LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

Wellll...... Per wouldnt get in the Chelsea side and Almunia was a solid keeper between 07 and 09. Unsure as to what the link is between the two? It's not like im saying Almunia is better than Cech is it?

I'm just saying you was basically calling me deluded, but your views were even more deluded

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I'm not saying that, but he did make too many mistakes. AW should have signed Jussi or Mark Schwarzer to fill the gap from 2008-2011 imo.

Also neither elite goalies either, would have made very little difference to our fortunes.

views are even more deluded :D Because im saying that a guy who was decent for us and worked his socks off deserves some respect? Or that Mertesacker isnt better than a guy who is one of the best defenders of the last decade or so and a partnership that just won the CL.

Almunia one of our most solid back up keepers for many years yet one of our worst first choice keepers for many years (not that he was a terrible first choice mind). It obviously didnt help having to follow in the footsteps of "Goalie" and "Mad Jens"

I liked Almunia, took Jens place when he had those 3-4? blunders in the same amount of games, and kept him out causing him to leave, then followed his predecessor by making horrible blunders.

Almunia one of our most solid back up keepers for many years yet one of our worst first choice keepers for many years (not that he was a terrible first choice mind). It obviously didnt help having to follow in the footsteps of "Goalie" and "Mad Jens"

This. Totally agree:thup:

Yeah, Almunia was a very solid player when he first took over from Lehmann but fell off the cliff after about 18 months/2 years. Per is a good player, not great, not a starter for Chelsea or us, but probably better than Cahill. You don't get ~80 caps for Germany by being ****.

if only szczesny was half the gent almunia is, instead of being a terrible corny dick.

“At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl.

“If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen/codename: ‘Have you seen John Terry recently?’

“He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works!”

Woj xbow xbow

“At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl.

“If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen/codename: ‘Have you seen John Terry recently?’

“He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works!”

Woj xbow xbow

108,000 can't be wrong :cool:

[video=youtube;C0YdCXbqGyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=&v=C0YdCXbqGyc

I admit to only seeing Giroud a few times but he really hasn't looked that good from what i have seen, people have called him the next drogba but i just don't see that at all not nearly quick enough for starters.

For the last few years we seem to be always looking for a big target man style striker yet we often don't play to or have good enough delivery from out wide consistently to play to those strengths. Personally i would like us to go after a pacey finisher type striker.

Having said that if it means getting rid of Chamakh i will take it.

I don't care in all honesty, there are people on this forum that are just pure idiots.

Wenger wanted him a couple of years back so you never know.

Are we all agreed that we would take Yossi permanently? Or is that a no go? If we had a choice, Kalou or Yossi?

Probably Kalou as he is younger, but I wouldn't take either of them if I could, we should be attracting better players and with Podolski possibly playing wide left neither of those would get games.

Archived