The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

I dont know if has been mentioned but when I click on the screen for free agent (have not tried yet on players and agents on contract) sometimes I can`t offer the contract because option in the top-right corner has gone. I do run game on custom skinn, I dont know if is this what causes the problem. Should I clear my cache files as recommended to many others?

That may be a good idea. As would trying to see if you get the same issue to reproduce on the default FM 10 skin.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't a bug. The max number of attributes you can select at any one time for ALL players (goalkeepers and outfield players) is six. It just happened to be the case before that this number equaled the total number of goalkeeper training attributes, which I presume has given you the wrong idea here.

I see. Anyway I think adding more colours would be more convenient if we want to look at all the goalkeeping attributes at a glance, since it's the only training category with more than six attributes.

I thought updates were supposed to improve the game?

Things I've found so far (but I'm sure there's plenty more):

1. When I start a new game, only sometimes does the bottom box which asks me how I'd like to be addressed has anything in there.

2. When I come to choose a team to manage, I can't actually enter a team's squad page without the game quitting unexpectedly. I have to just choose a team based on the summary rather than a closer look at the club.

3. The A/S/D changes are a lovely touch, just a shame they don't line up with the arrows.... ever!

4. Not sure if this was intentional, but the 'Match Info' tab in the game screen is now black rather than the original grey.

5. Most of my players don't recover to over 90% fitness after a few days rest from a previous game.

6. Winning away is almost impossible now.

I'm sure there's more, this is what I could remember from last night before switching the game off.

I'm playing on a new Macbook and play with the default skin. I see people keep getting asked to clear the cache. How do I do this on a Mac?

EDIT: Oh, and I appear to have lost the option of a huge database.

1. The address me as drop menu will only be populated with options as soon as you edit the first or last name pre-set textbox values. Is this what is happening to you?

2. Is this reproducing for you 100% of the time?

4. Can you please post a screenshot?

To delete your cache/settings on a Mac, you'll need to do the following:

1. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2010,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

2. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2010,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

If I do a uninstall and repatch to 10.1 will my save game still work with it even though I played on 10.2? I loved 10.1 but it's just not fun to watch 22 half dead players walk around the pitch praying for a 0-0 draw because they are so damn tired. 3 out of 5 matches I play are 0-0 draws. My striker who scored 48 in 51 last season has 4 in 17. Hell, my team went for 101 scored to 16 through 17. Just awful.

And is it just me or has the home pitch advantage been pumped up? Away matches are insanely tough all of a sudden.

If I do a uninstall and repatch to 10.1 will my save game still work with it even though I played on 10.2? I loved 10.1 but it's just not fun to watch 22 half dead players walk around the pitch praying for a 0-0 draw because they are so damn tired. 3 out of 5 matches I play are 0-0 draws. My striker who scored 48 in 51 last season has 4 in 17. Hell, my team went for 101 scored to 16 through 17. Just awful.

And is it just me or has the home pitch advantage been pumped up? Away matches are insanely tough all of a sudden.

I think it should work, as long as the save game you were playing was not started (created) in 10.2.

1. The address me as drop menu will only be populated with options as soon as you edit the first or last name pre-set textbox values. Is this what is happening to you?

2. Is this reproducing for you 100% of the time?

4. Can you please post a screenshot?

To delete your cache/settings on a Mac, you'll need to do the following:

1. It doesn't happen all of the time. I've tried to start another game and it's there straight away.

2. Yes, even in game. If I try to bring up the squad page, the game quits regardless of whether I click directly on the team (adjacent to my name) or whether I use the drop down menu to elect squad.

4. In this second game I've loaded, ALL of the drop down menus ingame are now a very dark grey, is this intentional?

Thanks for the info on deleting the cache. Is it worth me loading the game again and seeing if anything changes now I've done this?

4. In this second game I've loaded, ALL of the drop down menus ingame are now a very dark grey, is this intentional?

Thanks for the info on deleting the cache. Is it worth me loading the game again and seeing if anything changes now I've done this?

Ah I think I had misunderstood what this 'issue' was.

Yes, all TV View widgets will now have the look/appearance of the FM 10 Dark skin even when you're on the default white skin. This was mainly done because of issues we were experiencing getting this to look correctly on the FM 09 skin.

Nah, there's no need I don't think to reload the game now.

Here is my 2 cents.

1. There is definately a problem with the player fitness. At half time all of my players were on 70-75%. They just had 2 weeks off before the game and were at 100% prior to the game. The game was a dry 32 degrees and I play a slow tempo most of the time, but I vary it throughout the game. Most of my players who played the whole 90 minutes ended up on 60-65% fitness. I played further games after this and fitness would drop to around 70-75% at the end of the game on cooler match days.

2. The keepers seem to punch/rebound/deflect a lot more passes. It seems a lot more realistic at times where the keeper no longer holds on to and catches a ball from point blank. I have however watched about 30-40 games worth of highlights to see goals and quite a large number of the goals have been from goal mouth scrambles from a keeper reboud.

