Truro City

If Truro City cant find a buyer in the next few weeks and fold will they be taken out of the game before release

As the game is due to release on 2 November, then it will be going gold within the next couple of weeks if all is going to schedule. Therefore, Truro would have to fold in that timescale to disappear from the game on release.

As the game is due to release on 2 November, then it will be going gold within the next couple of weeks if all is going to schedule. Therefore, Truro would have to fold in that timescale to disappear from the game on release.

I believe the deadline day for them is this Thursday where if they haven't found a buyer they may be thrown out of the BSS league.

Si games is a shirt sponser for Watford, I am not sure what their relationship is with AFC Wimbeldon but why not atleast look into Truro?

I doubt any commercially viable sponsorship would be enough to save the club if they're facing liquidation.

Sad it's not like FM where "The board has injected money" would keep them afloat perpetually :(

How much money does Truro need?

I`ve read it`s about £700k but it costs around 200-250k per year to run and generates no where near that in income due to the wage bill.

It`s sad as 700k isn`t that much money when you hear some EPL players are on 200k a week.

They don`t need the money, they should just put 1 weeks wage a year into Truro :)

• SI Staff

They're just under a million pound in debt and the deadline is today. But I have feeling they shall put the deadline back again and again.

No-one wants to buy them. Not exactly a profitable club at a this level of semi-professional football, too much effort just to make them break even.

Having had a quick read about their situation I can't see why anyone would buy the club,at least not from a business point of view.

As I said I only had a quick read through what has happened but basically the owner was bankrolling them and now he has gone the club is operating out of its means.

Sounds very much like Gretna F.C.(and we all know what happened to them).

Being bankrolled through the leagues and promotions until the sugar daddy took the money away,Although in Gretna's case it was due to ill health that he stopped backing them.

Hopefully they will survive but I think it will have to be some local man or syndicate with money to burn that are using their hearts and not their heads.

I knew the extension would go on.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19907501

B

e fun to manage them in FM 2013. ;)

I will be managing them for 2013 :)

I would imagine it will be a tough 1st season but hopefully kick on after that,How long is the transfer ban?

I take it will be for the entire season or in FM will they be able to sign players in January?

Looks like I'll be managing them too instead of Portsmouth looking at the present poll results in my thread and they dont fold before the 2nd November when the game comes out.

Ive never managed a club in administration before so it will be a challenge. Would they get taken over quickly in the game. In FM12 when I was managing Plymouth at the start Peter Risdale was listening to offers for the club and where in a financial mess but not administration and they got taken over very quickly in the game by a tycoon

I`ve read it`s about £700k but it costs around 200-250k per year to run and generates no where near that in income due to the wage bill.

It`s sad as 700k isn`t that much money when you hear some EPL players are on 200k a week.

They don`t need the money, they should just put 1 weeks wage a year into Truro :)

Not FM related but I've got to the point where thinking clubs that are unsustainable need to fail whether it's Man Utd or Truro City. Devastating for the fans/staff, but what's the alternative?? And we're not talking Greek Economy or the future of the Euro.

Football has had a golden get out ticket for too long; Pompey for one (nothing against pompey) and kind of hoping that the Ibrox thing might wake people up.

Here's the latest news. They've got to 5pm to find a buyer, otherwise there out. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19907501

I really hope something happens, but it looks like it's all over. The fat lady is about to belt out that first note. So my question is possibly a slightly callous one. Has the data been locked so tight that they will be in FM13 now no matter what?

Surely SI don't know who or how they will be replaced, so leaving them in the game would make more sense than trying to alter all the league rules and promotion issues etc this close to going gold?

I live in truro and it is a shame that the club are in such an abyss. Its due to their chairman bancrupting himself to save his other buisness and being a complete (fill obcesnties here), i took them to champions league final last year so i hope i can try and repeat the feat in this years fm. All their players on twitter are saying they are no club less so i think they have gone now :(

I am sad about this also. I love going down to Cornwall once a year for a short holiday and it is a lovely place. I was hoping 1 day that Truro would reach the Football League just so Cornwall had a team in it. Sadly, that chance has now gone and the only time they managed it was when I was in charge on FM12.

I enjoyed our trip down there and hope they can keep going. In terms of FM, I would assume they will start the season in the release version, not least because if they get a new owner in-game before October they should be able to continue. That said, if they have gone by the time the data is updated, I assume they won't be in FM any more.

Probably Cornwall's best chance of ever reaching league football has gone. Most Cornish were already forced to endure supporting Plymouth, now the rest will likely follow. Poor people.

Truro's last match attracted a crowd of 344, it's not like they were flocking to see them play, and that's with them in serious trouble, probably less people cared as most are making out. I agree it's a shame to see any team fold but it was on the cards as soon as they decided to 'go big', they were never going to attract the crowds which is why Cornwall will never have a league team, harsh I know and I hope I'm wrong because it would be nice to see.

