Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered mine from ShopTo.net last night at about 6pm and, as of today, the website is still showing my order as "processing". However, I was told by ShopTo that I wouldn't have my card charged until the pre-order was dispatched. My card has been charged and it's still showing as processing.

Is this a similar experience to anyone else?

Exactly same as mine pal, we can hope...

So zavvi send me a message saying i can cancel if i want. i log into it again after cancelling and now my status has changed from processing cancellation to awaiting dispatch. So i guess they are not cancelling it for me?!?!?!? I havent got a clue whats going on. Im off out footy training now so cant keep updating this or checking my zavvi account. I shalln't be using zavvi again thats for sure.

agree :)

rather save money than have it on release day, no rush to play it :D

I wasn't until my latest demo save. I haven't gotten into a save as much as this since the CM Eidos days. I tried to pace it out to last til Friday but i completed the demo period last night. Im just itching to continue.

I'd happily have it arrive 1 day late (Saturday) as i'm busy most of Friday and Sat, but with an empty day Sunday to fill, i'd like to have it before then!

I think they are doing it in order order (if that makes sense) so it might depend on when you ordered it. hopefully you will get an email later.

i ordered on september 15th and still awaiting dispatch...

I ordered mine from ShopTo.net last night at about 6pm and, as of today, the website is still showing my order as "processing". However, I was told by ShopTo that I wouldn't have my card charged until the pre-order was dispatched. My card has been charged and it's still showing as processing.

Is this a similar experience to anyone else?

exactly the same, I've been charged for a pre-order which is just not on at all.

i have ordered with play.com and had an email today confirming game has been dispatched, seeing as postal strike is going ahead i dont expect untill next week now :(

Again Pirates play it before me!!! Its been cracked and released already

Shopto.net forum - "Q: If I place a pre-order will my order be in the first batch sent out?

A: We stop taking pre orders once we have allocated all the stock that we are expecting in. We guarantee all pre orders will be dispatched at the latest by the day of release. Also, don't forget to check out our Release Date or Compensate scheme for UK Customers "

Seeing as we had our preorders accepted, i assume they still have stock.

exactly the same, I've been charged for a pre-order which is just not on at all.

"No money is taken for a pre order in advance. We only charge you when the item is in stock and ready for dispatch"

Due to other life commitments, and the amount of hours FM seems to require these days I actually stopped playing FM several months ago. I have not pre-ordered FM10, nor do I plan to buy it in the shops in the near future, and as such I feel I offer a rather impartial viewpoint on one of the matters being discussed, i.e. that some members have their game, whilst other's who ordered through Steam will not be able to get it early. I do however enjoy the buzz that occurs on the forums around release date, hence why I am back and making a post.

Now Matt, based on what you have said you acknowledge that some people have the game early, but are making no plans to push the official release date forward, which is fair enough based on what you have said. However, I understand that the idea of using steam (and other digital download) was because that is the way the gaming industry is going and in the future (maybe 10-20 years) you will no longer be able to buy games in stores. I also understand that this cuts certain production costs (such as making disks, transport and warehouse storage). Therfore for a companies such as SI and SEGA, profits will be greater if people use digital download. Correct me if I am worng, I do not claim to be an expert on this but I certainly feel as though the general push is towards using STEAM for downloading FM (and other games), and there must be benefits to the company in selling games this way.

I am sure a lot of people who pre-ordered through STEAM are feeling pretty hacked off right now, I certainly would be and further more, I certainly wouldn't order from STEAM next year. You have said yourself in this thread that you wouldn't be suprised ifstores are selling the game tomorrow. Surely for any fan thinking of buying FM11, they are going to remember what happened this year and will not bother with STEAM?

Although you have given good reasons for not bringing the release date forward, I do think that you should consider the long term implications of this. If you want people to download via STEAM, there has to be some incentive to do this. As far as I can tell, people who preordered with STEAM have to wait longer and in some cases pay more for the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope that I have expressed my thoughts clearly. It would be interesting to see if the number of people who preorder from STEAM next year is less than this year.

For those of you still waiting to receive and play the game, as the new patch comes out in two days at least you will be fully up to date when starting a new game. It would be a bit annoying starting a game then having to start over in two days when the patch comes out!

Best wishes to all.

I bought the game through Steam last year and I've no complaints about using the digital download method but I wont be buying a game through it again because I felt that I was ripped off. It should have been cheaper on steam than anywhere else. SI, could you explain to us whats the deal with that?

