Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

I'm not saying he isnt a great player' date=' he is just anoying me with the amount of chances he squanders.. 2 in 2 is good but arguably he could of had 4 or 5 from the last 3 games.. which is why id rather have suarez cutting in from wide and have someone else as main striker..[/quote']

You wanted to sell him a few posts ago, now you want him out wide. Make up your mind!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so then surely bringing someone else in is good?

Basically I think BR has an idea of how many games he wants Sterling to play, bringing others in isn't about him being pushed down the pecking order. He will get plenty of chances to play because BR wants to play him, and will also be brought in slowly because that's what BR wants. REally don't get what the issue is here.

I never said it wasn't good. I was simply stating the fact that he won't be used nearly as much if we sign two more forwards. There is no issue here, from me, and I have no idea why people read into thing's that just aren't there. Seems like the issue here is people trying to argue about daft things.

I said Raheem will be pushed down the pecking order, and he will. He won't be first choice anymore. If we play a cup final he won't be part of that front three if everybody is fit, will he? That's being pushed down the pecking order. Or does that not happen at our club? Do we not have first, second and third choice players?

How is this even up for debate? Ridiculous.

its up for debate because you are talking about pecking order. there is a difference between playing less games because there is more competition and doing it because you are down the pecking order as you note, and I don't see why Sterling wouldn't be playing in a cup final just because we might bring Sturridge and Dempsey in. He's already proved he can hack it at the top against City

Please no more stupid panic buys, all this talk of sign this guy and sign this guy, havent we learnt any lessons?

Massive rebuilding job has been undertaken, would rather see us not go crazy, save on wages and get some money in the coffers for Rodgers to use come Xmas or at the end of the season.

Happy at the players that have left (loan or otherwise), still a few at the club need to buck up their ideas or be shown the door at a later date.

The owners know the size of the job at hand, so does Rodgers, i hope most fans know this too.

Sturridge on loan sounds good.

Demspey attitude in trying to get move worries me a little.

Walcott only has pace, nothing else. And he wants £100k a week? For what? Pace?

Only Sturridge on loan please.

You wanted to sell him a few posts ago, now you want him out wide. Make up your mind!

i said sell him to replace him with aProlific Scorer. the only reason i said sell him was to raise the cash because we havn't got any spare. some times you can sell a player for 25 mill and if you do your scouting you can improve the squad.. Spurs are going to do it in selling Moderic by brining in Moutinho and Moussa Dembely..

Or the other option stop using him as our main striker and put somone there that has a better converstion to shot ratio.. If Reina made 10 world class saves per game but let in 3 goals would you say, he saved 10 shots so he is world class.? the chances Suarez misses at times are mind boggling. if he scored 17 last year, we want to finish higher up and closer to 4th he needs to improve simple as that...

I'm not saying he isnt a great player' date=' he is just anoying me with the amount of chances he squanders.. 2 in 2 is good but arguably he could of had 4 or 5 from the last 3 games.. which is why id rather have suarez cutting in from wide and have someone else as main striker..[/quote']

I think your going to be disappointed if you ever expect us to sign a player that scores 4 or 5 every 3 games :)

I think your going to be disappointed if you ever expect us to sign a player that scores 4 or 5 every 3 games :)

Not every 3 games, the chances he's missed were worthy of goals and could very easily be 4 or 5 goals from first 3 games. 2 in 2 is good but he must of had 15 shots.. more clinical finishing is needed. has every one forgot how we hit the woodwork over 30 times last season and couldnt win games that we dominated and had more possesion and shots? we cant afford the same out come this season or come the end people will be slating Rodgers..

You only got to look at Arsenal, they are struggling to score yet playing well. with RVP gone they need a striker too..

dont get me wrong, i like Suarez, i just want him to score more of his good chances..

if spurs end up with dembele, moutinho, lloris and lorente today that would be truly scary and even avb couldnt **** up a CL spot with them additions.

...and we're trying to get a few loans in and expecting to challenge the top 4 :facepalm:

i heard one person say Spurs will definately not be getting lorente..

