The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
to SI:

Ive downloaded and installed the new update the first minutes it came out. Is it a good idea to start a seriously long game now, or should it be smarter to wait some days (maybe the 10.2 update will be 'tweaked' a little bit or/and some extra things will be fixed)

Is it possible that something like this happens? I mean will the 10.2 update 'maybe' be 'updated' the following hours/days ???

Or are you guys 100% sure the 10.2 patch which is available since a couple of hours will be definite version till a next large update ???

To be honest I've got a version of 10.0 which I've patched up to 10.2 and carried on playing, so if I were you I'd just start up now and carry on. It's very unlikely we'd be releasing any sort of 'update' of this patch anytime soon.

Im not Mozzer Re: The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lack of background change-ability for those not running Steam, unless I'm hopelessly mistaken - and I hope I am......

--

anyone?

Pre Patch 37% shots on target, 42% of shots on target resulted in goals.

Post Patch 46% of shots on target, 31% of shots on target result in goals.

Pre patch goals scored per league game 2.38, post patch 2.20

Pre patch goals conceded 1.11 per league game, post patch 1.40.

End of season

Pre Patch 37% shots on target, 42% of shots on target resulted in goals.

Post Patch 46% of shots on target, 31% of shots on target result in goals.

Pre patch goals scored per league game 2.38, post patch 2.29

Pre patch goals conceded 1.11 per league game, post patch 1.29

So post patch I got a higher proportion of shots on target with a reduced success rate.

Apologies ;)

There is/was an issue with some XMLs conflicting with the Singapore league, meaning that trying to run both that and the Singapore league causes a crash.

Don't take this for certain, as the person that would know for certain is currently at White Hart Lane - but I do recall something matching this description being fixed some while back. So yes, I think so :)

To be honest I've got a version of 10.0 which I've patched up to 10.2 and carried on playing, so if I were you I'd just start up now and carry on. It's very unlikely we'd be releasing any sort of 'update' of this patch anytime soon.

to be sure everything works well, Ive reinstalled the game (cleared the cache) and updated to 10.2

but I remember one of the patches last year which was posted on the forums, was re-updated (maybe an important fix) just some days later I think. BUT this 'update' was not mentioned, so people didn't know that they had to redown again... (i read this somewhere in the bugs threads)

I hope it won't be the case this time

Can you try clearing your cache files please.

Close the game and follow these steps:

Once done start the game again and see if it's helped.

If not could you post a screenshot of the issue please.

Im having the same issue on windows XP (1.75gb ram and an ATI Radeon HD 4450 512mb graphics card) Problem looks like this

http://tinypic.com/r/k3xj5z/6

• Administrators
Im having the same issue on windows XP (1.75gb ram and an ATI Radeon HD 4450 512mb graphics card) Problem looks like this

2ns10qv.jpg

Delete the settings folder:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
I can't seem to find, on the list, the fix for the registering of players in EPL. Are players under 21 still not able to get their own personal number without being part of the 25 named players?

No, any potential fix for that could have caused too many other knock-on issues at this stage, so is currently unsupported in that form. Sorry.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

Forgot to mention I tried that already. The screenshot was taken after deleting the specified folder.

yes man more than 10 times

Just a suggestion, have you contacted Steam about this? They may be able to help.

I'm not sure why your game through them would be set to unavailable. Since it doesn't appear to be happening to lots of other people they may know the reason and how to fix it.

I auto update it with my stream, then i start my FM, it come up with those advertisement as usual, but after that, it is a black screen, it will never go to the main meun, anyone have the same problem? how to solve it? many thanks!

• Administrators
I auto update it with my stream, then i start my FM, it come up with those advertisement as usual, but after that, it is a black screen, it will never go to the main meun, anyone have the same problem? how to solve it? many thanks!

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

I am getting the black screen on my Steam game as well, even after trying all of the above. After logging out of Steam etc.

And when I go back in to Documents and Settings/SI/FM2010, despite deleting the FM2010 folder, it seems to have reappeared.

Steam is still showing under view update news as V10.1.1 as well, despite having been logged in to Steam (and repeatedly logging myself in and out) for past 2-3 hours.

Gutted. :) I was merrily playing away with no probs under 10.1.1 as well. Playing nothing now.

Remind me again of the 'plus' side of even poking Steam with a bargepole. Oh for the good old 'simple' days!! :D

Defense doesn't seem fixed my assist manager still says our tackling sucks, and i see if from the game

and 2 things :

How do i get rid of this crap

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6878/wtfl.png

and also you have got to be kidding me translation gets worse, none of the staff job's names were fixed and they were freaking reported and solutions advised:mad:

Research is bad , translation is bad for ffs ,

example of the nice translator job:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9762/wt2h.jpg

• Administrators
I am getting the black screen on my Steam game as well, even after trying all of the above. After logging out of Steam etc.

And when I go back in to Documents and Settings/SI/FM2010, despite deleting the FM2010 folder, it seems to have reappeared.

Steam is still showing under view update news as V10.1.1 as well, despite having been logged in to Steam (and repeatedly logging out) for past 2-3 hours.

Gutted. :) I was merrily playing away with no probs under 10.1.1 as well. Playing nothing now.

Remind me again of the 'plus' side of even poking Steam with a bargepole. Oh for the good old 'simple' days!! :D

The folder will reappear, that's fine. You may need to update your graphics drivers, however it seems odd that you only need to do so with the 10.2 patch. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
Defense doesn't seem fixed my assist manager still says our tackling sucks, and i see if from the game

and 2 things :

How do i get rid of this crap

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6878/wtfl.png

and also you have got to be kidding me translation gets worse, none of the staff job's names were fixed and they were freaking reported and solutions advised:mad:

Research is bad , translation is bad for ffs ,

example of the nice translator job:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9762/wt2h.jpg

Are you using a custom skin?

I have the Mac eSellerate version of the game. Downloaded 10.2, seemed to install OK (when I "get info" on the game, it says 10.2).

However, if I try and launch the game I get the following dialog box:

Cannot run game: Failed to set up copy protection system.

Error: eSellerate engine not installed.

Code: -2003

Note that I DEFINITELY downloaded the eSellerate version of the patch.

Any ideas?

Thx

Archived