put out should have done better than they did in the FA Cup

Suarez to score 30+ goals:

He did it in the end, reaching 30 goals for me overall, near the end of the season, and improved his league scoring as well with 19 of them being league goals. 30 leagues in 38 matches isn't anything to be sniffed at, and it was a two goal increase from his total last season too.

Three players to score 15 goals overall:

Disappointingly this didn't happen, with how inconsistent my team was for a large part of the season only one player came close to this target. Something that will have to change next year

Four other players to reach double figures overall:

Maupay was the only player apart from Suarez to break the 10 goal barrier this season, mind numbingly annoying as **** for me. If some players don't break ten goals next season they'll be sold

Season 3 preview

Despite winning the league and league cup last season, it was far too scrappy for me, and far too inconsistent for me to think of it was overly successful despite the two cup wins. So I've made a few tweaks to the formation to try and get it as good as season 1 was.

Pre-season

Liverpool 2-1 Fc Twente

Liverpool 1-0 Shenhua

Liverpool 5-0 Qingdao

Liverpool 4-0 Yeovil

Liverpool 3-1 Celta

Transfers

In

Lamela: £20 + Joe Allen

Damiao: £31m, he was transfer listed and I need the extra fire power up top

Fernandez £7.5 a 17 year old Spanish regen from Real who can play AMC/AMR and MC with 5 star potential

Out

Gomez season long loan, key player, Swansea

Maupay season long loan, key player, OM

Skrtel £13m Cardiff

Yesil season long loan, key player, Stoke

ToureFree

Ince £27.5m Spurs

Borini £21m AC Milan

Allen part exchange Spurs

Aims

Top 3 in the league

QF or better in the champions league

Win the league cup

Semi finals of the FA Cup

Win the charity shield

Suarez to score 30+ goals

Damiao to score 20+ goals

Alberto, Coutinho, Griezmann to score 10+ goals each and 15 assists each

Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, Lamela to score 10+ goals each and reach double figures in assists

Regens/young players to get at least 10 full games over the season

Transfers season 3

6n3o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2 crap seasons though i won the europa league in season 2 signed 3 english players & Stegan as Migonlet is crap hope his Pa is better in FM 14 finished 7 in the league because i won the europa league in europe this season sold Suarez to Real for 50 mill & used it to get Gomez who will be my main striker goal is to get top 4 this season

September

League

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke; Damiao 62

Cardiff 1-0 Liverpool; Lambert 83

Liverpool 2-0 Norwch; Lucas 29, Agger pen 63

Champions league

Liverpool 3-1 Lyon; Damiao 15, Sterling 45, 72

Liverpool 5-0 Bate; Sterling 1, Lamela 27, 33, pen 74, Suso 45

League cup

Liverpool 1-1 Birmingham; Lamela 66; Novak 30

Liverpool pens scored; Gerrard, Sturridge, Lamela, Suso

Liverpool pens missed;

Birmingham pens scored; McCulloch, Taylor

Birmingham pens missed; Novak, Amborse

*Playing with updated Summer 2013 transfers*

This will be my final save before FM14 and having not played for the best part of two months, started getting withdrawal symptoms. Never played with Liverpool before but was encouraged having watched their last two league games on the TV and hearing about their promising youth prospects!

Will post as i go on.

Wow haha, what formation do you use?

A strange 3-2-1-2-2. Works magically with Raheem.

Wow Ty great result

I was sitting here with my housemate saying "Great, I've drawn Real Madrid... I am out!"... then 7-0 happened :D

*Playing with updated Summer 2013 transfers*

This will be my final save before FM14 and having not played for the best part of two months, started getting withdrawal symptoms. Never played with Liverpool before but was encouraged having watched their last two league games on the TV and hearing about their promising youth prospects!

Will post as i go on.

Welcome :)

A strange 3-2-1-2-2. Works magically with Raheem.

