The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have not been significant changes on that for this version I am afraid. Rest assured it's something we are constantly looking at and will endeavour to get as perfect as possible in the future.

I will say that there is a difference in terms of defensive midfielders attribute weighting with this patch.

I hope there are enough fixes to keep you happy and interested in the game. All the best.

damn...this was the biggest issue for me. Just no point in playing a game that spans more than a few years at the moment...

Nope, not fixed

edit: havn't removed local content... won't that mean downloading ALL of FM again?

Ok, I deleted the editor folder and then told steam to re-download missing files (verify integrity thing) - it's still showing the messed up editor in my screenie! Any other Steam users getting this?

Nope, not fixed

edit: havn't removed local content... won't that mean downloading ALL of FM again?

It does but through steam this is a lot quicker than doing it via other methods.

You can try removing the editor exe and then re-trying the validate local cache route. Otherwise removing local content and downloading again may well do the trick.

Or you can wait until the Editor expert get online.

I've downloaded the patch and when I try to run it all I get is a windown opening and very quickly closing, too quickly for me to see whats it says.

I have downloaded the right version and it does have .exe in the filename.

I guess it could be a bad download, under properties it says the size is 175 MB (183,842,101 bytes) is that right?

My patch works and it is 184*135*680 bytes. Of course, there may just be some difference but...

Actually it's new to patch 2. He was referring to the ability to give a team talk to a player you're subbing in via the Touchline Instruction's Shortcut's Quick sub option (and not via the Team Talk panel in Classic View which was the case since release).
Ah,that sounds great,all these additions are spoiling us :D ta SI

I thought that all data updates should be .xml files and database 10.0.0. Now, after installing out this patch, there is new 10.2.0 database.

What in the is this? SIGames is using database editor to create new database with updated data. For others, we can only use that crappy editor that creates .xml files. Why not give that database editor for others to use too? Just like on previous versions?

Because the editor is much quicker now that it uses XML files and they are also easier to upload or e-mail to other people.

How many leagues are you running with what sized db - likewise what are your system specs and when did you get the crash? Have you used any editors (either the SI pre-game editor or an in-game editor)? Let us know, thanks.

I'm running 25 leagues,

England (L2 and above)

France (National and above)

Germany (Third Division and above)

Italy (Serie C1 and above)

Holland (Jupiler League and above)

Portugal (Second Division and above)

Russia (First Division and above)

Scotland (Second Division and above)

Spain (Second Division B and above)

Only England is set to Playable, the rest are all View-Only. Database size is Large.

My computer specs are AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz, Palit N68S, 2gb of ram.

The crash dump occurs when I access other screens during a match - eg. team homepage, shortlist, scouts - then click 'Play' on the upper right hand corner to return to the match.

Screenshot: http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x283/xiaoken777/crashdump.jpg

I have not used any editors whatsoever. The saved game was started out of the box, then patched through to 10.2.

Bug:

I will use the Premier League as an example. Each player from a specific team has to play approximately 12 league games or more before they qualify for a Premier League Winners Medal if his team wins the Premiership title.

If his team so happens to win the Premiership title with 8 games to spare...ie after 30 games played, the Medals are handed out to those who have played 12 games or more in that 30 game period and not in a 38 game season. So, if you have someone who has played 10 league games and you decide to play him in the remaining 8 league games, at the end of the season even though he has played 18 league games in total, he won't qualify for a Medal because when his team won the Title at 30 games, he has only played 10 league games. That surely is incorrect in real life. I hope this makes sense

Please fix

Because the editor is much quicker now that it uses XML files and they are also easier to upload or e-mail to other people.

Quicker? You must be kidding.

I you want to try, I can give you edited 80K .xml file. Try it and say something about "speed". Editor is about 15x slower than FM 2008 database editor for example.

Quicker? You must be kidding.

I you want to try, I can give you edited 80K .xml file. Try it and say something about "speed". Editor is about 15x slower than FM 2008 database editor for example.

Agreed, not only is it slower to use, but it takes forever to load up in both the editor and the game!

If the sharing violation is occuring when installing the patch it could be because you have the game running?

sorry guys... thank you.

I previously downloaded the stadium backgrounds, will I need to do anything upon starting a new game, I understand they are now working?

sorry guys... thank you.

I previously downloaded the stadium backgrounds, will I need to do anything upon starting a new game, I understand they are now working?

You wouldn't need to start a new game to use the stadium backgrounds you had copied over before. But, they will only work if you have the FM 09 skin (or any unofficial skin) as they're disabled for the FM 10 skin due to how it's been designed panel transparency wise.

when you bring up the holiday options on 10.2 it doesnt remember your previous choice. Last time i holidayed on 10.1 i set a specific date to come back. Now ive patched to 10.2 i went on holiday using the 1 day option. when you go on holiday again, its back set to a specific date rather than the 1 day option from before. this is very annoying

- Added support for multiple team chants in match_sounds.cfg file.

Wooo just noticed this :D

Does this mean you can have more than one Team Chant for a team?

If so does that mean it's still the same, Your team chant is at random when your team gets a corner.

But the game will just pick one of the team's mulitple chants at random?

when you bring up the holiday options on 10.2 it doesnt remember your previous choice. Last time i holidayed on 10.1 i set a specific date to come back. Now ive patched to 10.2 i went on holiday using the 1 day option. when you go on holiday again, its back set to a specific date rather than the 1 day option from before. this is very annoying

Thanks for raising this issue.

The crash dump occurs when I access other screens during a match - eg. team homepage, shortlist, scouts - then click 'Play' on the upper right hand corner to return to the match.

Yeah, that happens to me too. So I just don't open any other screens during a match and I never get a crash dump. :)

Yeah, that happens to me too. So I just don't open any other screens during a match and I never get a crash dump. :)

The game is not meant to be played like that, unless you are telling me you are able to memorize every single stat and attributes of your players AND the opposition players.

CM/FM has gone through more than a dozen installments, something as basic as going from screen to screen should not be giving rise to errors.

This problem still occurs...My opposition was flagged for an offside, so my keeper will be taking a free kick...Instead of taking the ball to the specific area, he walks to the area first then come back to get the ball again to that area and kick it...

Turkey's reputation has decreased from 7000 to 6750 ?! why ?!

Both, Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe are group leaders in the UEFA Euro League...

and e.g. Besiktas has beaten Man Utd in CL (that are a LOT of points for Turkey...)

it's not logical...

we still do not seem to have fixed league table issue where i still get blank screen

am playing on imac top spec machine

but still not fixed

works in 10.0 but not 10.1 or 10.2

what is the problem with this

Have you downloaded any unofficial graphics? If not, have you tried deleting your cache/settings?

1. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2010,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

2. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2010,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

so far so good with the new patch, had a previous problem where the game would crash at random dates (not the memory bug though) something to do with the editor data, anyway have started a new game and have gone on holiday and half a season on its still running with no crash :) touch wood :D

hope it continues to go smoothly...

cheers SI

Has the senior squad filter screen bug been fixed as I cant seem to find it in the fixed issues list?

Regards Will

Yep, it has been fixed. There's one minor variation of the issue that may still surface (this would present the wrong filter panel, but it would still contain checkboxes to show/hide different team types), but the major example of this bug has been fixed.

Archived