FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna start again for the 50th time just as well i have my xbox to take my mind of things back later & good luck in your saves

I wouldn't worry too much about it, everyone has said the first season Liverpool is stupidly inconsistent in this game. I think your level of reputation has a bigger role to play too, if its to low the players wont listen to you

Just finished up my first season in my second new save (with the database fix for the dodgy tax issue). Won the treble! Beat Newcastle in the Euro Cup, beat them in the FA Cup a few days before that and beat them in the last game of the season!

Suarez has been immense, 37 goals in all competitions playing as a deep lying forward or Treq. (Treq in the first half of the season, second season DLF because my results began to dip and my tactic needed tweaking). Suarez unfortunately got injured right before the FA cup final, so he missed the last handful of games for the season with a hamstring tear.

Yesil ended up getting into the first team after doing very well on loan in the first half of the season, he's not my first choice, but he's been getting a game here and there and has scored a handful of goals.

Sterling has played almost every game (he's been fit for, all the cup games and 20-odd prem games) and ended up scoring 20 goals in all competitions! He and Suso have been very handy. Shelvey has also been amazing in the games he's played, despite having fairly poor stats.

Buys in (all of these fees involved payments over 48 months for the majority of the fee):

Jovetic (20 million)

ter Stegen (20 million)

Alaba (January, 20ish million)

M'Vila (25ish million)

Adryan (875k)

Sales out:

Pepe Reina to Arsenal (24.5m, everybody who plays as Liverpool should sell Pepe, ter Stegen is better, younger and can be bought for less than Pepe can be sold for)

Downing to Fulham (12.5m haha Fulham you suckers)

Cole to I think Southampton (250k), pretty sure I had to cover some of his wage though

Henderson to I think West Brom (can't remember actually where he went) for about 10m

Tips for people starting their first season:

Sell Pepe! He's worth a ton, ter Stegen can be had for 20m (mostly over 48 months) which will give you a profit and a better/younger/cheaper player.

If you are playing three central players, try to get a good defensive mid, Lucas is fantastic, but he starts of injured and there is ZERO cover for him.

Sell Henderson, he's useless in every position and on a ton of money. If you happen to play a 4-4-2 Henderson can be an ok box-to-box midfielder, he's not technical or defensive enough for anything else though, IMO.

Sterling as an inside forward is GOLD, despite his stats not being amazing. He has pace (and will get quicker) and some technical ability (which will improve over the season). I played him every match I could and gave him Heavy training and he's now a Wonderkid who has scored 20 goals for the first team (top scorer in FA cup and our top scorer in the League cup before we got knocked out)

Coates is a gun defender once you get some games into him. His aerial ability is fantastic and his other stats improve quickly with games and training. He's my third choice but played a lot for me because of injuries.

ADJUST YOUR BUDGETS. After offloading some crap, you'll be able to get some reasonable money, but if you drop your wage budget down, you'll end up with a fortune to spend.

I've also been chatting up Neymar all season, I desperately want to land him next season, I don't have any areas of the squad that need immediate attention, but Neymar would be a spectacular signing. He's been responding well to my comments and has less than two years to run on his contract, so fingers crossed.

EDIT: Also, Suarez won Players' Player of the year and Top Goalscorer and he also joined Jovetic Sterling, Agger and ter Stegen in the Players' Team of the Year.

EDI2: Oh yeah, I also offloaded Spearing and Pacheco for about 7.5m combined.

November

Premier league

Liverpool 3:3 Aston Villa; Griezmann 2, Yesil 8, Chalobah og 32; Henriksen 79, Skrtel og 85, Abdi 91

Liverpool 1:1 Stoke; Yesil 48; Petrucci 91

Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal; Falcao 19, Yesil 38, Fierro 48; Chamberlain 5

Liverpool 2:2 Fulham; Fierro 16, Borini 24; Cox 1, Gueye 42

I'm not too happy with the league this month, 6 points out of 12 and three draws is annoying

Champions league group match

Liverpool 4:0 Metalist; Borini 32, Carrasco 58, Fierro 64, Yesil 91

Liverpool 0:2 Bayern; Kroos 12, Agger og 16

You should look into selling Reina and buying ter Stegen, you'll get some more money to play with and a better keeper to boot!