Truro's last match attracted a crowd of 344, it's not like they were flocking to see them play, and that's with them in serious trouble, probably less people cared as most are making out. I agree it's a shame to see any team fold but it was on the cards as soon as they decided to 'go big', they were never going to attract the crowds which is why Cornwall will never have a league team, harsh I know and I hope I'm wrong because it would be nice to see.

I was being a tad sarcastic ;)

That said...

As with most clubs that play in and below the BSP, they never really attract many fans no matter who they are, some of the grounds in the lower leagues are like bomb sites and this coming from a Torquay fan who's stadium isn't exactly the best around. ;)

That said, Cornwall's main sport has always been Rugby and as harsh as it does sound, you're right, Truro were never going to attract any "big" crowds, but still, they would certainly attract much bigger crowds than they did if they had ever made it to league two, and perhaps many of the Cornish fans who support Plymouth might have started attending some Truro games. does not matter now though as it's unlikely they will be having a league team in our life time. (would love to be wrong, having a Cornish team in the league would be great for south west football)

The rumour down here in Cornwall is that there is a investor ready to come in with the 50k needed to stay in the conference south, hopefully this means that they are ready to buy the club and go forward, I have witnessed there heroic rise through the leagues first hand, and it will be so disappointing to see them go out of business...

The rumour down here in Cornwall is that there is a investor ready to come in with the 50k needed to stay in the conference south, hopefully this means that they are ready to buy the club and go forward, I have witnessed there heroic rise through the leagues first hand, and it will be so disappointing to see them go out of business...

Would they not have to sell or release most of the team anyway?

From what I have read the players are on much higher wages than players in that league should be on and they are losing money every week (if)when they pay their wages.

I thought the 50k was just for the travel costs of the teams?

You will know better than me as you are there and I am just reading about it but it does seem that even if they pay the bond they may not have a team to field come match day.

I was being a tad sarcastic ;)

That said...

As with most clubs that play in and below the BSP, they never really attract many fans no matter who they are, some of the grounds in the lower leagues are like bomb sites and this coming from a Torquay fan who's stadium isn't exactly the best around. ;)

That said, Cornwall's main sport has always been Rugby and as harsh as it does sound, you're right, Truro were never going to attract any "big" crowds, but still, they would certainly attract much bigger crowds than they did if they had ever made it to league two, and perhaps many of the Cornish fans who support Plymouth might have started attending some Truro games. does not matter now though as it's unlikely they will be having a league team in our life time. (would love to be wrong, having a Cornish team in the league would be great for south west football)

Agreed that cornwall has a high rugby following, however truro still took just over 20,000 fans to the fa vase final at Wembley a few years back, of which i attended. The fan base is certainly rising and they are a relatively new club so "proper" fans as they have achieved 5 promotions in 7 years. Before that they were playing in local leagues really. The fan base was coming on. The youth in the city and cornwall could of grown up with at least a BSS team on their door step and only decent club for 100 miles im sure they would of pulled the numbers in.

Don't see the issue with FC United of Manchester myself... they were formed in protest to the Glasier's which is perfectly fine... MK Don's however... Moving a club c.100 miles from it's tradtional grounds and then renaming it... plainly WRONG!

I don't see what is fine about forming a new club just because (some of) the fans don't agree with a new owner when he has only just taken over. Besides, it's hardly like Manchester United are any worse off now then before with the Glazers in charge.

I fully sympathise with the fans of the old Wimbledon and have no dislike at all for their fans forming their own club, quite the opposite, I'm glad they took such a stand and did so. They set up their own club in their community when the old one got taken away.

And another thing about FC United... don't they still play in Bury?

I don't see what is fine about forming a new club just because (some of) the fans don't agree with a new owner when he has only just taken over. Besides, it's hardly like Manchester United are any worse off now then before with the Glazers in charge.

I fully sympathise with the fans of the old Wimbledon and have no dislike at all for their fans forming their own club, quite the opposite, I'm glad they took such a stand and did so. They set up their own club in their community when the old one got taken away.

And another thing about FC United... don't they still play in Bury?

I thought the FC United set-up was more to do with the against modern football movement, which was sparked by a the Glazer takeover. The fans anti-Sky, wanting traditional 3pm kick-offs back etc was all part of it.

They do still play at Gigg Lane, however last season they raised enough money to build their own development, which I'm sure work will have started on.

The thing I don't like about FC United of Manchester was why didn't their supporters stop supporting Man Utd and support another local team (Stockport, Altrincham, Salford City, etc.). I think the reason they made their own team was that they were so used to winning and wanted to win every match every week. Which is exactly what they did when they first got into the football pyramid. They outspent all the teams around them and won all the time just like Man Utd did, and as they moved up the leagues, the less frequently they've won, and coincidentally, the lower their attendances have been.

Archived