Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walcott linked with City today in a few papers. I guess he'll be going there if it's true.

Not sure what to think about us signing Walcott. I've never rated him very highly. He's never really improved much as a player, and he'd be on some very high wages, but then again, he's better than Downing. If we got him for 10mill and not on silly wages then I'd say it was a decent signing.

£12m is pretty good value for Walcott. Certainly is a no brainer. He won't be stupid wages either, he plays for Arsenal remember ;)
rumours has it that he is refusing to sign a new contract, since he want 100k a week

£12m is pretty good value for Walcott. Certainly is a no brainer. He won't be stupid wages either, he plays for Arsenal remember ;)

Umm, be good to keep in mind that he's not signing a new deal because he wants a lot more money. It's not as if he's going to Liverpool on similar wages...100k is probably what he thinks he's worth. But yeah, good value etc

AFAIK it's because he's looking for silly wages that he's into the final year of his contract without any sign of it being renewed. He's looking for 100k a week and Arsenal are offering 70k'ish.

i wouldn't read to much into it in re: Enrique, think it's more just about having a different option there. Though Downing definitely has a better delivery, for all his faults last season he did put some great balls into the box, they just weren't converted

i wouldn't read to much into it in re: Enrique, think it's more just about having a different option there. Though Downing definitely has a better delivery, for all his faults last season he did put some great balls into the box, they just weren't converted
he have still notably played Glen Johnson out of position in the early games ahead of Enrique, and now with this suggestion there's atleast enough to go on in order to speculate on it

Possibly the daftest thing I've heard this year.

Not at all. People go on about him like he's aheadless chicken who wouldn't be playing football if it wasnt for his pace. The truth is he's a very good player who has the potential to be an excellent player

Walcott might just be the most under rate player in world football. He'd be a fantastic signing for us

Not really though, he has the ability to be excellent and literally change a match single handedly but those games are so few and far between that he does not warrant 100 000 per week. What he is being offered is closer to what he is really worth.

Not at all. People go on about him like he's aheadless chicken who wouldn't be playing football if it wasnt for his pace. The truth is he's a very good player who has the potential to be an excellent player

People have been saying this since he was 17 but he still hasn't delivered on that potential. Sterling will, so not sure we need Walcott.

Walcott is in his last year of his contract and unhappy so many big names have left including his big pal RVP. Walcott is supposed to be an lfc fan which is why people think he might be interested in coming to us.

I think he wants 100k a week from the reports I have read and if he can't agree new terms with arsenal then they might consider £15 million for him.

We are interested but need to sell as we don't have much money.

Adam to villa/Everton/fulham £5-8 million

Downing to villa £8 million

Carroll to Newcastle £17 million

Spearing to bolton £3 million

All depends if we can get replacements and players agree to moving on

Wonder how much of the above will come off

Walcott is better than we have some would argue Sterling is already better as he has an end product. I agree Wallcott doesnt have end product doesnt score as many as he should but for £12-15 million its a reasonable fee and we wont attract much better with our limited funds and where we are at the moment a mid table side trying to break into the top 4.

Sterling is not already better. He's started 2 first team games for us. If he can get as man goals/assists as Walcott last season then we can talk about his end product being better. 11 goals last year and 13 the year before is damn impressive for someone playing mainly out wide.

Walcott is better than we have some would argue Sterling is already better as he has an end product. I agree Wallcott doesnt have end product doesnt score as many as he should but for £12-15 million its a reasonable fee and we wont attract much better with our limited funds and where we are at the moment a mid table side trying to break into the top 4.

I would still rather have Dempsey for less money.

Sterling would have assists to his name already if players could finish. Sterling cross for Boroni against Man City and Hearts while he came off the bench last season against Wigan and Skrtel missed a sitter so that would have been 3 assists and 1 goal in not even 4 full games.

so would all wingers. Hell Downing could have had 10 assists last years if Carroll converted every decent cross he put on his head. I'm sure Walcott's stats would look a damn more impressive too. Sterling is great, he's fantastic, but to say already that he's better than Walcott is going a little far

edit: i've just noticed you only said his end product is better, though i disagree with that.

If Walcott signs for us people will change there opinion very quickly.

Perhaps it would, perhaps a change of scenery might just be what he needs but I still do not believe he is under-rated. I think people have a very good handle on his potential versus his consistency as a player.

Rogers done well with Scott Sinclair maybe he can do the same with Wallcott. Looking at the players that are available and how much they go for just makes last seasons transfers hurt even more.

We have first option on Sahin and we paid a loan fee of £1.6 million not £2 million or £5 million as some of the rumours suggested.

(To the same tune as Stevie Gerrard is our captain)

Nuri Sahin is from Turkey,

Nuri Sahin is a red,

Nuri Sahin makes a boss kebab,

Wrapped in pitta bread.

der der der der der der der der

We have first option on Sahin and we paid a loan fee of £1.6 million not £2 million or £5 million as some of the rumours suggested.

Nuri Sahin is a red,

Wrapped in pitta bread.

Take your head for a wobble

@liam_tomkins: So #LFC have first refusal on Nuri Sahin should Madrid sell, and the initial loan fee was only £1.6m. Shrewd.

Is he a reliable source? I know nothing about twitter :D

Nuri Sahin is a red,

Wrapped in pitta bread.

Pretty sure this constitutes some mild form of racism unless you have some knowledge of his kebab making skills? :D

And the fact that he was born and grew up in Germany.

Archived