...and we're trying to get a few loans in and expecting to challenge the top 4 :facepalm:

No honest 'Pool fan is expecting us to challenge for the top four season. An optimistic or a delusional fan expects us to challenge for a top four place this season.

Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea nailed on for top 3 spots. Arsenal and Tottenham already had better squads than us. Not a great deal has changed. We are lucky Newcastle havent gone mental in the transfer market otherwise they would be miles in front of us too.

We are skint. Simple as. No money to spend just yet.

So LFC no longer have a pecking order, we just rotate :D

And Raheem is first choice :rolleyes:

who is third in the Sahin, Lucas, Allen pecking order?

Raheem would be in the first xi based on the few games we've had so far this season. He's not automatically gonna lose that spot just because Dempsey and Sturridge come in, it would be based on performance. If he performs better than Sturridge and Borini over the course of the season then why wouldnt he play in a cupfinal?

No honest 'Pool fan is expecting us to challenge for the top four season. An optimistic or a delusional fan expects us to challenge for a top four place this season.

Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea nailed on for top 3 spots. Arsenal and Tottenham already had better squads than us. Not a great deal has changed. We are lucky Newcastle havent gone mental in the transfer market otherwise they would be miles in front of us too.

We are skint. Simple as. No money to spend just yet.

Challenging Spurs and Arsenal is by no means out of the question. I dont think we'll get top 4 this season but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we did or were only a few pts off come the ened of the season

Not every 3 games' date=' the chances he's missed were worthy of goals and could very easily be 4 or 5 goals from first 3 games. 2 in 2 is good but he must of had 15 shots.. more clinical finishing is needed. has every one forgot how we hit the woodwork over 30 times last season and couldnt win games that we dominated and had more possesion and shots? we cant afford the same out come this season or come the end people will be slating Rodgers..

You only got to look at Arsenal, they are struggling to score yet playing well. with RVP gone they need a striker too..

dont get me wrong, i like Suarez, i just want him to score more of his good chances..[/quote']

But the role that Suarez plays is a 9 and a half role. You need that player to be creative and comfortable in the link-up play. Who is this player than is as creative as Suarez, drops in and links up the play up, works as hard as he does, moves as well as he does but is a better finisher? And how do we get him for £25m? And how do we convince him to come to a non-CL club?

It's not a poacher role. We can't just move Suarez wide and get someone in on the cheap who is a limited player but decent goalscorer, like Defoe, because it doesn't fit the system. It's one less player available to play possession football with.

But the role that Suarez plays is a 9 and a half role. You need that player to be creative and comfortable in the link-up play. Who is this player than is as creative as Suarez, drops in and links up the play up, works as hard as he does, moves as well as he does but is a better finisher? And how do we get him for £25m? And how do we convince him to come to a non-CL club?

It's not a poacher role. We can't just move Suarez wide and get someone in on the cheap who is a limited player but decent goalscorer, like Defoe, because it doesn't fit the system. It's one less player available to play possession football with.

that is probably true. it just anoys the hell out of me to see so many good chances go begging and then we end up losing or drawing. maybe we need a free scroing wide player to chip in instead..? BORINI hasnt set the world on fire just yet.. will Sturidge, Walcott or Dempsey?

Challenging Spurs and Arsenal is by no means out of the question. I dont think we'll get top 4 this season but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we did or were only a few pts off come the ened of the season

sorry, should have quoted it like this;

Hoping that Downing and Henderson find some form and the new players coming in and hitting the ground running.

Anything can happen but thats a big ask. Reina's form is a big worry, has been for a while now.

yes i agree, ive already said a few times i expect to finish no higher than 6th but it is LFC's ambition to challenge top 4 when quite clearly we'd need a miracle to do that at this moment in time.

sturridge, walcott and dempsey (yes all 3) would raise hopes no doubt and i'd start to believe we could but as it stands we're gonna struggle again.

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur have both lodged deadline day bids for Clint Dempsey.

I understand that Sky Sports often talk ****, but I believe you :brock:

Archived