Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No you are not, you are striking because you are unprepared to modernise and give value for money in a job that essentially a child could do.

Bingo!!!

Easiest job I have ever had tbh, and yet they still moan because they have to WORK.

They can't cancel an order if they've just sent it, otherwise you could receive it and get your money back at the same time.

I know that, but others have had e-mails off Zavvi saying that the stock hasn't even arrived yet. Unless it's a case of they've run out of copies to send to the later pre-orders due to the high amount of pre-orders in total.

The release date is 30/10/2009. You always knew this. It doesn't matter what's happened for other people, it's not a race to play the game is it? I really, really don't understand how some people getting the game early affects you (apart from a "waaaaah, it's not fair" kind of way, of course).

Well, thats kinda my point. 30th is the intended release date. Today has become the actual release date. It´s not a race, but i have paid for a product that is in fact available and I think i should have access to it. Other people playing it affects me not at all, bar for the fact that they paid the same money for the same product I (and many others in my position) don´t have access to.

But like I said, i´m not upset or angry and am in fact quite happy to wait for friday. But i do have a valid point I think. e

This zavvi situation is ridiculous. We should make some form of complaint. This is what their e-mail to me said.

My cancelation says procsessing, You should send them an email quoting what Jambodinho was sent.

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 17:23

I am afraid this item has not yet been delivered by the manufacturer.

This item is expected to be despatched on the 30th October 2009.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the conflicting e-mails you may have received.

Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so via your online account.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Just say how have you already sent the game? When my friend was sent an emailing saying that the manufacter had not even supplied the game to Zavvi yet? And quote the email sent to Jambodinho.

I hope they don't come with the same lark with me, Trying to stop us taking our money back, By saying they have sent the game out to us, When they don't even have it in stock .....

As this weeks post strikes look like they are going ahead, there is one thing for you to bear in mind if you dont get FM10 delivered by friday and that is that saturday's strike by delivery staff (as this dispute is mainly about London working) was only planned for that day because it's a lunchtime kick off between Arsenal and spurs!!!!

Bingo!!!

Easiest job I have ever had tbh, and yet they still moan because they have to WORK.

Being a postie these days is far from easy. Some duties posties do now are massive, delivering well over 500 stops per round! If you work your arse off to get finished early, they get you to go out now and help or do someone elses work until your time. Posties arnt striking because of pay. Its the way the company is now treating postmen and cutting jobs here there and everywhere.

SI/SEGA really should consider refusing to stock anywhere that breaks the release date. Given the sales figures for FM, that threat should be enough to deal with pretty much everywhere.

Thing is, it would be hard to pinpoint specific retailers that are selling it.

Thing that is annoying me about Zavvi is why are they answering peoples emails, but not others? If it wasnt for the almost 50% discount i'd have cancelled it by now.

And to the people moaning that they wont get their copy until Friday, at least you are getting it on release date, unlike what it seems a lot of Zavvi pre-orderers. I always thought a pre-order meant you were one of the first to receive the game on release... not 3 days later!

why has the steam download date changed to the 31st?

I second this. I have looked at steam the last few days and noticed changes. Last night it went from 30th October to the 29th. Then today it went back to the 30th..now in the last hour or two its gone back to the 31st??

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

Why does it say "Available 31st October" in Steam? You have got to be winding us up now. I have made several plans for this weekend and this will tip me off the edge.

Indeed, that is most peculiar. It's only been updated in the past two hours. Based on clues from Matt in this forum, I might have expected them changing it to Oct 29... putting it back a day is just inexplicable.

I second this. I have looked at steam the last few days and noticed changes. Last night it went from 30th October to the 29th. Then today it went back to the 30th..now in the last hour or two its gone back to the 31st??

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

I wonder if the pre-loads on Steam will start tomorrow as Matt from SEGA has said?

Just found out that strikes are going ahead and gotta say i'm not happy. SEGA (I dont blame any of this on SI as they only make the game) should have realised the situation over last few months about the strikes and organised plan B. Look at Microsoft ..... they allowed Windows 7 to be shipped early so their customers were looked after. Question is SEGA, why didnt you do the same :(

Anyone order it after the deadline yesterday and had it dispatched? I ordered with next day delivery yesterday at about 6.30, and haven't been informed of any dispatch. Should I have been? I'll be majorly annoyed havng paid for next day delivery if it takes two days.

I think Zavvi are reading this thread. My order has just this minute changed from awaiting pick to awaiting dispatch, just as i had come closer to actually cancelling it! Guess now i'll have to wait it out!

Lucky you, in a way. Mine has been sitting on "awaiting dispatch" since yesterday about 10am. I'm actually thinking about going and buying a copy from a shop on Monday and sending Zavvi's back for the f*ck up they seem to have made, actually I am going to do that, if its not here by Friday i'm sending it back to them.

Just found out that strikes are going ahead and gotta say i'm not happy. SEGA (I dont blame any of this on SI as they only make the game) should have realised the situation over last few months about the strikes and organised plan B. Look at Microsoft ..... they allowed Windows 7 to be shipped early so their customers were looked after. Question is SEGA, why didnt you do the same :(

Because the game only went gold a couple of weeks ago meaning it was not ready by then!!

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk. It still since 9 am of today Item dispatching soon and since I live in portugal, it says I will be getting my copy on 3rd of november? What in hell? Ever since they moved from CTT (Equivelant to Royal Mail) to a company called MRW I'm getting my packages 2 days later then it was with CTT.

I really cant belive people just cant wait till friday its 1 and a half days :confused:

I know, its poor! People have been reduced to behaving like 6 year olds on christmas eve. In balance though, i think its the fact that some people have it early that is winding the others up! Me...... I still havn't pre-orderd :cool:

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk. It still since 9 am of today Item dispatching soon and since I live in portugal, it says I will be getting my copy on 3rd of november? What in hell? Ever since they moved from CTT (Equivelant to Royal Mail) to a company called MRW I'm getting my packages 2 days later then it was with CTT.

If you dont buy from Amazon is there any other way you can get it quicker?

I really cant belive people just cant wait till friday its 1 and a half days :confused:

Wally, a lot of peoples concerns on here are about them NOT getting their game on Friday.

Agreed the people that are complaining that people have got it early are pathetic. This thread is about people not recieving their pre-orders on Friday (of which I am one).

In the nicest possible way, can the people who are complaining Steam wont release earlier complain somewhere else.

I know, its poor! People have been reduced to behaving like 6 year olds on christmas eve. In balance though, i think its the fact that some people have it early that is winding the others up! Me...... I still havn't pre-orderd :cool:

Yeah but thats just how it is simon if you have it early then great well done if not then friday sune be here ive been testing it for 4 month but im still going up town friday to buy plus even if i had it today i wont be playing without patch

Wally, a lot of peoples concerns on here are about them NOT getting their game on Friday.

Agreed the people that are complaining that people have got it early are pathetic. This thread is about people not recieving their pre-orders on Friday (of which I am one).

In the nicest possible way, can the people who are complaining Steam wont release earlier complain somewhere else.

Yes i know that jouneyman but thats not si fault theres nothing they can do if people dont get game on time thats the responsibilty of who ever they pre-orderd with

Archived