FM 11 Details

Unfortunately some people are under some sort of illusion that makes them think that the game will be ready on release day. Well I have been playing since 2001 and I can tell you that its simply not the case.

Depends on how you define 'ready' really. I've been playing the same save game since release day without the need to start again due to a bug.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sam_Allen and myself are not arguing your point. What I am saying is that all the people in here whining about no dynamic leagues or whatever else are muppets because no one has mentioned them and they would be better off waiting for an official announcement. Lets at least give SI the opportunity to mess it up before we castigate them. ;)

For the record 10.1 was playable with a couple of bugs, 10.2 on the other hand was a nightmare. IIRC though 07 was pretty good out of the box. So who knows? Neither you nor I can definitively say that it will be broken til 11.3 (or even that it will be a 3 patch strategy this time). Lets wait and see for Miles and the team to say more is all I'm saying.

Well lets hope that the game will be very good from release day, but I am not very confident.

Now I have no time for new gimmicky features such as agents & floodlights etc but I do have concerns about the main things in FM that need improving. Now this is what I siad re: FM11 on my own forum

"First off, I don't know if you know Nev but Championship Manager aren't releasing a new version next year. After the terrible 'game' they released this year.

To be honest Nev I am not too interested in training that much and it would not bother me in the slightest if SI made no improvements to that area. However if they do, I hope that the default training regimes will still get the job done. I do like the idea of more interaction between coaches and the manager though.

Scouting is something I want improved. Mainly because scouts look for 90% of the players, not the manager. We need a scouting system that saves us time for looking for players. Scouts given more of a free role and constantly look for players, not just wait for you to assign them scouting assignments. I wish there was an option where you can just say go look for good players for me, no specific details just find me some players.

"So I feel that like real life - the manager cannot do everything like in FM " that is pretty much how I feel too. Training should be handled by coaches & scouts recommend signings on a regular basis and all we have to do is choose which ones we sign. This will save us a lot of time. (i like to play a fast game.)

To be honest I have no problems with the youth system and youth teams. It does what it says on the tin for me. The academy produces young players or we sign young players and give them time in the u-18's and we watch them grow. There is room for improvement but at the moment I think it is just fine. Although one thing I would like to see is a players stats in the u-18's & reserves to go into his history tab. I know they are not competitive games but there is no harm in showing them is there??

Media - I really would love this to be a big part of the game. As it is a huge part of the real football world but for me the media part of FM10 is very poor and I tend to avoid it. Disappointing really. Certainly something I want to see some serious thought put into. Not 50 questions that come up time & time again.

Teamtalks - I tend to say the same stuff every game really and I don't know if it makes a difference or not. Most of the time it tells me the player wasn't listening so what is the point? Might as well be talking to the dressing room wall.

Sorry Nev but the AI transfer system is appalling. Makes the game very unrealistic. Real Madrid buy players based on some guys last 5 games form whether he plays for Man Utd or Sheffield Wednesday. It needs to be sorted. They had all year to test transfer code but they can't be bothered can they? Big issue for me.

Agree with Nev about the new Tactics Creator. It has certainly been a huge success for me personally and I'm sure for a lot of the FM community. I feel I am learning as I go and slowly becomming a potential tactician :p I look forward to see what hand we are dealt next edition but I am sure it will be good.

Yeah I guess it can be easily done, taking a lower league side to the top but if it was too hard I think a lot of people would be ****ed off. That would be something that could cause a lot of knock-on bugs if messed with too."

:D

Do you lot understand English. These are leaked details, Miles has said some are accurate and some are not. Nothing has been confirmed as in or out, no one has said that is an exhaustive list. This is why these threads should be closed. Why don't we all wait and see what the OFFICIAL announcement from SI says before all you nay sayers and doom mongers start your inevitable whining and moaning.

Yes I understand English, I'm aware these are leaked details not a definitive list. Also I'm not whining or moaning my comment on dynamic league reputations is based on a comment from someone at SI stating that this would be enormously complex because of the range of variables it would impact on and therefore it wasn't something they envisioned in the near future.

Unfortunately, some people are extremely stupid. They must believe, for some reason, that these are the definite features and that there will be no other changes to the game at all

Excuse me I don't think anyones said they believe this to be the definitive list so your rudeness is uncalled for.

I never said I believe this is the full list but I assume that if this information is leaked and which has been confirmed by Miles(yes,some accurate and some not),so these features must be the top features of the game and everything else will be just some small add-ons.This is just my opinion,i'm not going to argue with anyone,i just said what I felt in the moment I read the news.

Yes I understand English, I'm aware these are leaked details not a definitive list. Also I'm not whining or moaning my comment on dynamic league reputations is based on a comment from someone at SI stating that this would be enormously complex because of the range of variables it would impact on and therefore it wasn't something they envisioned in the near future.

