Top2Bottom FM10: Sign Up

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... I go away for one weekend and suddenly I see my Messi is on the open market?

Given I was told earlier that Messi would be safe (and the fact I have been a regular poster on the original thread prior to my weekend away) I'm hoping this is just a small oversight on GCB's part, but I guess I'll find out whenever GCB is back, your word is final on here of course! (although if that is the case I would hope for some compensation - ie a star non-european player (can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure theres some? Of course I would much rather keep Mesi, given he is the best player in the world!)

Anyway, I'll leave it to you.

Cheers,

Mark

Hmmm... I go away for one weekend and suddenly I see my Messi is on the open market?

Given I was told earlier that Messi would be safe (and the fact I have been a regular poster on the original thread prior to my weekend away) I'm hoping this is just a small oversight on GCB's part, but I guess I'll find out whenever GCB is back, your word is final on here of course! (although if that is the case I would hope for some compensation - ie a star non-european player (can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure theres some? Of course I would much rather keep Mesi, given he is the best player in the world!)

Anyway, I'll leave it to you.

Cheers,

Mark

Did you tell me that you were going away for the weekend and wouldn't be around?

You did send me the sign-up form after I'd posted about people sending me a PM regarding their chosen player. Why didn't you PM me at that point? It was clear in the thread before you sent your sign-up form (Post 168 and 171 - posted April 9th just before 1pm; your form was sent to me early on April 11th).

The fact that you're a regular poster is neither here nor there. I asked for the PM; you didn't send it me. If I'd known that (a) you were away this weekend OR (b) you'd sent your sign-up form before I asked for player choices then you'd have been given more time to send me the PM or I would have assumed you wanted Messi. I was 99.9% sure who you wanted but you never confirmed it.

Obviously you had kind of made it clear that you wanted Messi without actually confirming it (see Posts 92 and 97) but it'd be unfair of me to pull Messi out of the draft now. I think it is kind of up to the rest of the people involved in the sign-up to decide whether you get Messi or not.

GCB

For the record, my chosen player was on my email to GCB, and not in a PM so this has caused a lot of confusion, sorry. Ronaldo was taken by me.

Was it?

I'll go and check mate. If I have made a mistake, you will get to keep your chosen player.

EDIT: Yes he did, missed that one. Cristiano Ronaldo is not available now, Fanghunters did choose him.

Would you like to risk getting last pick though?

I asked in my PM, but maybe I missed something and someone else can answer my question to save GCB the trouble:

Will we be allowed re-allocate funds spent on our player positions in our application forms based on who we get in the draft?

No you won't. That'd take too much messing about! :)

bar the player i am just about to send you; is there anything else i need to do?

I am sorry mate but - as often happened on the FM09 version - you failed to do as I requested. You said you were in but didn't fill in the sign-up form or send a player name to me. I wouldn't mind but the sign-up form was available when you said you were in and everybody else was going on about it in the thread. So it was pretty obvious that you needed to do something.

You don't read things properly and quite frankly that annoys me when I put so much effort into the sign-up. If you had read this thread properly, you would already know that I don't want you to do any more in the sign-up as you are already out of it now. Sorry.

I think we know who's getting Messi anyway, so we should let them decide :p

and whats all this stadium naming from people? i dont need to do this do i?

I haven't asked for stadium names yet - I forgot to put it on the form. Some have decided to PM it to me with their players.

Anyway, I am asking now. Please PM me or post on here your stadium name!

Also, please don't send me any more emails folks. Please post on the thread or via my PM inbox now please.

Stadium Name: Rupture Farms 1029

You need to start posting your team name with things!

Mainly for the newcomers, I need your team name when you post things - whether it's PM or just on the thread - just until I get used to which user is which team. I know the FM09 lot already but I don't know all yours yet. GCB

Am waiting on:

15 players PM: Bananas FC, Fafeful United, Helsinki Hurricanes, Phoenix FC

Stadium Names: Coedpoeth United, New Bloc, Northern Extreme, Discworld, London Titans, Queensland Origin, Flackwell Falcons, Welsh Wizards, Bananas FC, Essendon, Boreham Badgers, Fanghunters, Fafeful United, Helsinki Hurricanes, Phoenix FC, Melbourne, Hallendren Awakeners, Rampant Ravishers, Sporting Stronburg, Nordic Thunder, Horden All Stars.

Please PM me with your player choices ASAP if not done and either PM or post your stadium name in the thread ASAP as well. The teams are created and the league is set up but I need to edit them now with details as well as creating managers and chairmen.

Did you tell me that you were going away for the weekend and wouldn't be around?

You did send me the sign-up form after I'd posted about people sending me a PM regarding their chosen player. Why didn't you PM me at that point? It was clear in the thread before you sent your sign-up form (Post 168 and 171 - posted April 9th just before 1pm; your form was sent to me early on April 11th).

The fact that you're a regular poster is neither here nor there. I asked for the PM; you didn't send it me. If I'd known that (a) you were away this weekend OR (b) you'd sent your sign-up form before I asked for player choices then you'd have been given more time to send me the PM or I would have assumed you wanted Messi. I was 99.9% sure who you wanted but you never confirmed it.

Obviously you had kind of made it clear that you wanted Messi without actually confirming it (see Posts 92 and 97) but it'd be unfair of me to pull Messi out of the draft now. I think it is kind of up to the rest of the people involved in the sign-up to decide whether you get Messi or not.