Jack Butland does look good, but IMO ter Stegen is better than Reina already (and is rated by my scouts to be better than Jack in the future) and is only a year older than Butland. Plus he's German, that's who you want in the sticks :).

You should look into selling Reina and buying ter Stegen, you'll get some more money to play with and a better keeper to boot!

Jack Butland does look good, but IMO ter Stegen is better than Reina already (and is rated by my scouts to be better than Jack in the future) and is only a year older than Butland. Plus he's German, that's who you want in the sticks :).

Usally stick with Reina in season 1 & i like the look of Butland but you never know

Well damn everyone's getting 22+ for Reina, I sold him for 15 :(

In the second season now, struggled in the CL group with Real and Napoli, but in the knockout rounds eliminated PSG (4:2 agg) and in the quarter final beat Barca (2:1 on agg thanks to a penalty and horrible Valdes clearance which led to an empty goal shot). Next stop Juventus.

Just finished up my first season in my second new save (with the database fix for the dodgy tax issue). Won the treble! Beat Newcastle in the Euro Cup, beat them in the FA Cup a few days before that and beat them in the last game of the season!

Suarez has been immense, 37 goals in all competitions playing as a deep lying forward or Treq. (Treq in the first half of the season, second season DLF because my results began to dip and my tactic needed tweaking). Suarez unfortunately got injured right before the FA cup final, so he missed the last handful of games for the season with a hamstring tear.

Yesil ended up getting into the first team after doing very well on loan in the first half of the season, he's not my first choice, but he's been getting a game here and there and has scored a handful of goals.

Sterling has played almost every game (he's been fit for, all the cup games and 20-odd prem games) and ended up scoring 20 goals in all competitions! He and Suso have been very handy. Shelvey has also been amazing in the games he's played, despite having fairly poor stats.

Buys in (all of these fees involved payments over 48 months for the majority of the fee):

Jovetic (20 million)

ter Stegen (20 million)

Alaba (January, 20ish million)

M'Vila (25ish million)

Adryan (875k)

Sales out:

Pepe Reina to Arsenal (24.5m, everybody who plays as Liverpool should sell Pepe, ter Stegen is better, younger and can be bought for less than Pepe can be sold for)

Downing to Fulham (12.5m haha Fulham you suckers)

Cole to I think Southampton (250k), pretty sure I had to cover some of his wage though

Henderson to I think West Brom (can't remember actually where he went) for about 10m

Tips for people starting their first season:

Sell Pepe! He's worth a ton, ter Stegen can be had for 20m (mostly over 48 months) which will give you a profit and a better/younger/cheaper player.

If you are playing three central players, try to get a good defensive mid, Lucas is fantastic, but he starts of injured and there is ZERO cover for him.

Sell Henderson, he's useless in every position and on a ton of money. If you happen to play a 4-4-2 Henderson can be an ok box-to-box midfielder, he's not technical or defensive enough for anything else though, IMO.

Sterling as an inside forward is GOLD, despite his stats not being amazing. He has pace (and will get quicker) and some technical ability (which will improve over the season). I played him every match I could and gave him Heavy training and he's now a Wonderkid who has scored 20 goals for the first team (top scorer in FA cup and our top scorer in the League cup before we got knocked out)

Coates is a gun defender once you get some games into him. His aerial ability is fantastic and his other stats improve quickly with games and training. He's my third choice but played a lot for me because of injuries.

ADJUST YOUR BUDGETS. After offloading some crap, you'll be able to get some reasonable money, but if you drop your wage budget down, you'll end up with a fortune to spend.

I've also been chatting up Neymar all season, I desperately want to land him next season, I don't have any areas of the squad that need immediate attention, but Neymar would be a spectacular signing. He's been responding well to my comments and has less than two years to run on his contract, so fingers crossed.

EDIT: Also, Suarez won Players' Player of the year and Top Goalscorer and he also joined Jovetic Sterling, Agger and ter Stegen in the Players' Team of the Year.

EDI2: Oh yeah, I also offloaded Spearing and Pacheco for about 7.5m combined.

