Group C - England v USA Match Thread - ITV 1 7:30PM

Rhino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favourite American person football quote was Zac Effron. He was quoted as saying he hopes USA do well in their first match against Mancester United. Clueless gimp.

followed by jackie chans "some really good teams in the wc , barcelona , milan, usa, england, brazil"

What? I never said he wasn't as good as James.

Hart is young, has barely played for England, and Green has earned his place imo.

Sorry, meant to put Green :) Hart's been sensational this season whereas neither Green or James have done anything overly impressive and have even looked shaky at times. Hart's as young as Lloris iirc and look at how he's flourished for France.

The way I see it

James has had more than his chance playing for England. Without going into the mistakes he makes.

Hart is young and will get his time.

Green is 30 and will prob never get another chance, and has earned his place by playing in most of the qualifying games.

followed by jackie chans "some really good teams in the wc , barcelona , milan, usa, england, brazil"

Ask the average English person who they like to win the 2010 baseball world series and they wouldn't have a clue.

Then ask them who is favorite for the Baseball World Cup.

Then pick the worst clips and show them on ESPN and laugh at how clueless English people are.

The way I see it

James has had more than his chance playing for England. Without going into the mistakes he makes.

Green is 30 and will prob never get another chance, and has earned his place by playing in most of the qualifying games.

Not wishing to analyse the merits of our keepers, to do so on the basis of sentimentality is absurd.

James > Hart > Foster > Smithies > Loach > Random piece of chewing gum stuck to my shoe >>>>>>> Green.

Surely how Green has done for England is more than how he (and the other goalies) have done in club level, as they will be playing for England in the WC. And this is probably Capello's reasoning.

The way I see it

I want the best goalkeeper in our goal :) Hart's the best goalkeeper. I don't mind Green that much, but your reason for wanting Green to play in goal (because he might not get a chance again) is laughable.

I want the best goalkeeper in our goal :) Hart's the best goalkeeper. I don't mind Green that much, but your reason for wanting Green to play in goal (because he might not get a chance again) is laughable.

That wasn't my only reason for Green to play. The main reason is as they just said on TV he's played 9 out of 12 qualifying games, and we finished top of our group etc..

Where's everyone watching the game then? Most of my mates are either working or being gay and watching it with their mum and dad. Just me and my girlfriend for tonight, which will still be awesome. Would go down the pub but they were packed at 6. Just feel like you can shout and cheer better in the pub.

Don't get the squad selection hate here at all.

Capello is going with the proven partnership of Heskey/Rooney over a bigger risk of trying out the Gerrard playing off Rooney tactic or anyother less tried one. Which is the better isn't the point he's putting risk against benefit. The Heskey partnership has worked so try it. Doesn't matter if it's not best, try out new tactics on the easier games.

As for goalkeeper; James clearly isn't fit and whilst Hart has shown promise its too bigger of a game for someone with 3 games to be tried. U.S.A are better than people are giving them credit for. Green is fit and proven. Like the strike force, experiment later.

Gerrard/Lampard midfield. Sure it hasn't worked but do you really want one left on the bench? Or Carrick who had a howler against Mexico to play and oush somebody who's earnt their place like Cole or Milner out? Try it out. Both are world class players so it won't be a disaster. If it isnt working rejiggle to formation a little.

2-1 win for England. Tight game. Usa take the lead around 15mins in with a Donovan goal. Rooney to score early in the 2nd half with Gerard getting the final goal after a formation rejiggle. Media to doubt our chances tomorrow. A poor ref permormance, first of the tournament and the ball to cause some controversy. Off to a mates to watch it in a bit. C'mon England!!!!

You know your stuff :cool::thup:

Oh I know.. :cool:

Surely how Green has done for England is more than how he (and the other goalies) have done in club level, as they will be playing for England in the WC. And this is probably Capello's reasoning.

Don't take it too seriously mate :) I am just messing about!

Gerrard/Lampard midfield. Sure it hasn't worked but do you really want one left on the bench? Or Carrick who had a howler against Mexico to play and oush somebody who's earnt their place like Cole or Milner out? Try it out. Both are world class players so it won't be a disaster. If it isnt working rejiggle to formation a little.

Yes. One on the bench would be fine, Milner was as bad as Carrick against Mexico so not sure on your reasoning there. Both are world class players so won't be a disaster? What about all the other hundreds of times they've played together? Hopefully Capello will be able to make Gerrard play a reasonably disciplined game which would give the partnership a chance of working.

Still reasonably confident of the win, should have enough.

James is capable of making saves that Green can't, but he's far more likely to make a howler as well. Hart has never played a game of this importance for club or country, it's far too soon to risk him. If he plays and makes a massive mistake it could potentially ruin his England career before it's even started. Green is by far the safest option of the three.

SSN reporting the team 40 minutes late.

Amateurs.

They dont care when the games are not on Sky.

During the qualifiers, they were more interested in golf or cricket or a sport they could show.

If its not on Sky, England might as well not be playing.

Is Findley a surprise pick? I've never even heard of him before. Think this will be a tight one but England should have enough quality to win. Might not be great football.

Did anyone see the BBC's 'insider's look'? Mentions such crucial US players such as 'Guchi Onaweyu' and "Steve Tuerunderoll" :D Anyone come on US and A!

Cant believe none of my mates are interested in going to the pub to watch this.

Most of the neighbours are going so going to go with them. Went past said put at 3:45 and it was already jam packed.

Archived