GCB

Fair enough, I guess I took your earlier message assuring me that Messi was going to be safe too literally then... no worries.

For future reference I will often not check this thread over the weekend, as I am generally out and about.

Thanks,

Mark

PM sent whilst you were making that post :)

Helsinki Hurricanes at the Hurricane Alley Stadium btw

I've just been looking at your sign-up form. Did you think you had £500m to spend?!!!!! :D

It was £300m!

Your team will be interesting - you'll be a damn good team in the Championship with a horrendous bank balance!

First ever T2B administration?!!!!

Fair enough, I guess I took your earlier message assuring me that Messi was going to be safe too literally then... no worries.

For future reference I will often not check this thread over the weekend, as I am generally out and about.

Thanks,

Mark

I'm waiting for some PM's from the others to whether you should be allowed to keep Messi or not. I'll go with the majority later.

Let me know folks: should Essendon get to keep Lionel Messi? PM me.

I've just been looking at your sign-up form. Did you think you had £500m to spend?!!!!! :D

It was £300m!

Your team will be interesting - you'll be a damn good team in the Championship with a horrendous bank balance!

First ever T2B administration?!!!!

Oh my days, I completely forgot about keeping my finances steady. Oh deary deary deary me :o

Up the Pompey v2?

Oh my days, I completely forgot about keeping my finances steady. Oh deary deary deary me :o

Up the Pompey v2?

It should make it interesting at least. For half a season you should be very good!

EDIT: Have added up player/staff bids and stadium costs only so far. You've spent £479m so your current balance is -£179m.

However, the Alcester Angels are also definitely starting with at least £24m debts. Nobody else ... yet!

It should make it interesting at least. For half a season you should be very good!

EDIT: Have added up player/staff bids and stadium costs only so far. You've spent £479m so your current balance is -£179m.

However, the Alcester Angels are also definitely starting with at least £24m debts. Nobody else ... yet!

Could I possibly re-do my form quickly? It seems as though I thought we had £500m.

So... I feel bad for Essendon, he was in a tough spot, but everyone else made it in on time. Therefore I think he shouldn't get to keep Messi.

As far as stadium name for New Bloc F.C. I feel like it should be named after the teams first and greatest manager.

Team Name: New Bloc F.C.

Stadium name: Stadion Uljarevic

Am waiting on:

15 players PM: Bananas FC, Fafeful United, Helsinki Hurricanes, Phoenix FC

Stadium Names: Coedpoeth United, New Bloc, Northern Extreme, Discworld, London Titans, Queensland Origin, Flackwell Falcons, Welsh Wizards, Bananas FC, Essendon, Boreham Badgers, Fanghunters, Fafeful United, Helsinki Hurricanes, Phoenix FC, Melbourne, Hallendren Awakeners, Rampant Ravishers, Sporting Stronburg, Nordic Thunder, Horden All Stars.

Please PM me with your player choices ASAP if not done and either PM or post your stadium name in the thread ASAP as well. The teams are created and the league is set up but I need to edit them now with details as well as creating managers and chairmen.

Forgot about my stadium name! I'll pick "Eldinghöllin" for my stadium name.

Cheers.

For a bit of fun while waiting: how about designing your team's shirts in an image editor?

Here is a blank shirt, you know how you designed your shirts - it's on your sign-up form if you've forgotten!

BlankShirt.jpg

And your sponsor logo can be easily found and added. I've randomly chosen sponsors and the amounts are based on real Premier League and Championship sponsor deals for this season. I've changed the sponsors but not the money/seasons.

Here they are:

Coca Cola, £100m over 5 seasons >>> Tibbolini

Fosters, £5 over 1 season >>> Essex Eagles

SKY, £15m over 3 seasons >>> Welsh Wizards

PlayStation, £8.4m over 7 seasons >>> Capite Al Calcem

Tesco, £50m over 5 seasons >>> Boreham Badgers

visitlasvegas.com, £8m over 3 seasons >>> Oldham North Stars

B&Q, £6m over 2 seasons >>> Flackwell Falcons

Kit Kat, £2m over 2 seasons >>> Nordic Thunder

Ford, £7m over 1 season >>> Northern Extreme

YouTube, £1.4m over 1 season >>> Steel Panthers

O2, £56.5m over 4 seasons >>> BC Lions

Carling, £2m over 2 seasons >>> Coedpoeth United

Argos, £4.8m over 1 season >>> Bananas FC

Mars, £800,000 over 1 season >>> Rampant Ravishers (well, it is the right shape I guess!!)

T-Mobile, £6m over 6 seasons >>> Fanghunters

Pepsi, £10m over 4 seasons >>> Melbourne

Google, £34m over 4 seasons >>> Discworld

Carlsberg, £1m over 1 season >>> Phoenix FC

WKD, £1m over 1 season >>> Essendon

ESPN, £7.5m over 3 seasons >>> CSKA Oddworld

X-Box, £1m over 1 season >>> Hunters FC

visitmalta.com, £500,000 over 1 season >>> Hallendren Awakeners

Next, £500,000 over 1 season >>> Hangover FC

Halfords, £500,000 over 1 season >>> Alcester Angels

Morrisons, £1m over 1 season >>> Sporting Stronburg

Yorkie, £2m over 2 seasons >>> Helsinki Hurricanes