Official STEAM discussion for FM - FM NOW LIVE ON STEAM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Guys any info on why is it not allowing me to play? I bought it for mac on steam and its giving me a bloody error, about server being too busy, what kind of crap is that? anyone has an idea? thx

Have you tried restarting Steam? Let me know, thanks.

Why the hell does it say to insert disc when starting a game thru steam. I thoguht the whole point of steamn was that you dont need disc, advice please any1?

Did you download the patch from the website? If so you may have downloaded the boxed patch which you don't need to do as Steam auto-patches the game.

• Administrators
Why the hell does it say to insert disc when starting a game thru steam. I thoguht the whole point of steamn was that you dont need disc, advice please any1?

Have you downloaded and installed a patch? You DO NOT need to patch Steam as it does it automatically. If you have done this, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall for it to work correctly. Let me know, thanks.

EDIT: Beaten to it! :)

Have you downloaded and installed a patch? You DO NOT need to patch Steam as it does it automatically. If you have done this, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall for it to work correctly. Let me know, thanks.

EDIT: Beaten to it! :)

Ah but you included the all-important fix which I neglected to mention :)

Did you download the patch from the website? If so you may have downloaded the boxed patch which you don't need to do as Steam auto-patches the game.

Thanks both of u and yes this is what I did do. Therefore I assume I have to re-install fm

Thanks both of u and yes this is what I did do. Therefore I assume I have to re-install fm

Indeed, right click on FM2011 in Steam and chose the "Remove Local Content" option (iirc I'm not at home). That'll uninstall it for you and then you can re-download it again.

• Administrators
I re started steam, re started the mac, still gives me the error for server being too busy...

Are you running any kind of firewall? I'd suggest deactivating this, restart Steam and see if this works. Remember to reactivate your firewall afterwards and let me know how you get on, thanks.

Guys, Before I install my game I'm just wondering whether it's best to install through stream or offline?

I tend to run about 100+ leagues on my saves, so obviously the game doesn't move the quickest, so It's important for me that the game Isn't slowed down too much by things that can be avoided.

Does running the game through steam slow the processor (of the Mac in my case) or not? Seeing as technically you're having to run two programs instead of one.

Any help and advice is appreciated..

anyone else not able to view the steam achievements for FM11?

on my homepage in Gameplay stats games like FM10 and Left 4 Dead say "view stats" that takes you to the achievements, but FM11 doesnt have this at the moment, which is wierd, as apparently i have already unlocked about 7 of them

They do. But busy servers aren't good enough reason.

As with most software products, we will not offer refunds for purchases made online as outlined in the software license - please review Section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.

This message is too short apparently..

i have not had any response to any of my queries.

I have restarted both my computer and steam countless times, have deleted local cache and tried to reinstall. I do not have a file wall. What is going on?

With Steam closed you could check You User > Library > Application Support > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive and delete the FM11 folder (if exists) and try again.

Guys, Before I install my game I'm just wondering whether it's best to install through stream or offline?

I tend to run about 100+ leagues on my saves, so obviously the game doesn't move the quickest, so It's important for me that the game Isn't slowed down too much by things that can be avoided.

Does running the game through steam slow the processor (of the Mac in my case) or not? Seeing as technically you're having to run two programs instead of one.

Any help and advice is appreciated..

Nope, Steam will have zero effect on FM speed, if Steam did slow games down then no-one would use it. :p

With Steam closed you could check You User > Library > Application Support > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive and delete the FM11 folder (if exists) and try again.

Thanks. I tried it. Nothing happens. It won't even let me uninstall FM on steam and start again now. Is it worth deleting steam and downloading it again?

anyone else not able to view the steam achievements for FM11?

on my homepage in Gameplay stats games like FM10 and Left 4 Dead say "view stats" that takes you to the achievements, but FM11 doesnt have this at the moment, which is wierd, as apparently i have already unlocked about 7 of them

found them eventually. Library => FM11 => Achievements takes me too them

Thanks. I tried it. Nothing happens. It won't even let me uninstall FM on steam and start again now. Is it worth deleting steam and downloading it again?

I would say so and make sure there's no FM11 folder left in SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive.

I have looked extensively and can't see any other people with this simple problem.

After downloading the Demo on Steam for Mac and playing the 6 month limit I was hoping to continue this game after purchasing the full game. I can't seem to find the saved game from the demo. I assumed it would allow me to load the last game, but that option is blanked out.

Any solutions?

Thanks

I have looked extensively and can't see any other people with this simple problem.

After downloading the Demo on Steam for Mac and playing the 6 month limit I was hoping to continue this game after purchasing the full game. I can't seem to find the saved game from the demo. I assumed it would allow me to load the last game, but that option is blanked out.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Your Demo save will be in a different folder, when you go to open save game (rather than start last) go up a level or two till you should then see Football Manager 2011 Demo folder and I'd hazard a guess your save from the demo will be there.

Edit: To be exact, you'll find your save under Your User > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 Demo > Games

I just wonder something, Turkey is not on the list of countries in the Steam options. But still can they know that the game is activated in Turkey? There are lots of people who activates the game via steam and lots will activate. They just want to be sure that SI realize the numbers of copies sold in Turkey.

The reason is that SI has a promise to add Turkish to the game if 10,000 legal copies are sold. A lot of people bought the game just to see Turkish included in the game. We started a campaign and encourage people to buy legal copies and it is successful until now. I hope the numbers will reach the target and we will be able to see Turkish in FM2012 :)

Also another issue is that is there any way to start the game without starting Steam?

Archived