Last 16 - Japan v Paraguay 3PM

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very favourable draws for the 2 weakest SA teams, plus all 6 European teams drawn together in the last 16.

favorable draws? they overcame Italy and France in the group stage, so they deserve it. Those last tho were obviously rubbish, but at the start of the tournament everyone put them ahead of their competition.

Tournament isn't in Europe and European teams always struggle outside of Europe iirc. Just like South American teams generally struggle when the WC is in Europe.

But the conditions in South Africa are more European than South American, surely? In terms of the weather, I mean.

I feel sorry for Red Hector. He is at this game :D

In a warped way I was quite happy to see a shootout since it's another thing I can tick off my World Cup experience :D

Not a great game but Nestor Ortigoza... what a player. Doesn't look like he should be a footballer but ran the show

250px-Ortigoza2.jpg

This match was with quite some distance the poorest show of the entire WC imo. Japan refused to play ball and Paraguay were so, so horribly poor. Couldn't string two passes together.

I'm voting for sending both teams home and letting Mexico progress instead :D

Archived