Right then. So if you've seen SI comment that it won't be happening for a while, why on earth are you moaning (yes you are moaning about it) in this thread about it. Sometimes in life there are battles you can't win and if they say no not now then whether we like it or not it is pointless expending energy on it. SI know we want it and aren't avoiding it for any other reason than the complexity of it.

Excuse me I don't think anyones said they believe this to be the definitive list so your rudeness is uncalled for.

Read the comments and tell me that some of them don't allude to that. He didn't call you stupid so don't worry about it. It was a generalisation and a very apt one. Some people are extremely stupid.

I never said I believe this is the full list but I assume that if this information is leaked and which has been confirmed by Miles(yes,some accurate and some not),so these features must be the top features of the game and everything else will be just some small add-ons.This is just my opinion,i'm not going to argue with anyone,i just said what I felt in the moment I read the news.

How do you know these are the top ones. Ever heard the phrase 'assume makes an ASS out of U and ME?' All I'm saying is lets wait for the official announcement before taking umbrage. And now that I've said the same thing for the 3rd time it might actually sink in.

I agree with Ernest

Right then. So if you've seen SI comment that it won't be happening for a while, why on earth are you moaning (yes you are moaning about it) in this thread about it. Sometimes in life there are battles you can't win and if they say no not now then whether we like it or not it is pointless expending energy on it. SI know we want it and aren't avoiding it for any other reason than the complexity of it.

Read the comments and tell me that some of them don't allude to that. He didn't call you stupid so don't worry about it. It was a generalisation and a very apt one. Some people are extremely stupid.

Excuse me - I didn't moan about I just said that on the basis of previous comments it was unlikely and then justified my comment, I'm more then happy to wait for this due to its' complexity.

Why would they release the top features at this stage. My guess is that this is the middle to lower features that they are planning and are keeping something bigger a secret until closer to release. It won't be dynamic league reps but maybe something big that will massively improve gameplay.

- Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010

- Improved training options

- More complex module for searching new players

...- Improved graphics and 3D view of the game

- Introduction of football agents to the game

- Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)

- Differentiated weather conditions

Hopefully the agent one will be true, training doesn't really bother me, the 'night effect' could be interesting, and will might be implemented if it is currently used in FML and has received good feedback.

Differentiated weather doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, we see rain, sun, sometimes snow, and I wonder if they would really aim to improve what the weather looks like when some of the 3D animations aren't too pretty.

And of course, i think we will see some undoubtedly excellent improvements to the 3D match engine.

Can't wait till the official feature list is released, (hopefully with dynamic league reputations :o)

The #FM2011Rumours that make me laugh the most will get a prize. Will go through the hashtag next Friday.....

Miles has written that on Twitter. So, it means that next Friday will be the first official news about FM2011???

The #FM2011Rumours that make me laugh the most will get a prize. Will go through the hashtag next Friday.....

Miles has written that on Twitter. So, it means that next Friday will be the first official news about FM2011???

Either that or he's starting another rumour

Accurate - it will involve some repetitive multiple choice quizzes (like the current "media conferences")

They tried to put agents in the game in a previous version and as I recall it wasn't a very good feature so if they are in the new game then hopefully they will be more than a cosmetic feature. However, PLEASE PLEASE dont have it like the press conferences feature thats currently in the game because most people agree that this is boring and repetitive after just a short period of time.

Or because a week is about the right amount of time for people to think of funny things, or because Miles wants a laugh to end the working week with, or because he wants to tell his mates at the mosque about it at Friday prayers, or because he's got a train journey on Friday and wants something to do, or because he plucked a day out of thin air, or because...

Incidentally, an improved training module sounds interesting, but not much else on this supposed list sounds very spectacular.

Or because a week is about the right amount of time for people to think of funny things, or because Miles wants a laugh to end the working week with, or because he wants to tell his mates at the mosque about it at Friday prayers, or because he's got a train journey on Friday and wants something to do, or because he plucked a day out of thin air, or because...

Incidentally, an improved training module sounds interesting, but not much else on this supposed list sounds very spectacular.

Miles is always pretty quiet at the mosque to be honest ;)

Sorry to go a little off topic, although it does regard a feature,... anyone know why the feature where agents sent videos of their players to try and force a deal were removed?

I remember it in FM 05 or 06 and kind of liked it, then it vanished. Wouldnt mind that being brought back

• SI Staff

No, it means that people who are on Twitter who might not see any of it til the Monday because they don't look at twitter over the weekend still have a chance to get entries in.

{QUOTE=Rick_Chelsea]anyone know why the feature where agents sent videos of their players to try and force a deal were removed?

It's still meant to be there - just very rare, and only seen where active leagues make match clips possible. Haven't seen it for a while whilst playing the game myself though for a while, so maybe it's too rare.

