FM 11 Details

one thing i would put money on would be changes to the press conference system, i dont recall seeing anyone on here that actually likes them in their current form, i find them so tedious.

I'm sure many managers in real life find them tedious as well, though!

However I do agree - After a season or two it gets very repetitive.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about the function for players PA/CA to alter. e.g michael owens attributes 5 years ago would have been immense. with a few injuries hes now pretty average, some system which takes this kind of thing into account would be perfect, never mind the "night efffects". also taking into account players like crouch who were thought as garbage at a young age but turned into gems, maybe more unpredictable scout reports or a late bloomer/early bloomer hidden stat

Interesting.

Anyway, as it regards beta testing, bugs are found. Even the obvious ones. They all can't be fixed though and even if they can, sometimes they produce bad reasults elsewhere. As related to that, a big fix is done and later in the process that correction causes another bug but it's spotted late. The priority then is to make the game as playable as possible. That's how release day bugs are in the game. There has to be priority, not all bugs can be fixed and as one is fixed another is spotted. As more complexity is added this happens. SI would need to get massively bigger to be able to improve on this but I'm sure there are limiting factors. Outsourcing maybe?

i think si tried a larger beta test on fm07 with people from this forum, but i seem to remember some idiot shared it on pirate bay which was the end of that idea.

maybe its just the whole misconstruing things when they are written down rather than spoken, its just "why the hell are you still banging on about it" came across as unnecessarily abrasive, to me at least. Like I said Im under no illusions its going to happen anytime soon but would be my number 1 improvement. Thinking about it tho if the feature was realistic I wonder how much difference a manager in game could make to the standing of a whole league over the course of a career short of taking 9 or 10 teams to European glory and into new stadiums, one teams dominance would be more likely to stagnate a league.

personally i wouldnt mind if there werent any groundbreaking new features this year and instead SI concentrated on improving the match engine and "polishing" the existing features, back in the real world i suppose this is never going to happen as it wont sell copies.

one thing i would put money on would be changes to the press conference system, i dont recall seeing anyone on here that actually likes them in their current form, i find them so tedious.

Indeed, reading my post again, I can see the attitude that wasn't in my head. So apologies to all for that.

For the record I'd love dynamic league rep in and agree that it would be fantastic challenge to take a league up the rankings.

Agree about your last 2 points too. I wouldn't be too sad if there were no major changes as long as what we've got is improved upon.

I've aired my feelings about press conferences enough. They could be so good so please SI make it so, because currently they are at best tedious, at worst seriously flawed.

Indeed, reading my post again, I can see the attitude that wasn't in my head. So apologies to all for that.

For the record I'd love dynamic league rep in and agree that it would be fantastic challenge to take a league up the rankings.

Agree about your last 2 points too. I wouldn't be too sad if there were no major changes as long as what we've got is improved upon.

I've aired my feelings about press conferences enough. They could be so good so please SI make it so, because currently they are at best tedious, at worst seriously flawed.

I would also like to apologize if i came across as ignorant and displayed attitude, as this was not my intentions. Im just excited :D.

I would also like to apologize if i came across as ignorant and displayed attitude, as this was not my intentions. Im just excited :D.

Its all good. We're all excited. However there's still 3 months til its out and its not even officially announced yet.

What is really exciting right now is, the football seasons back in 2 weeks time. Then we can all start arguing about how players will be rated in 11 ;)

There's no doubt that FM10 is the best iteration in the Football Manager series, yet all anyone seems able to do is complain about it. True there were bugs, but for the vast majority of consumers on launch day the game was playable. Compared to any other Managerial sim or previous Football Manager, FM10 is infinitely better. I'm not saying that FM10 is perfect, but I think we should take a step back and appreciate was is undoubtably a great game.

There are a few things, however I'd like to see in FM11. As a previous post said it would be great for clubs to have greater individuality. So clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona and Man Utd, to a certain extent, a more focussed on youth compared to a club like Man City. The ability to change things like the size of the backroom staff, how strict the regime is on players, away game accommodation. Things which on their own mean little but together give each club a personality. Obviously 'Dynamic Rep' for leagues and international teams would be great. And finally I hope that Si don't change the UI again. I think its good the way it is and I think they should concentrate on other features rather than complete UI overhauls each year.

