Top2Bottom FM10: Sign Up

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Team Name: Brennan United

Manager Name: John Puckett

Chairman Name: Bernard Brennan

Looking forward to the transfer Andy, and the same question as bergtaur, will there be a complete re-draft?

It's gonna be dealt with later, he said it in the T2B 2009 thread. Shows what you and I get for not reading that note!

New Bloc will be back for season 2 Andy. We doing a new draft thing or not?
[/b]Looking forward to the transfer Andy, and the same question as bergtaur, will there be a complete re-draft?

What do you think we should do? I'm torn 50/50. I don't want to upset folks in the FM09 sign-up by saying we are doing a new draft but it's difficult to know what to do to make it fair on the new teams otherwise. I did think about allowing you all to choose five players to keep and then the new teams choose ten from the ones you discard.

What do you think we should do? I'm torn 50/50. I don't want to upset folks in the FM09 sign-up by saying we are doing a new draft but it's difficult to know what to do to make it fair on the new teams otherwise. I did think about allowing you all to choose five players to keep and then the new teams choose ten from the ones you discard.

Five seems way to much. I'm thinking you get to keep one midfielder, one striker, and one defender/goalkeeper. The we rebuild from there. That way those who signed on and where committed through T2B v.1 get to at least keep some memories of their team together, while not taking all the talent from those who wish to join on.

Five seems way to much. I'm thinking you get to keep one midfielder, one striker, and one defender/goalkeeper. The we rebuild from there. That way those who signed on and where committed through T2B v.1 get to at least keep some memories of their team together, while not taking all the talent from those who wish to join on.

What about if I said one player? And then allowed the newbies to choose one of the rejected players?

Then we could have a draft for the others.

FOR ATTENTION OF THOSE ALREADY SIGNED UP:

I am considering creating an application form in Word and making it available online for you to download and complete to email to me. This would make the sign-up process faster and easier for me to keep track of. If that is an issue to anybody, can you let me know?

I'd love to get in on this game also!

Team Name: Nordic Thunder FK

Manager Name: Vilhjalmur Baldursson

Chairman Name: Björgólfur Thor Björgólfsson

Only issue i'd have is....not having word, but it should open with WordPad? if not i can get OpenOffice sometime.

You can always use Google Documents.

Here's another idea I had kicking around in the ol' noggin. What if GCB made a list of the top 64 players in the game regardless of position? We then do a two round draft in snake style 1-32 in round 1, 32-1 in round 2. This allows all the players a fair shot at the top players to make sure that the old teams don't horde all the talent and gives everyone a fair shake. Also, it gives players the chance to shape their team the way they want.

Here's another idea I had kicking around in the ol' noggin. What if GCB made a list of the top 64 players in the game regardless of position? We then do a two round draft in snake style 1-32 in round 1, 32-1 in round 2. This allows all the players a fair shot at the top players to make sure that the old teams don't horde all the talent and gives everyone a fair shake. Also, it gives players the chance to shape their team the way they want.

Issue is twofold - waiting for people, then waiting for people, then...waiting for people. I think the other system did work better tbh.

Having gone through all the work in getting my FM09 team as I like it, I'd be loath to have to go through a draft for all my players again.

Ideally, I'd like to keep my team as it is, although this may be unfair to the new comers, so maybe nominate 5 players and then the rest go in a draft as was suggested by someone?

Of course, whatever GCB decides will be fine by me, as his decisions have been spot on so far, but those are my thoughts

Melbourne are most definitely returning, wanting to make a run at whatever we may make (since it isn't decided yet!)

EDIT: Will the promotions/demotions from FM09 be brought across?

Yes. If you win a place in the Premier League, you will be in it. However, in the interests of fairness, if you don't win a place in the Premier League, you will start in the Championship! :)

Vfb. Rammstein will be back for the next season, personally I like the keep 1 or maybe 2? players and have the newcomers pick that amount of players and then re-do the draft

I'm going to count you as a new team if thats OK so you can re-name etc ... It's up to you whether you choose player(s) from the VfB team you took over and take a chance on promotion OR start as a complete new team and maybe get placed in one of the probable empty Premier League places. Your choice mate.

So far, I have 15 returning teams (inc. VfB) and 11 new teams which makes 26 altogether. These are all guaranteed their place in the T2B version 2. If I end up with more than 32, so be it.

There are 9 other teams from T2B version 1 that I haven't heard from. I don't anticipate hearing from coasterkoa as he hasn't contributed in months so that potentially leaves us heading to 34 teams. Any other newcomer can feel free to sign up but I am not guaranteeing you a place. You'll be on my reserve list - although I am tempted to head to 44 teams and have the complete PL/CCC experience if possible but it would be an awful lot of work on my part so maybe not!

Top2Bottom version 1 teams have until Saturday evening to confirm their place in this version of the sign-up. However, I am certain that Northerm_Lights is away so his Northern Extreme side might have a longer guarantee. I'm also saving a spot for HarryS if he wants one as I know he likes my sign-up's and is away for a couple of days at the moment.

I'm assuming nobody but charlesbeams has an issue with the Word/email application? As for that one charlesbeams, I can send it you in WordPad form unless you can get into the Google Documents as someone else suggested.

I would like to take my chance on promotion as I have technically gained control of the team before the season starts and I would feel less than satisfied if I just reaped the benefits of a player not bringing their squad over to the new sign-up and taking an empty slot, but if I had the option to customize Team name and other such details, I would look into it.

I would like to take my chance on promotion as I have technically gained control of the team before the season starts and I would feel less than satisfied if I just reaped the benefits of a player not bringing their squad over to the new sign-up and taking an empty slot, but if I had the option to customize Team name and other such details, I would look into it.

I don't mind you customising the team name etc ... Everyone needs to re-do some stuff even if they were in version 1.

So you are sticking with VfB Rammstein (renamed and rebadged in whatever way) and if they are promoted, you're Premier League and if not, you are Championship. And you get to choose a player or players from that side.

I'm posting these images to help people decide on their kit styles when they create their team later.

For reference, the following colours were used for each:

Foreground Colour: Black

Background Colour: White

Outline Colour: Red

SHIRTS

ShirtDesigns.jpg

SHORTS

ShortsDesigns.jpg

SOCKS

SocksDesigns.jpg

ALSO ...

This image is for use with manager preferences.

ManagerPreferences.jpg

Archived