It's still meant to be there - just very rare, and only seen where active leagues make match clips possible. Haven't seen it for a while whilst playing the game myself though for a while, so maybe it's too rare.

ah thats good, I've heard theres a few features and news items which not many of us will have seen due to the rareness, so to know this feature regarding player videos is still there somewhere is good :-). I cant remember any other features which seem to have vanished? Apart from referee complaints and requesting match postponements

People expect improvements in all ways but there 10yo computer must still be able to run it smoothly :confused:.

Considering the ME's graphics quality a 10yo graphics card should do it :c It's odd how a PC that can run PES can only run FM10 on low quality. :c

Dynamic league rep please.

Keep dreaming. :D

- Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010

Still wondering what exactly this would mean. (it it's even true)

What does that mean?

Loving the new features if these are at all true

Leagues not being stuck on a fixed reputation no matter how successful teams become.

Some good 'leaks' there and I'm eagerly awaiting the new version with impatience. :)

I hope they continue to work on the tactics section of the game. The Tactics creator is great and helps a lot of people :) yet I'm sure there room for improvement in terms of understanding tactics :D.

I hope they continue to work on the tactics section of the game. The Tactics creator is great and helps a lot of people :) yet I'm sure there room for improvement in terms of understanding tactics :D.

Completely agree. It's been a LONG time since there were significant changes to the tactics section.

I feel the regen-problem (that has been so well documented, especially this year) is the most significant one though, and I really hope SI is taking it seriously this year.

Completely agree. It's been a LONG time since there were significant changes to the tactics section.

I feel the regen-problem (that has been so well documented, especially this year) is the most significant one though, and I really hope SI is taking it seriously this year.

What's wrong with regens? I've heard about it but never actually figured out what's wrong :)

Leagues not being stuck on a fixed reputation no matter how successful teams become.

Some good 'leaks' there and I'm eagerly awaiting the new version with impatience. :)

I seem to remember that a SI employee said that while dynamic rep's was in the pipeline for a while, except it was expected to take a while... and wasn't a 'one year' task?

I seem to remember that a SI employee said that while dynamic rep's was in the pipeline for a while, except it was expected to take a while... and wasn't a 'one year' task?

Ah right, I wasn't aware of that.

Still, I do feel it's necessary though it hasn't directly effected me, it has others. There was a guy who won the CL with Rosenborg yet his players were moaning when rejecting bids from Hull City and what not all because of the Premier Leagues higher reputation.

The fact that some (some players of the game say ALL) regens come in with some good stats in areas but in a make or break attribute its quite poor (5 stamina for a DM, 8 pace for winger etc.)

What I am personally hoping for is the implementation of academies around the world a la FML. It can be done like the current club affiliation; ask the board for an academy, and depending on rep and finances it gives you a list of countries to choose from, and wham bam thank you ma'am.

Perhaps the academy players can be 13/14 so you can sign them and move them to your squad for 16/17 to throw into the U18/u20's?

Just a thought.

If I remember correctly, there's a reason why under 15's can't appear in the game. Something to do with the legal implications of introducing "minors" into a game (daft as it might sound). Although there's 15 and 14 year old players that pop up now and again, they're usually newgens or regens, so no problems with "real" people.

The only way that academies might feasibly appear, is using completely generated players, if that legal issue is correct. Either way, I'm happy to stand corrected.

I would see no problems with having academies with newgen players in them. As several newgens do get created at the start of the game regardless, these players could populate the academies.

The reasons no real players under 16 are allowed to be included in the game are obviously legal ones.

That academy idea and dynamic league rep is all i need for FM11 tbh, i've loved FM10 and i wouldnt want to see much of a change although a press conference overhaul would be welcome because i don't know anybody who actually does them.

There's really no point in having academy-level players that are anything but newgens. Which researcher is going to be able to pick up on potential abilities of real-life 14-year-olds with any accuracy?

In any case, given the choice between facegen faces and real names of people I've never heard of I'd take the faces any time.

There's really no point in having academy-level players that are anything but newgens. Which researcher is going to be able to pick up on potential abilities of real-life 14-year-olds with any accuracy?

The same can be said for real 16/17 year olds who are in the game currently.

That academy idea and dynamic league rep is all i need for FM11 tbh, i've loved FM10 and i wouldnt want to see much of a change although a press conference overhaul would be welcome because i don't know anybody who actually does them.

Same here, but more added so when you win something, you feel you've achieved, instead of a few messages saying well done, you've brought success again ect.

Maybe a trophy presentation, and a trophy cabinet, please? :o

by improved training, i do hope they allow players to be group together for training so that they get accustomed to playing with each other faster, especially for new signings..

eg, allow defenders to have focus group training on their defensive works and attacking players playing against the defensive players etc..

the capello 'real-time' index would be better than the current attribute index :]

How and why do you make that assertion? The only problems I can see with the current format are a) letting a team's fans will sometimes cause players to be overrated (how else are you going to get the data though, and I only ever find a sustained problem with mid-level English players a more general problem) and b) Mascio and Cascio.

Archived