Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Yep you are guessing and you have disregarded the fact that the wages that we have shed are thought to be around £24 million per year which is about 460k per week. There is now we are paying any where near that for the players we have signed.

Its not just about money received in fees.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep you are guessing and you have disregarded the fact that the wages that we have shed are thought to be around £24 million per year which is about 460k per week. There is now we are paying any where near that for the players we have signed.

Its not just about money received in fees.

I wouldnt even want to hazard a guess at wages. My post was based solely off transfer fee's.

Heh :D

Obviously i'd have preferred Moutinho, but we got Dembele and Dempsey will be a really useful signing to us if he comes. We needed experience and 10 goals now that our Raf has gone :(

What's weird about Spurs is it seems Levy is the one deciding who comes into the club rather than the manager. In saying that I think Dembele and Dempsey are two great signings, they live in London and have obviously played in the premiership so they should fit in instantly and do really well. Good business imo.

What's weird about Spurs is it seems Levy is the one deciding who comes into the club rather than the manager. In saying that I think Dembele and Dempsey are two great signings, they live in London and have obviously played in the premiership so they should fit in instantly and do really well. Good business imo.

Sigurdsson and Vertonghen seem that way, yes. Adebayor just made obvious sense, whilst Dembele, Lloris and Dempsey are obviously AVB approved. But yes, Vertonghen was certainly being trailed for a long time. As is Damiao.

embarrassing post

Why? We have off loaded a lot of wages.. got some transfer fees.. got new sponsors etc.

These owners are not taking us anywhere other to become new Aston Villa.. sad but true.

So, it is embarrasing to actually hope that we start climbing up and showing ambition? Not in my books.

Thankfully I'am old enough to remember the good old days... they are distant memory though nowdays.

I would like to know what FSG's plans for the club are and how they expect us to get anywhere near the top four without some sort of financial support.

Its like running from one end of the ship to the other, we spent recklessly last year and are doing the extreme opposite this year, some middle ground would be nice.

And thats the flaw...........

You are making a judgement without taking into account the full picture.

The original post asked about net transfer spend which is what I replied too.

Why? We have off loaded a lot of wages.. got some transfer fees.. got new sponsors etc.

These owners are not taking us anywhere other to become new Aston Villa.. sad but true.

So, it is embarrasing to actually hope that we start climbing up and showing ambition? Not in my books.

Thankfully I'am old enough to remember the good old days... they are distant memory though nowdays.

I dont know where you get the nerve to slag off the current owners who are still shoveling the **** off the floor from our previous owners. They are trying to do everything right to make the club solid and I dont blame them for being apprehensive about spending money. Yeah, £3m extra on Dempsey doesnt seem much but they are still going about things the right way.

I dont know where you get the nerve to slag off the current owners who are still shoveling the **** off the floor from our previous owners. They are trying to do everything right to make the club solid and I dont blame them for being apprehensive about spending money. Yeah, £3m extra on Dempsey doesnt seem much but they are still going about things the right way.

Rubbish.

If that where the case they wouldnt have shot their load last year on a load of overrated, over priced dross, if it was such a dire situation there is no way that they could have spent like they did last summer.

I agree. We spent awfully last year and wasted a huge amount of money, no wonder the owners are more cautious this year. People need to calm down and look at the big picture, at least to me this shows that Liverpool won't be pushed around in terms of transfers. We have been overpaying for players for years and it's about time someone got a grip of the situation and said no we're not paying that much. There are plenty of other players around, and someone like Dempsey isn't exactly a world beater like Messi is he.

I agree. We spent awfully last year and wasted a huge amount of money, no wonder the owners are more cautious this year. People need to calm down and look at the big picture, at least to me this shows that Liverpool won't be pushed around in terms of transfers. We have been overpaying for players for years and it's about time someone got a grip of the situation and said no we're not paying that much. There are plenty of other players around, and someone like Dempsey isn't exactly a world beater like Messi is he.

Unless Messi is available for £6 million thats a mighty stupid post.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/liverpool-transfers.htm

Net spend of around £50m since taking over and £150m made available to spend most of it on complete dross as I said its nonsense to suggest they have brought nothing to the table.

Not really if we don't have the money we don't have the money, it's as simple as that. Crying about it 'oh it's only 2/3 million' isn't going to change anything, we have a budget and for once have decided to stick to it. I would have liked Dempsey as a stopgap player for the next few years but it's not the end of the world. Hopefully we will see some more of the youngsters including that young German/Turk we signed.

Tbh I'm gobsmacked we haven't brought anybody in, especially because of the amount of wages we off loaded and how thin our squad is. I'd say we're absolutely screwed, and that's even before a forward gets injured.

It's well and good saying we off loaded whoever, but if you don't replace them how the feck are you supposed to play 60 odd games with no squad?

Bring Carrol and Adam back! I'm not even joking.

yeah, whatever.........

I think your comments in general tonight have been the height of stupidity.

The club generated that £50m net though based on operating profit.

The problem is the off balance sheet debt to the owners of £230m which is what they purchased the club with. They won't invest, because they are already quarter of a billion pound deep and they probably haven't got deep enough pockets to make it worthwhile anyway.

