Top2Bottom FM10: Sign Up

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problemo uno - only one so far - surrounds the managers I have created.

Only the first one I did - Alcester Angels Marcus Van Der Cook - is showing. The others all have the jobs available. I used MVDC to dulpicate the rest. Could this be the issue? Anybody who uses editor any ideas?

I know that doesn't cause an issue with players. Have you set them to be manager on the club section and their contract section? Just clutching at straws tbh :(

I have. Duplicating clubs hasn't caused any issues either.

My first instinct was that the editor wasn't saving my database changes BUT the managers are in the editor when I reload. And when I start the game, the finances - which I edited afterwards - do show as edited. Therefore, it has to be an issue with the 32 created managers other than the first one - who was the only one not duplicated.

When I put a real manager - Mr Wenger - at Bananas and loaded a new game, he was at the club no problems.

Will create a completely new manager and try that.

EDIT: A completely new manager = shows in the game. It means I have 31 managers to create again. :(

Good stuff GCB.

Will there be anything to respond to tomorrow? Because I'll be on in the morning but then out all day and don't want to miss anything! Will try to log on late night tomorrow while slightly inebriated, just in case!

That's awesome! As a fan of progressive rock, I particularly liked the way the badges flashing up was about 1/8 out of time with the music :)

There was no intention to link the music beat to the badges.

However, I did notice the badges just slightly out of time! If i'd got it right, it would have been awesome! Although you say you liked it!

Love the Poppiholla song; the Hoppipolla song is even better so expect that at some point too!

Guest roberto922

That intro is genuinely awesome, the amount of effort and detail you've put in to this blows away all other signups, incredible.

There was no intention to link the music beat to the badges.

However, I did notice the badges just slightly out of time! If i'd got it right, it would have been awesome! Although you say you liked it!

Love the Poppiholla song; the Hoppipolla song is even better so expect that at some point too!

It would have been cool if they were exactly in time, but as I say, only nerdy prog fans like me appreciate deliberately out of time music :p

Wow, that was awesome!

Now I'll have to join twitter to follow the tweets.

So looking forward to whatever happens next.

Edit: Now a fully-fledged twitterer, not sure what all the fuss is about yet.

@ Bananas: Won't be changing badge in video but will use new badge from now on. :)

@ Dumax: The song was Poppiholla by Chicane. Doesn't the iTunes advert pop up when you watch it? It should do.

@ everyone: Sorry it wasn't last night. Had an 'appointment' with the in-laws and an Indian restaurant and several pints of Kingfisher that I'd forgotten about. And when it comes to a few pints of Kingfisher, you lot don't even get near the top of the priority list! ;)

Within next hour though ...

Archived