Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even my mum asked why Essien looked so slow. "He used to be quite fast didn't he?", when he was chasing Barton near the end. Not a good sign.

Hutch. :thup:

This was the most depressing thing I've seen in a while, the way Barton absolutely put the burners on Essien just left me feeling so sad as to see how a once great player has deteriorated this much. I was actually defending him in the early stages of his comback from injury, as in I thought he just needs the game time as he's been through 2 serious injuries recently but it's startling how his athleticism and legs have just disappeared. If anyone comes with a £15m bid for him in the summer, I'd take it in a heartbeat (especially as he's 29)

I think if he can adapt his game so that the athleticism isn't its focal point anymore, he could still come back. His technical skills were always underappreciated.

All he needs to do is become Lampard. Shouldn't be too hard. :p

He offers no more to the team than Romeu, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires or Meireles and on that judgment if a team were willing to buy him for a good price (his reputation will still get him a good offer) I would sell him, and that's a sentence I never thought I'd say, believe me.

Mata's got the most assists in the Prem this season, doesn't he? :cool: The people who decided to omit him from either POTY shortlist should be disgraced with themselves.

This was the most depressing thing I've seen in a while, the way Barton absolutely put the burners on Essien just left me feeling so sad as to see how a once great player has deteriorated this much. I was actually defending him in the early stages of his comback from injury, as in I thought he just needs the game time as he's been through 2 serious injuries recently but it's startling how his athleticism and legs have just disappeared. If anyone comes with a £15m bid for him in the summer, I'd take it in a heartbeat (especially as he's 29)

Incredibly unlikely. I'd say 3 - 4m tops.

I think if he can adapt his game so that the athleticism isn't its focal point anymore, he could still come back. His technical skills were always underappreciated.

All he needs to do is become Lampard. Shouldn't be too hard. :p

Lampard would have a slight burst of acceleration to get himself into the final 15 yards. Essien now has one speed and that's it. Like a BMX.

i think essien still has a future tbh as i can see him turning into a makelele type player as he still has the game and attributes to do that he just needs to realise that he needs to adapt his game i think we give him 1 more season i think a full pre season could be the key here

Was it not at the start of this season, or last January, when there were rumours about how AC wanted him for like 20M Euros. I am definitely sure that if we send hints around that we're intersted in selling him, his reputation and the belief that he could do a job for another club could make it relatively easy for us to sell him for £10-15M, which I'd take.

Oh, and anyone got tickets to the final? How much were they? I'm asking because a mate of mine is planning on getting two off of a ST holder, hence wondering what a reasonable price would be.

Was it not at the start of this season, or last January, when there were rumours about how AC wanted him for like 20M Euros. I am definitely sure that if we send hints around that we're intersted in selling him, his reputation and the belief that he could do a job for another club could make it relatively easy for us to sell him for £10-15M, which I'd take.

Oh, and anyone got tickets to the final? How much were they? I'm asking because a mate of mine is planning on getting two off of a ST holder, hence wondering what a reasonable price would be.

82 Loyalty Points Required for the first lot on sale Thursday... I have 81 :(

82 Loyalty Points Required for the first lot on sale Thursday... I have 81 :(
I would be MAD in your situation, missing out by 1 loyalty point too :(

---

Is £100 a reasonable price for the Final? I'm guessing it's around £60-80 directly from the ticket office (depending on seats). Tbh, I can see Newcastle getting at least a point against City (I have it down as a draw) but I don't think that should be an issue at all as the main goal is to beat them as then it's all in our hands

EDIT- Saw bridgekings' post, £100 sounds awesome :cool:

I would be MAD in your situation, missing out by 1 loyalty point too :(

---

Is £100 a reasonable price for the Final? I'm guessing it's around £60-80 directly from the ticket office (depending on seats). Tbh, I can see Newcastle getting at least a point against City (I have it down as a draw) but I don't think that should be an issue at all as the main goal is to beat them as then it's all in our hands

Agree we have to beat them and we'll be fine. A loss obviously puts us out, but they could play for the draw.

Archived