Why We're Getting FMC this Year

Do you realise that you do still have a choice? The main FM game is played in exactly the same way as before, FMC is just an optional extra.

Yes I know that but I was referring to the new nerfed training system, there is a huge thread about it and over there there is a detailed description on how the family guys " forced " SI to dumb it down.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I know that but I was referring to the new nerfed training system, there is a huge thread about it and over there there is a detailed description on how the family guys " forced " SI to dumb it down.

You have clearly not read the thread or understood it, nothing has been dumbed down for people with families, in the main game. The new training system was not put in place because people have less time, training took 0 seconds to set up before, the game did it for you. Why are you basing a point on something you had no idea about until a couple of posts in that thread?

I don't have much time to play FM but still I won't be playing FMC and I will buy FM2013 to play regular carrer mode. What's the difference if you finish a season (with having less time to play) in a day or in three days?

As far as I understood, the things stripped off of FMC are the things like team talks, press conference and other things that you can set your assistant to do in a regular FM game. The only difference is that "Instant Result" button which I won't be using anyway (hope it isn't in the regular FM game).

I am saying this now, but I guess I'll have to wait for the full game to try it and see if I'm right.

The training module had to be changed as it was IMO dated and unrealistic to the vast majority of training that goes on in football and there was little that SI could do to it to improve it.

So SI had to effectively take 1 step back to take 2 steps forwards in future versions in order to get something that mirrors real life training.

Hopefully the 2 steps forward will allow those people like yourself who are painly unhappy with the change to make custom but realistic training schedules and import them into the game.

FMC is simply launched because of the money greed microtransaction purposes

it wouldve been enough to keep the main game and just add a instant result option and matchplan there to make the game quicker.

But all the unlockables that you truly have to pay for (and not earn) are just 'cheats' or accelerators as Miles puts it. I for one will be using FMC, but will not use the unlockables, whether paid for or not.

You have clearly not read the thread or understood it, nothing has been dumbed down for people with families, in the main game. The new training system was not put in place because people have less time, training took 0 seconds to set up before, the game did it for you. Why are you basing a point on something you had no idea about until a couple of posts in that thread?

Milner, despite you have scored a lot of posts it seems you can't even imagine someone having an idea different from your truth.

At this point I think that going on in the discussion is a dead road.

I don't have much time to play FM but still I won't be playing FMC and I will buy FM2013 to play regular carrer mode. What's the difference if you finish a season (with having less time to play) in a day or in three days?

As far as I understood, the things stripped off of FMC are the things like team talks, press conference and other things that you can set your assistant to do in a regular FM game. The only difference is that "Instant Result" button which I won't be using anyway (hope it isn't in the regular FM game).

I am saying this now, but I guess I'll have to wait for the full game to try it and see if I'm right.

There's no way that it would be possible for people like me who might be able to play for an hour or two a day to complete a season that quickly. It could take a month to complete a season, with FMC it may be possible to do it in a week.

So its possible to complete 4x as many seasons in FMC as we could whilst playing full FM. That appeals to me as on FM12 I played the game until December when I got fed up witht he slow progress after almost one and a half season in game. If I was playing FMC I could have completed 5+ seasons by then.

Can you seriously not see the advantage of that to us people with less time to be able to play FM? We can actually have a proper carrer savegame using FMC that we couldn't possibly achieve with full FM.

Imagine that you couldn't actually have a proper career game in FM and then you should see this from our point of view.

The handheld version was popular enough to award a "classic/challenge mode" in the real game.

Simple Logic.. the handheld version does have challenge mode and plays more similar to classic mode then the real game.

I am not trying to convince anyone.

I just told that I am bored of the ones moaning that they have kids, wife and all the similar stuff. Doing that SI toned down some features for example the training system.

If you want to stay with your kids and family just bring them to have a dinner in front of the lake but do not moan FM is too time wasting, please.

so your saying that people who have families shouldn't be allowed to ask for the game they've grown up with to cater for them anymore?

I would have liked to have the choice :

1) Play FM as you are used to do dear granny !

