Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just hope we can persuade the CPO then. I would hope they can convince them as it's an exciting looking project. Would love to see what their design ideas would be if we did manage to get it. Considering I know little about London in terms of Boroughs etc but am I right in thinking Chelsea in terms of the club and ground are actually in Fulham? So where technically would we be classed as being if we moved to the Battersea site?

Also excitement is building for tomorrow. The Final has sort of snuck up out of nowhere and it hasn't quite registered yet how big a game it is tomorrow.

Let's just hope we can persuade the CPO then. I would hope they can convince them as it's an exciting looking project. Would love to see what their design ideas would be if we did manage to get it. Considering I know little about London in terms of Boroughs etc but am I right in thinking Chelsea in terms of the club and ground are actually in Fulham? So where technically would we be classed as being if we moved to the Battersea site?

Also excitement is building for tomorrow. The Final has sort of snuck up out of nowhere and it hasn't quite registered yet how big a game it is tomorrow.

Technically we're in the Hammersmith and Fulham borough (there's the sign saying 'Welcome to Hammersmith and Fulham' just before you enter the Bridge from the King's Road side of things iirc) and yeah, if this goes ahead we'd be moving to Battersea :cool: - I'm assuming we don't have to change the name of our club?

West London Blue.

Loved the way the Japanese commentator pronounces it in WE.

Hasn't the attempted buyback from CPO failed once? Narrowly, I recall. You believe once the new Chelsea PowerStation is acquired a renewed attempt will succeed? I certainly hope so.

That would be a great team and tbf it doesn't matter about the league really now as it's pretty much gone. You know all the managers in relegation say we have two cup finals coming up, talking about the final 2 games? We actually do have 2 cup finals :D

I maybe would like to see Torres starting. Drogba hasn't played much though in the last 2 games but I thought Torres was looking good against Newcastle especially in the first 20 mins, sort of petered out as we did but still. Maybe him to come on later in the game if it is close. This status is from a Liverpool fans I know - 'Another cup final day... Time to make more history against the club that hasn't got any!' - I don't usually rise to stuff like this on Facebook but I might have to. Just grates me when people use this history argument it means nothing. That's the thing about today for me I want to win the FA Cup but I almost as much want to beat Liverpool to it.

Drogba and Torres have never really been able to hit it off though as a partnership. Saying that though I do think we should give it a try in our last 2 league games to see if it can work. Against Newcastle it was more of a hit and hope option and in previous games one or both has been out of form. Now they both seem to be in good form it would be nice to see RDM try it. Realistically we are out of the PL 4th race, therefore we should use Liverpool away and Blackburn at home to test various things for the final. Imo if the defence of Bossy - Cahill - Luiz - Cole is fit by then, then I think we should use them as that is the best defence we can have for the final.

• Administrators

Hasn't the attempted buyback from CPO failed once? Narrowly, I recall. You believe once the new Chelsea PowerStation is acquired a renewed attempt will succeed? I certainly hope so.

I think the majority of shareholders will support the 'right' move, but they voted No in October because there was no reason to hand over their rights; the club had no formative plans, location, anything. Once there's a plan in place, they'll be amicable.

Love the FA Cup. There's something about it, I really do love winning it. Maybe it's because we won it a few times when I was young and falling in love with the club, I don't know. I was just short of 8 when we won it in '97, so that and 2000 are two of my strongest early experiences with the club.

Happy for Rambo scoring too, he deserves it for his efforts this season.

:D Mikel chasing Kalou :D

Think that was because while Mikel did a slide onto his back someone slid in behind him and planted studs into his shoulders (accidentally). Couldn't see who it was, but I think Essien came up to him and told him it was Kalou. :D

Great win and even better that it was against Liverpool. Everyone had a pretty decent game and I did think Drogba and Mata plus Ramires played very well. Defence was good and I thought for the first 60 mins we were much better than them. Afterwards we were done over a little bit but we defended well and I am so glad we could hold on. Bring on the Champions League. Come on you Blues.

The Iberians -

303318_453056498044205_123613977655127_87734010_2039958096_n.jpg

5ed02455c0d4610b2bf0f1ac50dc25c8-getty-510719367.jpg

Portugeezers :cool:

(Meireles' sly attempt to coverup his horrific hair :D)

Think he should lend Torres his hat as he needs it more.

Great performance, two brilliantly taken goals and a well organised defence (even Bosingwa was ok first half). If we play like that in Munich I'll be happy.

Archived