Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

I've just cancelled mine from zavvi, it was still showing as awating stock pick, so I'm going to just buy it on Friday from somewhere, steam more than likely as i can get it downloading when I go to bed. Saving the money would have been nice, but I've taken a couple of days off to play the game, so bugger it, whats 12 quid. I think the morale of the story for this year though is buy fm11 from shopto, unless your from Scotland anyways, lol

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to be able to get my digital download from GAME tomorrow. As a number of people have the game today, and and even larger number will have it tomorrow, either delivered to them or bought from a shop as some are already selling it today. It's also been stated that most shops will be selling it tomorrow. It would keep things on more of a level playing field if the digital downloads were available tomorrow morning.

Went to local game asked for it

"Sorry Mate Not available till Friday"

Ah no worries saying asda are selling it now ill go there

Ohh wait here 2 secs,looks at some dude,he nods

Bunch of knob jockeys

They must get some kick out saying that

Got it anyway jus annoys me when they can jus hand it over take the money instead of acting the goat

Sad for loyal buyers of FM though that they wont release it early for the stream downloads etc

I tryed that on phone, will try going in tomorrow...
I'd just like to be able to get my digital download from GAME tomorrow. As a number of people have the game today, and and even larger number will have it tomorrow, either delivered to them or bought from a shop as some are already selling it today. It's also been stated that most shops will be selling it tomorrow. It would keep things on more of a level playing field if the digital downloads were available tomorrow morning.

Yes exactly

Im installin now

Zavvi have just emailed to say my copy will be sent on Friday, not before. Very annoyed as i ordered in good faith (6th October) and expected to receive on release day!

Safe to say i won't be ordering from them again.

Can I ask when you contacted them?, as I am still awaiting reply from Zavvi.

Zavvi have just emailed to say my copy will be sent on Friday, not before. Very annoyed as i ordered in good faith (6th October) and expected to receive on release day!

Safe to say i won't be ordering from them again.

That's not good as they've said in several previous emails printed here that they would get the game shipped as soon as they get it in stock so that we receive it on release day. Can't just change policy like that.

They shouldn't be advertising "next-day delivery"if it's not next-day for everyone. "Business Class Delivery" would have been more sensible and lead more people to check how long it takes.

I was in same situation having ordered it from shopto yesterday around 16:45pm. Spoke to them this morning and was assured would be dispatched this Pm. However as had received no email confirming this just phoned them again and have been told they wont be dispatching anymore copies till tomorrow as they are now not allowed to. Have just cancelled my order.

Annoyed as probably could have found a copy in London shops today - does anyone know what shops in East London are selling it?

Anyone bought form a shop today?If so ... what shop?? :p Or just the lucky ones who pre ordered it who have it?

Some people are saying they have got it from their local Asda store today and at least one person has got it from their local game store.

you guys have to realize that Zavvi had a huge list of pre orders that probably surpassed their expectations and they had to reinforce their stock , also who supply's them had to do the same so, thats probably the cause of the delay and they don't want to admit it

Ive had mine pre ordered from shopto for a while now and was told I would receive it today and im still waiting, it could still come but its not likely now!

Same here mate, they said it would be here today and with it what now almost 5PM andthey stop they say at 6 im not expecting to have it tonite.

So will be 2moz so wasted money on Next day postage.

---------------------

Clearly not a jobsworth. The release date is 30/10/2009. Why should he sell it to you?

Whenever I have tried to persuade somebody to sell me the game early I've got the it physically won't ring through the till until release date answer.

Makes perfect sense really.

Not sure whether it's true or not though.

Whenever I have tried to persuade somebody to sell me the game early I've got the it physically won't ring through the till until release date answer.

Makes perfect sense really.

Not sure whether it's true or not though.

It would work, well it has done in years gone by

Same here mate, they said it would be here today and with it what now almost 5PM andthey stop they say at 6 im not expecting to have it tonite.

So will be 2moz so wasted money on Next day postage.

Yeh at this time they will be all ending back to finish up so no chance of it coming today which is really dissapointing. No doubt I wont get it tomorrow either. Im lucky that way...

Because the last 2 years i've bought it in shops early, this may be against "the rules" but its all a matter of discretion.

