LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

I'm pretty sure Sy that if we really wanted him, he'd come to us. But they have gone all out for him, whereas we have different priorities.

whs

Oh just shut up Sy, you really get on my tits. Twisting everything. Moan moan moan moan moan.

whs

49 goals blah blah bore moan blah AW out moan blah whinge complain moan bore sack the board moan whinge complain

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers jamez. He is basically wanting Ajax to lower their asking price without really asking them, and making spurs panic a bit that they may lose him.

I'd still take him, but I think we have other areas needed strengthening first

I don't know why he doesn't just shut up frankly and see what happens. If this is his way of talking himself into a good deal he's making a right pigs ear of it. If you want to keep/make Arsenal as an option, saying you'd rather join Spurs is perhaps not the best tactic!

cheers jamez. He is basically wanting Ajax to lower their asking price without really asking them, and making spurs panic a bit that they may lose him.

Yes, that might be what he's after. If he has no intention of joining us but wants to sign for Spurs then saying he'd rather join Spurs over Arsenal is a good tactic! :D

yeah if it was the other way around, I'd be pretty annoyed if we signed him after he threatened to join Spurs.

Although thats still not in the same league as Emmanuel Petit. Has talks and a medical at Spurs, about to sign, gets the call from AW, gets spurs to call him a taxi so he can mull over the offer. Gets it to Highbury, signs for us. Legend

I see us next season starting with Kos, TV5 and Per playing most games (rotating around the 3 depending on form and injury). Djorou will be 4th choice but a very able back up to have. Then Bartley and Miguel as further backups.

Djorou got a lot of stick last season, some of it deserved, but he played all over the back 4 and isn't a full back

The same guy says there's no offer from you for M'Vila too.

Yeah, I've yet to see any concrete indication that we're interested in him at all. Just one rumour supporting another rumour supporting another rumour in a massive tower of smoke with no fire.

That confirms it as far as I'm concerned, Szczesny is the man. Really he is the real deal. To be a great keeper you have to be a bit mad, a real character and he is.

All jokes aside, I really hope he fallfills his potential, and at Arsenal. Sure he's got things to improve but he's got it, you only have to watch him to see this. Most importantly, aside from his technical talent, it appears he has the intelligence, the competitiveness, the seriousness, the mentality, the professional personality, to improve and understand when he is making mistakes. I think he has all the attributes, every single one, to be a GREAT keeper.

That confirms it as far as I'm concerned, Szczesny is the man. Really he is the real deal. To be a great keeper you have to be a bit mad, a real character and he is.

All jokes aside, I really hope he fallfills his potential, and at Arsenal. Sure he's got things to improve but he's got it, you only have to watch him to see this. Most importantly, aside from his technical talent, it appears he has the intelligence, the competitiveness, the seriousness, the mentality, the professional personality, to improve and understand when he is making mistakes. I think he has all the attributes, every single one, to be a GREAT keeper.

You've really got to see that whole video

Though i laughing at using mail. It seems to be the case that he wants to go unless we can win some trophies or show that we could and tbh we can't. We don't have the funds to buy the players we need.

I don't doubt it, and I don't blame him either.

Although according to "An SI Forums Arsenal Thread Source" we have hundreds of millions to spend... it's just Wenger won't spend it and the greedy board is pocketing it. This particular source is a genius when it comes to finance iirc.

We can compete. It's just

Chamakh £50k

Park £50k

Sqillalci £50k

Arshavin £80k

Almunia £50k

Diaby £40k

Gervinho £50k

Diaby apparently is on more than that and people should stop looking to sell Gervinho. He has had one season which wasn't even a disaster.

Pires didn't have a fantastic first season either. Not that I'm expecting Gervinho to be the next Pires or anything, but still... glad we didn't dump Pires after one season. ;)

Archived