Regen managers need to be better.They become crap in a long term game and use strange formations from the start like 4-2-4, 3-5-2, 5-3-2.

Seconding this strongly.

Regen players end up looking a little bit like the players in the original database (and they're getting closer and closer every year), but regen staff (especially managers) are worse across the board. In 2025, the game simply will not create a Wenger, a Ferguson - even if his PA's there and he reaches it, all of his points will be in coaching. His tactical and managerial ratings will all be a bit ****.

Is there any reason for the game to not show us players' disliked personnel and teams?

Also, regen players' personalities end out coming weird. The game needs some people to be set to "personality type: douchebag" but the game doesn't generate captains, model professionals, etc. in the same numbers.

i honestly think every member of the whole group of people involved with the making of fm deserve a pat on the shoulder for making a top qaultity game year in . yes there are faults but with the size of engine they use it would be near enough impossiible for there not to be any.

ScottyCM - we were not interested in merging the best of both games together. We did love Pro Evo, and got frustrated with data issues (not individual stats, but incorrect player positions), so let them use our database for one version many, many, years ago.

The average playing time for each FM customer on FM09 was 240 hours.

The huge delays between CM1/2/3 were due to complete re-writes of the whole engine and platform layer behind the game. We don't need to do that anymore. And each of the years inbetween the "big" releases had updated versions, so there wasn't really a huge delay at all!

StevoRobbo - the Xbox360 market is very small for a game like ours, and when we released the previous versions on the platform, they did not perform. A large part of that was because of the control methodology, but another large part was due to people not wanting to sit infront of their TV's for hours upon hours playing a game that isn't that pretty to watch. Our user studies show that the majority of people who play FM on their PC's or Mac's do other things whilst playing, whether that be browse the web, watch a film (on the TV or the PC) and TV.

That last statement is a surprise to me personally I couldn't do that, how can they concentrate on the game, an average game takes me about 2 hours by the time I have paused it a few times to analyise and make adjustments FM is the only game I p;lay ( I work long hours) but when i do play I like to totaly imerse myself in the virtual world of a football manager>

That last statement is a surprise to me personally I couldn't do that, how can they concentrate on the game, an average game takes me about 2 hours by the time I have paused it a few times to analyise and make adjustments FM is the only game I p;lay ( I work long hours) but when i do play I like to totaly imerse myself in the virtual world of a football manager>

Tbh I often have the Tv on while FM'ing but unless I'm in the summer window I usually end up ignoring the telly and losing myself in FM.

how about the function for players PA/CA to alter. e.g michael owens attributes 5 years ago would have been immense. with a few injuries hes now pretty average, some system which takes this kind of thing into account would be perfect, never mind the "night efffects". also taking into account players like crouch who were thought as garbage at a young age but turned into gems, maybe more unpredictable scout reports or a late bloomer/early bloomer hidden stat

This issue has been done to death, CAs do change due to injury, training etc. so there's no problem there. But the problem is the CA, which is basically a maximal value, i.e. "This is how good a player can possibly get". Now researchers will get PAs wrong especially for younger players, but that doesn't mean throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Malleable PA will basically mean unlimited PA thus allowing a player with the right facilities and training/mentoring method to outperform the AI (as if we need another way to do that). Fixed PA in my opinion stays. But a more comlex algorithm for player development is needed, so that you get the late bloomers/early wonderkinds who never follow on.

P.S. Crouch is still garbage, despite tabloid hype.

Ok somebody has made this thread and it got closed after a comment from Neil Brock

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219905-Will-there-be-a-FM-2011-or

Now heres the thing Neil, yes your right to close the thread but why give an answer like that? Why not just deny the rumours, say FM11 is being released and then close it. Then it is finished.

That response will only cause the OP to think that something really is going on. If it isn't true then just point blank deny it instead of leaving it unclear and open to more rumours.

Ok somebody has made this thread and it got closed after a comment from Neil Brock

Now heres the thing Neil, yes your right to close the thread but why give an answer like that? Why not just deny the rumours, say FM11 is being released and then close it. Then it is finished.

That response will only cause the OP to think that something really is going on. If it isn't true then just point blank deny it instead of leaving it unclear and open to more rumours.

That wasn't a good answer. For me, in few days will be official news, i hope at the beginning of next week.

i honestly think every member of the whole group of people involved with the making of fm deserve a pat on the shoulder for making a top qaultity game year in . yes there are faults but with the size of engine they use it would be near enough impossiible for there not to be any.

