Top2Bottom FM10: Sign Up

What exams?!!!! ;)

The Primary school exams that I teach kids for are looking like being boycotted by the Head Teacher union so it looks like we're not going to have to worry about it. :)

It's no more than a ten minute job - as long as you don't start bidding for individual players!!!

Those pesky GCSE's that i've got in 5 weeks time ;)

And knowing me, i'll take 3 hours to do it, constantly altering the bids for players & staff! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do agree with Weeman, I spent a fortune on some positions to try and get the best and what's the point if the best is already all given out for free?

I have to agree here. It isn't fair on the new teams that the older teams are allowed to retain the best players in the world for free. At the very least they should have to give some money to keep them, otherwise they can easily out bid new teams on the remaining positions because they already have someone who is great in a certain position.

I have to agree here. It isn't fair on the new teams that the older teams are allowed to retain the best players in the world for free. At the very least they should have to give some money to keep them, otherwise they can easily out bid new teams on the remaining positions because they already have someone who is great in a certain position.

I meant to say this. Getting the right amount is key though.

I meant to say this. Getting the right amount is key though.

Perhaps the team who wishes to retain the player could be given the option to match the bid that would normally of gotten their player? For example, if the player is rated as being the 2nd best in the world - and the highest bids for a player in that position are 60M and 50M, then the team that wants to retain the player(s) can either match 50M or allow the other team to receiving them. This gives the original teams the advantage of knowing the exact amount they have to bid (so there is no waste), as well as the option to have the guarantee of receiving the player or not.

Perhaps the team who wishes to retain the player could be given the option to match the bid that would normally of gotten their player? For example, if the player is rated as being the 2nd best in the world - and the highest bids for a player in that position are 60M and 50M, then the team that wants to retain the player(s) can either match 50M or allow the other team to receiving them. This gives the original teams the advantage of knowing the exact amount they have to bid (so there is no waste), as well as the option to have the guarantee of receiving the player or not.

But they would have to know that amount after they sent in their application and it might require a lot of reshuffling of funds. I would say a percentage of the bid price that would have gotten the player, this way its a lot less maneuvering of funds, if that's the way you want to do it.

Personally, I feel that because these teams are coming from the other version of the sign-up, they should be granted one player from their current roster for free, like a "loyalty bonus".

And GCB, could you do me a favor and lower my bids by 1M each (players only) except for my 4 highest ones for players? If you want me to resend in an application with the new figures I can do that.

But they would have to know that amount after they sent in their application and it might require a lot of reshuffling of funds. I would say a percentage of the bid price that would have gotten the player, this way its a lot less maneuvering of funds, if that's the way you want to do it.

Personally, I feel that because these teams are coming from the other version of the sign-up, they should be granted one player from their current roster for free, like a "loyalty bonus".

And GCB, could you do me a favor and lower my bids by 1M each (players only) except for my 4 highest ones for players? If you want me to resend in an application with the new figures I can do that.

Yeah, re-send it me. Put in the subject box that it is a re-send though.

You could fill in the right had side with statistics such as top scorers assists. Also if you are showing the final score SSN has the two teams one above the other with the scoreres listed, time of goals, possibly ground and attendence but I don't know that.

Also england team will be

Green

Johnson

Terry and Rio

Cole

Barry Lampard

Walcott Rooney and Gerrard

And Heskey

Unless he starts rooney uptop then gerrard or milner in the middle with the other on the wing. ;)

Also Loojay please can we never have that line up :p

I really don't want this one/two player thing to become a big deal. All this talk of using the balance and changing bids etc ... It sounds like a big job.

So I have made a decision and it is final!

Each of the FM09 Top 2 Bottom teams will be PM'd a list of their five most influential players: they'll get their best average rating player, their most valuable player, their top scorer, their top assist and their top goalkeeper. If some of these duplicate, I'll make the list up to five using my own discretion.

From that list, the managers will be able to choose ONE player only to keep with their FM10 side.

That will mean that there are four players 'disgarded' by their managers. These four players from each side will form a second list for the newcomers. Each of the newcomers will be able to select TWO players from this list - the best talent will have been chosen already so they get two players to make up for it. The remaining players on the list will then offered to the FM09 crew to choose ONE more player.

I'll decide the order that people get to choose in a random way.

This way, everybody gets two players in a fair way. The FM09 lot get to keep one of their best players and a fourth choice; the newbies get to choose a second and third choice.

