Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walcott does want wages which Arsenal believe are commensurate with his performance if you are to believe certain quite well informed people on twitter. There are multiple other factors such as our lack of movement on our side on giving him a new deal, the RVP issue and possibly not playing up front

BBC Sport suggesting that Newcastle will come back with an improved offer for Carroll. I see no reason why we should loan him to them, right now they are a rival club and we should not be doing them any favours at all.

The only deal that is acceptable would have to involve one of their players coming our way in exchange (Cisse, Ba, Cabaye or Tiote would be ok).

I can't believe they offered to loan him and pay part of his wages with a future fee of £17m (as somebody quoted earlier). That would essentially mean that we had payed a fee of £18m to loan him for the last 18 months, then on his return to Newcastle we carry on paying some of his wages for another season. What a joke.

Ha, he wasn't even the worst signing made by us in the last 2 years. Joe (already cost us 14 million for F-all) Cole and Downing would probably rank above him.

I'd still keep him for another year, He has SOMETHING it might not be 35 million quids worth of something but at least its there, writing it off now would be a waste and the risk of his value dropping further doesn't out weigh what we would get back now.

It looks like Carroll has travelled to America, so at least Brendan will have a look at him before deciding.

Any friendlies being shown on LFC TV?

Spurs and Roma games are on ESPN live while all pre-season games will be shown on LFC TV delayed coverage.

Its a shame that things havent worked out for Carroll, but if Rodgers doesnt feel like he fits into the system then its his decision. I wish things could have worked out for the big man, I honestly do, but Rodgers shouldnt have to try and force him into the side just because there is pressure on him to do so.

Carroll has no future with us. Worst signing by any club ever. Get rid and move on, and close this whole sorry chapter in this clubs history.

Massive overstatement or what!!!

Its a shame that things havent worked out for Carroll, but if Rodgers doesnt feel like he fits into the system then its his decision. I wish things could have worked out for the big man, I honestly do, but Rodgers shouldnt have to try and force him into the side just because there is pressure on him to do so.

He doesn't have to force him in the team. But he could keep him for a year and see how things turn out. He's making a massive decision.

He doesn't have to force him in the team. But he could keep him for a year and see how things turn out. He's making a massive decision.

He is yeah, Im not going to disagree with you at all. I suspect that is why he is taking him to America to see how things go. You never know, it might be something which works out.

Oh the stick I got in here when we bought Carroll for being negative about him :D

Such as? Don't remember anyone being supportive of the fee we paid for him, and don't remember anyone being that jubilant about his signing. Had a quick look and the only thing I can see you saying about him when we bought him is trying to justify his price by comparing his goal record to Rooneys.

In reality the cost of carroll at 35-mill shouldn't be throwed apoun really, we as a club have only spent 20-mill on players in past 5 season's when you put that against ourincoming transfer fees..

Aqua man at 18 million which has hardly played, the wages of Cole who hasn't made an impact and never will at his age.. baring all that in mind, unless BR knows a player that can come in and definately turn out better performances and aid the way we will play next year i think Carroll is worth keeping..

i think we have wasted more money on wages for mediocra players than we've spent on fee's...

Such as? Don't remember anyone being supportive of the fee we paid for him, and don't remember anyone being that jubilant about his signing. Had a quick look and the only thing I can see you saying about him when we bought him is trying to justify his price by comparing his goal record to Rooneys.

When we signed Carrol his stats at that time made him the most prolific striker in the league, he had more goals per minutes ration, more assists, less shots with a higher goal return etc.. was it some smart arse on a computer that advised Kenny to sign him for 35_mill??

Looks like we're after Joe Allen. I'll be all over that.

This is bollocks surely. There is meant to be an agreement between the clubs unless Swansea actually want to sell.

It was at the end of the season rather than at the time of purchase. Me and Inspidus basically fighting against everyone who was defending Carroll.

Ben in particular went off on one after I referred to him as Crouch with a mullet, because Kenny isn't daft enough to buy a plan b battering ram, he doesn't play that way.

also, a quality post from SSN at about the same point in the thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213454-Liverpool-Thread-2010-11?p=6829897&viewfull=1#post6829897

the major reason i think that people want carroll given a chance is because of the possible loss we make on him.

if br doesn't feel the style of play suites carroll, then it does no one any favours to be keeping him.

a part of me wants to keep him hoping what we started to see near the back end of last season was the start of something. what happens if it was a blip and playing in a team where the style doesn't suit him only further drives his price down? these are such unknowns that if we can get our target price, we should cut our losses.

I'm gutted I wont get to see reina and suarez play in Toronto this week :( but at the same time excited to see Gerrard. Im 4 rows behind the Liverpool bench. anyone been to these preseason frendlies before? How friendly are the players? lol Like if I yell at Gerrard will he come over and sign my shirt? Obviously not come off the pitch lol but if hes sitting on the bench. What do you guys think?

I'm gutted I wont get to see reina and suarez play in Toronto this week :( but at the same time excited to see Gerrard. Im 4 rows behind the Liverpool bench. anyone been to these preseason frendlies before? How friendly are the players? lol Like if I yell at Gerrard will he come over and sign my shirt? Obviously not come off the pitch lol but if hes sitting on the bench. What do you guys think?

Why aren't you supporting Toronto?

If you are from Toronto I don't get why you wouldn't support them.

I just told you why. Why would I jump ship from a club ive loved since I was a little kid to a club that just formed only because I live near it? Sorry but the heart chooses the club I support not geography.

Archived