The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My game doesn't run faster at all. Continuing in game seems slower although I'm not certain about that, but when selecting a player in the tactics screen to edit his personal instructions, the game always seem to hang up for a couple of seconds before the screen updates.

Pre Patch 37% shots on target, 42% of shots on target resulted in goals.

Post Patch 46% of shots on target, 31% of shots on target result in goals.

Pre patch goals scored per league game 2.38, post patch 2.20

Pre patch goals conceded 1.11 per league game, post patch 1.40.

Are there a lot of database changes? I mean, is this like a major transfer window-esque update where there are wholesale changes of lots of players' abilities and potentials, or it it just a few small tweaks and tidies?

Just trying to decide whether it's worth starting a new game or not

Yeah, players on your shortlist will now appear in your inbox if approached by other clubs or other noteworthy news. Cheers.

I now get the message that Milan have made a bid for a player in my shortlist but it never says if the offer is accepted only says that the player signed for them even though i have made a bid.

Uh oh, I never had a single issue and now I'm getting quite a few crashdumps. Could this be because I am a scandelous cheat and added the files the displayed CA/PA/hidden attributes in game to the standard skin?

It happens when I look at team sheets of teams I have players on loan at and when I got to my shortlist

6 leagues Intel core2 quad q6600 3Gb if that helps at all

• Administrators
I now get the message that Milan have made a bid for a player in my shortlist but it never says if the offer is accepted only says that the player signed for them even though i have made a bid.

Did your bid ever get rejected? Are you running the game from Steam, digital download or DVD? Let me know, thanks.

- U21 and U19 national manager jobs now show up correctly, about damn time, whats the point in applying for a national job and never hearing from them!

2 achievements at the same time fixed - good, now maybe get steam to improve optimization with the steam cloud so it syncs better

GE Updates - Nice, but can you please improve the ball physics so it interacts better with the environment, it goes "through" subs benches, stadium stands, adverts etc which spoils the realism approach.

Stadiums - When can we expect to be able to see stadium construction in progress (cranes and such) and when will the pixelly crowds be removed and replaced with proper realism animations where they have the burning smoke lights (like in the Man Utd treble finale with Bayern Munich) or scarfs that they wave and the fan "wave" that we see sometimes because I have to tell you...the "people" I see in stadiums totally ruins the genuine effect and looks more like a cheap rip off unworthy of an FM game and makes me feel cheated of my £35....I didnt pay money to look at half baked fans in stadiums....you can do SO much better!!!

This may not be the place to ask this, but with the new database, Genie Scout doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try to load the game it says "unknown database version 1392", and that's with both compressed and uncompressed. Any solution, or will we just have to wait for the Scout people to upgrade it?

Stu with regards to regens attributes being higher in the new patch. Does this imply to regens generated before the 10.2 patch? Ie there are loads of regens in the database with poor mental stats. Will 10.2 improve the old regens or just the new regens?

Newgens won't automatically adjust, but the changes should affect future player progression and future newgens.

When I click on the donwload patch for the patch it asks me if I want to "find" "save" or "cancel". What do I do as there is no "run" option. If I save it somewhere & then try to open it it searches the web and cannot open the file.

I am downloading from the link provided from SI at the top of the forum.

• Administrators
When I click on the donwload patch for the patch it asks me if I want to "find" "save" or "cancel". What do I do as there is no "run" option. If I save it somewhere & then try to open it it searches the web and cannot open the file.

I am downloading from the link provided from SI at the top of the forum.

Make sure you're downloading the correct one and just save it to your computer. You can then run it when it's finished downloading by double clicking it. If it asks for a program to run it, you may need to rename the file and add '.exe' to it. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Uh oh, I never had a single issue and now I'm getting quite a few crashdumps. Could this be because I am a scandelous cheat and added the files the displayed CA/PA/hidden attributes in game to the standard skin?

It happens when I look at team sheets of teams I have players on loan at and when I got to my shortlist

6 leagues Intel core2 quad q6600 3Gb if that helps at all

Happened with me too. Crashed when I tried to go on the squad screen (where CA/PA was displayed before). Used the instructions in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159275

and it is all fine now.

Am I the only one who has the game stop for a few seconds when I try to click on a player on the tactics screen, if the "point of origin" isn't another players tactics? Seems to happen quite a bit. Might be my computer, which seems to have a thing right now.

How's everyones processing times since installing the new patch? Mine was running great before, now it's runs like a 3 legged donkey! May have to re-install the game and go back to 10.1.1 if this carries on!!!

• Administrators

People who are suffering issues with slowdown and blackness, I suggest deleting the following folder:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

It does but through steam this is a lot quicker than doing it via other methods.

You can try removing the editor exe and then re-trying the validate local cache route. Otherwise removing local content and downloading again may well do the trick.

Or you can wait until the Editor expert get online.

I just finished deleting and re-downloading everything and it still doesn't work!?!?

How's everyones processing times since installing the new patch? Mine was running great before, now it's runs like a 3 legged donkey! May have to re-install the game and go back to 10.1.1 if this carries on!!!

my processing time wasnt too bad before but i notice an improvment with the new patch

can anyone who has windows 7 64 bit reply and say if they have a problem through steam?

Can you try clearing your cache files please.

Close the game and follow these steps:

How do I delete my Cache files?

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Once done start the game again and see if it's helped.

If not could you post a screenshot of the issue please.

to SI:

Ive downloaded and installed the new update the first minutes it came out. Is it a good idea to start a seriously long game now, or should it be smarter to wait some days (maybe the 10.2 update will be 'tweaked' a little bit or/and some extra things will be fixed)

Is it possible that something like this happens? I mean will the 10.2 update 'maybe' be 'updated' the following hours/days ???

Or are you guys 100% sure the 10.2 patch which is available since a couple of hours will be definite version till a next large update ???

Archived