2) Play FM in a married-slipper-man way, some features are nerfed because you have to take care about the dog, you have to walk the wife, you have to buy new house furniture, you have to keep the lawn as your wife wants, etc..

3) Challenge

you have all of this.... fmc is just an added mode..

both of these posts are nonsensical tbh..

bout time people accept that a good percentage of the fanbase have other things to get done aswell as the game and that it's ok to do so.

The handheld version was popular enough to award a "classic/challenge mode" in the real game.

Simple Logic.. the handheld version does have challenge mode and plays more similar to classic mode then the real game.

I said that earlier - nobody seemed to listen then either...

:D

There's no way that it would be possible for people like me who might be able to play for an hour or two a day to complete a season that quickly. It could take a month to complete a season, with FMC it may be possible to do it in a week.

Wrong Spankie, you can not compare FMC season and complete FM game season, it will be not the same game at all...Soon, you will need post in another part of the forum to talk about FMC

Wrong Spankie, you can not compare FMC season and complete FM game season, it will be not the same game at all...Soon, you will need post in another part of the forum to talk about FMC

Why not? They are both FM, they use the same match engine and match views, they use the same squad training, they use the same tactics. Do you need me to go on?

They are just different ways in which to play the same damned game, its just that a lot of the micromanagement that some people don't have time to do has been removed, automated or streamlined in FMC.

OK, look at it this way. FMC is like 32 bit Windows 7, full FM is like 64 bit WIndows 7. We can all agree that 64 bit WIndows has far more to it then the 32 bit version for example running more the 4GB of RAM, but they are still the same OS to all intent and purposes.

Hello,

I m searching for a FMC version "i have a wife, 3 kids, 2 divorces, 4 maistress, 2 red fish, a turtle, one old dog, a dead cat"

I have lots of money, i could pay lots of DLCs without problems.

Did SIG save my wasting times ?

For my next divorce can i argue to the judge : i ve played FMC to save my marriage ?

Let's the FMH lovers played FMH, and don't borring the standard version 's players quiet with stupid marketing arguments.

It's the same songs by the same kind of person on all games since i play online ( almost 20 years now ).

For making a game more simple and speed to play, just need to make it !

For make it no need to rewrite nothin, just made a bridge with the existing files. And clean the interface.

Because if the game is "complex" it's because it's not a complete game.

We want "play" to push on lever arm. We don't want a general mask "go on vacations".

Because if you don't buy your players, don't manage the match given instructions to correct the move, or watch it => It s exactly the same than the preference : going on vacations.

At this point the question is : did you play really ?

Or did you play President Manager ? Buying with real money, some cheats options. Necessary if you manage nothin and be sure to pass by, the "challenges". Why not after all. But it's may be an another game indeed ?

A casual game on Androïd for example ? So let's go on it !

The lever arms we need to have a nice game are simple : evaluation for choose the "fist step" of approche and strategy which shape our selection. Too much values to calculate.

Having numeriques values in front of the cursor, just to graduate correctly and not in blind ... Without expecting a skin of it, find on a forum.

"First step" because, "the game's fundation" is to manage respons, front of the IA opponants during the match. Find the "space".

Assistant council missing the links with the analysis page. For the most of user's it's stand a great mystery.

All of the rest, is the way to go on.

By maintain performances ... need a natural fitness evaluator for the rotation. OOohh a good idea for a calendar ....

By maintain the moral, with information of personnalities, and differents values to know on conversation, if it's an advantage to choose the respons A or B. Never on this place when i need to have it.

By shape the individual training from the graphs on cursors, an exisiting one ( individual) by default, don't need a test gauge of 2 months period to evaluate the player's needs, and have the training activities arrow in a menu from the selection team page, to manage it.

Don't worry, the training stand exactly the same, with no doubt : the complement of the match's exercice influence.

So a lots of small, but necessary links beetween existing files to play the game more quickly and simple, because if we get the lever arms, we know what to do for beguining to play. but not on a blind way.

This is the simple way. And the way to play an exciting game.