Well done

Usally stick with Reina in season 1 & i like the look of Butland but you never know

I got rid of Reina costs me too many games

Well damn everyone's getting 22+ for Reina, I sold him for 15 :(

In the second season now, struggled in the CL group with Real and Napoli, but in the knockout rounds eliminated PSG (4:2 agg) and in the quarter final beat Barca (2:1 on agg thanks to a penalty and horrible Valdes clearance which led to an empty goal shot). Next stop Juventus.

I just offered him out for £22M and Arsenal bid :D

Has anyone actually tried keeping Pascoe as assistant manager?

No i promoted Borrell from the reserves

Feeling a bit gutted i sold Reina brought in Ter Stegen who has been great, sold Downing brought in Nem again who has been great, but i sold Suarez to Chelsea for £30M but wish i hadn't as i only sold him as Cavani was transfer listed.

I couldnt agree a deal so bought Jovetic who has been ***** to say the least should of just sold Reina and Downing and bringing in Nem and Ter Stegen but what's done is done

Feeling a bit gutted i sold Reina brought in Ter Stegen who has been great, sold Downing brought in Nem again who has been great, but i sold Suarez to Chelsea for £30M but wish i hadn't as i only sold him as Cavani was transfer listed.

I couldnt agree a deal so bought Jovetic who has been ***** to say the least should of just sold Reina and Downing and bringing in Nem and Ter Stegen but what's done is done

I don't find Suarez consistent enough to be your main or even second striker in this, I ended up playing him as the AMC in his last season

I play Suarez out on the left as an IF not so good in the first half of season one, had a much better second half to the season. Season 2 he was spot on chipping in with 12 goals and lots of assists. Season three he has started off where he left of in season 2, he rarely has a poor game now. I play only one up front and Lorenzo Insigne (9mil season 1) has made the role his own 19 goals season 1, 28 season 2 and so far in season 3 has has 9 in 5 games, another plus for him is he is perfect for any attacking midfield role too, I can't recommend him enough.

Cant seem to get going on this years fm i always start off well then my team just doesnt seem to be able to score anymore and i lose game after game, its happened with each save ive done. i have more than one tactic and rotate etc but for eg ive just been beat 4-0 by stoke. gonna have to keep at it but boy is it frustarting

I bought Coleman in the end. Not an earth shattering signing I know, but he's a solid defender and leaves me with £13 mil left from the Johnson sale, plus is only on £26k per week. I've got my eyes on Corchia, Aurier or Fofana in the summer.

I've also got Estigabarria (sp) coming in on a free in the summer. I can now move on at least one of Downing or Assaidi in the summer. If I can get a decent young DMC in the Jan window I've got a decent enough squad to last me for season 1.

I'm looking to move Borini on this january he's played 23 games so far as one of my three strikers and has 6 goals, Falcao as 13 goals in 21 goals, Yesil has 16 in 22 and Fierro has 10 in 22. That's he's playing in the poacher role as opposed to the deep lying forward or advanced forward positions either side of him, he's just not doing it. The time between his goals is nearly double that of the other three, Yesil has 36 goals in 74 games in total, Fierro is 40 in 94, Falcao 57 is 96 since I bought him, whilst Borini is 45 goals in 142 goals altogether.

Shelvey is going too, he's listed as a rotation player but wants 60k a week from the 15k he's on right now

December

Premier League

Liverpool 3:0 West Brom; Cathcart og 32, Borini pen 49, Sterling 58

Liverpool 3:1 Everton; Falcao 28, pen 59, Yesil 32; Jano 57

Liverpool 6:1 Sunderland; Fierro 22, 53, 76, Agger 27, O'Shea og 34, Wilson 61; Fletcher 55

Liverpool 3:0 West Ham; Carrasco 33, Fierro 40, Aranalde 57

Liverpool 1:0 Middlesbrough; Morris og 81

Champions league group match

Liverpool 4:0 Lorient; Borini 15, 20, Falcao 38, Kagawa 59

Capital one cup quarter final

Liverpool 2:1 Reading; Hagele 18, Yesil 19; Bowery 61

How does everyone use team talks ? ive started to say nothing at the beginning of the match and my team plays a lot better, i just use the odd talk here and there and it seems to work now. I started my first save on fmc so i didnt have to use the team talks, but i couldnt really get into fmc