I think you got your term slightly wrong here "pat on the shoulder" is what you do when you hear someone's dog has been run over by a lorry. "Pat on the back" is the congratulatory one, especially if you're an employer whose workers have done a great job, and you want to congratulate them without giving them the promised raise:p.

Otherwise I agree totally with the sentiments of the poster and want to second it.

Theres nothing wrong with his answer. He's just toeing the company line. We all know 11 will be made and be released. Like all corporate entities SI/Sega want to control as much of the info flow as they can, which is obviously extremely difficult in this age of the interweb.

You're reading far too much into it Stevo.

Theres nothing wrong with his answer. He's just toeing the company line. We all know 11 will be made and be released. Like all corporate entities SI/Sega want to control as much of the info flow as they can, which is obviously extremely difficult in this age of the interweb.

You're reading far too much into it Stevo.

Im not reading into anything. I know FM11 will be released. Its just why did he feel the need to respond in that way when he could have just stopped the rumour dead by sayin it is false and FM11 IS being released.

We have all seen the threads asking when it will be out and if it is being made but none have actually said anything of a rumour of that nataure.

To say shops have cancelled pre-orders and removed the release date is a pretty serious accusation so I think it deserves a proper answer and not the generic 'you'll hear it here first' line.

Im not reading into anything. I know FM11 will be released. Its just why did he feel the need to respond in that way when he could have just stopped the rumour dead by sayin it is false and FM11 IS being released.

We have all seen the threads asking when it will be out and if it is being made but none have actually said anything of a rumour of that nataure.

To say shops have cancelled pre-orders and removed the release date is a pretty serious accusation so I think it deserves a proper answer and not the generic 'you'll hear it here first' line.

Because it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps the rumour mill going which is good for publicity and sales. No ones cancelled pre orders they've just stopped taking them.

Because it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps the rumour mill going which is good for publicity and sales. No ones cancelled pre orders they've just stopped taking them.

Im just thinking if you apply that to a real life situation, people would naturally think something is wrong.

If somebody gets accused of something and they haven't done it, they will come out and deny it straight away. If they release a comment saying an announcement will be made soon, 99.9% of the time they are guilty.

Dragging something out isnt going to sell more copies. It just fuels more rumours, and unwanted rumours at that.

Im just thinking if you apply that to a real life situation, people would naturally think something is wrong.

If somebody gets accused of something and they haven't done it, they will come out and deny it straight away. If they release a comment saying an announcement will be made soon, 99.9% of the time they are guilty.

Dragging something out isnt going to sell more copies. It just fuels more rumours, and unwanted rumours at that.

Are you being serious?

Surely him saying that if there's any FM news you'll hear it here first, means that the rumour of FM11 not being released isn't true, otherwise you would have heard it here first. Why is that hard to understand?

There has been no announcement of FM11 not being released, therefore any rumours suggesting this aren't true. Can't put it simpler than that. Why does it need to be spelled out?

Are you being serious?

Surely him saying that if there's any FM news you'll hear it here first, means that the rumour of FM11 not being released isn't true, otherwise you would have heard it here first. Why is that hard to understand?

There has been no announcement of FM11 not being released, therefore any rumours suggesting this aren't true. Can't put it simpler than that. Why does it need to be spelled out?

I know FM11 will be released. Im on about the point of it though.

I'll say it again!

All you have to do is deny the rumour. He can still copy and paste in his line 'you will hear it here first' but just deny it aswell. Even if it is just to satisfy that persons question.

I usually have the TV on, web browser open, teamspeak on, IRC open, spotify open and then pottering around the house doing general things.

I know FM11 will be released. Im on about the point of it though.

I'll say it again!

All you have to do is deny the rumour. He can still copy and paste in his line 'you will hear it here first' but just deny it aswell. Even if it is just to satisfy that persons question.

He's answered the question though.

And the stuff about 'being guilty' surely that doesn't apply to creating football management sims. The scenario that you are creating has more to do with much more serious accusations than 'your not making a game this year'.

He's answered the question though.

And the stuff about 'being guilty' surely that doesn't apply to creating football management sims. The scenario that you are creating has more to do with much more serious accusations than 'your not making a game this year'.

