Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should they not have charged the credit card had they sent it already? I know someone has said that the status not always seems to update despite getting the game. But they really should have charged the card if they have sent it I would think.

They have charged my card, and would not let me cancel when i tried earlier this afternoon. Now, with the recent e-mail explaining i couldn't cancel because it's already been sent on top of it all, makes me think that although it still says awaiting despatch on the site, it has actually been despatched.

It's too late for me to cancel now either way, so all i can do is hope really.

Try your local independent stores they are more likely to sell you a copy.

I would also try debenhams game stores, as these don't really have the same twatty staff and manager will be more up for getting a sale.

I used to work in a debenhams game store and always sold games over the counter before release, as long as you go in with cash and dont mind not getting a reciept they might let you have one.

As we used to keep the cash in a tin and run all the transactions through the till on the friday, so seemed no street dates were broken.

Tricks of the trade my friends..

As i said earlier - spoke to them by phone an hour ago and was told they were not allowed to ship anymore copies out till tomorrow. Think they have had knuckles rapped.

So if they're shipping tomorrow, will they be getting here on Friday then with UKMail or not?

Shopto send the game out early every year. The last 2 years I've ordered from them and got my copy at least a day or 2 early. The only reason I didn't order from them this year is cos my DVD drive is broken, so I had to order a digital download from GAME. Anyway, I'm suprised Shopto keep doing the same thing year after year.

As i said earlier - spoke to them by phone an hour ago and was told they were not allowed to ship anymore copies out till tomorrow. Think they have had knuckles rapped.

I'm installing the full game as I type, got told off by Ter for starting a new thread about this, sorry Ter - I was just excited.

If you want it early and are in the Leicester area, you could get it tomorrow morning from a shop I know...

Me too, i'm considering cancelling and buying on the day because I really don't think it will come on Friday.

Im thinking about cancelling too now, Go and buy it from asda at midnight Thursday. I think you can still cancel if it says awaiting stock pick, You can't if it says waiting dispatch. Going to try and cancel anyway. They told me they hoped to get it on to the warehouse computer today and send it this afternoon intime for release day.

Yet other people had emails yesterday and status changed to waiting for dispatch 2 days ago. I ordered it on the 8th October and other people sooner than that.

They are having a laugh they told one guy it will not be sent while friday and yet others have been told it as already been sent so they can't cancel.

There is some dishonesty going on somewhere with Zavvi, In all honesty i can see why they went bust. :p

I'm installing the full game as I type, got told off by Ter for starting a new thread about this, sorry Ter - I was just excited.

If you want it early and are in the Leicester area, you could get it tomorrow morning from a shop I know...

What shop would that be?

No, you shouldn't have been. I have been as well.

thought as much, when I was charged last night I was under the impression that I would be getting it at least today if not tomorrow...as far as I'm concerned I shouldn't have been charged anything until it was being dispatched.

I ordered from GAME and I got an email today saying it's been dispatched and it said I have ordered using the "GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service". Does this mean I will definitely get the game in the next 2 days even with the problems with the postal service atm?

What it says for the royal mail tomorrow:

Date - Thursday 29th October

Functions striking - Mail Centres & Network Distribution Units

General service impact - Limited processing and movement of ordinary mail. Limited collections where these are locally performed by a Mail Centre.

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't see it after a quick scan through.

Thanks

most companies like game and amazon etc have a collection straight from the warehouse during the night. I have seen many parcels sent via amazon on release day that have shown up in the office after the despatch. I have been told by amazon that an item was despatched at midnite and I was on nights and had my item by 5am when the last lot of mail was delivered to the office and the office i work in is an hr from the bristol mail centre

They have charged my card, and would not let me cancel when i tried earlier this afternoon. Now, with the recent e-mail explaining i couldn't cancel because it's already been sent on top of it all, makes me think that although it still says awaiting despatch on the site, it has actually been despatched.

It's too late for me to cancel now either way, so all i can do is hope really.

Hmm I dunno what to do! Mine is stuck on awaiting pick and i HAVEN'T been charged. Pre-Ordered on the 12th Oct. Weird.

So how come my account as been charged if shopto aren't even sending out the game? What if I wanted to cancel now, I'm perfectly within my rights to do so because it has been despatched from their warehouse, but I can't because they've charged the account which should suggest it's been despatched.

most companies like game and amazon etc have a collection straight from the warehouse during the night. I have seen many parcels sent via amazon on release day that have shown up in the office after the despatch. I have been told by amazon that an item was despatched at midnite and I was on nights and had my item by 5am when the last lot of mail was delivered to the office and the office i work in is an hr from the bristol mail centre

Ok, thanks..

But with the postal strike tomorrow, it pretty much rules out any chance of me getting it for Friday?

Does anyone else feel a bit cheated?

I paid money for a product and therefore own it as soon as it is available (pre-ordered download from Steam). Than the product becomes available and i´m denied access to it, even when others who have paid the same for same product, are in fact currently enjoying said product.

