Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

I ordered my game from Zavvi. It was dispatched on Thursday the 29th. I haven't received it and I checked up on my order on the Zavvi website and it says there are no orders outstanding. It's not at the post office... anyone had a similar experience? I'm a bit unsure of what to do...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 7 and still no delivery. Called Zavvi and they asked me to be patient blah blah blah. I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle that woman - whilst shouting "Where is my FM, Where is my FM" ....mate has now clocked 80hrs of practice and counting. That B*****d.

I ordered my game from Zavvi. It was dispatched on Thursday the 29th. I haven't received it and I checked up on my order on the Zavvi website and it says there are no orders outstanding. It's not at the post office... anyone had a similar experience? I'm a bit unsure of what to do...

Mines was dispatched on the same say and its saying i've no orders withstanding, how did you find out it wasn't at the post office? If its not at the post office and its not here where else could it be? seriously regretting not just buying it from steam now!!

Same for me, although it was dispatched on Wednesday 28th. Its a problem with Royal Mail so I suggest being patient is the answer.

Zavvi say not to get back to them until 10 full working days have elapsed anyway.

the fact that theres not been one reply means i'm the only person not to have got theirs yet. fantastic

You're not alone mate, I am also still waiting for my order from zavvi to arrive and it was dispatched last week Thursday.

Don't think I will be using them again.

I live in the United States and my order from Gameplay arrived yesterday. Exactly one week from departure. Top notch! I live in Boston...so east coast.

It took a week? Amazon.com usa had the release date as Nov. 2nd. I ordered it on the 31st and it arrived at 6pm on November 2nd. I was shocked. I've never had a game arrive the day of release.

I'm still waiting for mine from Zavvi too. Just had to share that :confused:

Was 'dispatched' on the 29th they say...

Me too :-s

Where are you out of interest? I'm in N. London and I've heard that the backlogs are worst in London, just wondering if that is true...

If it's been 10 days since dispatch, you can contact them and state that the order is missing in the post, and you can get a refund or a reorder for no extra cost. You'll have to wait for a form from them to confirm legally that this is what has happened.

If it's been 10 days since dispatch, you can contact them and state that the order is missing in the post, and you can get a refund or a reorder for no extra cost. You'll have to wait for a form from them to confirm legally that this is what has happened.

Thanks for this. Yes, it's ten days today... I just emailed them. Do you think this will get the ball rolling or better to call?

Thanks for this. Yes, it's ten days today... I just emailed them. Do you think this will get the ball rolling or better to call?

I think in your account section on the site, click on Order History. There might be a Query button next to your order, click that and fill in the online form. State that it's been 10 days since dispatch and that you haven't received it, they'll send you a Royal Mail claims form in the post for you to fill in and send back (they use this to claim back on the lost item, as far as I know). Once they receive that, they'll be able to sort things out.

It's arrived! :D

Not trying to anger anyone, but I am really impressed with Zavvi's service. They've saved me almost 20pounds(when comparing to local prices) and I have received the game only 8 working days after the official European release date; I am in South Africa. Btw, the game was officially released on Friday the 6th of November here in the RSA. So at half the price, delivered to my door and only a day late = unbeatable value!

Zavvi ftw!

It's arrived! :D

Not trying to anger anyone, but I am really impressed with Zavvi's service. They've saved me almost 20pounds(when comparing to local prices) and I have received the game only 8 working days after the official European release date; I am in South Africa. Btw, the game was officially released on Friday the 6th of November here in the RSA. So at half the price, delivered to my door and only a day late = unbeatable value!

Zavvi ftw!

That's great mate, it's actually quite funny how people all over the world are getting it before me :)

You're not alone mate, I am also still waiting for my order from zavvi to arrive and it was dispatched last week Thursday.

Don't think I will be using them again.

I really don't understand this at all. You're aware that there was a nationwide postal strike, right? And that millions of items were simply piled up in sorting offices around the country? How is it the fault of Zavvi? Surely all they can do is dispatch it on time, and it seems that they did that.

I think the problem is that the post offices have still not fully cleared the backlog of old mail. Basically the new mail comes in and is put on top of the old stuff, then sorted in a 'last-in-first-out' system, meaning that the old stuff stays untouched until the more recent items have been cleared.

anyone else international still waiting for their Zavvi order?

Admittedly I'm in Japan, but my heart sunk to read that people in Syndey / Australia received theirs days ago.

Not got mine yet either so you're not alone. The ones to Japan must have been sent by boat rather than by plane.

Archived