FMC is a fake. A disguise trap for take some little money to lazy casual gamers. Nothin more, nothin less.

Of course we can choose the classic version, until now. The question is until when ?

We are affraid by the way it taken. Because this is the first bad step in a bad direction.

Apologizes for my lack of english, like always

Support grep and Jim Morrow :applause:

Instant results is a bad way of playing FM, even if it is a option.

Now, what's wrong with my statement boys ? C'mon.

Say that you're playing as Man Utd and you draw a non-league club in the FA Cup. Instead of spending 10-20 minutes playing through a match you can get an instant result using the match plans you have previously set up.

I also know for a fact that there are several people on this forum who do not like the matches, they enjoy buying and selling players and then they want to holiday through a match.

Just because you can't see the advantage of using instant result it does not make it an invalid option that should not be allowed in the game. For a lot of people it could be a useful tool to increase their enjoyment of the game by either bypassing a match or to quickly go through a batch of matches that they don't reallt want to play through.

I also know for a fact that there are several people on this forum who do not like the matches, they enjoy buying and selling players and then they want to holiday through a match.

iam one of them :D

thats also because if you play in lower leagues or smaller countrys, you dont have the players to setup barcelona like tactics and watch your team have 70% ball posession and ask yourself do i play with persie or rooney? or both??

it gets boring very quickly to either watch the games or get the same text messages all over again, just gimme the result :-)

I usually holiday towards the end of a season. 8 games left and I've won the league.

Well, know I can setup with the youngsters playing and go via Instant Result rather than leaving things to my Ass Man's discretion.

It gives me that bit more control.

It's not up to any one of you to decide how someone else should play or how they should spend their time. If FMC appeals to people then let them be. I'll be playing FMC because I choose to. You think I should be playing the full game because I can get an assistant to do everything? I don't want to. I want to play the mode that is designed to get through a season quickly without all the media and player interaction micromanagement involved. If you want to look down your nose as if you're superior for playing the full game, then have fun with that.

Hello,

I m searching for a FMC version "i have a wife, 3 kids, 2 divorces, 4 maistress, 2 red fish, a turtle, one old dog, a dead cat"

For my next divorce can i argue to the judge : i ve played FMC to save my marriage ?

Let's the FMH lovers played FMH, and don't borring the standard version 's players quiet with stupid marketing arguments.

It's the same songs by the same kind of person on all games since i play online ( almost 20 years now ).

For make it no need to rewrite nothin, just made a bridge with the existing files. And clean the interface.

We want "play" to push on lever arm. We don't want a general mask "go on vacations".

Because if you don't buy your players, don't manage the match given instructions to correct the move, or watch it => It s exactly the same than the preference : going on vacations.

Or did you play President Manager ? Buying with real money, some cheats options. Necessary if you manage nothin and be sure to pass by, the "challenges". Why not after all. But it's may be an another game indeed ?

The lever arms we need to have a nice game are simple : evaluation for choose the "fist step" of approche and strategy which shape our selection. Too much values to calculate.

Having numeriques values in front of the cursor, just to graduate correctly and not in blind ... Without expecting a skin of it, find on a forum.

"First step" because, "the game's fundation" is to manage respons, front of the IA opponants during the match. Find the "space".

Assistant council missing the links with the analysis page. For the most of user's it's stand a great mystery.

By maintain performances ... need a natural fitness evaluator for the rotation. OOohh a good idea for a calendar ....

By maintain the moral, with information of personnalities, and differents values to know on conversation, if it's an advantage to choose the respons A or B. Never on this place when i need to have it.

By shape the individual training from the graphs on cursors, an exisiting one ( individual) by default, don't need a test gauge of 2 months period to evaluate the player's needs, and have the training activities arrow in a menu from the selection team page, to manage it.

Don't worry, the training stand exactly the same, with no doubt : the complement of the match's exercice influence.

So a lots of small, but necessary links beetween existing files to play the game more quickly and simple, because if we get the lever arms, we know what to do for beguining to play. but not on a blind way.

FMC is a fake. A disguise trap for take some little money to lazy casual gamers. Nothin more, nothin less.