3. I know a lot of people are saying away games are too hard, but the reality is, away games are meant to be hard. Some sides win a lot at home but fail time and time again away (and by fail I mean a mid table side can go a year without away wins in real life). However I have just won 4 away games in a row with my fairly basic 442 with Napoli and I am glad that I no longer see outrageous stupid come backs. I go really defensive late on, play a slow passing game, and sometimes I do not even bother going forward and suddenly I have myself an away win that seems realistic to real life football.

4. I have noticed that score lines are rather low. Most games I saw ended anywhere from 0-0 to 2-0. Amazingly, I havent seen anyone score more than 3 goals in about 7 rounds of football, which is a little worrying.

5. Defending...FINALLY we have some decent defending. Cloing down, tackling, better marking etc. Its almost "too good". I also saw far less defence splitting passes.

So far the match engine seems brilliant and requires a little boost to attacking (leaving the defending alone). I prefer lower, tighter games and realistically attainable results, than abusrd come backs.

Is the Zoomed Vertical Scrolling issue fixed where it sometimes blocks the view in different stadiums?

I believe there have been improvements made here that would reduce/prevent blockage of your view. Glenn Wakeford (our lead M.E. tester) can hopefully elaborate a little more than I can.

wow... so many unexpected database changes, especially Bojan. That just makes me really really sad :(

And as the other thread says, can anyone please confirm about that Composure and Concentration training issue?

How do we train the outfield players for these attributes now, as it seems that these were removed when looking at player>training>attributes.

What's happened to Bojan?

I don't know as after reading this thread i am wary of downloading the patch.....:confused:

Here is my 2 cents.

1. There is definately a problem with the player fitness. At half time all of my players were on 70-75%. They just had 2 weeks off before the game and were at 100% prior to the game. The game was a dry 32 degrees and I play a slow tempo most of the time, but I vary it throughout the game. Most of my players who played the whole 90 minutes ended up on 60-65% fitness. I played further games after this and fitness would drop to around 70-75% at the end of the game on cooler match days.

2. The keepers seem to punch/rebound/deflect a lot more passes. It seems a lot more realistic at times where the keeper no longer holds on to and catches a ball from point blank. I have however watched about 30-40 games worth of highlights to see goals and quite a large number of the goals have been from goal mouth scrambles from a keeper reboud.

3. I know a lot of people are saying away games are too hard, but the reality is, away games are meant to be hard. Some sides win a lot at home but fail time and time again away (and by fail I mean a mid table side can go a year without away wins in real life). However I have just won 4 away games in a row with my fairly basic 442 with Napoli and I am glad that I no longer see outrageous stupid come backs. I go really defensive late on, play a slow passing game, and sometimes I do not even bother going forward and suddenly I have myself an away win that seems realistic to real life football.

4. I have noticed that score lines are rather low. Most games I saw ended anywhere from 0-0 to 2-0. Amazingly, I havent seen anyone score more than 3 goals in about 7 rounds of football, which is a little worrying.

5. Defending...FINALLY we have some decent defending. Cloing down, tackling, better marking etc. Its almost "too good". I also saw far less defence splitting passes.

So far the match engine seems brilliant and requires a little boost to attacking (leaving the defending alone). I prefer lower, tighter games and realistically attainable results, than abusrd come backs.

Yeah my biggest issue was the poor defending. I'm glad to see thats much more better ! :) Scoring a problem? Hmm, I had 65 goals in 20 matches with patch 10.1.1 running, and now three games running with 10.2 I scored eleven times. 0-3(A), 2-3 (A) and 5-1 (H).

Same here, I struggle to keep players in the 70's even after the end-game condition boost. This is with exactly the same tactics as the last patch. Also, what the hell is up with defenders condition dropping so fast too, they always used to have about 10% or so more condition at the end of a game (especially centre-backs), now they are dropping as rapidly as the rest of the team!

Shame the condition drop has been increased so drastically, when so many other bugs have been fixed. I almost prefer the previous patch because of this change.

I'm sorry but there is massive fatigue in the games. At the end of matches a lot of players are almost dying on the pitch (60% or less :eek: )

Reading this thread, I am glad I use the boxed version, no skins or added extras. My game is running great.

Anyway, to my main reason for posting here.

Have only played 8 matches with patch, but my players are actually doing what they are told.

For instance, my CB's now stay back at attacking throw ins.

I'm currently playing a modified 4-4-2 and have the 2 MC's set to play lots of thru' balls. Before the patch they just ignored this instruction. Probably played about 2 thru' balls a match. Now they play about 20 a match.

This has resulted in my team getting more shots at goal and more clear cut chances. Still don't score many more goals.

Before 10.2 patch After patch

shots 12 20

on target 7 12

long shots 6 7

clear chances 2 6

So bad news, once I played on 10.2 I can no longer play the save game on 10.1. It wasn't started on 10.2 but when I try to load it in 10.1 it just freezes. Damn, I loved this game 24 hours ago.