I´ve already paid. The game is ready and available. Others have it. What´s the problem? It is out already, regardless of the intended release date. I feel cheated. Like SI don´t really care. I´ve bought every FM-CM since 94 btw...

Not angry or upset, don´t worry I´m not about to cry. Just a small sting of injustice.

Let´s see what my lawyer friend says about this.... '-)

I have sent a message to Zavvi asking whats going on as i know that other people had recieved their copies from other retailers and this is what they have sent back...

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 17:23

I am afraid this item has not yet been delivered by the manufacturer.

This item is expected to be despatched on the 30th October 2009.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the conflicting e-mails you may have received.

Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so via your online account.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Zavvi customers wont be getting it until Monday at the earliest i would imagine.

I paid money for a product and therefore own it as soon as it is available (pre-ordered download from Steam). Than the product becomes available and i´m denied access to it, even when others who have paid the same for same product, are in fact currently enjoying said product.

I´ve already paid. The game is ready and available. Others have it. What´s the problem? It is out already, regardless of the intended release date. I feel cheated. Like SI don´t really care. I´ve bought every FM-CM since 94 btw...

Not angry or upset, don´t worry I´m not about to cry. Just a small sting of injustice.

100% agree.

Its very hard to get refunds from Steam as well.

The official release date is the 30th. Any early releases are purely down to the individual retailers being naughty, or in some online retailers, due to the postal strikes to allow for postal delays. If someone's got their copy early from a retailer not impacted by the postal strikes, then said retailer should technically sit on the naughty step. That's what release dates are for, so everyone gets their copy at the same time, and everything's fair.

-----------------------

The point is, that it shouldn't be out yet. SI and SEGA have been let down, more by retailors selling as opposed to those that have been shipped.

sounds like a complaint to me. the official release date is friday 30th october anyone who gets BEFORE then is just lucky.

I have sent a message to Zavvi asking whats going on as i know that other people had recieved their copies from other retailers and this is what they have sent back...

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 17:23

I am afraid this item has not yet been delivered by the manufacturer.

This item is expected to be despatched on the 30th October 2009.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the conflicting e-mails you may have received.

Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so via your online account.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Zavvi customers wont be getting it until Monday at the earliest i would imagine.

It won't let some people cancel though because they've started the process of taking the money from your card/account.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8328865.stm

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it looks like the strikes are going ahead.

before you all slate us postal workers, THIS ACTION IS TO DEFEND YOUR SERVICE THAT YOU OWN

No you are not, you are striking because you are unprepared to modernise and give value for money in a job that essentially a child could do.

The official release date is the 30th. Any early releases are purely down to the individual retailers being naughty, or in some online retailers, due to the postal strikes to allow for postal delays. If someone's got their copy early from a retailer not impacted by the postal strikes, then said retailer should technically sit on the naughty step. That's what release dates are for, so everyone gets their copy at the same time, and everything's fair.

Indeed. But the current situation is very unfair. Currently those naughty retailers are being rewarded for bad behavior through inaction. Pre-orders are being canceled left, right and center because people are buying as early as they can from naughty retailers, who get rewarded for releasing it early by more business. Stolen business.

SI could limit the damage by allowing digital downloads and issuing a release announcmennt. Obviously some of the damage is already done, but they could limit the naughty retailers awards for bad behavior by doing this. Otherwise they are basically incouraging it by inaction.

Someone call Jo Frost to explain this to them...

The release date is 30/10/2009. You always knew this. It doesn't matter what's happened for other people, it's not a race to play the game is it? I really, really don't understand how some people getting the game early affects you (apart from a "waaaaah, it's not fair" kind of way, of course).

Regarding Zavvi - I pre-ordered on the 14th of September and like others have had the awaiting dispatch status since sometime yesterday.

I sent them a message and got the usual generic reply back that it will be dispatched tomorrow. So doesn't seem as though there is any order to their process!

This zavvi situation is ridiculous. We should make some form of complaint. This is what their e-mail to me said.

I am sorry we have been unable to cancel your order as it has already been sent to you.

If you no longer require your order, please contact us once the item has arrived and we will be able to provide you with the relevant returns address and a unique authorisation number.

The release date is 30/10/2009. You always knew this. It doesn't matter what's happened for other people, it's not a race to play the game is it? I really, really don't understand how some people getting the game early affects you (apart from a "waaaaah, it's not fair" kind of way, of course).

-------------------------

exact-a-mundo

I've just cancelled mine from zavvi, it was still showing as awating stock pick, so I'm going to just buy it on Friday from somewhere, steam more than likely as i can get it downloading when I go to bed. Saving the money would have been nice, but I've taken a couple of days off to play the game, so bugger it, whats 12 quid. I think the morale of the story for this year though is buy fm11 from shopto, unless your from Scotland anyways, lol

What's 12 quid? Its no wonder this county is in a recession.

Archived