Hope you think that's fair.

GCB

HERE ARE THE PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM:

FM09 T2B users should choose one of their players and PM me with the name of that player ASAP.

New FM10 users need to wait for a moment. I will let you know what to do soon.

Blackthorn Athletic

Nihat, Totti, Adler, Ben Arfa, Bodmer

Boreham Badgers

Del Piero, Valdes, Iniesta, Pavlyuchenko, Rafael Marquez

Brennan United

Liedson, Pandev, Camoranesi, Carrick, Tymoschuk

Coedpoeth United

Santa Cruz, Rooney, Cech, Fabregas, Terry

Didsbury Dynamoes

Deco, Ibrahimovic, Xavi, Casillas, Abidal

Discworld

Berbatov, Villa, Bassong, Toulalan, Xabi Alonso

Essendon

Messi, Klose, Jagielka, Pepe, Akinfeev

Essex Eagles

Maxwell, Jo, Ochoa, Anderson, Balotelli

Gnome'ania United

Hulk, Bellamy, Benaglio, Hargreaves, Cambiasso

Inland Valley Hawks

Huntelaar, Benzema, Bale, Aquilani, Modric

Isle of Man Metros

Toni, Sergio Ramos, Julio Cesar, De Rossi, Martins

London Titans

Forlan, Vucinic, Wes Brown, Anelka, Montolivo

New Bloc

Ferdinand, Henry, Doni, Mascherano, Pato

Northern Extreme

Torres, Cassano, Dani Alves, Lassana Diarra, Lampard

Queensland Origin

Sneijder, Kitson, Arbeloa, Demichellis, Arteta

Saffron United

Chiellini, Djibril Cisse, Frey, Ribery, Mutu

Steel Panthers

Drogba, Robinho, Given, Chinedu Obasi, Carvalho

Tibbolini

Kanoute, Eto'o, Robben, Pirlo, Maicon

Welsh Wizards

Vagner Love, Arshavin, Kuyt, Malouda, Vidic

Fanghunters

Kaka, Van Nistelrooy, Flamini, Gerrard, Ronaldo

Canadian Mighty Squirrels

Di Natale, Keane, Essien, Adebayor, Rosicky

Melbourne

Eduardo, Buffon, Aguero, Elano, Ronaldinho

Joga Bonitos Juniors

Higuain, David Suazo, Gomes, Diego (CM), Skrtel

VfB Rammstein

Tevez, Keirrison, Friedel, Palacios, Tim Cahill

I really don't want this one/two player thing to become a big deal. All this talk of using the balance and changing bids etc ... It sounds like a big job.

Each of the FM09 Top 2 Bottom teams will be PM'd a list of their five most influential players: they'll get their best average rating player, their most valuable player, their top scorer, their top assist and their top goalkeeper. If some of these duplicate, I'll make the list up to five using my own discretion.

From that list, the managers will be able to choose ONE player only to keep with their FM10 side.

That will mean that there are four players 'disgarded' by their managers. These four players from each side will form a second list for the newcomers. Each of the newcomers will be able to select TWO players from this list - the best talent will have been chosen already so they get two players to make up for it. The remaining players on the list will then offered to the FM09 crew to choose ONE more player.

I'll decide the order that people get to choose in a random way.

This way, everybody gets two players in a fair way. The FM09 lot get to keep one of their best players and a fourth choice; the newbies get to choose a second and third choice.

GCB

How will the selections for the new comers be done? As I'd imagine there would be many players that would be wanted by the same people.

How will the selections for the new comers be done? As I'd imagine there would be many players that would be wanted by the same people.

:thup: :thup: I'll decide the order that people get to choose in a random way. :thup: :thup:

GCB

That's how.

I'll have a random list for order. You'll need to pick a set of players you want and I'll use the order to draft them.