Again Pirates play it before me!!! Its been cracked and released already

If it has, then it'll be a demo extender, which means it'll have a load of bugs in it, as has been the case in the past few years (e.g. international tournaments being made up of the teams that finished bottom of the qualifiers, automatic sacking at the end of 1st season, etc). Lucky them. :rolleyes:

My status was still awaiting stock pick and they replied

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 19:14

Hello ,

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your order untill Friday. Unfortunately only orders that are awaiting dispatch will be sent out at the moment.

Please accept our sincere apologies due to unseen circumstances, All orders awaiting stock pick will be sent out by Friday. You should recieve the game by Tuesday.

Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so via your online account.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Cancelled mine, i know ill be paying 12 pound more, But i booked Friday off work around the same time i ordered the game expecting to get it nice and early. Going Asda tomorrow night at 12am :)

Rather pay £12 more now so i get a full 3 days to play it or wait untill next Tuesday and get a few hours a night after work to play on it ... A no brainer for me :D Just glad i got to cancel it without any bother ;)

I bought the game through Steam last year and I've no complaints about using the digital download method but I wont be buying a game through it again because I felt that I was ripped off. It should have been cheaper on steam than anywhere else. SI, could you explain to us whats the deal with that?

SI don't set the prices, they're the software developers.

Sega set one price (an RRP), and then it's down to the individual retailers how close to the RRP they want to go.

My order at Zavvi has changed to "Awaiting despatch" so hopefully it will come by Friday but i really doubt it :(

I reckon the people who's order says "despatched" will receive theirs on Friday (depending on the strikes) and everyone else will have to wait til Monday :(

Shopto.net forum - "Q: If I place a pre-order will my order be in the first batch sent out?

A: We stop taking pre orders once we have allocated all the stock that we are expecting in. We guarantee all pre orders will be dispatched at the latest by the day of release. Also, don't forget to check out our Release Date or Compensate scheme for UK Customers "

Seeing as we had our preorders accepted, i assume they still have stock.

"No money is taken for a pre order in advance. We only charge you when the item is in stock and ready for dispatch"

hmmm well they've been a bit naughty then haven't they, I checked my bank account online and it's definitely had the money taken from it.

So if it is dispatched on the day of release we won't get it till monday with UKMail, in which case i'll cancel my order and pick it up in town.

My status was still awaiting stock pick and they replied

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 19:14

Hello ,

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your order untill Friday. Unfortunately only orders that are awaiting dispatch will be sent out at the moment.

Please accept our sincere apologies due to unseen circumstances, All orders awaiting stock pick will be sent out by Friday. You should recieve the game by Tuesday.

Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so via your online account.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Cancelled mine, i know ill be paying 12 pound more, But i booked Friday off work around the same time i ordered the game expecting to get it nice and early. Going Asda tomorrow night at 12am :)

Rather pay £12 more now so i get a full 3 days to play it or wait untill next Tuesday and get a few hours a night after work to play on it ... A no brainer for me :D Just glad i got to cancel it without any bother ;)

Mine is on "Awaiting Despatch" now and it changed to that this evening, reckon mine will come on Friday?

Scotty, I was trying to show that the email saying your money has been taken out could be showing that your package has been dispatched. It might not, but it might. From what I read, the fact that there is no order shown, and it is 'processing' instead is more promising :)

OK here goes my day!

Emailed Zavvi at 8am to find out what's going on, only to get no reply. Start reading this thread and get thoroughly peeved to see various people actually playing. Decide to email them again at about 3pm!

Finally a response........eventhough my order was placed 6 October, not going to be dispatched until 30 October! I check their response by emailing again seeking clarification. Confirmed, won't be dispatched until Friday......how annoyed!

I've just decided to cancel my order with Zavvi and just buy on day of release. I can't cancel my flamin' order, why?

It's only been bloody dispatched......! I think i need a drink.

Does anyone actually believe i'll get it in the post on Friday....nope me neither!!

Mine is on "Awaiting Despatch" now and it changed to that this evening, reckon mine will come on Friday?

Yeah i think you might be ok. Mine was still on awaiting stock pick right up to 19:30 ish when i decided to cancel. They did say they are sending out order's awaiting dispatch so hopefully yours will have been/be sent soon. :)

Scotty, I was trying to show that the email saying your money has been taken out could be showing that your package has been dispatched. It might not, but it might. From what I read, the fact that there is no order shown, and it is 'processing' instead is more promising :)

Well we can but hope! When did they confirm the order and charge you? It was just after 6pm last night for me...

