The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm back \0/

malky's a bit of a don. fist pumping the fans after a win at Oxford :*)

Today was great, some fantastic fluid attacking play 1st half which is hard to believe with how many new signings we have.

reckon we have a good shout at the play offs if we add 2 or 3 good players.

I was going through the posts I've missed and spotted this "gem":

This west ham team should get 100 points. Best team in this Division since Fulham? Man City? It's probably better than them tbf

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is why Dave Kitson is playing badly for you' date=' it's revenge for you not respecting his achievements and instead praising mediocre sides to win promotion like Fulham, Man City and now this West Ham side.

[img']http://www.readingfc.co.uk/javaImages/fc/72/0,,10306%7E3306236,00.jpg[/img]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]

Meh Kitson can gtfo we have Benjani now :cool:

This.

He will never succeed at this club under Steve Cotterill because he won't be played with a partner and he can't play upfront on his own at all. If we persist in playing this 433 then Benjani is the ideal striker, even if his work rate has dropped off his runs are clever and he can hold the ball up brilliantly.

Very pleased with our result on Saturday v Leicester. I wasn't too hopeful before the game but from what I've read/heard we were the better side in the first half. I must admit I'm glad Mills is having a torrid time after selling out.

Bring on Pompey on Tuesday - I'm making the trip down and so I'm looking forward to it.

Cant wait for tomorrow. 3-0 and top of the league please.

F***ing Maynard.

In all seriousness though, that was one of the best team performances I've seen in a long time. Cowie and McNaughton didn't stop running, Whittingham's passing was brilliant, the center backs looked solid, could go on for every player.

Mason looks superb when running at players. Mackay is playing him perfectly in the area behind Miller/Earnie, where he has more time on the ball.

Hard to judge where we'll end up in the league after that game though, as Bristol were terrible. Can see them going down. Big test Wednesday against Brighton.

Very pleased with our result on Saturday v Leicester. I wasn't too hopeful before the game but from what I've read/heard we were the better side in the first half. I must admit I'm glad Mills is having a torrid time after selling out.

Bring on Pompey on Tuesday - I'm making the trip down and so I'm looking forward to it.

You will stuff us, come to the pub.

Spurs striker Robbie Keane joins MLS side LA Galaxy

Page last updated at 17:56 GMT, Monday, 15 August 2011 18:56 UK

E-mail this to a friendPrintable version

Keane joins the likes of David Beckham and Thierry Henry in the MLS.

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for an undisclosed fee.

Keane, who had also been linked with Leicester City, said he was "honoured, delighted and very excited" to be joining the American side.

Details of the transfer fee and length of contract have not been announced, but it is reported to be a £3.5m deal.

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.

KEANE'S CLUBS

Continue reading the main story

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Coventry City

Inter Milan

Leeds United

Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool

Tottenham Hotspur

Celtic (loan)

West Ham United (loan)

LA Galaxy

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell at the club between 2002 and 2008, scoring 107 goals.

He moved to Liverpool in July 2008 but spent only six months at Anfield before returning to White Hart Lane.

However he failed to hold down a regular first-team place, amid competition from Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Rafael van der Vaart and Peter Crouch.

Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena said: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club.

"I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer."

A statement on the Spurs website said: "The club can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane.

"We wish him all the best for the future."

Meh, close enough.

Rumours from West Ham that Zavon Hines is close to signing for Burnley as he is out of contract, I think West Ham will receive some sort of fee as he is 22. Reserve team player Cristian Montano has said good luck to Zavon Hines on his move to Burnley so it should be confirmed soon.

Keogh isn't good enough for Leeds.

Hearing Maynard may be off to Newcastle (post this in 3 threads now) :(

Thought Keogh is a decent championship striker? I'd assume he's just filling in for the time being anyway. We only have one striker atm so we're kind of desperate.

I don't think we're after them unfortunately, as much as I would love both of them at the club. Their high wages along with the fact we have seven other strikers means, I don't think we'll be after them. Unless McGoldrick, Tudgay and Garner are all going to be sold. If so then I think we'll go after them. If we did get rid of those three, where would they go?

Archived