Haha theroy has been blown out the water Arsenal just put 5 past me

Ive been making my own tactics for the last 3 fms but fm13 is taking me the longest to get my head round them but am sure ill come up with one

Season 2017/2018 review

Premier League: Winners

Champions Cup: Runners up

FA Cup: Lost in Semi Final

Capital One Cup: Winners

Community Shield: Winners

It was an pretty season despite the trophies. Mostly grinding on and surviving...

We won the league title in last round thanks to Stoke City. Actually played little mind game and told the press how quality squad Stoke had.

Well, they won 2-0 vs Man Utd and we barely got an 3-2 win over Southampton.

Also had couple of intresting games vs Tottenham. We were losing the Capital One Cup 2-0 with 20min to go. Made couple substitions and sure enough Yesil scored 95min winner.

They paid the courtesy back in FA Semi's. At halftime we were leading 3-0 but they came up storming and won 4-3... oh well.

No suprise either that we fought Manchester City in CL final.. and we lost 1-0. They were better side so another time for that one than.

I have been playng 4-4-2 system two seasons now. I might change things a bit or just tweak that.. don't know.

Also, I have an feeling that few faces will leave the club. Few have won a lot here and might not be hungry enough to stay. Not sure how much we will rebuild or do we this summer.

All in all.. frustrating and good season in the end.

2017v.th.jpg

How does everyone use team talks ? ive started to say nothing at the beginning of the match and my team plays a lot better, i just use the odd talk here and there and it seems to work now. I started my first save on fmc so i didnt have to use the team talks, but i couldnt really get into fmc

I'am very harsh with teamtalks. I only usually praise after the match is all over... mainly give them hell if we are drawing or losing at halftime.

Than again my players have very high determanation and mental ratings so better take it.

Sometimes things backfire but have won more than lost with my style.

Started season 2 with a good win against the bitters!

Made a few changes to the squad. Targeted a few regens to try and develope through the U18's and reserves.

Got in 2 cb's who are 5 star rated and 4.5 star rated ST, have a Mexican St joining in jan who is 5 stars as well. Found an AML regen who went straight into the first team.

Known players who were bought in

Jack Butland 5.5m

Bochetti on a free, regret this after finding the 2 regens

Di sciglio 9m from Milan

James McCarthy 5.5m from Wigan

Tolga Cigreci 12m from Wolfsburg

Ademilson 13m from São Paulo

Out went

Jones, cole, Wilson, Carroll, spearing, Henderson, assaidi and plenty of the reserves.

Bit overloaded at CM now so may look at selling Allen as he hasn't done much for me and I'd prefer to keep shelvey

Haha theroy has been blown out the water Arsenal just put 5 past me

Ive been making my own tactics for the last 3 fms but fm13 is taking me the longest to get my head round them but am sure ill come up with one

I use my Ass Man for team talks

I got Neymar!!!!!!!!!!! I was more pumped when he signed than when we won the Euro Cup. He submitted a transfer request after Sir Alex started chatting him up. Still cost over 30m, but totally worth it.

I've also picked up Ryan McLaghlin, a 4.5 star potential right-back on a free (18 year old kid with good enough stats to be Johnson's backup). Also got a 16 year old in the academy with 5 star potential who already has 14 for pace, agility and finishing. He is tall too (185cm), going to be a star!

Got basically nothing to spend, but have clubs after Carol (averaged 7.45 with westham, so hopefully get a good fee).

Don't really need any more players, but I am scouring the globe for a quality 16-18 year old central defender. I want to sell Wilson (maybe Kelly too, Chelski offered 17.5m for him). Need another body though.

So damn frustrating. First season, looking ok.

Lost to villa (16th) and norwich (15th) in the last 3 games which put me 4th.

Chelsea, who finish 7th, go and win the CL!!!! Against Bayern!!!