The club generated that £50m net though based on operating profit.

The problem is the off balance sheet debt to the owners of £230m which is what they purchased the club with. They won't invest, because they are already quarter of a billion pound deep and they probably haven't got deep enough pockets to make it worthwhile anyway.

So where does that leave the club?

Works out around 10 million spent per transfer window.

Yet people are whinging when we havent spent but we spent £20m on Aquilani despite being injured :rolleyes:. I dont blame the owners for not wanting to waste more money.

Net spend of around £50m since taking over and £150m made available to spend most of it on complete dross as I said its nonsense to suggest they have brought nothing to the table.

Yeah you're wasting your time using any type of logic with this guy, they havent made us #1 team in the league so they're automatically filthy Yanks. BRING BACK MOORES is probably his next post.

So where does that leave the club?

Treading water, until will can get someone to buy naming rights to finance our stadium build (and obviously decide on new stadium/redevelopment). The when that's built, we can tread water some more whilst we reduce the stadium debt (unless we do some other commercial stuff around the build such as hotels, houses and so on).

Then when the debt is down to manageable level, we can splurge our extra profit on transfer to our hearts content.

Let's hope Brendan Rodgers can be our Arsene Wenger for a the next 10-15 years I guess.

Yeah you're wasting your time using any type of logic with this guy, they havent made us #1 team in the league so they're automatically filthy Yanks. BRING BACK MOORES is probably his next post.

To be fair, if he didnt sell to Hicks & Gillett, we wouldnt be in such a **** situation.

That does not count the wages we have cut off.. the net spend is nowhere near 50m... that is transfer fees.. which were mostly wasted on 2nd grade players.

Oh well...

hah.. well it ain't and good to see you have settled into mediocre ambitions. At least you are happy than :)

To be fair, if he didnt sell to Hicks & Gillett, we wouldnt be in such a **** situation.

Maybe he should have used his future seeing skills to tell us to sign Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Ronaldo too.

They say they have an option to buy. No idea for how much and on what conditions though.

It's now an option to buy, (like you I don't know fee, etc), rather than what it was before where they would had to have signed him permanently if they stay up.

Treading water, until will can get someone to buy naming rights to finance our stadium build (and obviously decide on new stadium/redevelopment). The when that's built, we can tread water some more whilst we reduce the stadium debt (unless we do some other commercial stuff around the build such as hotels, houses and so on).

Then when the debt is down to manageable level, we can splurge our extra profit on transfer to our hearts content.

Let's hope Brendan Rodgers can be our Arsene Wenger for a the next 10-15 years I guess.

Bleak. And it all seemed to be going so well.

Think I've had enough of football.

Maybe he should have used his future seeing skills to tell us to sign Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Ronaldo too.

A typical over the top post!!!

He sold on a lie which is a massive shame. Just because I didnt put a smiley doesnt mean I was 100% serious.

the owners got conned into massively overspending by a manager who hadn't been tenured here for very long and thought he could buy his way back into the top-4 in one go.

BUT WHY WON'T THEY DO IT AGAIN?

added borini, sahin, assaidi and allen. signed skrtel, agger and suarez to extensions. the prudent play is to let this squad adapt to br's tactics, see where they are in january, and address real needs then rather than imagined needs now.

the owners got conned into massively overspending by a manager who hadn't been tenured here for very long and thought he could buy his way back into the top-4 in one go.

added borini, sahin, assaidi and allen. signed skrtel, agger and suarez to extensions. the prudent play is to let this squad adapt to br's tactics, see where they are in january, and address real needs then rather than imagined needs now.

That would mean using common sense and actually using your brain and thinking though :rolleyes:

The last thing the should be doing is a January splurge. That's when silly money gets thrown about and we should stay well out of it after the last time we dabbled.

I am so gutted and angry with FSG. I put money into the club in the hope the club use it to compete like other fans do. I bought 2 shirts £60 each a season ticket auto cup scheme for all 3 cups and go away games. How the hell can Southampton, Stoke etc spend more than us with smaller stadiums smaller fan base less sponsorship money and less money from sky?

Letting a striker go meaning we have Boroni and Suarez and an 18 year old as back up. Liverpool have a right back and a left sided midfielder as cover for left back while in centre of the park if Gerrard or Sahin get injured while Lucas is out we have Henderson as back up and Joe Cole.

FSG Tom Warner said we can compete with any club financially yet we couldnt afford 500k to get Dempsey. We come not to play bloody got that right we come to take money not to play or compete. Sorry for the rant but I love football after working 5 days a work football on a Saturday is what I look forward to and thinking positive ahead and then you find out you cant compete financially with Stoke, QPR etc so just breaks my heart.

I am going to cancel my auto cup scheme ticket and refuse to spend a penny at the ground or store again until FSG go as I pay to help the club to compete not for the owners to pocket the money.

One of the biggest sponsership deals in english history

one of the biggest fan bases in the world

Small net spend

No news on a stadium or increasing capacity

One of the smallest squads in the premiership

Where is the money going?

Archived