Yeah i think you might be ok. Mine was still on awaiting stock pick right up to 19:30 ish when i decided to cancel. They did say they are sending out order's awaiting dispatch so hopefully yours will have been/be sent soon. :)

I've just checked it again and it says despatched now!

So everyone who was on "awaiting despatch" with Zavvi, check again now because mine just changed within about 15 minutes :D

Good old shopto.net got mine within 23 hours of placing order. Great stuff all for £24.94 bargain.

Great game even better than anticipated, highly recommend the Sound Pack addition from this site makes each game really intense. Just lost at home to Everton 2 - 1 in the 89th Min of a friendly. I play as Huddersfield and I am completely gutted having played so well too. Back to pre-season and Torquay away, I'm taking no prisoners :-)))

I've just checked it again and it says despatched now!

So everyone who was on "awaiting despatch" with Zavvi, check again now because mine just changed within about 15 minutes :D

Woohoooooo!

Mine has also been dispatched within the last 15 mins! Ordered on 12th October in case anyone wants compare their order date!

My order at Zavvi has changed to "Awaiting despatch" so hopefully it will come by Friday but i really doubt it :(

I reckon the people who's order says "despatched" will receive theirs on Friday (depending on the strikes) and everyone else will have to wait til Monday :(

I reckon the Zavvi ones will be received by the middle of next week, to be honest. There's an extra day due to Zavvi's warehouse being based in the Channel Islands, and from what I can see, they're using 2nd Class post (no postage fee and the 3-5 day estimation). If it comes sooner than that, then I'll be delighted. :D

As this weeks post strikes look like they are going ahead, there is one thing for you to bear in mind if you dont get FM10 delivered by friday and that is that saturday's strike by delivery staff (as this dispute is mainly about London working) was only planned for that day because it's a lunchtime kick off between Arsenal and spurs!!!!

This is from the bbc news website

"But just like last week the CWU leadership has failed to carry its own Postal Executive Committee, which appears to be split with London members at odds with the rest of the country and unable to reach any decision.

"We had made huge progress with the help of the TUC when the CWU came back from their executive meeting with a whole new series of demands."

so while some of you are sitting there angry that FM10 has not been delivered it could be that your postie is at the football!!!

This is from the bbc news website

"But just like last week the CWU leadership has failed to carry its own Postal Executive Committee, which appears to be split with London members at odds with the rest of the country and unable to reach any decision.

"We had made huge progress with the help of the TUC when the CWU came back from their executive meeting with a whole new series of demands."

so while some of you are sitting there angry that FM10 has not been delivered it could be that your postie is at the football!!!

If that's true, then it would be terribly ironic! :D

We Zavvi purchasers could recieve them for Friday as delivery offices arent striking until Saturday. Its only collections that are affected on Thursday (and i assume ours have been collected today).

At least, that is what I think this from Royal Mail is stating..

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=99700760&mediaId=99700760&campaignid=RM_promo_home1

If that's true, then it would be terribly ironic! :D

it's what us posties in sussex have thought ever since they said this saturday was a strike day for delivery staff. If it was this friday for delivery staff like last week then on saturday with the backlog they would be struggling to make the game!!!

I reckon the Zavvi ones will be received by the middle of next week, to be honest. There's an extra day due to Zavvi's warehouse being based in the Channel Islands, and from what I can see, they're using 2nd Class post (no postage fee and the 3-5 day estimation). If it comes sooner than that, then I'll be delighted. :D

Zavvi send their items 1st Class, mate.

Being a postie these days is far from easy. Some duties posties do now are massive, delivering well over 500 stops per round! If you work your arse off to get finished early, they get you to go out now and help or do someone elses work until your time. Posties arnt striking because of pay. Its the way the company is now treating postmen and cutting jobs here there and everywhere.

Why should you get to go home early just because you finish your jobs? Are you not paid till "your time"? I get paid till 5, if I have finished all my set tasks at 3, I dont get to go home early, I am just given some more work to do till 5.

So essentially you are striking because you dont want to work?

Zavvi send their items 1st Class, mate.

I thought 3-5 days was 2nd Class (same as Play.com). 1-2 days is 1st Class, surely? :confused:

If it is 1st Class, than it's an even better deal as I've always had to pay for 1st Class, never for 2nd Class.

Archived