Bummer.

Have you not got any previous back ups of the save that you had not loaded/saved on FM 10 patch 2?

[Reading this thread, I am glad I use the boxed version, no skins or added extras. My game is running great.

Anyway, to my main reason for posting here.

Have only played 8 matches with patch, but my players are actually doing what they are told.

For instance, my CB's now stay back at attacking throw ins.

I'm currently playing a modified 4-4-2 and have the 2 MC's set to play lots of thru' balls. Before the patch they just ignored this instruction. Probably played about 2 thru' balls a match. Now they play about 20 a match.

This has resulted in my team getting more shots at goal and more clear cut chances. Still don't score many more goals.

Before 10.2 patch

shots 12

on target 7

long shots 6

clear chances 2

After patch

shots 20

on target 12

long shots 7

clear chances 6

Given that I use Steam I presume that I cannot uninstall and install back to the previous patch? Steam will just install fully patched?

Thanks

k..:)

Unfortunately, you cannot update to patch 1 on Steam (even if from a fresh re-install).

The only workaround here is if you purchased the game on DVD and choose to install the game through the non-Steam option and patch it up to 10.1 manually.

Bummer.

Have you not got any previous back ups of the save that you had not loaded/saved on FM 10 patch 2?

Nah, I do a three file rolling save but they all were over-written. I'll just treat this patch as new game and get started trying to figure it out. Thanks for the help.:thup:

Problem is I've lost interest after a day. 13 match run with 11 0-0 draws. It's just boring. Both myself and the AI are creating chances, but now the strikers can't score at all. My 25 league goals guaranteed striker is on a 19 hour scoreless streak and his partner up front is on 15.

Bardi Golriz,

The new patch seems to have introduced a delay on the tactics screen when clicking between different players during a match (i.e. to select different roles and duties etc.). Is this an issue that you are aware of or is it worth reporting as a 'bug'?

Thanks,

C.

It is something we're already aware of, so there won't be any need to report it on the bug forums.

How quickly and frequently are you able to get this to occur? Immediately or after switching between a few players? Every time you're on the Tactics panel? Or sometimes?

I am a MAC user and just insalled the new patch and my game has stopped working

when i load it up it says insert disk but i downloaded the game over the internet!

how can i fix guys?

cheers

Make sure you downloaded the esellerate version. If you didn't just go back and download it then install and it'll work fine.

Did you touch the probability of Injuries? I didn't see it in the change list for 10.2, but it feels like I definitely get much more injuries with serious injuries being more common.

I thought the number injuries / serious injuries was too low before the latest patch, now it might have gone a bit too far.

It is something we're already aware of, so there won't be any need to report it on the bug forums.

How quickly and frequently are you able to get this to occur? Immediately or after switching between a few players? Every time you're on the Tactics panel? Or sometimes?

Thanks for getting back to me.

It seems to occur intermittently on my machine. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and other times it happens for every player I click on. More often, it seems fine while I click on a few players to start with and then the delay starts to occur after a short while.

It only seems to happen while a match is being played. I haven't had the problem when adjusting tactics prior to beginning a match on the ordinary tactics panel.

It's not a major problem but can be a little frustrating.

Thanks,

C.

Look how much the condition has gone down in this match. All players started on 95%+, defenders are finishing on similar condition to wingers and strikers. It's nothing to do with my tactics as they are exactly the same as the previous patch, and it's happening to both me and the AI (I'm Hull at the moment). This is my only complaint about the patch, is there any reason why condition drop was increased so much?

25pqxc5.jpg

Reading this thread, I am glad I use the boxed version, no skins or added extras. My game is running great.

Same here, only played a few games with the new patch last night but everything seems to be running with no problems.

Looking forward to a fun filled few weeks over xmas with FM10 now :cool:

I have now played for numerous hours with this patch and I am getting very frustrated. Whereas before this patch my team played well at home and reasonable away they play poor in both aspects.

If I take the lead at home and change to a defensive tactic the opposition will equalise within 5mins. Away I struggle to get a draw. My best win under this patch is 2-1 previously 4-0/3-0/3-1/2-0. Lots of 1-1 draws now as well. Admittedly I have only played around 14 games but the results are very different from the old patched game results (checked back 2 seasons).

No matter what tactic I used successfully previously they have very little impact in this patched version. I know that the ME and defense instructions has been tweaked but my forwards have lost their mojo.

Is it me? Do i need to go back to the drawing board?

Ahh help

K..:)

Look how much the condition has gone down in this match. All players started on 95%+, defenders are finishing on similar condition to wingers and strikers. It's nothing to do with my tactics as they are exactly the same as the previous patch, and it's happening to both me and the AI (I'm Hull at the moment). This is my only complaint about the patch, is there any reason why condition drop was increased so much?

25pqxc5.jpg

What tactics are you tending to use? Do you use high closing down and are you playing very attacking football?

C.

That's crazy. There is no way they can play a 2-match week this way.

Archived