-------------------------

It isn't a matter of discretion at all. The individual has no right to sell you the copy if, as SI and SEGA have said that nobody should be sold it until the 30th, which they have. You buying it early the last two years is wrong, but very lucky for you, so you can''t compain if this year somebody is doing their job correctly.

I was in same situation having ordered it from shopto yesterday around 16:45pm. Spoke to them this morning and was assured would be dispatched this Pm. However as had received no email confirming this just phoned them again and have been told they wont be dispatching anymore copies till tomorrow as they are now not allowed to. Have just cancelled my order.

Annoyed as probably could have found a copy in London shops today - does anyone know what shops in East London are selling it?

I pre-ordered my copy about 2 weeks ago and received an email last night saying that it had been despatched then a second email later on yesterday from UKmail saying that I would receive the game today.

I'd like to know where I stand if I don't get the game today, I've read i'm in Area C for priority which says 2-3 days on the website but the email I received says I would have it today which I clearly don't have.

Can I ask them for the delivery fee back?

He's not. He is trying to make me jealous though the little ****. Im also assuming your from the might Embra as well? If so, how the hell can you not know where Fort Kinnaird is? :D

Ha , near Embra aye. I know where Fort Kinnaird is , just didn't click when you referred to it as the Fort tbh :D But yeah, the guy i asked said he had like 20 in stock in the back, but he wouldn't sell it to me, cause it was too "risky" :thdn: It was one of the most soul destroying moments ever.

So I can take it that I won't be receiving my copy from shopto until Friday? If that's the case I think I'm going to have a look around town tomorrow and see if I can pick it up anywhere.

I've spoken to Zavvi about cancelling my pre-order, they have told me that it has already been sent and can't cancel it, but the site just isn't displaying it yet.

I had an email earlier saying that my Zavvi order had been posted today but I'm beginning to wonder if they're just saying that to try and prevent even more people from cancelling their orders from them. Because not one single person has said that their status has changed from 'awaiting dispatch' and some people haven't even got that yet.

Basically, I'm suggesting that they could be lying through their teeth.

Just suggesting it.

I had an email earlier saying that my Zavvi order had been posted today but I'm beginning to wonder if they're just saying that to try and prevent even more people from cancelling their orders from them. Because not one single person has said that their status has changed from 'awaiting dispatch' and some people haven't even got that yet.

Just suggesting it.

Remember, someone here who's used Zavvi before, said orders he's made in the past haven't changed status on the website, despite receiving them. Plus, as I've said previously, I've had the same thing with The Hut (who Zavvi are now owned by) and they use the same website software.

Just suggesting it.

Should they not have charged the credit card had they sent it already? I know someone has said that the status not always seems to update despite getting the game. But they really should have charged the card if they have sent it I would think.

just got the game from the game store in south east london .. they are selling it today

Just tried Game on cheapside, got a belligerent sneer and 'Not that I know of' from the geezer behind the counter. Nice.

Anyone know what the branch was in SE London, might be able to hit it on my way home tonight...?

Cheers

I ordered from GAME and I got an email today saying it's been dispatched and it said I have ordered using the "GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service". Does this mean I will definitely get the game in the next 2 days even with the problems with the postal service atm?

What it says for the royal mail tomorrow:

Date - Thursday 29th October

Functions striking - Mail Centres & Network Distribution Units

General service impact - Limited processing and movement of ordinary mail. Limited collections where these are locally performed by a Mail Centre.

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't see it after a quick scan through.

Thanks

Went to Tesco, two Gamestops, Game, Xtravision, Golden Discs, Even a local supermarket that usually has rubbish games, rang loads more. It beca,e an obsession but Ive given up now! I may try Harvey Norman just before 6 but I dunno! Gutted but think the whole buzz took me over completly! Must be a good sign!

I have oredered books, games, cd's, dvd's etc from a number of websites and play.com seems to be the best in my opinion. Ive ordered FM10 from Zavvi purely just because of the price. If its a few days wait then its not a problem. The status of my order still hasnt changed but from a couple of websites ive used before, Amazon being an example, ive been panicking because they hadnt updated the status, then the next day its come through the door. Hopefully this is the case with Zavvi. If some retailers, both online and on the high street have had it delivered in then surely Zavvi must have had it delivered to them buy now.

Archived