Of course we can choose the classic version, until now. The question is until when ?

We are affraid by the way it taken. Because thi is the first bad step in a bad direction.

First of all I see that the moderator has reminded the youngsters to speak about other's and own opinions and not about the physical counterpart behind a nickname. Thanks for that, I hope the youngsters will learn from the moderator teaching.

Second, I share your feeling Teutomatos, we know that nowdays selling a game among various platforms is highly rewarding for software houses. As we stated we are not against that, we are against the fact that year by year the console way of playing is slowly eroding features to the classical FM. That is a shame from my point of view too.

Considering that this is really happening you all have to expect some grannies here to chime and complain against that, even if you young boys think the world is upon you and your ideas. I am sorry but you will always face someone in the world with different ideas and he will have no fear on expressing it in a forum, even if my english is not so good.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who have time to play FM and yet don't have time to play it "properly".

Really? Everytime FM becomes more complicated I hear more and more people complain about it. I think it's a great solution for them.

And yes, it'll certainly help draw new players in. How is that a bad thing?

Hello,

We are affraid by the way it taken. Because this is the first bad step in a bad direction.

Not sure I understand properly but are you suggesting they leave FMC as a handheld game only? What about people who want the more casual / time-saving game but don't have a handheld device?

I posted a long time ago asking for the handheld version to be transferred and released as a PC version, really glad they are doing it.

Also, it's OPTIONAL! I don't understand why people are so against something that has no impact on the full game.

Instant results is a bad way of playing FM, even if it is a option.

Now, what's wrong with my statement boys ? C'mon.

Stop trolling. You are just trying to antagonise people now.

Right Grep, We are not complain about way of playing, everybody can play naked if they want but we are complain about SI commercial strategy and hidden stratagem....If we are not making a warning now, in a few years, it will be too late..

So SI's commercial strategy of making a game mode that might tempt new people to buy the game and old FM players to come back into the fold to make more sales of the game and have more money come into the coffers at SI towers that can be used to improve the game is a problem for you?

The more money SI make, the more people they can hire and so there are more people working on improving FM.

All the while SI have created a game mode where they can experiement with different things and provide the base for improvements that can be carried over into the main game. For example SI could take the media module from FMC and then improve it vastly much easier then they could taking the bloated media module from FM and improving it.

Many years ago SI completely rewrote the game and that was CM4 and that was to all intents and purposes a disaster. What FMC gives to SI is the chance to rewite the modules again but a bit at a time and so avoid the chaos that CM4 produced.

Right Grep, We are not complain about way of playing, everybody can play naked if they want but we are complain about SI commercial strategy and hidden stratagem....If we are not making a warning now, in a few years, it will be too late..

Too late for what?

A company trying to be more successful, both financially and entertainment-wise, by making more people buy their product.

Bringing in new players while keeping the veteran players?

The more money SI make, the more people they can hire and so there are more people working on improving FM.

Sorry but in which world do you live ? You think company who make money, will hire more people...Please switch on your radio and listen to news, even company who make profit send people out......and even it's the way they make more money.

As I said before, perhaps FMC is used some module from other platform like PSP, so if you think SI write new code for FMC, i don't think so. The only thing I see, that they spend time and "engineer" to propose FMC instead of improving the best they can FM main game.

Sorry but in which world do you live ? You think company who make money, will hire more people]...Please switch on your radio and listen to news, even company who make profit send people out......and even it's the way they make more money.

As I said before, perhaps FMC is used some module from other platform like PSP, so if you think SI write new code for FMC, i don't think so. The only thing I see, that they spend time and "engineer" to propose FMC instead of improving the best they can FM main game.

Didn't they just do that this summer?

I don't understand the argument against FMC. If you don't like the concept and do not wish to play that way...don't.

SI are trying to make money through microtransactions...so? People who want to waste their money can. How does it impact on players that don't wish to use FMC and don't wish to spend more money on FM? It doesn't, just arguing for arguing sake.

