Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suarez' finish is ****ing appauling.

Yeah, he's nowhere near clinical enough for a team with ambitions of breaking the top-4. On another forum I frequent I said a few games after we signed him that I hoped he wouldn't turn into another Dirk Kuyt - i.e. somebody who scored a lot of goals in Dutch football but wasn't ever going to get us 20+ goals in the Premier league. Sadly, whilst he does have some great skill, his decision-making and shooting are pretty rubbish.

I really would love to see us drop Enrique all together and play Kelly at RB with Johnson LB.

I think Kelly is a great young player to come through the ranks in recent years and doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Nah.

Narrows the team and weakens both sides of the defense, daft suggestion

Apart from the fact that on more than one occassion last season, Enrique was at fault for a fair few goals due to his inability to get rid of the ball and/or poor decision making.

DOF dont answer to the manager' date=' it's why many dont want to work under them, it pissed Mourinho off when he was at Chelsea, i think working under Grant.. people thought it was Comoli that bought the players and Dlaglish didn't have a choice, Dalglish said him self in a live interview after Comoli got sacked that he choose what players he wanted and the rest was down to Comoli. If Dalglish had 50 million to spend and he wanted 3 players i dare say he wouldn't of spent 50 mill on 1 player.. The board made the funds available and Comli spent it with or with out Dalglishe's concent.. It's Comoli that has to take the brunt of it as it was his job to negotiate with Newcastle..[/quote']

Rubbish.

Just because someone is DOF doesn't mean they dont communicate at all with the manager.

The issue often arises when the DOF chooses the players and thats not what happened at LFC

Rubbish.

Just because someone is DOF doesn't mean they dont communicate at all with the manager.

The issue often arises when the DOF chooses the players and thats not what happened at LFC

It's all in black and white in here... do some research!!! that is exactly what happend. http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/308371-Director-of-Football-(DOF)-what-does-it-mean-and-how-does-it-work

Its just some blokes opinion about how a DoF works' date=' no more valid than mine.

and a quote from your link:

He will negotiate the deal and the manager is likely to be in attendance during the final stage of signing the deal off

way to undermine your own argument

Agreed, but you get him to cut the mistakes rather than unbalance the side

I dont think it unbalances the side as Johnson is just as competent on his left foot than his right.

erm, yes it does and no he isnt.

I never said as strong, I said competent. In other words he is comfortable.

Sky Sports understands Liverpool are lining up a move for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge before Friday's transfer deadline.

As long as we dont pay around the reported £15m.

Its just some blokes opinion about how a DoF works, no more valid than mine.

and a quote from your link:

way to undermine your own argument

It's what a DOf does. google it your self, there are plenty of Files to read based on what a DOF role is with a club. No one out side of LFc will ever know the truth but far as i am concerned from what iv heard with in the club, Comoli was responsible for the sums payed for player and that comes from Dalglish him self >>>>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9199540/Liverpool-Director-of-Football-Damien-Comolli-sacked-as-owners-react-to-failed-transfers-and-desperate-run-of-results.html

It's what a DOf does. google it your self' date=' there are plenty of Files to read based on what a DOF role is with a club. No one out side of LFc will ever know the truth but far as i am concerned from what iv heard with in the club, Comoli was responsible for the sums payed for player and that comes from Dalglish him self >>>>[url']http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9199540/Liverpool-Director-of-Football-Damien-Comolli-sacked-as-owners-react-to-failed-transfers-and-desperate-run-of-results.html[/url]

Not all DOF work in the same way, there is the Barca approach which is more collaborative and then the situation where the DOF just goes and buys the players in isolation.

Archived