Official STEAM discussion for FM - FM NOW LIVE ON STEAM

But they would still have to rely on IP's.

They should unlock the game simultaneously. That would seem to be the fair thing to do.

That's what I meant. But the official release time would be set as one timezone. So say when it is midnight UK it is unlocked worldwide.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use a proxy server based in Australia and it will work because the source IP will be from AUS as far as steam can see. The hard part is to find a proxy server that will relay for you.

And I have to say....this is so dumb just release the game at one set time for everyone. You have what a few handful of customers in North America do you really think you are creating buzz or anticipation for people to buy the game? C'mon don't kid yourself....all you are doing is p*ssing the few customers you do have over here off.

This says it will unlock at 12am on Nov 5th. So, the same as the UK, but in our time. Which means we'll have to wait around 6 hours after everybody in the World but as has it.

Suck it up man. Most games get released on Tuesdays in the USA and in the EU on Fridays (and the Aussies are often based off EU times so they have to wait until Saturday). So we normally have to wait 3 days longer to play games, 6 hours is nothing.

Ok I made my smart-bottom post earlier now the real deal. I went and saw the torrents and downloads for your game, they are not hard to find. Even if they are an outdated version, you are releasing to China before any where else on earth. China is the top piracy country for every form of digital entertainment. There will be a torrent from China before you can legally play the game in England, much less the US. Next you release to the second biggest piracy country, Russia. There will again be a Russian torrent available before I can legally play using my $40 download on Steam. This is stupid on so many levels from an industry that struggles with piracy on this platform. You are inviting the problem. I'm going to be ****ed off and wait for the legal version because it is the right thing to do, many of my countrymen will not. Take a look at the canceled pre-orders on Steam from the time you posted this thread until release to see the money you lost to piracy because of this decision.

Hi all,

The last FM I played was FM09. I bought the DVD and installed via this method & have been playing for a number of years disk free... But, steam is not installed, FM comes up in my program files directory in the C drive. Now, I want to do this in FM11 but forget what I did - any ideas?

Is it possible to install via the disk but then never need to use (without steam)

Maybe it's install via steam with the disk?

Etc

Any ideas?

That was a different system with FM09 which does not work for FM10 / FM11. If you don't want to have the disk in drive and also don't want to be connected to the internet, the you can install with the steam offline option.

Just thought i would post this in here as it is related to steam i have just purchased fm 2011 and it is pre loaded but my demo from steam seems to have dissapeared will i conflict anything if i download the demo again? thanks

in terms of the ip thing.....when i log in through work with an american ip the game cost is in US dollars and is cheaper :confused:

i actually tried changing my profile but it seems to just go on the ip. is there a reason i cant buy at the us price then?

Iv pre-loaded the game so does this mean all i need to do now is come 11pm or 12am just hit the 'play' button?

When will patch be released? Then again steam automatically updates so does that mean the game will be patched already?

Thanks.

Just a point following up on what someone asked earlier:

We are still on Daylight Saving Time in the US. Therefor, if it is 12 am EST, that's really 1 am EDT.

That is to say, the East Coast is usually GMT -5. But we are currently GMT -4, and will be until 2 am Sunday morning.

So it might be an even longer wait. :(

Just thought i would post this in here as it is related to steam i have just purchased fm 2011 and it is pre loaded but my demo from steam seems to have dissapeared will i conflict anything if i download the demo again? thanks

Anyone answer this please?

No, only if you buy via Steam.

If you buy the disk version, just install that then enter the code to verify via Steam. If it insists on downloading, you can always force steam to use the disk instead...

1. Close Steam (File > Exit).

2. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).

3. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.

Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

4. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

but this is the problem. my dvd drive is faulty wont read discs. this is the reason i use steam. maybe i can download without purchasing when it becomes unlocked. as i have already purchased the game

No, you can only pre-download if you have the game pre-purchased. Why buy from a retail store if you have a dodgy DVD drive and rely on Steam anyway?

No, you can only pre-download if you have the game pre-purchased. Why buy from a retail store if you have a dodgy DVD drive and rely on Steam anyway?

championship/football manager memorabilia!!!!! i have every version boxed

Do this (click the marked area) and enter the retail code when questioned.

It will let you add the game to your steam account and let you pre-load it in time for release.

This works on FM09, FM10 and FM11.

g4SUo.jpg

you yanks get most things first so dont complain that you have to wait for something. Use it as a learning experience, now you know how everyone else feels.

And you don't have to put up with the 'World' Series, commercials every 12 minutes (even on the BBC Cable channel) and right-wing nut-jobs monopolizing local radio.

I dont think we will be able to play the game without it (no .exe file in the pre-download.) If its even marginally big I'll need to go down to my local coffeehouse tomorrow evening. Please advice SI so I (and others) may make appropriate plans. THank you.

And you don't have to put up with the 'World' Series, commercials every 12 minutes (even on the BBC Cable channel) and right-wing nut-jobs monopolizing local radio.

Im sure you would prefer paying the TV license thats required for every household in the UK, right? About $220 a year to prop up the BBC. Like it or not, people who feel their voices arent heard by the people in power have the freedom to air their opinions. If you think the righties are monopolizing the airwaves, here is your chance to capitalize on an unserviced market niche.

Steam version will let you play the game, with patch, earlier than boxed copy. Even if you ger your boxed copy early, you'll have to download the patch at midnight while steal will unlock fully patched at the same time!

Boxed version for me purely because i like to have something to show for my money.

Each to their own but I prefer not having the pain of going somewhere for a few days then crying because I have forgot the disk

their is no differences except if your internets down or something so you can't connect to steam it wont work will it? so boxed is more secure version

Not true mate, you can play offline if you get it through steam, just need to be online for the install/download and to get patches etc

their is no differences except if your internets down or something so you can't connect to steam it wont work will it? so boxed is more secure version

Oh my god fm2011 has DRM!!! Oh wait it doesn't, must be another console Fag spreading misinformation.

The last couple of years I've bought off Steam and a couple of times Steam has wanted to update and hasn't allowed me to do anything until I've connected to the internet, but only twice in 2 years from memory. Usually it does allow FM to be played offline.

Archived