Sorry but in which world do you live ? You think company who make money, will hire more people...Please switch on your radio and listen to news, even company who make profit send people out......and even it's the way they make more money.

That's exactly what they did this year, thanks in part to the job Steam did with zero day piracy.

Given that separate teams work on different things, it's hard to see how working on FMC, will impact the ME, for example.

Too late for what?

A company trying to be more successful, both financially and entertainment-wise, by making more people buy their product.

Bringing in new players while keeping the veteran players?

Too late when the main game will stagnate or even disappear under DLCs module after few years under financial pressure.

Stop trolling. You are just trying to antagonise people now.

That was just an answer to someone who IMO was in needing to chill out a bit, before rioting against the ideas of other forumers in a personal way.

Told that, we are not discussing about what is optional. I have nothing against a option of course, otherwise it would be like discussing if it better a grey or blank background color of FM. I was just pointing out that year by year I have the feeling ( sometimes not just a feeling ) that SI is introducing console features and it is forcing to take them as improvements while IMO they are not.

Someone may say : " that's how the world goes, get a grip on the reality " ...someone else may argue that this is not a fair way to move the market towards hidden wills.

First of all I see that the moderator has reminded the youngsters to speak about other's and own opinions and not about the physical counterpart behind a nickname. Thanks for that, I hope the youngsters will learn from the moderator teaching.

Second, I share your feeling Teutomatos, we know that nowdays selling a game among various platforms is highly rewarding for software houses. As we stated we are not against that, we are against the fact that year by year the console way of playing is slowly eroding features to the classical FM. That is a shame from my point of view too.

Considering that this is really happening you all have to expect some grannies here to chime and complain against that, even if you young boys think the world is upon you and your ideas. I am sorry but you will always face someone in the world with different ideas and he will have no fear on expressing it in a forum, even if my english is not so good.

Of course, it's a new social marketing mechanics tendances. The cynical world run & rules on it.

FM comes from the ancient wave of developpers, which make games with substances behind. It's a smart game. By a smart developpers, just may be, they missed some interface's links beetween some good ideas and push button to used them. Not to evict, but for playing with. That's the point.

But for the less, it's why we are playing it across a decade.

A point which bringing together the community around a good gameplay, but not in this case who's gonna cleave it more, and definitivly.

I ve expecting some usual small improvments like always, except this years. The only good point is the national taxes regimes.

They had my sympathy ... since today. We could even imagine editor and broadcaster pressure to explain why they follow this way. But the arguments'used are a pity ... And the necessary real improvment away.

PS : @ Kenco

If you find it one day, can you share a DLC's for a red fish proprietor with a timing dilemn ? :thup:

Edit : you just need to understand that the real improvment which made the game more simple and quick to use, aren't this FMC trap.

That you could play easily in classic mod, without anxious state of mind and no need to delete the gameplay in benefits of your own money in place of, a mask function.

A man which carve its game on the watering - pot ( watch on FM Tv commercial )

SI is introducing console features and it is forcing to take them as improvements while IMO the are not.

Nobody is forcing you do take anything as anything at all?

FMC is a new gaming mode - it's a new feature ported from the Handheld feature. They opted to include it in the full game because the people who played the Handheld version liked the FMC mode and asked for it to be included in the full version of the game.

Nothing wrong with the FMH players asking for a feature they like to be included in the full game.

And SI are entitled to respond to the request positively.

If you don't like FMC then don't use it. Others will like it - so they will see it as an improvement.

Too late when the main game will stagnate or even disappear under DLCs module after few years under financial pressure.

Did you miss the part in the videw where Miles said the main FM game was sacrosanct?

And what financial pressure? The game has been selling more and more copies every year and so making SI more and more profit that they are putting into the game in the form of more staff.

If you have proof that SI have financial pressure then please let us know, I'm sure that Miles would be interested.

I'd love to point out the screens in minute detail, but like you I have only seen brief, and very brief at that, footage of the screens and Miles saying that FMC has had the screens have been streamlined so that the info you need is all on one or two screens.

Miles also said that the transfer and coontracts have been streamlined. I don't have a trascript of every single thing Miles has said in the videos, but I do remember that.