I was sitting here with my housemate saying "Great, I've drawn Real Madrid... I am out!"... then 7-0 happened :D

I just got knocked out in the quarters of the CL against Madrid. In the first game Ronaldo scored a very flukey cross, in the second a magnificent 30 yarder. Only won the league and the community shield in the second season. Little bit of a disappointment considering I won the league (with a record points total) and the FA cup in the first season.

So I finally made progress in the CL this year! After the thumping of Madrid, I got Porto in the semi finals. Beat them 4-1 on aggregate... now I will either get Chelsea/Spurs in the final.

I am confident coming up against either of those teams. So after 2 pretty poor CL seasons prior... in 2016 I could win it!

EDIT: It will be against Spurs!

Hi guys. I'm back.

Didn't play as much this summer as I waited for a good update. Couldn't decide on one so spent the last couple of days merging a couple together.

I also made a few LFC specific modifications. Over the next few days I'll post a link to the DB, and start the team guide using it.

Here are some test runs I did to ensure this DB isn't cheating.

Test 1 - Team managed by me

4R4FhuR.png

Qualified for CL and won FA cup.

Test 2 - Team managed by AI

X5QPZX7.png

Brendan outperformed me. Liverpool finished 3rd, same as him in the Manager of the year Award.

The impressive Coutinho won PFA player of the year.

We were top scorers as well.

Test 3 - Team managed by AI

Lekbyh0.png

This one didn't go as well. Rodgers got sacked at the end of February.

We still finished above Everton :) and United :D

Season 1 preview

Started again due to too many players wanting to leave, I'm still using the 4-3-3 that I did last time, and I hope to have a little more success with it unlike last time when inconsistency started ruining it. Borrell has been made my assistant manager with Jurgen Gelsdorf from Leverkusen coming in my HoYD. I hope to try and have Suarez be as good as he was in my first season last time, getting nearly 30 goals for me.

Tranfers

Maupay £2.5m compensation fee before he signed a new contract

Halilovic £2.5m

Fernando season long loan from Porto as DM cover because Gerrard and Lucas picked up injuries in pre-season

Aims

A top 5 finish

Semi finals of the league or FA Cup

Talented youth players to get 10-15 games over the season even as 30 minute subs

Goals and assists

Suarez 25+ goals 10+ assists

Sturridge 15+ goals 10 assists

Coutinho, Aspas, Moses, Gerrard; 10+ goals 10 assists

Henderson, Allen, Sterling 5 goals 5 assists

Team

Keepers; Mignolet, Jones

Fullbacks; Johnson, Enrique, Kelly, Cissokho, McLaughlin

Centerbacks; Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Toure, Ilori, Wisdom

Defensive mid; Lucas, Fernando, Allen

DLP; Henderson, Allen, Alberto

ADP; Gerrard, Alberto, Henderson

AML; Coutinho, Moses, Aspas, Sterling

AMR; Aspas, Sturridge, Moses, Sterling

Striker; Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Yesil, Maupay

what type of wanting to leave did you encounter? half my youth team constantly want to go on loan, but thats about it from what I have seen on fm13

Suarez asked to leave in the first season but only agreed to stay if we won the champions league in two years, Sakho wanting to leave to win trophies despite winning the league, league cup and charity shield, Lucas wanted to go for similar reasons and a few others wanted to leave for first team football despite playing most matches. I'm using LFCMarshalll's database so I'm not sure if he's made personality changes to some of the players to cause it

Suarez asked to leave in the first season but only agreed to stay if we won the champions league in two years, Sakho wanting to leave to win trophies despite winning the league, league cup and charity shield, Lucas wanted to go for similar reasons and a few others wanted to leave for first team football despite playing most matches. I'm using LFCMarshalll's database so I'm not sure if he's made personality changes to some of the players to cause it

Edited reputation of the club, I would imagine.

Suarez went for £40m ironically to Arsenal because no one else would meet it, I've got a £19m bid in for Benteke after they rejected my £25m he handed in a request, a £28m bid for Damiao as well as a £7m bid for the young Valencia striker Paco can't spell his last name who'll be back up while Yesil and Maupay develop

Ended up bringing in Damiao too because his transfer was the one that was completed first

Archived