Guest roberto922

I'll keep Rooney, could you take £4m off striker 2 and put £2m on Right Winger and Striker 1 please :)

HERE ARE THE PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM:

Blackthorn Athletic

Nihat, Totti, Adler, Ben Arfa, Bodmer

Boreham Badgers

Del Piero, Valdes, Iniesta, Pavlyuchenko, Rafael Marquez

Brennan United

Liedson, Pandev, Camoranesi, Carrick, Tymoschuk

Coedpoeth United

Santa Cruz, Rooney, Cech, Fabregas, Terry

Didsbury Dynamoes

Deco, Ibrahimovic, Xavi, Casillas, Abidal

Discworld

Berbatov, Villa, Bassong, Toulalan, Xabi Alonso

Essendon

Messi, Klose, Jagielka, Pepe, Akinfeev

Essex Eagles

Maxwell, Jo, Ochoa, Anderson, Balotelli

Gnome'ania United

Hulk, Bellamy, Benaglio, Hargreaves, Cambiasso

Inland Valley Hawks

Huntelaar, Benzema, Bale, Aquilani, Modric

Isle of Man Metros

Toni, Sergio Ramos, Julio Cesar, De Rossi, Martins

London Titans

Forlan, Vucinic, Wes Brown, Anelka, Montolivo

New Bloc

Ferdinand, Henry, Doni, Mascherano, Pato

Northern Extreme

Torres, Cassano, Dani Alves, Lassana Diarra, Lampard

Queensland Origin

Sneijder, Kitson, Arbeloa, Demichellis, Arteta

Saffron United

Chiellini, Djibril Cisse, Frey, Ribery, Mutu

Steel Panthers

Drogba, Robinho, Given, Chinedu Obasi, Carvalho

Tibbolini

Kanoute, Eto'o, Robben, Pirlo, Maicon

Welsh Wizards

Vagner Love, Arshavin, Kuyt, Malouda, Vidic

Fanghunters

Kaka, Van Nistelrooy, Flamini, Gerrard, Ronaldo

Canadian Mighty Squirrels

Di Natale, Keane, Essien, Adebayor, Rosicky

Melbourne

Eduardo, Buffon, Aguero, Elano, Ronaldinho

Joga Bonitos Juniors

Higuain, David Suazo, Gomes, Diego (CM), Skrtel

VfB Rammstein

Tevez, Keirrison, Friedel, Palacios, Tim Cahill

That's what I'd do.

I have 25 sign-up forms and 25 badges so far (assuming that it's the same 25). Some are newcomers (welcome), some are FM09 version users - some of which have sent their player choices and some still need to - and I am aware of others that simply haven't yet sent their forms to me via email yet.

FM09 Veterans who have sent PM: Boreham Badgers, Coedpoeth United, Discworld, Gnome'ania United, Melbourne, New Bloc, Hallendren Awakeners (aka VfB), Steel Panthers, Tibbolini, Welsh Wizards, Fanghunters, Essex Eagles, Queensland Origin (13)

FM09 Veterans who still need to send PM: (0)

FM10 Newbies: Alcester Angels, Bananas FC, BC Lions, Capite Ad Calcem, CSKA Oddworld, Fafeful United, FC Libourne Saint-Seurin, Hangover FC, Helsinki Hurricanes, Horden All Stars, Nordic Thunder, Oldham North Stars, Phoenix FC, Rampant Ravishers (14)

Total so far: 27

Also waiting for sign up forms from some people who say they are joining in:

FM09 Veterans who need to email sign-up form and PM me player: Brennan United, Essendon, Isle of Man Metros, London Titans, Joga Bonitos Juniors (5)

FM10 Newbies: Singapore Flyers (1)

That's 33 if they all send their forms in.

I'm also expecting a response soon from Northerm_Lights (Northern Extreme) when he returns from holiday and I'm keeping a place open for HarryS for when he returns. That would make 35.

I'm also going to PM the last few FM09 veterans who I haven't heard from - there are 3 of these which would make 38.

Sign up closed to any more newbies. FM09 veterans have until Sunday morning to confirm their guaranteed place. Sign up forms and such need to be in by Sunday morning as well. The deadline may be extended for Northerm_Lights if needed as he is on holiday.

Just a quick thing Andy, in the first one, I should have an 80,000 seater because I answered a question and got it as a prize iirc. What will happen with this? Shall I just ignore that?

Just a quick thing Andy, in the first one, I should have an 80,000 seater because I answered a question and got it as a prize iirc. What will happen with this? Shall I just ignore that?

Ignore it, I'm afraid. The only thing crossing over is a player I'm afraid otherwise it'd be a nightmare to sort out.

No idea mate. It'll be as quick as possible. Just sorting out reputations and positions (meant that I needed to finish 09 season so I now know who won and who lost etc) and who is in and who is not. Going to start editing database in coming days. Will probably run draft at same time.

Still need player choices and sign-up forms from several people.

Archived