The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

Excellent news backgrounds now enabled. but how do you stop teams from moving to new stadiums? as when they do no matchday background again. i know they change id for a new stadium but its impossable to keep changing xml files to new stadium ids as you never know which teams move and when.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sounds very strange. Do you have a save game from a few days before?

Luckily enough my previous save was the previous day. Thinking about it, I may have holidayed, but certainly didn't have it set to apply for jobs or ever applied for Poland. I can FTP it if you like?

Might have to save after my current match (continued without thinking :o) and then go back to the previous save and save it compressed, as it's 200mb+ at present.

Luckily enough my previous save was the previous day. Thinking about it, I may have holidayed, but certainly didn't have it set to apply for jobs or ever applied for Poland. I can FTP it if you like?

Might have to save after my current match (continued without thinking :o) and then go back to the previous save and save it compressed, as it's 200mb+ at present.

If you could FTP it that woudl be great. I'll have a look at it tomorrow morning when I get in :)

• SI Staff
I get the message I have no disc inserted, didn't have that with the previous patch, and I swear it is in there... Anyone know how to fix this?

It sounds like you've downloaded a patch for the boxed version when playing on a digitally downloaded version, you'll have to reinstall and repatch to sort it

That has always been the case in game - it mirrors the changes that will come into effect in the Prem next season :)

But thats not true. It'll be more of a champion league type registration that will come into effect next year. Clubs like the big 4 will obviously have more than 25 players assigned squad numbers next season!

some1 said that i need to wait till june and jan for the game to update itself with the new engine, isit true ?

No.

Okay.

Some parts of the game like some rule changes will kick in at the season end, others like changes in the Match Engine will be in straight away.

Edit: Newgens wise any 'already made' will stay the same, any made in the future will use the new way of doing things.

Anybody know why it is going to take 50 hours to download?
But thats not true. It'll be more of a champion league type registration that will come into effect next year. Clubs like the big 4 will obviously have more than 25 players assigned squad numbers next season!

Players under 18 I think are immune to this rule next season. I think also teams have to have a minimum of 8 HG / home trained players else you'll lose a slot

It sounds like you've downloaded a patch for the boxed version when playing on a digitally downloaded version, you'll have to reinstall and repatch to sort it

Nope, have the boxed version and patched for the boxed version. I can get in game and it started well with the updated patch, but when I wanted to save my game it gave that error... Any more ideas?

Is there any way I can get the update to download quicker from Steam? It never took this long for 10.1. It's taken around an hour to do 40%.

I think its just timing in that a lot of poeple are logged onto Steam and are downloading

• SI Staff
Nope, have the boxed version and patched for the boxed version. I can get in game and it started well with the updated patch, but when I wanted to save my game it gave that error... Any more ideas?

Is your disc grubby or your disc lens having any trouble or anything?

Just rebooted my system and the problem seems to be fixed. Well, ain't that a relieve! Thanks for the update, SI!

Some people asked about Rangers in here. I started up a new game as a test, and they give a 0 transfer budget. At Christmas their finances are "secure", however they have spent 550k and brought in 13.5 million, selling Smith, Whittaker, Alexander, Bougherra, Beasley and Papac.

Also are there many changes to the database that comes with the patch? Is there a list available anywhere?

I'm playing with a unofficial database, can i still play with this and have all the benefits of the new patch also?

There's no list of all the DB changes

You can still apply the patch and play with an edited database

"Dundee United have changed to a more attacking style" - I'm playing against them, and this commentry has come up 6 times in less than 2 minutes - and I'm early in the game too. Whats that about? Just an observation from my first game with the match.

Also, whenever I click a player in the tactics screen while in game - the game freezes for a few seconds.

And now one of my players feel "It had to be a penalty" when he may or may not have been fouled on the halfway line?!

Jeez, what have you done SI?

Archived