The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have not been significant changes on that for this version I am afraid. Rest assured it's something we are constantly looking at and will endeavour to get as perfect as possible in the future.

I will say that there is a difference in terms of defensive midfielders attribute weighting with this patch.

I hope there are enough fixes to keep you happy and interested in the game. All the best.

Can I confirm only defensive midfielders are tweaked, and that OTB / positioning / decision-making attributes in general have not?

"Most important is to improve players defensive-behaviour and to improve marking opposition players. I hope this is fixed"

Is this fixed? Very, very important. This is a big bug of the match engine

Defense has been tweaked, although there are always improvements to be made. Some fixes could not be put into 10.2 without risk of causing major unbalances.

Can I confirm only defensive midfielders are tweaked, and that OTB / positioning / decision-making attributes in general have not?

The weighting's haven't been tweaked, but the progression has which should help these issues.

Cheers.

Does this patch, like the past ones, work with saved games after a period of time e.g. next season, or does it kick-in instantly?

I know it's best to start a new game but I am engrossed with the game I am playing..:)

Thanks

K..:)

I was realy looking forward to play with Arsenal with upgraded stats, but i almost cried when i saw that Thomas Vermaelen is still ****... Well back to the lower leagues i guess..

The data update will be with 10.3, after the January transfer window. Vermaelen, if any changes are needed, will be updated then.

What exactly has changed regarding the Rangers finances? I've loaded a new game and Rangers have started with 8.5 million in the bank and paying some 300k a month to clear out the debt - which, unless I'm mistaken, was the case before the patch. It's probably me being an idiot, but all the same....

Meaning regens will still start with lowish attributes but those will increase at a higher rate now?

Essentially yes, attributes should reach higher values now in certain situations.

Have Notts County still got the same Sugar Daddy Finance's as 10.1 on 10.2?

They do. I imagine this might change for 10.3 if it's decided they shouldn't have as much cash.

The 09 skin was a steam only skin i'm afraid :)

I'm sure it can be uploaded somewhere other than Steam, easily. And you would make lots of people who are unhappy with the default skins, happy. You do that, and I for one, will actually buy the game and give 10.2 a try, instead of sticking with FM09.

Very bad marketing imo. If with-holding the skin from non-Steam users is what you have to do to promote usage of Steam, then it sends out an awful signal about Steam's usefulness in the first place, as well as raising questions about SI's purpose in doing this.

I commented on this before and was told that there "probably" would be non-official FM09 type skins made by gamers, which I already knew... but to have to rely on that "probably" when an official skin already exists, is bizarre.

Have the Portuguese league transfer values been updated?!?!?! please SI whats going on with this???? :(

We are asking this since the ganme came out, if it was the english it would be done...I CANT PLAY MY COUNTRYS LEAGUE LIKE THIS!!!!!

(and yes, researcher know bpout this for moths, and i, and others, have posted everywhere!!!!!! :mad:

Ok, my game was updating and I get a message that Steam was finished downloading after 2 min. Very fast. I start the game and could choose 10.2 update data base. But when I right-click on FM 2010 on Steam and go to "show updates" I dont see 10.2 patch in history. Why?

Only played the one match so far with the new patch but it seems good. Smoother, more realistic, has off the ball movement been tweaked? It may be because I was looking for changes conciously, but my players, especially those with a free role, looked to be really trying to get away from their marker, something I haven't really seen in past editions, paticularly pleasing was one of my strikers dropping deep to recieve the ball, not getting it, so dashing across his marker who had followed him, leading to a through ball and a goal which was ruled offside.

Ok, my game was updating and I get a message that Steam was finished downloading after 2 min. Very fast. I start the game and could choose 10.2 update data base. But when I right-click on FM 2010 on Steam and go to "show updates" I dont see 10.2 patch in history. Why?

Hi Steam are currently putting their update notes together and it should be up very soon.

Until then you can read the patch notes on here :)

Archived