LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never expected us to go for Vertonghen. I don't even think we showed any interest in him except in Tabloid Land.

It's interesting (if true) that Ade might accept a £70k a week contract at Spurs. Seems he had to learn the hard way that he might have to lower his expectations eventually.

Tbh if we signed M'Vila now or someone of his calibre this week or next I would be very happy with the incomings and then we can get rid of some of the deadwood and we shouldbt be set.

Albeit a backup keeper.

We normally sign players on a friday so could tommorow be the day?

Chamakh, Gervinho, Koscielny etc

That's probably because it takes Wenger all week to agree on what car the player gets to sweeten the deal.

Wenger: How about a Nissan Micra?

New Signing: No...Ferrari.

Wenger: Mini Cooper?

New Signing: BMW?

Wenger: Oh go on then seems as though its a Friday and its the end of the week.

This isn't a twitter rumor or anything but, I've got a feeling that Kalou will sign for us :rolleyes:

He maybe quite effective though. If that happens a winger will be leaving or the Ox will be in the center. We have always been linked with him even before he joined Chelsea

Honestly what would be the point of Kalou? We've got 200 players who can play out wide as it is and he has done nothing to prove he is anywhere near good enough for us at Chelsea.

The man is average and if we sign him that just proves how much ambition we clearly have to be a top, top team again, little.

Honestly what would be the point of Kalou? We've got 200 players who can play out wide as it is and he has done nothing to prove he is anywhere near good enough for us at Chelsea.

The man is average and if we sign him that just proves how much ambition we clearly have to be a top, top team again, little.

Kalou says shhhhh!

aajwe82s.jpg

Muller must be doing cartwheels in your thread today! :D
He's ecstatic with the news, I can't imagine how happy he'd be though if Mikel were to leave overnight aswell :D

AW will say we 'tried to sign Gotze but tha £1 extra was too much. We could go into financial meltdown and be Portsmouth.'

AW will say we 'tried to sign Gotze but tha £1 extra was too much. We could go into financial meltdown and be Portsmouth.'

Pfft, that's nothing. Wenger's been saying for months that the whole of Europe is on the brink of financial meltdown. I'm beginning to wonder if he's just hoarding cash until France and Spain go to the wall and we can snaffle their clubs' players for a couple of used fivers.

Podolski doesnt count, Gervinho has been terrible and The Ox has not proved anything. When they contribute to winning Leagues and a CL then maybe we can talk about them in the same light.

The way I see it, a 26 year old international available on a free can not be sniffed at. Especially in a position where we are quite weak. Very weak if as expected, Theo leaves.

Kalou would offer more than Gervinho, Theo (arguably) and would probably start for you if he came. If anyone's been watching him since Di Matteo has come in, you'd see how good he is it was just that the goon AVB completely froze him out of the side for no apparent reason.

He's offered us double digit scoring in every season and tends to chip in with a few assists to. His workrate is very good, so will provide tracking back, can take on a full back 1v1, has good feet/dribbling and is no slouch. Oh, and he has been more consistent as he's gotten older (ie. this 2nd half to the season and the whole of last season)

I would be ok with Kalou to be honest, he's no world beater but he'd offer more of a goal threat than Gervinho and with Benayoun and almost certainly Arshavin gone we do need some cover in that position.

Only problem is losing both Kalou and Gervinho for the ACN could leave us a bit short.

Kalou's definitely better than Gerv was last season, but I still have (probably unrealistic!) hopes that Gerv will come good. I think he probably offers a more consistent threat than Theo too, but Walcott's still capable of ripping a defence to shreds if he's given the space in a way that I don't think Kalou can.

I wouldn't mind him coming in so long as his wages aren't stupid. Don't think he's really good enough to be one of our top earners.

Vertonghen has come out and said AFC want him and it will remain a possibility if his move to Spurs falls through.

There was a time when the thought of Spurs being a preferred option to us was a hilarious joke. Seems like AW no longer has players tripping over themselves to come play under him.

Archived