LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

Wow. I'm literally speechless.

Terry will be off to the slammer by July, Luiz is like the even more headless Vermaelan, and Cahill is one of the most overrated defenders due to him being British.

In other news, Hazard is apparently off to United. Why is this in the Arsenal thread?

It could leave Kagawa open to us!

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terry will be off to the slammer by July, Luiz is like the even more headless Vermaelan, and Cahill is one of the most overrated defenders due to him being British.

In other news, Hazard is apparently off to United. Why is this in the Arsenal thread?

It could leave Kagawa open to us!

Right ...

1. Terry going to prison has nothing to do with the fact that he is a far superior CB than Mertesacker.

2. How many games of Luiz have you watched? Do you watch for yourself or still buy the 'Luiz plays like he's controlled by a 10 y.o on the PlayStation'? Since Di Matteo's come in and made the defence formidable as it used to be, Luiz has been very good. Look at Napoli, City away, Spurs until he was injured and Benfica H&A but Home in particular were magnificent performances.

3. Cahill is good. Just look at his performances after getting a run in the side, they've been near faultless. He's probably on par with Vermaelen, if I had to compare with your CBs, but I'd have him over Verm any day.

Are the top 2 'Sy your a plonker' and 'Sy David Moyes isn't a good manager'
Didn't you slate Moyes too?

Terry is better than Mertesacker, Luiz can be better than Mertesacker but Cahill isn't better.

My list.

Almunia

Fabianski

Mannone

Djourou

Squillaci

Santos

Rosicky/Diaby

Frimpong

Lansbury

Denilson

Chamakh

Park

Arshavin

Bendtner

Vela

Also wil listen for offers for Van Persie, Walcott, [both contract related], TV, Song, Ramsey, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Gervinho

Right ...

1. Terry going to prison has nothing to do with the fact that he is a far superior CB than Mertesacker.

Terry has been shocking this season, the amount of mistakes :eek, possibly to do with AVB's high line but still

Right ...

2. How many games of Luiz have you watched? Do you watch for yourself or still buy the 'Luiz plays like he's controlled by a 10 y.o on the PlayStation'? Since Di Matteo's come in and made the defence formidable as it used to be, Luiz has been very good. Look at Napoli, City away, Spurs until he was injured and Benfica H&A but Home in particular were magnificent performances.

Yes but that's because they were in extreme circumstances. If you were playing for example West Ham at home in an attack, and he goes marauding up the chances are he'd go and get exposed. He's proably under extreme instructions otherwise he gets a clip round the ear

Right ...

3. Cahill is good. Just look at his performances after getting a run in the side, they've been near faultless. He's probably on par with Vermaelen, if I had to compare with your CBs, but I'd have him over Verm any day.

Didn't you slate Moyes too?

Yes but I rate PM higher than TV and you just declared that Cahill was equal to TV

I did slate Moyes which is why it is in Sy's most laughable quotes

Yes but that's because they were in extreme circumstances. If you were playing for example West Ham at home in an attack, and he goes marauding up the chances are he'd go and get exposed. He's proably under extreme instructions otherwise he gets a clip round the ear
AVB gave him freedom to maraud forward as if he were the Brazilian Beckenbauer which then left a gap in defence. Di Matteo's curbed his enthusiasm and told him to be more disciplined and to go on his runs much less and he's clearly become a better CB as a result, that's clear to see.
Per is one of the best centre backs in the World. It may sound ludacris but imo its true and he'll prove his doubters wrong
He's not top 10 in the World.
Yes but I rate PM higher than TV and you just declared that Cahill was equal to TV

I did slate Moyes which is why it is in Sy's most laughable quotes

Wenger and the majority of people probably don't. By you're logic, Per would be Chelsea's starting CB - as he'd be the best CB we have - and captain, when in reality, only Kos would get in our defense at CB.

Per is one of the best centre backs in the World. It may sound ludacris but imo its true and he'll prove his doubters wrong

Pretty sure even Jogi Loew would choke on that statement, and he has a massive mancrush on Per. :D

Having said that I find it really hard to judge the quality of our defenders because our defensive problems are so systemic that they're continually left horribly exposed. Stick any of them in Di Matteo's Chelsea team and I'm pretty confident that they'd all look much better. Well, apart from Squillaci!

It's quite disturbing that so many people can come up with a list that size of players they would want out of the club, myself included. It proves we have so much dead wood probably well in excess of £30m a season in wages, enough for a marquee signing or 2 each year. Not even a graduate in economics in this instance is particularly good at economics!

After what I've seen recently, I'm glad Hazard isn't coming anywhere near us. Possibly the biggest €% in football since C.Ronaldo.

Edit: Kagawa to us - show me a credible source or gtfo.

After what I've seen recently, I'm glad Hazard isn't coming anywhere near us. Possibly the biggest €% in football since C.Ronaldo.

Edit: Kagawa to us - show me a credible source or gtfo.

I think he's pretty hilarious. But that's only because I know we're not going to sign him; if I were a United or City fan right now I'd be infuriated!

I think he's pretty hilarious. But that's only because I know we're not going to sign him; if I were a United or City fan right now I'd be infuriated!

Most United fans (at least on here) are aware that he's a massive tool, whoring himself out to whoever is willing to pay him the most. Not that I blame him in the least for doing so

Almunia so amusing, can't believe we persisted with him for so long, one day great and then most of the other days hilarious. Was never fit for us.

Imagine how different that Barca final would have been had he not made those mistakes :( Nice to see him finally gone though, he could probably end up at a decent club now.

He was actually a very solid keeper for us for 2 years.

Considering what you said about my veiws on Per then, based on what your saying that Almunia was a 'solid keeper', then Per is the greatest centre back of all time :thup:

If you think Almunia's good then Per is the greatest centre back to ever live

• SI Staff

I agree, Almunia, I think has an unjustified reputation, obviosuly he wasn't amazing but he did a decent job for us, he was never top class but he went through a long period of few mistakes.

Ajw you laughed at my views that Per would be in the Chelsea team. You then said Almunia was a 'solid keeper'.

He came across as a nice bloke and his honeymoon was cut short to join us, but cost us in the big games, like Barca 06,2010, United 05,09, Spurs 2008, West Brom etc

• SI Staff

Look its not hard, Almunia was a good guy who tried his best for Arsenal, now maybe his best wasn't good enough but that doesn't mean he deserves no respect.

Wellll...... Per wouldnt get in the Chelsea side and Almunia was a solid keeper between 07 and 09. Unsure as to what the link is between the two? It's not like im saying Almunia is better than Cech is it?

Look its not hard, Almunia was a good guy who tried his best for Arsenal, now maybe his best wasn't good enough but that doesn't mean he deserves no respect.

I'm not saying that, but he did make too many mistakes. AW should have signed Jussi or Mark Schwarzer to fill the gap from 2008-2011 imo.

Archived