Yes he did provide an answer but didn't answer the question. There is a difference.

Yes he did provide an answer but didn't answer the question. There is a difference.

Is there? What is the difference? Someone said that FM11 wouldn't be released, he said that you will hear any news about FM11 here first. Therefore the rumour is untrue as it wasn't announced here first. He didn't put it in huge bold letters but the question was answered. I don't see the need for any further clarification as it's been clarified.

Is there? What is the difference? Someone said that FM11 wouldn't be released, he said that you will hear any news about FM11 here first. Therefore the rumour is untrue as it wasn't announced here first. He didn't put it in huge bold letters but the question was answered. I don't see the need for any further clarification as it's been clarified.

Where does he say the rumour is untrue? The OP provided a rumour and asked if the game was dead. The response in no way denies the rumour or even hints at the fact there WILL be an FM11.

A response in that way can be taken either way. The OP may feel that he's putting off answering the question and may think even more that there will be no FM11.

Others may feel that if he says there will be news regarding FM11 then there must be a FM11.

Have you thought the news about FM11 could be there is no FM11?

Look, we know there is a FM11 but the OP was asking a simple question that only needed a simple answer. Not a 'lets wait and see' response.

Look, we know there is a FM11 but the OP was asking a simple question that only needed a simple answer. Not a 'lets wait and see' response.

He got a simple answer. If there is any news on FM11 you will hear it here first. Simple.

This :thup:

Stevo, leave the conspiracy theories alone man! ;)

Honestly mate im not trying to start any conspiracy theories or anything. I just dont see why a question can't be answered. Im mean actually answer the question, not just give the same response time and time again.

What is with the secrecy crap. I can understand that response if people are asking what features are in FM11 or when will it be out. As you say, thats keeping people on their toes and could build up the excitment. This was different though.

Somebody provided an a rumour which if true is quite a serious issue IMO so I think it would have been better to respond to the rumour and stop it dead in its tracks.

Thats all im saying :D

Honestly mate im not trying to start any conspiracy theories or anything. I just dont see why a question can't be answered. Im mean actually answer the question, not just give the same response time and time again.

What is with the secrecy crap. I can understand that response if people are asking what features are in FM11 or when will it be out. As you say, thats keeping people on their toes and could build up the excitment. This was different though.

Somebody provided an a rumour which if true is quite a serious issue IMO so I think it would have been better to respond to the rumour and stop it dead in its tracks.

Thats all im saying :D

If SI/Sega (or any major company for that matter) answered every ridiculous rumour like this they wouldn't have time for anything else.

Why should they answer internet nonsense. It was on facebook ffs, which is worse than anything for puerile nonsense. Which this is.

Fair play to SI for sticking to their guns on this. When the leak happened Miles came on here and said all official news will come from Si/sega through their websites and forums when they are ready. Some muppet on fb has blown it all out of context, as have you with your reaction.

If SI/Sega (or any major company for that matter) answered every ridiculous rumour like this they wouldn't have time for anything else.

Why should they answer internet nonsense. It was on facebook ffs, which is worse than anything for puerile nonsense. Which this is.

Fair play to SI for sticking to their guns on this. When the leak happened Miles came on here and said all official news will come from Si/sega through their websites and forums when they are ready. Some muppet on fb has blown it all out of context, as have you with your reaction.

The thread was responded to though. If he had time to respond then he had time to actually answer the question properly. If they dont want to actually answer the quesiton then just close the thread.

Anyway lets leave it now and move on. Ive made my point :D

The thread was responded to though. If he had time to respond then he had time to actually answer the question properly. If they dont want to actually answer the quesiton then just close the thread.

Anyway lets leave it now and move on. Ive made my point :D

So you don't think he could have copied and pasted his answer from a 'stock answer sheet'?

Anyway now i've made my point we can move on ;)

• Administrators

Maybe I didn't phrase it in the greatest way possible, but essentially all I was saying was "You want to hear any announcements about Sports Interactive games, wait for us to announce it via our websites". It's essentially what Miles has said as well.

Anyone from SI games, will network games be using the same protocols and ports as last year? I work for an ISP and it'd be good for us to have our traffic management system identify and prioritise this as a game from launch.

regarding announcements i would expect something between now and the end of August as for FM10 it was the 12th of August it was announced but we shall see.

Archived