LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a twitter rummor linking us with a realistic target but with the hate I'm not gonna post it

It's not hate, it's just tiresome.

Arseblog did a good piece today about random twitter rumours. It's just too easy to make up ****.

• SI Staff
Just seen this on Twitter.

Our sources suggest that Robin van Persie has agreed a new contract and will remain with Arsenal. More to follow soon...

Whose sources?

• SI Staff

David Ornstein "Claims Van Persie has agreed new deal are wrong. Gazidis met with agent at Emirates on Mon - no developments, still no contract offered #afc"

Even if Robin van Persie doesn't sign a new contract this Summer, Arsène seems keen to keep him for next season - even if it does mean him leaving on a Bosman transfer.

It looks like Shinji Kagawa's on his way to United too, for the measly fee of £12 million [which may rise to £17 million]. We've missed out massively as he is of the same level as Eden Hazard, in my opinion, but half the price. There were contrasting reports that we had and hadn't made a bid for him, but either way, we should've pushed much harder on this signing.

Even if Robin van Persie doesn't sign a new contract this Summer, Arsène seems keen to keep him for next season - even if it does mean him leaving on a Bosman transfer.

It looks like Shinji Kagawa's on his way to United too, for the measly fee of £12 million [which may rise to £17 million]. We've missed out massively as he is of the same level as Eden Hazard, in my opinion, but half the price. There were contrasting reports that we had and hadn't made a bid for him, but either way, we should've pushed much harder on this signing.

Unfortunately we were never getting Kagawa Llew, he has just been a big part of a team that has won the Bundesliga twice in a row while we have not challenged for the title in years. Joining arsenal would practically be a step down at present when a team like man utd is also interested even though he want's to play in England.

"seen it on Twitter" is so meaningless. I mean if an actual football journalist with contacts is the person revealing info on Twitter you may as well say that but when I hear 'it's on Twitter' I just think of fellow OTF'ers making shiz up

Twitter has killed the transfer window really, it used to be 'silly season' and that was bearable but with the introduction of twitter the transfer window is just a horrible pain and so many gullible idiots believe the hype and none of it is true

Can already see myself banging my head against the wall at some of the posts that will be made in here this summer

I think we should make an effort to sign nick Powell, he looks decent and can be a player for future, everyone else though has to be established!

He looked like he could play prem football like the Ox has done this year. However He is United bound. Really Zaitsev?

Dudge he was in tears. I think he knows he is out

Plus, he's already injured, so you wont have that agonising wait early next season for him to get injured and your medical team somehow manage to make a month long injury last three years, like happens with most of your midfielders.

M'Vila is going to Meeeeeelan. Nick Powell wants to go to us but he's going to Manchester Red.

Doumbia is never coming to Arsenal. Would cost at least eleventy billion pounds. Is that everything covered?

M'Vila is going to Meeeeeelan. Nick Powell wants to go to us but he's going to Manchester Red.

Doumbia is never coming to Arsenal. Would cost at least eleventy billion pounds. Is that everything covered?

Apparently Milan were never interested in him, and just wanted Blanc.

Sy it's 1/6/12 not deadline day

So Chelsea have got Hazard and Hulk whilst United have got Kagawa.

We've got NO-ONE.

Pathetic.

I don't know why I'm bothering replying to this, but you are a moron

Chelsea have reportedly signed Hazard, rumoured to have signed Hulk whilst and United are supposedly completing the Kagawa deal next week.

Whereas we have actually signed Podolski

I don't know why I'm bothering replying to this, but you are a moron

Chelsea have reportedly signed Hazard, rumoured to have signed Hulk whilst and United are supposedly completing the Kagawa deal next week.

Whereas we have actually signed Podolski

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware of any of these transfers!! :rolleyes:

Obviously, as you forgot Podolski.

Plenty of time to go yet. If we haven't got anyone by 1st August, then I'll worry.

I cant see us having another summer like last year.

Well I can. Does that make your post more valuable then?

Whatever Sy13 may, or may not, be in your personal opinion is irrelevant if you can't keep yourself from swearing when declaring said opinion. Any more personal insults like that will be rewarded with infractions (of the very highest quality, I can assure you). I realise such infractions are few and far between so some of you may see this as a perfect chance to grab a collectors item but I'd really advice you to hold such thoughts and earn one for something more worthwhile at a later date

valuable? What are you on about?

You used to make some decent posts about Arsenal in general, some points were valid, but there were some I didn't agree with.

But now you are so negative and attack everyone who has a different opinion that you. I used to ignore it, but it seems that in the last 6 months you seem to be on a permanent wind up at everyone who has something to say you don't agree with.

So far we have signed Podolski, released a few other players, and some of the other 'dead wood' have revealed they are in talks to leave. Progress I think.

We have spoken to RVP about a new contract, but he wants to wait till after the Euros, fair enough. Its not ideal for us, but we have to hope he'll stay. And if he goes for £250k per week, so be it. I wouldn't want us to compete with that, personally.

We've been linked with plenty of players. Most are made up by lazy journalists and twitter talk, but some are based on the fact we have likely made enquiries or sent scouts. There isn't someone in the club starting these rumours to drive up season ticket sales. We would never get Hazard for the money he is on, and Kagawa would always pick Utd over us. As for Hulk, he is soo overpriced. No thanks.

Its the 1st of June, the season ended 2 weeks ago. There are 10 weeks to go till it starts again. If in 8 weeks we haven't signed anyone, then yes, some will start to question the club and AW. But until then, lets just all get along and hope we have a good summer.

Whatever Sy13 may, or may not, be in your personal opinion is irrelevant if you can't keep yourself from swearing when declaring said opinion. Any more personal insults like that will be rewarded with infractions (of the very highest quality, I can assure you). I realise such infractions are few and far between so some of you may see this as a perfect chance to grab a collectors item but I'd really advice you to hold such thoughts and earn one for something more worthwhile at a later date

Fair enough. Isn't that the point of the swear filter though, to block swear words?

Archived