I know how Harry must have felt :(

Ouch unlucky :(

I got Neymar!!!!!!!!!!! I was more pumped when he signed than when we won the Euro Cup. He submitted a transfer request after Sir Alex started chatting him up. Still cost over 30m, but totally worth it.

Nice one. When he signed for Man U in my save I got seriously fed up was one of many who knocked me back for less bunse elsewhere.

lfc7, im the same i started like 15 saves already cant even make it to end of the first season highest i been is 7th. im tryin to get into CL football
ive started over 20 times I say only got to season 2 once & was sacked there but it's the hardest version of FM I've played but not giving up until I get the right mix in tactics

For those having trouble in FM2013 with liverpool, here's my tactical tips for success:

Don't mess about with the sliders, I can almost guarantee you don't know what you're doing.

The best formations for Liverpool are probably 4-5-1(4-3-3) or 4-3-1-2, with your starting squad lined up like this (I won the league in my first try of FM13 without a huge amount of tactical tweaking):

4-5-1/4-3-3

-------------------------------Pepe (SK, D)-----------------------------

Johnson (FB, Auto)---Skrtel (CD, D)---Agger (BPD, D)---Enrique (FB, Auto)

-----------------------------Lucas (DM, D)------------------------------

-----------------Gerrard (AP, A)---------Allen (DLP, S)-------------------

---Sterling (IF, A)----------------------------------------Borini (IF, A)---

-----------------------------Suarez (CF/DLF, S)----------------------------

As a 4-3-1-2 (my favourite formation, but one I don't play as much in FM2013 because I want Sterling who is best used on the wing):

-------------------------------Pepe (SK, D)-----------------------------

Johnson (FB, Auto)---Skrtel (CD, D)---Agger (BPD, D)---Enrique (FB, Auto)

---Shelvey/Henderson (CM, Auto)----Lucas (BWM, D)----Allen (DLP, S)---

------------------------------Gerrard (AM, A)---------------------------

-----------------Suarez (DLF/CF, S)----Borini (Poacher, A)---------------

These make good starting formations, I would start with Defend or Standard strategies with 4-3-3 and Counter or Attack with 4-3-1-2. These two formations between them can handle anything that gets thrown at you with no additional shouts needed (although of course they will help).

Useful shouts:

If you are taking too many shots from range "Work Ball into the Box" is invaluable. This is the best and most useful shout in the game, IMO.

If you are trying to preserve a lead against a side with quick forwards, "Drop Deeper" is great, in this circumstance it's often worth switching one/both of your wingers to support roles (this will make your 4-3-3 a 4-5-1).

If you are trying to play on the counter "Stay on your feet" can really help switch from defence to attack quickly.

If there is a lot of pressure on your defenders, you need to switch to either a more attacking or defensive strategy. More defensive will sometimes invite pressure, so against weaker sides sometimes you can get control of the game back by switching to Standard or Attack. In the second half of the season, if you have been doing well, you'll usually need to start playing a more attacking game overall.

Above I mentioned with the 4-3-3 it's good to start with Defend or Standard, if it's not working in the first ten minutes or so (as in all the highlights are of the other team if you aren't watching the full match), switch it up! If you get dominated no matter what, change formation. You don't want to change your tactics between matches too much, but switching between pre-prepared strategies during a game is often the difference between 0 points and 3.

Beat United away 5 - 4 and on a 8 - 9 match winnning streak, Reason I lost 4 goals because I'm playing Jones... My goalkeeper stegen got injuried 7 weeks lol

Just lost 3 - 4 to Arsenal :(

Brad Jones 8 goals in 2 games, God.... I've learned my lesson gotta get 3 goalkeepers. I have a young one coming in for free end of season, I'll hunt for another one too.

Bang goes my morales going from Superb to good/very good.

Excellent post Althaz. My 451/41221/433 is almost exactly the same as yours with the exception of Gerrards role (yours makes more sense so I might change mine). I'd be interested to know if you made any tweaks to Suarez's settings as I can't seem to get him working.

My hunt for a DMC continues. I've been looking at two 19 year olds, Jadson or Hoffman from Duisburg, but it looks like I'll have to pay upwards of £5 million for them and I don't know if that's worthwhile when I could wait until summer and get a proven player.

Archived