Until the beta has been released all that anyone is going on are the screenshots, videos and what Miles says. When we can actually play FMC in full then we will quickly be able to find out exactly what the differences are. Until then everything that I have seen shows that FMC is far more streamlined and quicker to run through then FM with all the ass mand and DoF options enabled.

BTW chaning a skin does not change what is shown to you, you can only view what that screen shows you in the default skin just a little prettier. With FMC a lot of the screens have been combined and AFAIK that is not possible in FM.

Okay, you are right we may need to see more of it to be sure. I just wanted to know why you all are so matter-of-factly stating that a season in FMC would be so much faster than FM with the same settings. I personally think that from what they showed us that isn't the case and if there was more to it, it would be in the video, instead of highlighting how in FMC the match speed scroll is a bit more to the right by default.

edit: A financial pressure is not necessarily coming in the form of SI going in the red. SEGA may just want to make more and more money.

Nobody is forcing you do take anything as anything at all?

FMC is a new gaming mode - it's a new feature ported from the Handheld feature. They opted to include it in the full game because the people who played the Handheld version liked the FMC mode and asked for it to be included in the full version of the game.

Nothing wrong with the FMH players asking for a feature they like to be included in the full game.

And SI are entitled to respond to the request positively.

If you don't like FMC then don't use it. Others will like it - so they will see it as an improvement.

My memory often fails but if I recall correctly I think to have seen a poll where it was asked which way you will play FM, only a tiny percentage voted for FMC.

This forum is only a part of the world but the world can't be totally different in terms of opinion. So why did SI introduce such a feature when the polls are against it ?

I allmost didn't play FM 12 and FM 11 because I didn't have joy of gaming.

I was very succesffull in game before...playing very indepth...helping SI to solve some major bugs, but this game goes to a wrong end with it's complexity, I simply don't want to bother with some stupid things, things could be simplified without loosing chalenge! So yes, I'm really waiting for FMC!

A poll on here? On a forum?

Why don't you start that poll in the FMH threads - see how it goes.

People who are saying they are against it are the one's that don't relaly know what it is, and are saying they are against it out of pig-iron rather than actually knowing anything about it.

I'm keeping my eye on you - I'm dying to see your first post asking a question about FMC due to you playing that mode.

I'd say a majority of people that are so against the FMC will play that mode anyway.

And if it doesn't?

When does the financial pressure start?

Next year? 5 years? 10 years?

The problem is grep that the poll was run on this forum. Most people, if they don't have time to play FM, wouldn't come into these forums so often and so wouldn't have seen or taken part in the poll. So the result would have been skewed towards a full FM game.

For example until FM13 was announced I hardly looked at this part of the SI forums as I wasn't at that time playing FM because I got fed up with the grinding that I was forced to go through in an effort to get trough a season. FMC will vastly cut down the time it would take for me to play a season and so I wouldn't so quickly get fed up of playing and I migt have the chance of having a career save for the first time in a few versions of FM. I was actually thinking of skipping this version of FM, but FMC (and Watford being taken over by the Pozzos) have convinced me to give it a try.

A poll on here? On a forum?

Why don't you start that poll in the FMH threads - see how it goes.

People who are saying they are against it are the one's that don't relaly know what it is, and are saying they are against it out of pig-iron rather than actually knowing anything about it.

I'm keeping my eye on you - I'm dying to see your first post asking a question about FMC due to you playing that mode.

I'd say a majority of people that are so against the FMC will play that mode anyway.

The FMC is only one of the way the game has changed. Anyway I am adult enough to choose how much time to dedicate to a game so if I will be in lack of time I'll simply pause playing until I have some time and willingness to start playing again but I will never ever use FMC. .....Above all considering that you will be watching me :)

The FMC is only one of the way the game has changed. Anyway I am adult enough to choose how much time to dedicate to a game so if I will be in lack of time I'll simply pause playing until I have some time and willingness to start playing again but I will never ever use FMC. .....Above all considering that you will be watching me :)

I've bookmarked this post.

Archived