The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Administrators
I have the Mac eSellerate version of the game. Downloaded 10.2, seemed to install OK (when I "get info" on the game, it says 10.2).

However, if I try and launch the game I get the following dialog box:

Cannot run game: Failed to set up copy protection system.

Error: eSellerate engine not installed.

Code: -2003

Note that I DEFINITELY downloaded the eSellerate version of the patch.

Any ideas?

Thx

Have you tried re-downloading it? It may have been a corrupted download - let me know, thanks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The folder will reappear, that's fine. You may need to update your graphics drivers, however it seems odd that you only need to do so with the 10.2 patch. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Can you offer any tips on how I update graphics drivers?? Have an old computer and am very, very thick with all things computers.

Can you offer any tips on how I update graphics drivers?? Have an old computer and am very, very thick with all things computers.

There is plenty of information for this in the FAQ.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158970

4th Post down in the thread.

If you post what graphics card you have here I can try to sniff out some drivers for you.

What were you doing in game when it crashed? How many leagues did you have loaded with what sized db? Let me know, thanks.

I'm on a large db with Argentina,Brazil,france,Germany,Holland,Italy,Russia,Scotland,Spain :View only

Ukraine and England playable.

The game was processing when it crashed.

• Administrators
I'm on a large db with Argentina,Brazil,france,Germany,Holland,Italy,Russia,Scotland,Spain :View only

Ukraine and England playable.

The game was processing when it crashed.

Does this crash reproduce when you tried running the save again?

I can't really get the game to work. New games, save games... anytime I try to access the squad screen I get the same crash.

I have deleted and cache files and reloaded the skin. Nothing changes.

But I have that thing that permits to view the hidden attributes in the squad screen.

Any tips?

Thanks

apologies if this has been mentioned already, I havent read through every single post but just skimmed through.

in a match if I go to my tactics page and click on a player to view/change his role/instructions there is a delay of around 5 seconds, the game stops entirely while it opens the player instructions page.

A part from this, the game runs smoothly, I have a perfectly good system (5 star 3D rating and an estimated game speed of 3.5 stars).

Any ideas?

I always had crash dumps after the first match (3D display). The only way not to lose something was to play a match then save, quit FM, restart FM, load the game and continue playing up to after the next match.

Patch 10.2 seems to have corrected that. I'm about to play the 4th match in a row without the need to restart FM.

Good work SI!

Thanks

• Administrators
I can't really get the game to work. New games, save games... anytime I try to access the squad screen I get the same crash.

I have deleted and cache files and reloaded the skin. Nothing changes.

But I have that thing that permits to view the hidden attributes in the squad screen.

Any tips?

Thanks

Yeah that's what's causing the issues, a fix was mentioned earlier in this thread, I suggest having a quick browse ;)

• Administrators
apologies if this has been mentioned already, I havent read through every single post but just skimmed through.

in a match if I go to my tactics page and click on a player to view/change his role/instructions there is a delay of around 5 seconds, the game stops entirely while it opens the player instructions page.

A part from this, the game runs smoothly, I have a perfectly good system (5 star 3D rating and an estimated game speed of 3.5 stars).

Any ideas?

Yeah we're aware of this issue. I'd suggest deleting your settings folder which may help, but the issue does seem to occur on random occasions:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Guest sindrebrann

Hey! playing FM online with some friends, and now the game is much slower after the patch, just like on FM 09. How do I fix this?

From the patch details:

"- Fixed player set to mark "tall player" at set piece following him out of the danger area"

Doesn't appear to be working - I just watched the opposition take a corner with my centre back standing nearer the halfway line than my own area, due to their tallest player being there. The next corner, my full back decided to mark a small player who was on the edge of the centre circle. And their third corner, it was my centre back again.

• SI Staff
I have the Mac eSellerate version of the game. Downloaded 10.2, seemed to install OK (when I "get info" on the game, it says 10.2).

However, if I try and launch the game I get the following dialog box:

Cannot run game: Failed to set up copy protection system.

Error: eSellerate engine not installed.

Code: -2003

Note that I DEFINITELY downloaded the eSellerate version of the patch.

Any ideas?

Thx

Have you tried reinstalling and repatching?

Yeah that's what's causing the issues, a fix was mentioned earlier in this thread, I suggest having a quick browse ;)

Sorry Neil, I'm not sure if I've seen the right post, but it forwards to a post where I can't see nothing about my problem.

Sorry to bother if I'm looking at the wrong place or can't understand the fix.

• Administrators
Sorry Neil, I'm not sure if I've seen the right post, but it forwards to a post where I can't see nothing about my problem.

Sorry to bother if I'm looking at the wrong place or can't understand the fix.

Yeah I'm confused. You'll just have to remove what you've added and reload the default skin in the preferences.

still no fix to the 'loan out player to another club but he will never return no matter how much you ask him nicely even if his contract runs out or if you sell him he will remain at your club eating your wages but will remian INE for all matches that you play' bug?

• Administrators
Rookie problem here guys. So I downloaded the new patch and it won't install. It wont extract to the FM program. How do I install it to the program.

You may need to re-download it, or rename it and add '.exe' to the end. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
i was playing a game of England BSP upwards on large database, with and without 3d engine. was working fine.

since patch, when i try and create a new game, it always crashdumps

Have you edited the db at all?

• Administrators
still no fix to the 'loan out player to another club but he will never return no matter how much you ask him nicely even if his contract runs out or if you sell him he will remain at your club eating your wages but will remian INE for all matches that you play' bug?

Should be fixed, have you seen an example of this in 10.2?

Any ideas?

I got this too. It's really annoying me

Archived