The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

garner is good too, though maye not fitting into our system, tudgay will be, what, 6th choice when dex is fit, behind miller, derbyshire, findlay, dex and garner, not many championship teams will even have a 6th choice striker :D Rob reckons McGoldrick might be going out on loan and even so, out and out striker isnt his best position

I don't get what's happened to Tudgay?! I always thought he was decent when he was at Sheff W

Scored something like 5 goals in 5 games when he joined in Decemeber iirc. Including 2 against D***y. Done buggar all really since then. Works hard for the team though.

The Football League's "team of the week" really is a nonsense...

ixfp4x.png

They think Dan Seaborne is a right midfielder, when he is a left footed centre back.

"I can't think of a left back."

"Who's that one who scores free kicks?"

"Ian Harte?"

"Yeah, put him. Even if he didn't score or defend especially well."

Roy Beerens turned down us and Wigan to join AZ :(. Don't know who he is except it says he's a winger.

I signed him for Chelsea on FM10 because el sid told me to, which doesn't tell you much, but who is going to choose you over Wigan or AZ?

Hull: Gulacsi, Rosenior, Dawson, Hobbs, Chester, McKenna, Evans, Dudgeon, Koren, Brady, Fryatt

Leeds: Lonergan, Kisnorbo, Brown, Clayton, Nunez, Lees, Snodgrass, White, Keogh, McCormack, O'Dea.

One change from us, Cairney out injured so Dawson's come in from him, Dudgeon will push into the midfield.

• SI Staff
Final Score at Portman Road 5-2!

Lallana x2

Lambert x2

Connolly

Still think Lallana and Lambert etc can't hack it in the Championship? ;)

(Early days still of course, but looking good for Tipple's prediction)

I know my stuff :D Should have put some money on it!

i don't believe it!!!!!!!!! we were superb

andy keogh what a guy!

tom lees is gonna be a great young defender, ramon nunez gets better with each game

i don't believe it!!!! i love football!

Apparently Clayton and White also played very well. Good to see Lees score (even if he scored one in the wrong net as well :p)

Pompey were the better team today imo. Slightly frustrated as we had a goal supposedly wrongly disallowed for offside and a penalty shout turned down because Andy D'Urso is a bottler but hey ho.

Think we deserved to win, played some good stuff. No idea about your offside goal or penalty :D Was down the other end!

KITSON \o/ I knew he would come good.

Oh and BENJANI is back.

Stupid Kitson.

Hey, he had to improve after that woeful performance at the Madejski.

Fantastic result for us yesterday, good to get off the mark early and not be bogged down like we were last season.

Huseklepp is earning £839k a year, rising to £1m a year depending on appearances (16k-19k) which really isn't that bad. We've got a nice rounded strikeforce in Kanu, Benjani, Kitson and Huseklepp. Definitely need to carry on playing 442, and we can now with the strikers we have. Those Figures for Huseklepp come from Twitter, his agent telling everyone his wage packet ftw :cool:

Archived